Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do when bored in Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I usually read through the challenges, maybe even attempt one. I usually don't follow through but they sometimes spark an idea. If that doesn't work, I usually end up watching YouTube and working a puzzle.

Currently, I'm making it a mission to rotate between the premades. I've never played more than a couple households before I got bored, so we'll see. I'm on my second household (Spencer-Kim-Lewis), who knows how long it will last? I'm so envious of people who have played the same save for years or the ones that have made it through many generations and still enjoy the save. That is my goal.

I also fell down the CC rabbit hole...sort of. I only downloaded one default skin and one set of default eyes. It made a world of difference...for now.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    I usually read through the challenges, maybe even attempt one. I usually don't follow through but they sometimes spark an idea. If that doesn't work, I usually end up watching YouTube and working a puzzle.

Currently, I'm making it a mission to rotate between the premades. I've never played more than a couple households before I got bored, so we'll see. I'm on my second household (Spencer-Kim-Lewis), who knows how long it will last? I'm so envious of people who have played the same save for years or the ones that have made it through many generations and still enjoy the save. That is my goal.

I also fell down the CC rabbit hole...sort of. I only downloaded one default skin and one set of default eyes. It made a world of difference...for now.

How are you finding it playing with the premades? Do you give them makeovers? I'm curious because I've also never ever played the premades because I feel like I've seen them so much they've become super boring and I usually start new savefiles switching them out with sims from the gallery :#
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I have to be honest. I haven't played in months. Not since the Star Wars pack came out. After playing all the iterations of the game, and trying out all (well, most) of the careers, and playing a variety of sims, it all feels like repetition at this point. The game needs something more, but I have no idea what that might be.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    I have to be honest. I haven't played in months. Not since the Star Wars pack came out. After playing all the iterations of the game, and trying out all (well, most) of the careers, and playing a variety of sims, it all feels like repetition at this point. The game needs something more, but I have no idea what that might be.

I agree! Even with new packs, sometimes I'm only entertained for an hour or two before it feels like before, even if I haven't tried everything in the new pack. Do you play with mods?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    @Jokr1929 wrote: »
    How are you finding it playing with the premades? Do you give them makeovers? I'm curious because I've also never ever played the premades because I feel like I've seen them so much they've become super boring and I usually start new savefiles switching them out with sims from the gallery :#

So far, I'm enjoying it. I'm on my second household in my first rotation. I literally just started playing them a few days ago.

I did give them makeovers. I had been working on their makeovers over the past few years when the mood would strike me.

Instead of starting a new game, I moved them all into my unpopulated save. So it's EA's sims and my builds. I also added a few households from Maxis' Gallery, mostly TS2 remakes (Beakers, Smith, Specters, Pleasants). I deleted TS4's Lilith and Angela Pleasant.

Again, I'm not sure how far I'll make it but I'm enjoying it for now.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    To be honest, I take a lot of breaks from the game. I play other things, do other activities and just decompress from Sims in general. I know its time to come back and play when I find myself thinking about how I could build, in game, a certain building I've seen IRL or I'll think, "Wow, that person is beautiful. I wonder if I can make them into a sim" :P

Also, I do a lot of challenges and nearly always create "head cannon" for each family I create so that they have a whole back story and life outside of what I'm playing on screen. It helps me stay engaged and also makes my little pixel people a little more interesting to me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like to switch to a new Sim family or play another game.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have gotten bored with Sims 4. What I do is I go watch TV sometimes I start watching a show that I never watched before like this year it was Gilmore Girls. I've since found them in the gallery and added them to my library.

I would play the other games that I have for my PC but since I have a newer gaming PC that has no disk drive it's kind of hard to do and I'm yet to actually go out and buy one.
    Sometimes I'll play on my brother's PS4 or on his Switch when he's not home and other times I'll play a game that I have on Facebook. If I wanted to play older PC games I would have to turn on our old windows 8 PC that has been collecting dust for about three months, hope that it'll get past the load screen, and if it does, reinstall whatever I chose to play like sims 3. I would play sims 2 on there, but I think the graphics card was too weak for it so that's out.
    Then there's my other video game systems that I have too. Older PlayStation systems, older Nintendo systems and an original Xbox have all kept me entertained.
    To improve my gameplay I'll sometimes play sims that I found in the gallery that are based on my favorite books, TV shows, or movies, and sometimes add a character or maybe two to their household to make it a bit more focused on my own storyline idea, play them for a while then move on to another household. I tend to abandon these households when they become elders unless the household is full of vampires. But sometimes I'll split them up and continue on with the next generation at least until they're no longer that original surname.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    I like to ruin my Sims lives especially with the karma power mod for the Sims 3 then go play train simulator which gives me lots of ideas for houses since I drive past them
    Most of the houses I have built have been inspired by the houses from train simulator
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Jokr1929 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm wondering, how do you all cope with being bored in the Sims? How do you keep yourself entertained?

I think I mainly go for completing collections or getting new mods or CC
    -Just to clarify I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I'm stuck myself (^_^)

I just play another game or do something else (watch TV, read a book, etc.). I've been playing Sims since 2001 (the year after the franchise first launched), but I don't expect this or any other game to be the sole or even primary source of my entertainment.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    When I get bored with the game, I'll first do some cc shopping (now I have a rule where I delete a few items before adding something else, though) and hop into CAS to make some sims. I enjoy coming up with different styles and backstories for them, even if I never end up playing with them. If that doesn't work, I'll just take a break from the game and play animal crossing or stardew, or start a new playthrough of one of my favorite rpgs.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    When I get bored with the game, I'll first do some cc shopping (now I have a rule where I delete a few items before adding something else, though) and hop into CAS to make some sims. I enjoy coming up with different styles and backstories for them, even if I never end up playing with them. If that doesn't work, I'll just take a break from the game and play animal crossing or stardew, or start a new playthrough of one of my favorite rpgs.

I should do a CC scrub this week.
    I have been meaning to Nuke my Peacemaker CC and raid his collection all over again for new and updated stuff.

Also, my beautiful wood floors no longer sound like wood, but are making squishy sounds.
    Something changed in the game's audio file allocation.

When we got that plant kit, I started looking at my other content and realized just how wonderful some of it is.
    Why am I bothering with Kits? Well, CC glitches from patches, but so worth the issues.
    11-19-21_7-25-07_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-19-21_7-24-55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Create Sims with traits and aspirations you don't normally use. Build houses/community lots in different styles. Play another game... :*o:)
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    1. Play one of the Achievement Challenges
    2. Take a break on Sims 4 & play the old Sims 3
    3. Play Civilization VI & get inspired on how to make a sim in Sims 4 look like your favorite Ruler

Well, that's just what I like to do when I get bored with Sims 4. ;)
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    When i get bored it is either because this game consumes much of me (i get super excited with it, so i play for hours or days in a row) and i need a break or it's because the playstyle i'm playing is not for me. I think i must have tried dozens of different playstyles until i found what i like better... which, in my case, is playing my own take in challenges that appeal to me.
    In the worst case, and if you've tried everything else, maybe the game isn't doing it for you anymore...?

I exit the game and play Sid Meirs Civilization 6 as Shaka Zulu.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Play Sims 2 & 3.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    My game either becomes even sillier than usual or I stop playing, usually for months.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs