Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2021
    Its a single brand's niche fashion. I'm going to buy it, I'm going to use it, and it will be awesome for SOME of the stories and households I want. But it is not going to fill the gap in men's clothing. So, my view is simple. As someone who has played the game since the first and hardcore since the second, I'm older than the clothes you keep saying my simself should want. Where is the middle aged middle income clothes that seem so boring but make up everyday attire for most people? I use everything, every single pack has something I will love in it, that is why I'm still playing, but sometimes I feel like EA is ashamed I'm its fanbase.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims team said we should offer joggers, because players might not be comfortable with the varsity dress, they’re going to need to start with joggers and work their way up
    Don't worry Sims Team we are all very snuggly and comfortable with some legsxposure

and game has many joggers to pair

though we are not very comfortable with the cold ankles on male pants so i guess you got that part right
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm elated for this collab, and i pray it goes well because the previous collabs (MAC, Moschino, etc.) have'nt gone well, but this is promising! Can't wait because this is enby heaven!

~~ Wren (Nonbinary / They/Them)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    And you know what else Skyrim has? Dragons.

Are you another member of Team Dragon then?

Haha. No, I just really admire the dedication some users have to dragon posting.

Unless the alternative is Team Jacob, in that case yes I'm Team Dragon.

But wait...isn't Jacob a Werewolf? I don't care much about Twilight, but we're talking about Werewolves here.
    I know a thing or two about Werewolves. Don't get me started on Werewolves. It'll get hairy.

I want dragons too, but let's just say I'm definitely on Team Werebeast.
    Anyone? Anyone at all? B)

Psshh. Jacob is no Werewolf. He doesn't have any body hair.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7 Of course I also admire your dedication to Were posting.

Ninja edit: The many, many occult threads have all been sent on up the chain to those who make things happen.

I see you hiding in there Ninja! See that? I see you seeing me see you, see?!

Hairy Werewolves in Utilikilts. That's all Imma say.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited November 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    though we are not very comfortable with the cold ankles on male pants so i guess you got that part right

Lol, speak for yourself, I love above the ankle pants! Though I concede there should also be a substantial selection of ankle covering pants (technically there is already quite a selection of those; it feels to me as if there are simmers hating on the ankle exposure pants just because they're there :/)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well I would probably call this kit Men Wears Womenswear & the pretty girly skirts & sweater dresses will look on my Female sims.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    We need more Men's clothing, but this style is not to my taste at all. Big pass for me.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Haha. No, I just really admire the dedication some users have to dragon posting.

But wait...isn't Jacob a Werewolf? I don't care much about Twilight, but we're talking about Werewolves here.
    I know a thing or two about Werewolves. Don't get me started on Werewolves. It'll get hairy.

You see, I skipped those parts. I couldn’t have known. 😅
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Precisely!! I wouldn’t mind one skirt, because why not, But there are a lot of skirts in this kit, and most of the other clothing are too fancy/specific, so not versatile. So it’s not items most people will use.

I know kits are meant to be niche, but when people have been requesting a male clothing SP and they release this……

cyncie wrote: »
    That’s just it. I might have a few sims that would wear this, but certainly not enough to purchase this kit. We need male kits, but we need general use before niche items.

And that's why it's a kit. Niche items. I rarely play male sims and the one I do hasn't been in CAS for a wardrobe change in a couple of years. 😄 I'm kinda neutral on this kit but I'm sure it will appeal to some.

But the fact is that people have been requesting a male stuff/kit pack for years, because we are specifically lacking masculine clothing. So the fact they released a men's kit with feminine clothing, something they could ALREADY do and have plenty of, is why people are upset.

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Okay devs. Now you've done it. You're just going to have to give us an extra masculine Werewolf pack with manly clothing and varieties of manly body hair/fur and manly facial hair and manly kicker boots and flannels and torn clothing and animal hides and manly tee shirts with the sleeves rolled and manly full length jeans of different fits and manly eyebrows and manly tattoos.

And that goes for the women in the pack too. 😁 💪

I dearly hope this is the direction they go for, tough rugged werebeasts. :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Huh, interesting choice for the final pack of the year. On the whole, I'd rather have dragons.

Me too… lol….. though, really was looking forward to masculine male fashions, I’m not sure this kit fits the bill.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm old school. Masculine used to mean full male, manly, mucho, etc, etc, etc.
    It never meant "Hey Dude, don't you look so pretty & girly".
    However, my Female sims will so look very beautiful in the pretty girly outfits.

Yeah, I can actually see Casandra Goth in the white skirt with the black laggings, because it looks kind of Gothish
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I'm not against the idea of men wearing skirts and already have a few men in game that have wear skirts but this kit really is not the sort of thing I had in mind when I was hoping for more content for male sims. I was hoping for more clothing for my more traditional male sims... classic jeans, perhaps some ordinary jogging bottoms or nightwear but I think EA are trying to appeal to a particular area of the market and I'm probably not that market.

This is another kit that I probably won't be purchasing and all I can say is, thank goodness for the CC creators who actually make some decent content for men.
  • Options

You see, I skipped those parts. I couldn’t have known. 😅

Hahaha, I would have too, but that's all I saw in the trailers. Hey, I'm not saying he looked bad in human terms by any means, but by Werewolf standards he was kind of bald.

But anyway, I really hope to see some masculine female Werewolves and styles this time around for the Occults. I can't stand the way they're usually portrayed in Hollywood with shaved legs, manicures and makeup, and petite, soft frames. I want to see Sarah Connor (Terminator 2 style) with armpit hair, jawline, muscles and an attitude, sprouting a drooling snout, thick fur, massive fangs and mighty pectorals with the ferocity of a thousand dragons before Letting out a long, deep, spine chilling howl at the full moon.

And, you know, leading those thousand dragons on a leash. :wink: ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    There’s a reason I’m uncomfortable with the idea of men in short skirts. It’s not because I think it looks bad, it’s not because I’m a boomer (that would be my parents), and it’s not because I think people should conform to a gender stereotype, because I don’t.

It’s because of the elephant in the room, and I’ll leave it at that because I think you know what that euphemism is for. Of course, sims don’t have this issue to control, but it’s the idea of it that just makes me uncomfortable.

If “manspreading” is a thing, this can’t be a thing, either.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I would have really like if they were togas instead of dresses I would have used a toga a lot for parties
    or stories about Greek gods all I can think of right now when I see those dresses is. this is not sparta!
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I love they are incorporating different types of menswear into the game however all of the menswear is lacking within the sims across multiple packs, I would love to have seen a base game update where more items could have been added as the fashion for males and gender neutral sims.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    That makes 4 CAS Kits, 4 B&B Kits, and only 1 Gameplay Kit.

It would be one thing if they added something new to CAS; like maybe the ability to tuck & un-tuck shirts, button & un-button jackets, body hair, toggleable hoodies--something new like a new category in CAS.

All this is, is more upper body, lower body & full body outfits.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I realize they wanted to push boundaries with this kit. but they didn't no one is against men wearing dresses if they want to
    most just don't want to because wearing dresses is a pain the reason why women wear pants is because there easy to move and
    work in pants are also easier to keep clean a dress that drags the ground gets dirty fast.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have been liking most of the kits, although I don't have them all. The fact that they are mostly CAS or BB doesn't bother me. I wouldn't expect a lot of gameplay items in them since they are all so specifically themed. Some people have described the kits as niche items and I think that describes them very well. I regard them as additional but not necessary content. They are there to be bought if the player wants them, but they won't lose out on something super special (gameplay, career, etc) if they don't buy most of them. Bust the Dust was a natural kit with all the vacuums, although they should have included a broom. I don't mind them putting the gameplay items in the higher priced packs.