Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Xspac3diamondxXspac3diamondx Posts: 1 New Member
    Random sims constantly joining your conversations
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    My sims arguing about silly things, when they go meet their friends they often fight or argue, end up stomping off and going back home, which makes them look awkward oops, their own fault not taking time out hahha imagine what their going to be like when the baby is born? oops haha
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Not being able to play dollhouse with my sim kids or toddlers
    Not being able to cook or open presents with any sim household members
    My plants reverting to just planted
    My bugs disappearing from my insect home
    My honey disappearing from my bed box
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Why are shisha waterpipes bubble-blowers SO HUGE. I scaled one down using the [ key while placing, and it remains useable. But now it looks like Ty (L) is responding to Cade's conversation with a very rude gesture! :D

ykj9MRD.png

Just this in general, why are all the objects giant? It makes it really hard to place things in a house without it looking out of place. :-/ Some things I understand being giant, like the rocket and the observatory, because they're meant to be big. But why can't we have regular-sized objects? Why are coffee tables just scaled-down dining tables? They take up way too much space, where is the telescope for small properties that don't have that much in the way of yard space? Why are cauldrons the size of hot tubs? Just so many needlessly large objects for a game that offers very little lot space.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The T-Posing doctor in the hospital when my sims are giving birth. It's been this way since Cottage Living.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Not really trivial, but something that really annoys me is never being able to have a family meal since they nerfed eating and sims finish before others have even had time to sit down.
  • ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    The fact that the recipes don't use ingredients, such as Italian Meatballs only using Parsley even though we got Wrapped Red Meat in the Cottage Living expansion
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,060 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have a serial killer storyline going on in one of my saves and believe it or not this Sim wouldn't die in a fire in a room full of fireworks. Every time his 'killer' set off a box of fireworks off inside, his victim would catch on fire and glitch out of it instead. Two sim days later i ended up killing him off with MCCC via the kill option.
    Apricus wrote: »
    When your trying to keep your toddler from starving to death, so you put it in the high chair to feed them. Immediately after, the sim removes the child from the high chair.

This toddler thing drives me up the effing wall, especially when you're already trying to feed them. They don't have a "wait to be fed" queue timer or at least a very long one, which means their AI doesn't recognise that they're about to get fed. So instead of patiently waiting in the highchair as they did in TS3, they'll call for another household member or in the case of a single-parent household, the adult taking care of them to "pick them up" and feed them. This forces the adult/teen sim to drop whatever they're doing and results in an interesting loop of the toddler in question being placed and removed from the highchair, often by more than one member of the household. All the while the game scolds you with "X is just a helpless toddler, they can't fend for themselves, feed them quickly or they might get taken away!" pop-up message. Like no kidding game, what the heck do you think I'm trying to do? Lol.

Anyway, like sure the easiest solution is to just prepare a group meal and have the toddler pick a serving for themselves, but it renders the highchair completely useless. Like why add it as an option if the toddler's AI is going to freak out every time you try to feed them inside it? This game is just such a mess, I'm surprised it even functions half of the time.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I hate not having the option to turn off interactions with other worlds than the one you live in. Yes, it's great to be able to travel to other worlds or be invited to places in other worlds if you don't want to be tied down, but if you're living somewhere like Sulani or Mt Komorebi, it kind of immersion breaking when another sim invites you to go to the park in Newcrest. Also if you're a detective living in Newcrest and you get sent to Sulani on a job, lol.

THIS! I'm currently playing in Mt Komorebi and my sims child and Teen is meeting, Lucas Munch, Oliva Spencer-Kim, Wolfgang Munch, Malcolm Laandgrab etc, it's very immersion breaking. Ditto for Henford on Bagley, my sims are just meeting everyone from every world. NPC walk-by's I can kind of handwave away as they're on holiday or something.
    Really makes me miss the closed-off worlds from TS3, everything was self-contained within those worlds.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited November 2021
    The chance card that I get when my kid is at school where a teacher is calling me and saying that they saw my kid sitting on the toilet and eating a sandwich.

Not once, did the person who wrote that consider how weird that sounds. Why are you watching my kid in the bathroom?
    Post edited by logion on
    logion wrote: »
    The chance card that I get when my kid is at school which says that they saw my kid sitting on the toilet and eating a sandwich.

