Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: how long is your spring, summer, fall and winter?

Hi everyone :)

My seasons have 14 days each. I'm not happy with it and i have a small idea of how to make them better but i would love to hear how do you manage your seasons. It doesn't matter which game you play (1, 2, 3 or 4) or if you use mods or not. Anything can help :)

How long is your spring, summer, fall and winter? And why do you made it that way?

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Interesting. Well, I have been playing TS4 for a while now and since I have Seasons I have been playing Spring, Summer, Fall 28 days and Winter 7 days. I don't use a mod, just manually switch to 7 days on the first day of Winter and then switch back to 28 days per season on the first day of Spring. I like all the seasons, but playing through 28 days of Winter would be terribly depressing to me.
    In TS3 it was much more convenient to change the length of the season and I remember basically having the same settings back then.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Fall, winter, and spring are all 7 days. Summer is 28 days because I love dressing my female sims in cute summertime outfits. Sundresses, shorts, capris, sandals, etc.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I have a mod that makes the seasons 21 days long. I think it's just perfect like that.
  • sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    It depends on my save... usually I garden a lot so I like to set them for 14 days so I can actually get a good seasonal garden going. But with normal aging it feels weird for a Sim to spend an entire period of their life in only one or two seasons, so I do like 7-days. I have actually just used MCCC to change their age range (just made Adult and YA each 10 days longer- we need more time to be young and hot haha!), so I will probably keep it to 14 days. Winter is kind of a bummer but that's ok, it's like that in real life too.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I make mine 28 days long in TS3 unless I'm trying to get to Fall or Winter or Spring quickly so that I can dress my Sims up and decorate their house so that I can take pictures for whatever the holidays that fall during that time... :)
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Season's in my game are set to the longest possible time span, the same with my Sim's lives. Otherwise I feel as though they're too short to really be enjoyed and made the most out of.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Normally I keep mine on the default 7 days and sometimes I'll use a mod to adjust the lifespan to be more realistic around season length. But even on saves where I don't have ageing enabled I'll leave it on 7 because I get tired of surroundings very quickly and need the seasons to rapid-cycle or I'll get tired of it too fast. (My Sims move house very frequently for similar reasons.)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I play TS4 and have my seasons on 14 days each. I wanted to make sure that my Sims got to experience each season and holiday plenty of times in their lives. I play on a long life span if that makes any difference. :smile:

I feel that 28 days would be too long and 7 too short, although I may try 28 in a new save one day and see.

I never considered having seasons of different lengths, does that not mess up holidays and birthdays? @Netzspannung @simgirl1010
  • SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    I like spring and summer to be 28 days, and switch to 7 days for fall and winter. I don't really like winter, and wish I could by pass it sometimes. Then remember when a lot of good holidays happen.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema time really has no meaning in my game. 😄 I play with aging off and celebrate birthdays and holidays when I feel the time is right.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema time really has no meaning in my game. 😄 I play with aging off and celebrate birthdays and holidays when I feel the time is right.

Well that sounds much more relaxing than my game! :lol: Honestly, I really like the structure of planned holidays and traditions, I don't know how I coped before got Seasons.

I did use to play with aging off and celebrate birthday when it felt time, too, but then my generations save ended because I was only three generations in and refused to age anyone up anymore. :lol:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I have mine all set at the full 28 sims days, then I use the Weather Machine to use to advance seasons & set it back to the current season to continue on. I do this for about 3 times. I like my sims to mostly be in the season that I'm in.
    For example: It's Autumn/Fall so my sims are also in Autumn/Fall. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    My game is set for 28 days seasons, all of them. I love all seasons equally and the long length gives me enough time to enjoy them properly. When I used to play with 7 days seasons it felt like the game was on fast forward. I also play with aging off, so long seasons are more suitable for this. I have added a lot of season specific holidays and now the game feels more realistically paced and not like nature on steroids.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It depends on my save. If I am doing a rotational game I set it for 7 days each season. I rotate after a year so I can enjoy all the holidays with each family. I keep aging off and have a schedule for aging up so my sims get the most out of the holidays. If I play one family with seasons of 14 days. Haven't tried 28 days yet.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I keep it at the default. I like to keep the seasons moving relatively fast, as that keeps the game interesting for me.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited November 2021
    Usually 14 days. Lately I've kept it on 28 days because I was playing a save on the long lifestyle and keep forgetting to change it over for new saves.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I have the seasons set to 28 days. I actually wish there was a longer option. I play with aging turned off, and the seasons feel too short to me. I think I would be happy if I could make them twice as long. Somewhere around 50 to 60 days would feel about right for my play style.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you all for your comments!
    I think i'll have 7 days per season, only summer will get 21 :smile:
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    28 days for all seasons.
  • ilove2314ilove2314 Posts: 3 New Member
    i think mine is fairly longish depending on how i feel XD
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    By default fourteen days for every season, aging turned off.
    However, when my story requires a unique climate, I may increase the span for a specific season, which would usually be either summer or winter.

I like taking it slow, but not too slow since this boy gets only so much playtime. I do age up my NPCs and my active sims if/ when the story requires it.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    I've always kept the seasons to 7 days, recently I've been trying 14 days for each season since I'm playing on a longer lifespan than usual. Though, I think I'll end up switching back to 7 at some point, that's what feels the smoothest to me.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    14 or 28 :)

Sometimes I have all others 28 but winter for 14 days.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    I used to play with 28 days, but have been trying 14 days. It feels very short and I might change it back. I play with very long lives and I don't really play generationally. I age Sims up when I get bored of children and just as often don't have children or keep playing the parents after children grow up and leave. I just want more time to run around in the snow (because Sims 3!).

When I played Sims 4, I always put it at 28 days because the surprise/customizable holidays and calendar are the only things I really like in Sims 4.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2021
    in ts3 i think i had it set on fall like 99% of the time

I just like fall what more can I say

in ts4 idk but i think its the default like 4 sim weeks per season

kinda annoyed cause i keep feeling stuck in winter season lately when thats not what my save needs atm

then again i guess i can blame myself for taking too long with this story of mine
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free