Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Audio stuttering/repeating temp fix for me

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
I didn’t have this issue before the last patch I have updated all my drivers so no issues there
I’ve looked around but not much help
If anyone can help I would be great full I’m not good with computers especially windows 10

Thanks for anyones help

I don’t have any mods or CC

Happy simming
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses yet. Hopefully someone will come along soon with some suggestions.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I had this a couple of days ago. I exited the game, deleted my localthumbcache file and restarted and it seemed to help.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Audio as in the music?
    Sometimes you have to go to your origin settings and make sure "origin in game" is turned off. That's usually the issue with repeating music. If that's not it I'm not sure 😅
    Maybe a game repair would help
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I had an intermittent problem with loading screen or CAS music continuing to play in game. I just turned it off in settings since I like to have my own music on while I play anyway. Otherwise, no problems with in game sounds.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2021
    Sorry should have made it clear it’s the music and repeating words stutters all the time like on a loop very distracting I have done repair game and deleted localthumbcache Still nothing so hoping someone has a solution
    Thanks and happy simming
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Try deleting the options.ini file in your documents/sims4 folder, this will reset your game settings.

Try switching speakers, for example connect a headset and see if the problem is still there.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Try deleting the options.ini file in your documents/sims4 folder, this will reset your game settings.

Try switching speakers, for example connect a headset and see if the problem is still there.

Tried deleting the options file didn’t work
    All I had was a set of headphones but I found an old set of speakers really old ten years or more old
    And they worked 😱

They will have to do for now till I can get a new set of headphones and hope they work
    Thank you
    logion

Happy simming everyone
    edited November 2021
    logion wrote: »

Tried deleting the options file didn’t work
    All I had was a set of headphones but I found an old set of speakers really old ten years or more old
    And they worked 😱

They will have to do for now till I can get a new set of headphones and hope they work
    Thank you
    logion

Happy simming everyone

Happy to help.

When you are connecting a pair of speakers or when you are connecting a headset you are usually switching the audio source which can help with programs having audio problems. If you are still having problems with audio stuttering you could also try and update your audio drivers.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Awesome! And kudos to @logion for coming up with the solution. 👍🏼
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I've been having this issue since the Cottage Living update or around then. Kinda just got used to it as it does not happen too often. Then again my save file is very large and predominantly where I experience the stuttering audio. Other smaller saves are just fine.

Glad you found a solution that works for you. I've seen before that lowering the sound quality of the game worked for some. Not me though.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    edited November 2021
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I've been having this issue since the Cottage Living update or around then. Kinda just got used to it as it does not happen too often. Then again my save file is very large and predominantly where I experience the stuttering audio. Other smaller saves are just fine.

Glad you found a solution that works for you. I've seen before that lowering the sound quality of the game worked for some. Not me though.

That's probably your computer. You either don't have enough RAM to run a large save file or it could be your CPU that's overloaded.

Some people have said that Cottage Living is more demanding on their computers too, so it could be your GPU. But most likely not.