Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Scenario: Perfectly Well Rounded

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Being perfectly well-rounded is not an easy feat. Some Sims are extremely impressive. They have mastered their aspiration, they’re well-liked by others AND they’ve followed their dreams unapologetically. It’s not easy to be so versatile, but it’s a path worth pursuing. Are you up for the task?

Perfectly Well Rounded will be playable from Wednesday 11/17 10:00am PT to Wednesday 12/1 10:00am PT.

Comments

• Options
    Scenario Rules

LjNxLc2.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited November 2021
    Party Animal, Charisma (auto-levels with each succesful party), Cooking and Vampire lore. Done.

I'm only half joking. I have a Legacy on the side where the goal is to master all aspirations, all skills and ten full time careers over the course of ten generations, and I find it very hard to connect to my sims in aspiration-oriented gameplay. It's not hard, just so dull.

If I attempt this scenario, then I might really use a Party Animal sim, a newcomer to Detroit, what would provide me with the satisfaction of watching that fresh new face interact with my established sims.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I think it could be fun to do this one where you choose traits for a sim that will make it harder for them to achieve the goals.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I hope the limited time scenarios come back around later. I'm still neck deep in the Millionaire Scenario and don't want to be distracted.
  • Options
    If it's a scenario you're really interested in just take a few minutes to create a new sim and start the scenario. As long as you've started there is no completion deadline.

I'll be creating a sim today for Perfectly Well Rounded so I don't forget about it because I'm still playing my toddler scenario.
  • Options
    If it's a scenario you're really interested in just take a few minutes to create a new sim and start the scenario. As long as you've started there is no completion deadline.

I'll be creating a sim today for Perfectly Well Rounded so I don't forget about it because I'm still playing my toddler scenario.

That's a good idea, thanks!
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I see a world of difference between the tweet "max out [Hundred] skills, relationships, and master aspirations" and the actual scenario of completing 1 aspiration, maxing 3 skills, and having 5 friends. There are many aspirations more challenging than this. And making it limited time annoys me too though I doubt Ill even bother.

I'm thinking I'm better off with a timer that I can set to go off when the values I specify are met and then I can cheat a reward to my sim that I feel is appropriate for the challenge they went through.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    I'm using the scenarios so far to play sims with traits and aspirations I wouldn't ordinarily touch. The main sim in my Millionaire Scenario is a kleptomaniac, and I've made Bella Goth's daughter paranoid. I'm also playing some of the premades, which I seldom do. I'm having a lot of fun doing things a bit differently.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2021
    The only reason for time limited Scenarios I can see is a marketing one. If everyone is forced to play between Wednesday 11/17 and Wednesday 12/1 then Twitter/YouTube etc. will be full of posts about this Scenario during that week. (Sorry about the tinfoil hat!)

I really can't see another reason why they would out these limits on the game? Have any of the Guru's said anything?

I'm currently in the middle of my own Scenario (no, EA, you can't have it :wink: ) and don't want to have to stop it to make a Sim so that I don't miss out on this Scenario.

(Also, I already have a Sim who has reached those goals and already has thousands of aspiration points).

Edit: I'm not a fan of Scenarios but I mean absolutely no disrespect to those who are. I generally just want people to enjoy the game, even if that means enjoying something I don't. Sometimes it just feels good to vent.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    This doesn't sound very different from just playing the game normally to be honest, almost every career in the game wants you to level up one or two skills to level 10.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think it should be time-limited .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    The only reason for time limited Scenarios I can see is a marketing one. If everyone is forced to play between Wednesday 11/17 and Wednesday 12/1 then Twitter/YouTube etc. will be full of posts about this Scenario during that week. (Sorry about the tinfoil hat!)

I really can't see another reason why they would out these limits on the game? Have any of the Guru's said anything?

I'm currently in the middle of my own Scenario (no, EA, you can't have it :wink: ) and don't want to have to stop it to make a Sim so that I don't miss out on this Scenario.

(Also, I already have a Sim who has reached those goals and already has thousands of aspiration points).

Edit: I'm not a fan of Scenarios but I mean absolutely no disrespect to those who are. I generally just want people to enjoy the game, even if that means enjoying something I don't. Sometimes it just feels good to vent.

Could also be a way to gauge interest in specific themes. How many players will rush to play Perfectly well rounded compared to Too many toddlers? How many usually dead accounts got reactivated just to play the parenting scenario? And so on.

