Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking about Getting Famous...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    The one thing bugging me the most is he celebrities showing up in all other worlds. Without celebrity disguise or body guards. Makes no sense.

In general this buggs me the most, npcs going wherever my sim is going. Stay in your world Tina Tinker! You don’t travel from evergreen harbor to windenburg at midnight cause my shower is broken. Just no!

I have a quick question, what is celebrity disguise? Ive been playing get famous quite a bit recently and I don't know what that is, but it sounds cool haha.

As @WildIrishBanshee said, just click on a mirror at rank 3 celebrity or higher to get the option to put on the disguise. It's not really much of one (just some shades and a baseball cap), but clearly it's a Sims version of the Clark Kent effect, and it fools everyone into thinking even a Global Superstar is just another nobody. :lol: It can be used to entertaining effect sometimes. One of my favorite ways to use it is to go to a public venue in disguise, chat up a few people like a normal person would do, then head to the bathroom to take off the disguise. When the famous sim comes back to the others, they're all like OMG IT'S YOOUUUU. :astonished::flushed::love:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited October 2021
    I got Get Famous recently and it's taking some getting used to. It is definitely fun when you have a character who's trying to become famous. It's more unwieldy when you're playing everyday sims. Yes, your own sims can choose to stay out of the spotlight, but every time you go out somewhere, the lot you go to is plagued with celebrities and people making hoopla over the celebrities. The celebrity appearances are so frequent that they're just a nuisance instead of the rare exciting event that they should be. (Except the pub in Henford-on-Bagley for some reason.)

I tend to play longer-running saves, so my hope is that in due time the premade crop of celebs will die out, and I'll have the ability to keep the celeb population to a smaller number as time goes on.

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2021
    What do you think about the world of Del Sol Valley itself? Are there some characters who are "must have" personalities in your Simworlds? Those things can make or break an expansion pack to me. (I'd buy a pack set in the Nordic countries simply for the scenery.)

To me, a new world with vacant houses and good community lots always great. The premade sims in Del Sol Valley are not that bad.

One premade sim in Del Sol Valley is Judith Ward who is said to be a legend in the acting community. Unfortunately, she lacks a lot of skill points for fullfilling the present demands, meaning she might need to shape up. :)

Venessa Jeong lives alone, too. I added another male sim to that household.

In my Simworlds, Angela Pleasant, among others, lives next door to the house where Venessa Jeong lived until she died from old ages.
    Among other personalities in Del Sol Valley in my Simworld, a wild rabbit is seen hopping around in the park. :)

Edit II: I made a few changes to Upland Place as well as the other lots in Del Sol Valley.

15_10_12.png

Venessa ended in the kitchen where her urn is found on a lower shelf next to the kitchen desks.

15_10_11.png

So the famous Octovia Moon visited the restaurant also visited the sims I played at that moment. Who cared?

15_10_13.png

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    There are definitely some aspects of the fame/celebrity system that can get annoying, and I'll admit I sometimes use mods to mitigate them, so they're a bit less disruptive while not disabling it entirely. Personally, I usually find the paparazzi and celebrity appearance mostly manageable, tho it can still get on my nerves from time to time.

Putting that aside, I DO like the acting career quite a lot, even if I do have come critiques of it. I find it fun to play, and last I checked most of the early bugs it had have been fixed by this point. I also like stuff like the video recording station, drones that can record videos or stream, and the record mixer, which go pretty great character wise with the social media career from City Living. There's also the award show that's held every week, as well as casual talent shows, and I find those fun to attend with sims that seems fitting for. My main complaints with the gameplay is that the acting career "musical theater" jobs and performances aren't integrated at all with the dance skill, or the actual singing skill from CL, and that the celebrities appear in the world too often thus making the "celebrity meet and greets" seem rather silly (I believe it even describes them as 'a celebrity is making a rare appearance" and it like, lol, no the are not I see them at the gym all the time. But I actually use a mod for that, which helps some) but overall those are fairly minor annoyances.

Del Sol Valley...is the weakest part of the pack, imo. Far too few lots, no fishing spots even tho you can see the ocean right there, and just not much character overall, sadly. The "Starwalk Boulevard" is kind of nice, but it's just not enough to really feel vibrant, and with the limited lots most of my celebrities end up living in other worlds like San Myshuno or Sulani.

Overall, I like the pack and I'm glad I have it, but I'm also glad I bought in on sale, so my best advice is maybe wait till the price is reduced to snatch it up. That's just my opinion, definitely see what others have to say, and of course take into account what your own playstyle is and what you think you'll enjoy. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Let me explain. It's really good if you have global super star in your family, otherwise your infamous sims can be stuck on PreMade celebrity sims and they won't listen to your command. Whenever your infamous sims get stuck on other celebrity sims, you need to use 'reset object, otherwise they will keep watching or taking pics of celebrity sims.

I have currently 4 global superstar sims. Wherever they go, there are always fans for my sims. I usually don't live in Del Sol Valley. There is a 64 64 celebrity home lot, it has a camera bump bug there. Waad and Thorne Bailey owns the good lots but I feel sorry for stealing their house.

I played the 64x64 lot frequently and never noticed the jump bug. But I did rebuilt the house. Maybe you could demolish as much as possible there and build a new without that bug?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Let me explain. It's really good if you have global super star in your family, otherwise your infamous sims can be stuck on PreMade celebrity sims and they won't listen to your command. Whenever your infamous sims get stuck on other celebrity sims, you need to use 'reset object, otherwise they will keep watching or taking pics of celebrity sims.

I have currently 4 global superstar sims. Wherever they go, there are always fans for my sims. I usually don't live in Del Sol Valley. There is a 64 64 celebrity home lot, it has a camera bump bug there. Waad and Thorne Bailey owns the good lots but I feel sorry for stealing their house.

I played the 64x64 lot frequently and never noticed the jump bug. But I did rebuilt the house. Maybe you could demolish as much as possible there and build a new without that bug?
    Agreed, I’ve played that location with a replacement lot and had no trouble with camera movements.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I truly believe Get Famous is an incredibly underrated pack largely because of the small world it comes with, but in all honesty this pack is great and has so many different uses beyond simply playing as a celebrity.

I like to use the fame system less as a fame system and more as a hierarchy system. I tend to give many sims (where appropriate) a 1 to 2 star fame level to make them stand out from the rest and to imply that these sims have a level of recognition and influence that others don't, ultimately adding an extra layer of depth and realism amongst my worlds as sims are no longer equals, and social opportunities with various sims are now restricted. (Sticking to a 1 and 2 star level avoids the overwhelming fans and paparazzi that show up at times.)

The reputation system also adds a nice layer of depth to my sims personal and social lives, I really enjoy seeing sims around the worlds react to one another appropriately based on there good or bad behaviour, and also makes meeting sims with various reputations more interesting. Some sims will be easier to befriend because of their good reputations, while others much more difficult because of their bad reputations.

I also like to combine the fame and club system to make exclusive community locations only available to 'elite' sims, so your ultra famous sims can visit community locations in peace without being pestered by fans and paparazzi.

There are so many ways to use this pack beyond just playing it and that's ultimately why Get Famous is one of my favourite packs. It has the potential to really expand the game if you choose to use the systems it has available to their fullest.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    In my opinion Get Famous is a great pack. As people above said it’s so much more than just pack with fame and celebrities. The reputation system gives meaning to Sims behavior. If Sim acts bad, gets into fight it doesn’t go unnoticed anymore and vice versa being good is rewarded. I had a sim that gained such terrible reputation all of his new relationships started always in red. It’s challenging and also nice for storytelling.

I absolutely love how Get Famous expands upon social media influencer. Sim can stay at home and just make videos using drone or video station and earn money that way.
    As for characters Judith Ward is absolutely iconic. This type of silver screen super star that got some bad experience in the past which changed her into mean and snobbish person.

About Del Sol Valley I can say that visually it’s a great world but it’s suffers from uneven numbers of lots. For example Starlight Boulevard, which is clubbing and event center, has a lot of lots but the neighborhood where starters should be has only 3. One is occupied by townie, other is a starter home but both are 40x30 and one is 50 size lot. A little too big for standard house. And we have this upscale neighborhood that probably should also have one more vacant lot except for the mammoth 64x64. But overall I enjoy playing there as it really has the LA vibe or at least what I imagine about LA. My ordinary sims also use this world, for example now I have a thief sim living there with his wife and kids and he built his house from stolen items he sold. This family fits right in there so definitely not only for celebs.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    The one thing bugging me the most is he celebrities showing up in all other worlds. Without celebrity disguise or body guards. Makes no sense.

In general this buggs me the most, npcs going wherever my sim is going. Stay in your world Tina Tinker! You don’t travel from evergreen harbor to windenburg at midnight cause my shower is broken. Just no!

I have a quick question, what is celebrity disguise? Ive been playing get famous quite a bit recently and I don't know what that is, but it sounds cool haha.

They turn it on in a mirror to avoid detection. I don't use them, but you have to be a certain level of fame, B-Lister maybe? Just click on a mirror to find it.

