Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have to choose ONE occult for 2022, which and why?

Comments

• TuskorTuskor Posts: 13 New Member
    Werewolves
    I love Werewolves cause I love wolves. There may be mods but I know they can be better, and they aren't updated much. Plus I know alot of people would live the ability to create pointy ears for their characters and not have to roll a vampire or try multiple times with spellcaster.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Werewolves
    Tuskor wrote: »
    I love Werewolves cause I love wolves. There may be mods but I know they can be better, and they aren't updated much. Plus I know alot of people would live the ability to create pointy ears for their characters and not have to roll a vampire or try multiple times with spellcaster.

As far as pointy ears go, I would like Elves, they have the Immortality of a vampire and the magical ability of a spellcaster, and no I'm not talking about tiny versions that Santa has, but rather the 6ft tall fantasy versions.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Another
    I would like increased abilities for garden gnomes instead of an occult. They would do crazy good and crazy bad things on a whim or a chance card
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Another
    Chose Another cause instead of werewolves would love shapeshifters, wolves, wild cats etc
    But if they improve the supernaturals we already have including Patchy, plantsims, ghosts so they are playable that will be great
    Mummies with ancient Egypt, demi gods, goddesses, and other creatures from ancient Greece or Rome wouldn't mind either
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Fairies
    Fairies is the one Occult I absolutely need right now to complete my main family. They'd fit in so well in my secluded far-away-world save with all the other wacky occultians of mine. That is, unless, they become another mermaid or heavens forbid, a slightly better plantsim. A good-natured but slightly mischevious fairy with nature/druidic powers.

Then after my fairy choice, EA totally surprises me, and despite me not choosing it, they will throw both Werewolves and Dragonshifter Sims on the table. 2022 will be the year of the Occults. Then I wake up.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Better aliens
    I think Get To Work needs a refresh, because I'd love to use aliens more but they're pretty dull the way they are currently. A good start would be to add an occult toggle, so that players can turn it on or off depending on preferences. I've noticed a lot of players saying that they don't get alien abductions as often anymore, so a toggle could fix that. It'd be pretty neat if aliens were given a few more abilities or powers too. I'd also like to see more alien body suits, as I do like the glowing ones we already have, but some variety would be nice. I also really want the option to completely remove disguises if we want to, similar to how we can remove a vampires dark form.

My second choice would be fairies, though I'd want a take on both traditional faeries as well as the classic Tinkerbelle kind. I'd like the option to create both good and evil fairies.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Werewolves
    I need my Werewolves, I'm holding out for Werewolf in the moonlight. He's gotta hunt & he's gotta howl & he's gotta be stronger than Vampires, stronger than Vampires. ;)
    Werewolves
    I kind of want to breed werewolves and vampires.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Fairies
    What does a werewolf eat?
    edited November 2021
    Werewolves
    crocobaura wrote: »

Human Hearts according to the folklore, but they might change it to be more kid friendly in the sims universe.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Better mermaids

Human Hearts according to the folklore, but they might change it to be more kid friendly in the sims universe.

Ooh I'd like murderous werewolves :love: Though there could be a nicer diet option to them as well and maybe they could order pickled hearts online like vampires order plasma packs :lol: I would love the occults to have a possibility to be actually dangerous, but only when the player chooses that option.
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Zombies
    I want zombies because my sims2 zombies were the life of the party.
  • ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    Fairies
    Fairies would be so good, imagine all the CAS content coming with them!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Werewolves

I’ve seen ‘em hang around the Chipper’s on Friday and Saturday Nights. Battered sausages, curry chips, spice bags, you name it.
    Anything goes really. They’d be howling their way back home at 3 in the morning but at least their tummies are full. Those would be the younger ones though.

The more seasoned werebeasts prefer raw or medium raw meat. Farmers beware! Mind your cattle. And your wives.
    Werebeasts do love the taste of plasma but they’re not as sensitive to it the way, say, sharks or vampires are.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Another
    Plant sims need to be a real lifestate again.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Fairies

That seems a bit wasteful, to eat the heart only.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    no super naturals unless they include toglesto turn them off in game for players that do not went to play them as a player thats my case since i do not play supernatural sims

The nice thing is, that packs are optional. It's not like a basegame update that forces you to have content you don't want. You could just not buy the pack and the problem would be solved about not having occults in your game.
    Werewolves
    no super naturals unless they include toglesto turn them off in game for players that do not went to play them as a player thats my case since i do not play supernatural sims

The nice thing is, that packs are optional. It's not like a basegame update that forces you to have content you don't want. You could just not buy the pack and the problem would be solved about not having occults in your game.

Good Advice, but It'll fall on deaf ears, I don't really blame them since they're only human, and humanity as whole is barely sentient let alone sapient, you might as well be talking to a brink wall.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited November 2021
    Werewolves

Excellent advice. I would also strongly advise people not to just rush out and get The Next New Thing without really knowing what they're getting into.