No once, did the person who wrote that consider how weird that sounds. Why are you watching my kid in the bathroom?

Not to mention how they were found in the first place? Like is it an American thing where the teachers stand outside the toilet and wait for the kid or something??
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I know it's part of City Living to have noisy neighbors, and I know it's part of it when neighbors pound on my door for making the slightest noise, but when they pound on my door to complain while their own apartment is a rocking?! What the hll?!

Another complaint, unable to vary swimming pool depths. They look more like scuba diving tanks.
    The cake is a lie
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    That the didn't update aliens to have a link with disguise or copy to disguise function in CAS, like vampires do with their dark forms. Sometimes I want my aliens 2 forms to look totally different & sometimes I don't (just like with vampires) and after all this time there's still no option for it :/
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > That constant head-thrown-back air sniffing they do with the BTD kit. It drives me nuts.

This takes up soo much time! Honestly they need to stop..
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    j_nelly wrote: »
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > That constant head-thrown-back air sniffing they do with the BTD kit. It drives me nuts.

This takes up soo much time! Honestly they need to stop..

Omg, yes. It's a choice of using a mod to stop it or rendering the kit a waste of money by turning off the dust. Either way is very annoying.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Not being able to dance to jazz or classical music. I would be fine with even using the same animations, but I want my Sims to dance!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @Nh6650 said:
    > I don't like it when you see that plants on community lots especially the spice festival are ready to be evolved, but my sims cant evolve them. Then why show that option if sims are not supposed to evolve them?.

I know this post is a few days old, but when I saw the plants sparkling like plants that are ready to evolve, I had the same reaction. Then I wondered if maybe they're just using the same effect on "wild" plants or plants like at the spice festival that Sims can interact with and maybe harvest. They may not be evolvable, but they might be plants in need of care or ready for harvest? I don't know that this is the case, but it was the best "reasonable" explanation I could come up with.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    > @Nh6650 said:
    > I don't like it when you see that plants on community lots especially the spice festival are ready to be evolved, but my sims cant evolve them. Then why show that option if sims are not supposed to evolve them?.

I know this post is a few days old, but when I saw the plants sparkling like plants that are ready to evolve, I had the same reaction. Then I wondered if maybe they're just using the same effect on "wild" plants or plants like at the spice festival that Sims can interact with and maybe harvest. They may not be evolvable, but they might be plants in need of care or ready for harvest? I don't know that this is the case, but it was the best "reasonable" explanation I could come up with.

I think you're right about that. I don't think wild plants or off home lot plants are evolveable (that's a new word I just made up).

Btw, a few days isn't necroposting, so you don't have to worry about that. Welcome to the forum, I gave you an awesome to help you on your way to full member.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > I think you're right about that. I don't think wild plants or off home lot plants are evolveable (that's a new word I just made up).
    >
    > Btw, a few days isn't necroposting, so you don't have to worry about that. Welcome to the forum, I gave you an awesome to help you on your way to full member.

Thanks!!
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,300 EA Community Manager
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    > @Nh6650 said:

Welcome! No need to worry about Necroposting in this instance, typically I define Necroposting as bumping a thread that's been inactive for a year+.

There is also a FAQ here on how to avoid doing it.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    The fact that sims don't wait for meals when another member in the household is cooking, they'll always try to grab leftovers or quick meals unless I intervene and stop them from getting upset over a "subpar" meal. XO

Also that sims getting strong sad moodltes for not celebrating a holiday, especially a major one like Winterfest or Love day. Festering grudges over the silliest things as well, Todderls getting mad and holding a festering grudge all the way until adult hood for one thing that was done when they were small. EG: Had a toddler sim refuse to learn flashcards (basic needs IIRC) and he held onto that resent meant until he was an adult. resented his mother because he wanted to keep messing in nappies instead of learning how to to be toilet trained.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    unable to get sims dancing together when on a date . They nearly always dance miles away from each other and facing the opposite way
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    “Good sims don’t want to coffin woohoo!”

7EbQoq9.jpg
    ZjzmtTb.jpg