I used it only once. Erik's then girlfriend made fun of him, and his fans could tell it was him anyway. LOL "You may have those baby blues hidden behind those dark glasses, but since you wear glasses anyway, did you really think I couldn't tell it was you?"
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @MoonlightGraham if you're intersted, & don't already know, I heard there'll be a free trial of Get Famous starting this Thursday (10/28).
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Starfree I wasn't aware of that, so thank you for letting me know!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It’s probably my fourth favorite expansion.

With Reputations and Fame leveling it’s pretty neat
    I just wish you could be known for more things and Sims could interact more uniquely with what it is your sim is famous for. Like i wish my spell caster could build his reputation on his magic, whether it be great with potions/hexes Sims would come from all over to see him for a spell.

I wish you could be a savage villain. I got some mods that allow Sims to have more social interaction based on their traits, so evil and good Sims, for example have “good” and “evil” social interactions and can really engage in arguments.

Paparazzi was my major annoyance, While it was fun to have my spell caster body guard use his powers on them to keep them away, eventually I had to mod it out.

The perk system I tend to stay away from though, unfortunately it’s a linear Branch-tier system.
    I wish it wasn’t. But what ever I guess.
    A lot of the perks are kind of garbage but there are some good ones, again I just wish I didn’t have to purchase the pointless one to get to the next tier.

Love Del Sol Valley, it’s basically Hollywood, I wish it had more “Hollywood” vibes too it. But it’s cool.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2021
    "Uhm... Venessa..."
    11-28-18_10-14-42nbspAM.png

"Yeah?"
    11-28-18_10-13-59nbspAM.png

"A little too close, ya think?"
    11-28-18_10-13-46nbspAM.png

"Nah, we're close friends."
    11-28-18_10-15-03nbspAM.png

"Heh."
    11-28-18_10-15-19nbspAM.png

A coincidental positioning of my sims when I loaded the lot, but funny (or creepy) and made me like Vanessa all the more. :D
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I've decided to give Get Famous a try. I'm not sure if I'll have any of my Sims attempt to Get Famous themselves, but I like the Reputation system quite a bit. I'm looking forward to adding Reputations to some of my home-made Sims, whom I've always envisioned as being naughty or nice.

I was concerned about Sims fawning over celebrities to a ridiculous extent, but after seeing it for myself, it's not too bad. I laughed the first time I saw two young Sim women squealing when Dustin Broke appeared at a lounge. Because I have a mod that keeps most Sims in their home worlds most of the time, the celebrities don't seem to traipse into Willow Creek or Brindleton Bay and cause every Sim in the world to stop what they're doing and adore them. And when I send a Sim to Del Sol Valley, I'm actually hoping they'll interact with celebrities and soak up some of that vibe.

I'm not sure if Judith Ward could tell that the Sim I was playing was a young, unattached man, but she turned on the charm when he approached her at a Meet a Celebrity event. I was surprised she'd talk to him, since he was completely devoid of Fame. ;)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I’ve never been a fan of the celebrity system; only used it once in Sims 3 when I was playing a challenge. But I’ve been giving GF a try during the trial. Not impressed with the acting career so far - there’s not enough of it and the auditions and actual gigs are too spread out for my liking. The media production thing isn’t too bad but when you study the trends then make a video, most of the stuff that’s trending isn’t available to make! But I think my sim is up to 700 followers, so that’s not bad.

Darcy is currently only a 1-star celebrity, almost at 2, and has a Pristine Reputation. Which is really quite surprising because in conjunction with the Master Actress aspiration, she’s been doing Serial Romantic. She has three boyfriends and so far, children with two of them: Skylar (J Huntington III), and twins Sunny and Star (Thorne Bailey). Seducing Thorne took a lot of work but now they have the highest relationship out of all the boyfriends 🤣. And watching Thorne ignore Darcy at the awards ceremony but secretly send her longing glances, while his wife remained oblivious, was funny!

The CAS/BB is good and if I ever did get the pack, it would be for that; the gameplay isn’t something I’d see myself using during regular saves. But it’s fun for a weekend.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @MayaRose1138 I think you get negative reputation from mean actions, not from being "extra nice" to many people 😀 Also the nice or mean actions have to take place in front of a third party or in public in order to affect reputation.
  • Options
    ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    I have little to add to what has already been said other than I'm a fan of Vanessa.
    Mostly because in every single save something terrible happens to her and as I result I ended up feeling sorry for her.
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I love that you are able to live in these huge celebrity mansions in Get Famous. However, I feel the world is rather small and incomplete. Only three playable households. Despite the world being small, I still enjoyed working my way up the fame system.