I still haven't updated my game (too many mods that could feel disturbed by the smallest change), so I play offline and just cheat myself the rewards.
  • Options

Could also be a way to gauge interest in specific themes. How many players will rush to play Perfectly well rounded compared to Too many toddlers? How many usually dead accounts got reactivated just to play the parenting scenario? And so on.

I still haven't updated my game (too many mods that could feel disturbed by the smallest change), so I play offline and just cheat myself the rewards.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. :smile:
    I still consider that to fall under the marketing term but it makes more sense.

Thank you for replying to me!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited November 2021
    Oh already? thanks for reminder i shall get to it asap :sunglasses: wanted to do it before money one anyway since that probably takes little longer

but yeah i still agree they shouldn't do time limited thing

funnily it has made me play less cause i just keep feeling like i need to gather energy for next time limited thing p_p

if they're interested in what i want they should definitely already know its the romance :wink:

but I'll do all the scenarios eventually anyway since i started so idk how that helps them :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    My legacy matriarch, who has been in my game for 2 years, has long since surpassed that.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I don't think I have a single sim I've played that hasn't completed at least 1 aspiration, maxed 3 or more skills, and made at leasr 5 (Only 5! Given how easy it more my loner sims to get the "people person" lifestyle, It's takes more work NOT to make more than 4 friends in this game!) friends lol.

Like it's fine, but as usual, we end up having to make out OWN rules to make it interesting (For instance, if I do this one, I'll probably randomize which specific aspiration & skills I need to do for it to "count" or something) so why set it up in this limited way to begin with?

Idk, sorry to be so negative, I just keep TRYING to do these scenarios and make something of them but the more I do the more frustrated I get :/
  • Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    Isn't this kinda how everyone already plays?
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member

@comicsforlife I completely agree. I hate the fact that some are time limited. Makes me want to do them less. I want them to just be we have it or don't or we gotta buy a pack whatever! Just don't trigger my anxiety with a deadline, EA. LOL
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

This is exactly how I feel about them as well. I want to finish the story I am playing out now first, and then give the scenarios a try when it suits me.

I also think you might be right with this being a marketing strategy to create a lot of attention on twitter/YouTube. I don't like constant time pressure on playing the sims. That is the moment I try to unwind and relax. If all they add from now on are time limited scenarios to push players to play when and what EA wants us to, then I am out. Time limits is ruining any potential for scenarios for me.

For this scenario it is a shame because I play a lot my games with this goal and I would be using it regularly if it were permanent. Most of my sims reach these goals at some point.

I also still have a household waiting for the toddler scenario. Well actually 3 households : a human household, an alien household and a spellcaster household, so I still have a few options once I get to this scenario. I could add a sim for this scenario to that save, I suppose. But if they will continue to push out time limited scenarios like this,... I can't and won't create sims for every single time limited scenario.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I don't understand why anything that's put in the Sims 4 should be limited. Either put them in permently or not at all.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

@comicsforlife I completely agree. I hate the fact that some are time limited. Makes me want to do them less. I want them to just be we have it or don't or we gotta buy a pack whatever! Just don't trigger my anxiety with a deadline, EA. LOL

Well, there are bad news for us all here:
    213046c759e39fc39cb948edfb4effcf1c278319.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, the original post makes it sound waaaay difficult, and then we read the actual scenario requirements... 😄

I'm not sure I ever completed these before though, I'm a slow player and not really one for maxing things out etc. So it will be worthwhile to try out for me personally.

I do not agree with time limiting, however.

But never mind, I shall put one of my current unplayed sims into my library and delete them from my game and then add them back for the scenario. I will then have 3 households in my rotation which are set for scenarios to play when I get round to it. I've only done the toddler one so far, that was the one which appealed to me the most.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't mind that some scenarios are time-limited because there are no unique rewards. And they used to do time-limited challenges in the past, like the Growfruit challenge and the Positivity challenge, so time-limited events with goals aren't a new concept.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It's not about the rewards. I just feel that playing Sims should be a relaxing and fun experience where you are in control of how and when you want to play. Time-limited elements add pressure and FOMO(edit, I had to Google this and I think it means "fear of missing out", I hope I'm right and it doesn't mean anything rude :lol: ).

I think some time-limited events make sense, such as the Summer concert (I'm really not familiar with the ones you mentioned above I'm sorry!) but as Scenarios are a permanent fixture, I don't understand why certain Scenarios are time-limited.

I'm honestly coming around to the idea of Scenarios as a whole, although I haven't played any yet, but the time-limited thing just bothers me. :smile: