Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

im not much use on here

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Just post more and maybe add a lot of humor in your posts and people will start to notice you. You're still very new here and a lot of the regular users might not know you so much and I feel like usually we tend to interact with people we are more familiar with. So, it takes time. I'm sure you're not annoying people.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    why y'all being rude?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Ellierosex wrote: »
    why y'all being rude?

Nobody is being rude here :)
    Just trying to give you some helpful advises :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    why y'all being rude?

Who's being rude?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    why y'all being rude?

You’re confusing rude with a bit of friendly banter. 😉
    Don’t take anything personally. Indeed we’re all sharing a bit of forum advice with you and that’s all. At the end of the day you choose what to do with it. No one on here intended to be rude with you.
    And I’m just a grumpy ole captain. Grumpy ole captains always sound rude but they mean well.
    bluedanube wrote: »
    @Ellierosex
    hi,
    i feel like i am doing nothing but annoy threads with messages... sorry but i am trying to answer peoples questions, im having fun but i feel like im annoying you all... sorry...

Speaking for myself only, here's my opinion of you: you are new, you are inquisitive, you are trying to blend in. Long story short - you are learning the ropes, and you are trying to broaden your network on the forums to find new friends.

That's understandable. That's not annoying. You know what I find annoying?

1.) Complaining about E.A. over the most trivial matters,
    2.) Repeatedly opening up threads which are not thread-worthy at all,
    3.) Creating polls and asking people for their opinion but then shooting them down for their opinions.

And you haven't done any of the above. So, you are good. ;) 👍
    just i screw up.

No, you did not.
    why am i here

Because you're awesome!
    I like telling others about my stories, but I try not to make it boring, I tend to talk to friends ( sims friends ) I also find it calming talking about my sims.... I take every information i get seriously... but you guys are so popular I talked in a thread and everyone was ignoring me

I've been here four months. I have 263 likes and 427 awesomes at the time of writing this post. Do I fall under your category of Popular? Because I don't think I am very popular either. :D

Look - you are not alone in experiencing this. I am going to be honest - very early on when I was a younger member on this forum (I am still a very young member, to be sure :D) , I have also felt this way numerous times. I post a story, and someone posts beneath me and other members flock to them and tell them how cool their stories are and how intriguing their character developments are and I go: "Wow. These guys are all ignoring me.". Or else, I post a screenshot on one of the screenshot threads, I look at those posting beneath me and they got more reactions than I did. And I go, "Wow. These guys are giving the others more 'likes' and 'awesomes'."

Feels like clique mentality, though I have no evidence to suggest so. And at first, this used to really bother me. But over time, I become undetered. Because the more this happens, the more I become convinced of one thing:

"The attitudes of one group of people alone cannot possibly be generalizable to the entire community."

And the longer I stayed on the forum, the more this theory proves itself right.

I mean, take a look around. Look at this thread you started, Ell. Look at all the replies. You have a community of people who care about you and want to be your friend. So if I may give you some advice, start associating with these people who do and don't concern yourself over the forummers who are ignoring you. This is just a matter of tweaking your perception a little bit - do you think it's better worth your time caring about the people who actively ignore you and try to get them to like you? Or concentrate on the people who have demonstrated concern towards you?

There are guys here that do care about you. They don't think of you as irritating, they don't think of you as having not much of a use. This is the reality. And the replies on this thread are your proof.

Also...

I am not sure if you are aware of this - but you currently top the list of this week's leaders. Trust me, for someone who thinks she isn't much of a use on this forum, you are more of a use than you think. ;)

awww thanks :) your so nice
    why y'all being rude?

You’re confusing rude with a bit of friendly banter. 😉
    Don’t take anything personally. Indeed we’re all sharing a bit of forum advice with you and that’s all. At the end of the day you choose what to do with it. No one on here intended to be rude with you.
    And I’m just a grumpy ole captain. Grumpy ole captains always sound rude but they mean well.

ahh haha sorry I was the rude one, I'm sorry :)
    DeKay wrote: »
    why y'all being rude?

