Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do when bored in Sims?

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I have several different game saves (I consider them all different universes). If I get bored with one sim, I'll check out my others who live in that save, or jump to another save/universe altogether. Sometimes I'll spend a while building or renovating. I might jump into some of the pre-mades and give them makeovers and/or cause a bit of mayhem.

Sometimes I'll ignore the game and read.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited November 2021
    I fire up a different game. Currently quit playing TS4 and battle for westnoth and got into animal crossing and Civ 5.

Sims 4's problem for me is the lack of things for my sims to do together as a family. Family/generational play is what I like and I don't do challenges or legacies. This version tends to be catered to that crowd and so it gets really boring for me.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited November 2021
    Close the game and never come back. 😅😅 That's what I did since you're asking. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • StellarSpaceCadetStellarSpaceCadet Posts: 18 Member
    Clean out my CC
    Take a break and try some new little games by some people on my discord group
    Practice modeling in blender
    Watch one of my favorite youtubers be a masochist
    Spend time with my family
    And more but this list would be too big.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    For me, the answer is always a new save. It's like starting again with a blank canvas. I also like to have a theme for each new save. For example, my latest save focuses around building
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I simply do something else. I can get myself into a good murder mystery book for hours in a row :) (as long as nobody spoils the "who did it")

Boredom can talk to my 🍑.
    Ya know, peaches are very sensitive fruits :p

I'm always gentle with the peaches :wink:
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    When I got bored with The Sims 4 (then discovered it won't run on this laptop for some reason), I went and restarted Sims 2. Now I am playing games on my 2 Nintendo Switches. I have taken a break from PC games altogether. I may go back to Sims 2
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just play the other favorite game franchise I own.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    If I get bored with my Sims, I will usually take a break from my game, and do something else.
    However, within the game, I may change a few things so I don't get super bored. For one, I may switch the dynamics of a family. Some of my Sims are the typical family, a father, mother, and their kids, with a few pets thrown in. Some families I have are a two sisters living together, or a sim that adopted a couple of kids. Or what I do is create the same families based on fandoms, and have them all interact. For example, I have an adult Harry Potter living in a world with a baby Harry, and a teen Harry, and the families interact.
    Another thing you can do is explore the packs you have, if you have Vampires, maybe play a Vampire for a bit. Or if you have Occults, you can make a household with a Vampire, Spell caster, Alien, and Mermaid living together.
    Another thing I do is sometimes look at the gallery, look up a series I like, and move those Sims into my worlds.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

Seriously, when I reach the end of my attention span for playing Sims, I tend to come to the forums and check for the following:

A new 'chapter' in the excellent story, "The Hall: A Story about a Haunted House" by Captain Peaches, who has apparently written himself into a corner because it has been AGES since an update.

New dragon references - because there is a point where passion becomes intoxicating

:D I am so easily entertained. :D

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Boredom? With Sims? Rarely happens for me. If I'm not playing it's for other reasons that keep me from playing it, not boredom. There's just SO much to do! I've been playing since the beginning and I still haven't played everything there is to play with TS2 or TS4! If I want to try something new, or need something different, I will;

1. Build! Love to build and decorate! Either just for myself or for a build challenge.
    2. Make a new Sim and try a new challenge
    3. Do a challenge I've already done, but make up different ways to play it without breaking the rules to make it even harder!
    4. Read the forums - Seriously! I've gotten SO many ideas just from reading threads here.
    5. Make a list of everything you haven't tried yet and try to do those things. I have a list called 'Git 'er Done' for just that reason.
    6. Enter a story-telling challenge. It's fun sometimes to be creative and try to make something up with a given guideline instead of coming up with something on your own.
    7. Enter a Sim in a modeling competition.
    8. If you like Graphic Design and photography, play around with that and make manips. Try to create movie posters, ads, book covers, etc.
    9. Speaking of photography, just look around all the worlds and find beautiful landscapes to take screenshots. Or just interesting ones that appeal to you. Get creative and zoom way in on a design and play with the filters until you get something interesting.
    10. Share your Sims with friends and use them in each other's games to make a story together.
    11. Enter a reality type show challenge such as the Legacy Bachelor/Bachelorette challenge and have fun watching how your Sim does in the challenge and cheer for your other favorites if your Sim gets eliminated.
    12. Try to collect every single thing collectible in the game!
    13. If you like to do it and can do it, download an interesting Mod or two. Spiced up my game in a BIG hurry doing that. hehe
    14. Make a Super Sim that is Level 10 in every single skill, has completed ALL the aspirations and even the careers if you're up for it. I have a few Sims like that I'm working on. One of them is very, very close to having all skills and working quickly toward all the aspirations too.
    15. Watch Let's Plays on YT! Again, I've gotten lots of ideas for gameplay just from doing that.

...and, well I could go on forever listing things I've done while playing this game. I just love it! <3
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Jokr1929 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm wondering, how do you all cope with being bored in the Sims? How do you keep yourself entertained?

I think I mainly go for completing collections or getting new mods or CC
    -Just to clarify I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I'm stuck myself (^_^)

Lol, I was waiting for you to respond with what packs you have so I could offer some suggestions. :D

I don't know if I ever get bored with the game. There are times when I don't want to play because I'd rather do something else but never out of boredom.
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    Ellierosex wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm wondering, how do you all cope with being bored in the Sims? How do you keep yourself entertained?

-Just to clarify I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I'm stuck myself (^_^)

Cope? Why cope with boredom when one can avoid it?

Me personally? I sense boredom from a mile off. Before it can hit me I’m already off, seeking new adventures!
    AAh…the world is full of beauty and mystery and wonderful wonders.
    Boredom can talk to my 🍑.

i love this comment !!

I tend to mess with their emotions, they mess with mine, today, my sims were so mean! she kept ignoring me, causing havoc, they are so annoying!

They do listen to me some days and sometimes, they are rude and they do all or most of the time, love to ignore me when I ask them to do something but they stand still and shake their heads like nope I am not doing this. its so annoying

Hahaha in response, I love your comment! It's so fun when Sims are just being rude and ignoring their 'god' xD
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello,

Lol, I was waiting for you to respond with what packs you have so I could offer some suggestions. :D

I don't know if I ever get bored with the game. There are times when I don't want to play because I'd rather do something else but never out of boredom.

Haha yeah maybe I should've responded to your comment anyways xD I have all the regular packs, no kits, and then except for Cottage Living, I'm waiting for that 50% sale :#

I'm not playing at the moment because I have a lot of 'life things' that needs to be done and if I start playing I'll get sucked into 3-4 days of playing 10+ hours so instead I'm just forum-ing
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited November 2021
    Since we got DHD, I love going into apartments and decorating them, changing inside walls around and stuff. I wish we had more worlds with some apartments besides City Living and Eco Lifestyle. If they redo Expansion packs I’d love to see at least one apartment building added to each pack.

Besides decorating apartments, I will either make lots ( usually other than residential ), or download them if I have available spaces, and then go in and renovate them to my liking.

Sometimes I will go in and change the clothes, hairs, beards, nails etc. on townies, or go in and give my townies or my played Sims likes snd dislikes.

Sometimes I will watch YouTube video’s on sims or sim packs.

Sometimes I will spend a lot of time on the forums here.

Sometimes I will make new sims for my rotation, or have a family move to a new house or apartment.

Sometimes I will play other games like Minecraft.

Sometime I will binge on Netflix

Sometimes I will practice at having a real life and go out to eat, to the movies, shopping, or karaoke with friends or family
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I have three main saves that I tend to rotate between depending on my mood.

My legacy save is my most long running one, it’s from when the game first came out, and is currently on gen 12. I haven’t touched it in about a year I think.

My second save is a rotational where I play some of the classic sims characters like landgraabs, goths, calientes, etc and just see where the story takes them. Whenever a new pack comes out, my rotational tends to add more classic characters, like I added Leod Mcgreggor when cottage living was released.

My third save is pretty recent. It’s an aspiration challenge inspired by @mcrudd aspiration challenge thread, where one sim tried to complete all aspirations in the game.

So when I get bored, I tend to go to another save and play with that until I lose interest. Sometimes I can leave my old save for a year before returning to it.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have a tendency to leave the game and either work on some genealogy or go through my emails. Sometimes, I get a hankering to build and if that strikes me and my story is moving way too slowly, I'll do that rather than shutdown.

That's so interesting - I saw you mention that in another post. That's what I do in the morning after checking the forums - I see if there are any cracks in my brick wall :)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've never gotten bored with Sims 4, but if I did, I'd just take a break and play something else.
    I keep my boredom away by having many different saves in Sims 4. I change them often, so there is no chance to even get bored.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    When I'm bored, I like to explore the gallery and look for new builders or CAS creators to follow. I also enjoy watching Sims YouTuber Deligracy for inspiration on different ways to play the game.

• lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    Once in a while I redo SIMS in Cas and move them into an unfurnished Apartment and have fun completely changing the layout and furnish it in a style that matches this Sim. After awhile I run out of apartments, but what fun!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't get bored, I have mods and also I play rotational. I find that changing households regular keeps the game fun for me.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Either rotate to a different household, build for a while in my build save or take a break from the game. Occasionally I have tried challenges ie rags to riches but I find them boring and not as invested as I am my main save which is now nearly 4 years old (human time not sim time) and several generations in.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I typically use mods and make my own to make the game a little more interesting and keep the boredom at bay but then again, I'm quite the sadistic type of simmer when I get bored. >:) You could try creating your own scenarios to make it more interesting or maybe throw in a few twists or obstacles and just have fun. If you don't use mods maybe you could do like a supernatural city or something and make a story based around it. I'm not sure what sure what your game play style is but maybe some of these ideas could help you?
    Anyway, the best of luck. :)
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

A new 'chapter' in the excellent story, "The Hall: A Story about a Haunted House" by Captain Peaches, who has apparently written himself into a corner because it has been AGES since an update.
    🤭. If peaches could blush from embarrassment I have one blushing right now.

I’m on it though! The story is (sort of ) there!

Thing is, I’m currently dealing with an actual haunting (this morning for example, I woke up to an empty fridge and I’m sure it had been full only two days ago) so as soon as I’ve got that one under control I’ll be able to get out of this darn corner.
    Stay tuned. 😇