Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Recognising Bins and Other Issues

So, I’m having this issue at the moment where the game won’t recognise that a bin (kitchen and outdoor) has been placed on the lot. So when you want to throw out that awful welcome wagon fruit cake it’s greyed out and says you need a bin on the lot to do this.

I also have an issue with tables and counters where even if there is more than enough room (I’ve a tile-width) a sim won’t walk past them and will do the “route blocked” animation of mildly irritated waving and shrugging.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    So, I’m having this issue at the moment where the game won’t recognise that a bin (kitchen and outdoor) has been placed on the lot. So when you want to throw out that awful welcome wagon fruit cake it’s greyed out and says you need a bin on the lot to do this.

I also have an issue with tables and counters where even if there is more than enough room (I’ve a tile-width) a sim won’t walk past them and will do the “route blocked” animation of mildly irritated waving and shrugging.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this?

I'm sorry you're having troubles. My Sims just plow right through the counter, wall, open door (the actual door, not the doorway). I'm uncertain which problem is worse? I do hope you get it straightened out. Have you tried exiting your game and deleting the localthumbcache.package? Or do a game repair.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited November 2021
    This happens when another sim has a queued up action for the bin. Canceling the other action or waiting a few minutes for the other sim's action to complete will do the trick.

But sometimes it seems a bin will go permanently out of service. Even when leaving and then returning to the lot. When that happens, I usually just sledgehammer the bin and replace it.

With the tables and counters, have you taken into account hanging items like the pot rack, oven hood etc? Or something on the floor like a pet toy or seed packet left over from Harvestfest? It's a little silly sometimes what they can and can't step over.
  • Options
    This happens when another sim has a queued up action for the bin. Canceling the other action or waiting a few minutes for the other sim's action to complete will do the trick.

But sometimes it seems a bin will go permanently out of service. Even when leaving and then returning to the lot. When that happens, I usually just sledgehammer the bin and replace it.

With the tables and counters, have you taken into account hanging items like the pot rack, oven hood etc? Or something on the floor like a pet toy or seed packet left over from Harvestfest? It's a little silly sometimes what they can and can't step over.

Hey I’m only playing the one sim at the time of noticing this and there was no action queued up for the bin. As soon as I placed it it was out of action (not using bb.moveobjects either). Sledging the bin and replacing it didn’t work either it’s just not recognised at all.

As for the counters no items near or under and there is more than 2 tiles space for the sim to move past the counter. Tried it with literally just the countertops (no stove, hood, cupboards, etc.). It’s super weird and once it happens it doesn’t fix itself. I will try on different lots with different layouts and house sizes to see if this is a persistent issue.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Hm sorry that didn't help @StrawberryNightmare . Let us know if you figure it out!