For example, the way Get To Work was generally marketed, I got the mistaken notion that aliens were directly related to the Scientist career, but it didn't occur to me that they'd be far more pervasive than that, with or without a sim in the Scientist career. Still, when I got the pack at first I shrugged and decided it was fine to have aliens everywhere, and that maybe they'd be fun. Boy was I wrong, though, and I now ban most of them from most of my saves (via modding). They turned out to be excruciatingly annoying to me in a variety of ways, but the one thing that made me ban them was the filter used to create their voices. It makes my ears and head hurt, and I do mean quite literally. Even if they had been more fun they wouldn't have been worth that kind of pain.

But at the end of the day, the fault is still at least partially on me because I could have researched the pack more thoroughly and didn't.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2021
    Werewolves
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think werewolves are "easier" coding wise, as there's less variation in folklore (level of transformation, cause of transformation, weaknesses) than there are for Fairies.

That and I'm going to find Fairies lacking. Because what I want (like with spellcasters) isn't possible within a Game Pack budget, and they're not going to dedicate a whole EP to True Fae type Faerie.

I honestly think its just ideas and lore that people are missing from werewolves, because I think the opposite, I don't see how much more they could bring up with fairies that would be an interest and bringing something new to the game... wings, gardening magics? lol Or what magical thing could they do different than spellcasters to be very interesting, not that they are out of interests, but I don't see it as defined and fun than werewolves. Its probably because I did no researches on fairies lore but I am uninterested in those for now and wish werewolves come first.

With werewolves we would get something darker, which we never get in the sims, the return of the moon cycle, bodyhair, right there already two base game updates possibility... so yeah, just for this, its already so much more. Also, there could be a very interesting 3 forms occults, for the first time, human/werewolf/full wolf forms. Also, themed that havent been explored yet, like hunting, and pack leading, territory wars, having to defend and conquer territories/neighborhood. Curring werewolves, with a special silver tools etc... werewolves human hunt, or the possibilities for human to hunt werewolves. They would also have a special diet, making them very interesting to play, like the vampires. All the perks on a tree skills, would also bring more controls whenever your sims is into is werewolves forms and special perks into battle.

We could have so many new interesting worlds, like and old town in France, where the werewolves lore was quite present back in the day, or out of the box, a village in the Canadian tundra, up north, with a very native american themed, Inuits, with polar bears as a lot challenges, where only werewolves/courageous sims (fearless trait) would be able to push back, fight and or perhaps befriend. Ice fishing to get your werewolves their diet fullfilled, or hunting wild animals (perhaps a rabbitholes) or direct on artic wild rabbits! Aurore borealis, open white, snowy spaces, and iced seas, icebergs... I mean I would die for a themed like this even though it would be without werewolves, but I think they could be included in such world. And you would find silver through a mine, where there would be a conflict with native vs contractors from the outside world, coming for the mine... I mean, can I invade Maxis studios and explain them my idea, cause I think it would be a perfect way to bring native american to this game, plus an artic world, and so many more things. A real treath (polar bear) optional of course, through the lot challenges.

Also, skidoo, anyone? lol that would be crazy cool.
    Post edited by Franko30 on
    Werewolves
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oh man can we not associate werewolves and vampires with Twilight 🤢

I freaking hate twilight

As fantasy loving kid I once made mistake of telling the Twilight cult that I think its dumb when they asked what I think of it and they decided that warrants 5 years of school bullying p_p

I feel you, I don't like Twilight, even though it was for my generation, I always felt it was so bad, so teenagers truggles, and not making justice to those occults... Not interested in it at all, and I hope they dont go for this themed with werewolves, but I would not mind a native american themed world associated with werewolves, like in one of my comment here. Im not gonna describe the hole thing again, but an canadian artic world with Inuits would be great for werewolves and out of the box.
    Werewolves
    Movotti wrote: »
    Vampires need pets friends to pay fetch with

tumblr_o16jk0Q9mu1v2n804o6_1280.jpg

And keep well behaved...
    tumblr_o16jk0Q9mu1v2n804o7_1280.jpg

werewolves-not-swearwolves-what-we-do-in-the-shadows.gif

Lol I hope they dont do that though, it so pointless, uninteresting and shameful for werewolves, there are so much more to do with them than the sims 3 did. It was so stupid how they made werewolves, so bad, but I think the sims 4 can make them much better.
    edited December 2021
    Werewolves

That seems a bit wasteful, to eat the heart only.

You know that most alpha predator will hunt or steal an animal, eat the heart and liver and leave the rest for other animals right? Because the heart and liver are the most nutritious part of an animals, better than just meat, and full of iron and proteins, cholines etc... all of what you need to survive and make your body strong and energic. Animals dont know that, but they feel it and sniff it as well. Its experiences and instinct.

Grizzly Bears do that when they steal a fresh carcass from wolves, because they dont have time to spend on eating everything, they takes whats best (heart and livers) and leave the rest to the wolves waiting patiently.

Also Grizzly bears will catch salmons, open them, eat their eggs and leave the fresh meat to be eaten by other animals... because the eggs are the best they can find, so it goes into the same optic here.
    Werewolves
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    I vote for other occult, to be specific: Centaur, half human, half horse. Lately have crazy idea of Cowboy-centaur lives on the frontier living.

Yeah honestly I though about it and it would be awsome if it comes with horses... like what a crazy idea. I mean I still want my werewolves first, but I would not mind having centaure second, and before fairies...