Who's being rude?

me lmao I was the one being rude oops
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    why y'all being rude?

ahh I know, I don't know why I typed that, honestly, I don't have a clue, I think I was annoyed at my sims more then anything because they can really annoy you! I hope your well, I am not rude so sorry - I hope your keep being awesome haha
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Hi @Ellierosex just wanted to say I've been enjoying your pics. Are you new to The Sims or have you played some of the earlier versions?
    Hi @Ellierosex just wanted to say I've been enjoying your pics. Are you new to The Sims or have you played some of the earlier versions?

played before but started playing again
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    edited November 2021
    It's always interesting to learn about a simmer's history with the game. Did you play Sims 2 or Sims 3? Or started with Sims 4?
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    why y'all being rude?

ahh I know, I don't know why I typed that, honestly, I don't have a clue, I think I was annoyed at my sims more then anything because they can really annoy you! I hope your well, I am not rude so sorry - I hope your keep being awesome haha

Sims can definitely be annoying, I hope they behave for you today. :smile:
    Yay! You just earned your 100 awesomes badge! 🎉
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Yay! Well done @Ellierosex you've completed one of your goals!
    And top of the activity leaderboard in your first week. I don't think I've ever seen that happen with a new member. 👍🏼
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but I appreciate everybody's input on this forum. Thank you so much for being a member of this community :)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Clip:

3.) Creating polls and asking people for their opinion but then shooting them down for their opinions.

You are now my new best friend. Get used to it.

• SirhirokiSirhiroki Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2021
    Aw sweetie don’t think too much about what other people are thinking! Just be you and enjoy being you because that’s what makes you special! Also as long as you aren’t harming anyone or purposely spamming the forum I don’t think anyone would really think such things of you!

You are great no matter what people think!—and if it’s important to you, it’s worth sharing!

Oh ALSO: Don’t think too much of making “important” posts. This is a forum for us to share our love for Sims. It’s made to have fun! So just try to have fun friend!
    And top of the activity leaderboard in your first week. I don't think I've ever seen that happen with a new member. 👍🏼

hey! ...
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    cyncie wrote: »
    Clip:

You are now my new best friend. Get used to it.

did you need to comment this here?
    Sirhiroki wrote: »
    Aw sweetie don’t think too much about what other people are thinking! Just be you and enjoy being you because that’s what makes you special! Also as long as you aren’t harming anyone or purposely spamming the forum I don’t think anyone would really think such things of you!

You are great no matter what people think!—and if it’s important to you, it’s worth sharing!

Oh ALSO: Don’t think too much of making “important” posts. This is a forum for us to share our love for Sims. It’s made to have fun! So just try to have fun friend!

thank you!!!
    Yay! Well done @Ellierosex you've completed one of your goals!

your my new friend on here your so nice :)
    Yay! You just earned your 100 awesomes badge! 🎉

sorry, me and my daughter were busy, my mum died and she was upset and so was I so I looked after her, hope your well?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    why y'all being rude?

Sims can definitely be annoying, I hope they behave for you today. :smile:

oh god yes, I went on yesterday for a second, she was sitting down god she annoys me! yes she's pregnant, her boyfriend blew the stove up haha, and costed me so much money, soo annoying!
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    edited November 2021
    It's always interesting to learn about a simmer's history with the game. Did you play Sims 2 or Sims 3? Or started with Sims 4?

hey! Sims 2, I didn't play it much, but I liked it, I used to play it when my daughter is at school, as I had time during breaks of helping people find their new house! I love sims 4, but at the moment my sims are annoying the heck outa me! haha
    Post edited by Ellierosex on
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    @Ellierosex so sorry to hear about your mom. She may no longer be here physically but she'll always be by your side.
    @Ellierosex so sorry to hear about your mom. She may no longer be here physically but she'll always be by your side.

I agree!
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Again I'm no use
    "Za Woka Geneva"