Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of Fantasy do you want in Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Something Else (Please elaborate (^_^) )
    babajayne wrote: »
    I used to be fascinated by The Littles. It was about a mouse family that lived in the walls of a house. They would have regular household things repurposed to use at their little size, for example, a spool as a table.

I used to do this kind of thing with my Barbies. I’d use the bathroom sink like her swimming pool, I’d lay out a sponge as her bed, I’d play around the roots of a tree like it was her floorplan (here’s the living room, etc.)

Maybe it would work best as a spinoff game but I’d love scavenging for junk to use for little beings like this, and carving out rooms in the walls or the trees.

Ohmigosh, that would be so much fun!

I would love something creative that isn’t just replicating a movie.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2021
    Idk the thing is i don't want it too closely related to movies tv or other games but i do love fantasy though

If i had to describe it in these media influences...

dragons... as in GoT ones
    (dangerous beautiful pets that are loyal to their mommy but might burn down places or eat things you don't want them to if they get... hungry... but no i don't want to monster hunt them)

world aesthetic... as in LotR or Hobbit perhaps i do really adore backdrops of these films

though i would not want it to be exact copy of lotr like with batuu id rather have something inspired by that you dont need to like lotr to understand

like hobbit house village style world? sure.
    having to take the hobbits to isengard? not so much.

other: for magic i prefer the makin' magic style with show magic vibes and i would also like addition of whimsical weird things like fortune telling and strange rituals and whatnot

like harry potter has few fun objects spells creatures etc sure

but the overarching theme of " chosen teenage jock boy with hero complex goes to magical school to defeat nonhuman evil introvert adult trying to end the world" was never too magical for me

as for the "medieval"

sims medieval does exist and id prefer that style to anything from other media like lets continue what that started

tribes , beings, stories, history/culture?
    sims can have its own that would be more fun

but yeah id love to see werewolves and fairies and some of the other creatures that appear in many stories since ages past like say just vaguely some type of sea monster or labyrinth /tomb related threat or danger in the woods or such

...well as long as its not a bug or spidey cause those i will absolutely not play with
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Lord of the Rings (Orcs, Elves, Men, Hobbits, Medieval Feel, Ancient Stories)
    While I wouldn't want an exact copy of LOTR in the sims, I would love to see a medieval fantasy aspect added in with archery, elves, castles, dragons etc. Maybe the best way to do this would be by adding in a renaissance fair destination world where sims could dress up, learn archery, sword fight, and go on small adventures.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Everything Fantasy and Colourful (Vampires, Spellcasters, Magical Plants, Fairies, Elixirs, Books, Werewolves, etc.)
    What type of Fantasy do you want in Sims?
    Can't choose just one, so I'll rank the list from most to least

Everything Fantasy and Colourful (Vampires, Spellcasters, Magical Plants, Fairies, Elixirs, Books, Werewolves, etc.)
    Harry Potter (Lots of Magic, Lots of Magical Creatures and Plants, Elixirs)
    Game of Thrones (Medieval Kingdoms, Ancient Stories, Mystical Rituals and Magic)
    Classic Isekai Elements (Magic, Medieval, Monster Slaying, Dungeons)
    Lord of the Rings (Orcs, Elves, Men, Hobbits, Medieval Feel, Ancient Stories)
    Something Else (Please elaborate (^_^) ) Dungeons and Dragons, yesno?
    World of Warcraft (Medieval, Tribal, Dragons, Dungeons, Magic)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It was likely by chance, but possibly not - in The Sims 3: Supernatural, the occult life-states directly mirrored the five main supernatural types from the World of Darkness tabletop RPGs, of which Vampire: the Masquerade was perhaps the best known. Werewolves, mages, fairies and ghosts also got full game development, along with a handful of half-realized side projects.

These are the five I ideally wish to see receive Game Pack treatment for TS4.

I don't want GRR Martin, Jo Rowling, Tolkien or Gary Gygax anywhere near my Sims.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like just about everything mentioned, but I wouldnt go for other fandoms with established universes that you'd have to be already in the know about to fully enjoy. Its why I dont like JtB since Im not into Star Wars.

But anyway I'd particularly like actual magical animals for my spellcasters to care for. Phoenixes, unicorns, hippogriffs, to name a few. I personally wont rest until we have a unicorn in game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    A parody of all the above, plus a parody on:
    I Dream of Jeannie
    Pixie Hollow
    Maleficent
    Once Upon A Time
    Underworld
    Alice in Wonderland
    Narnia

But only parodies, not merchandises please.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I don't want anything 1:1 based on another media (but references and parodies are fine). I just want the fantasy back in the sims, period. Faeries, werewolves, time-travel, Bigfoot, DRAGONS. TS3 built on the best parts of TS1&2's wacky urban fantasy and showed us how could it be.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    I would like to see a fantasy world and occults/CAS that are not based on existing tropes and franchises but which are newly invented and more unique to the Sims game.

For example, what about a magical world that's futuristic looking and brightly counted?

Or an underwater modern city? Or instead it could be made of shells and consist of different types of aquatic Sims (invent and insert some new occults here).

Or a castle world based in the sky with bird people? (And perhaps weather magic?)

Or a world made entirely of crystals (love the landscape decor in ROM but want more!) with crystallic furniture, and maybe even crystal creatures!

And how about things which cause random spawning of tiny magical creatures, (like the dust bunnies). For example, a potion mishap could create slime monsters or an underwater world could have pet sea slugs (there are some amazing colours and varieties. Sea creatures are great for fantasy inspiration!)

Would really like another (larger) fantasy world that can be built in and lived in. You could also incorporate a game into it like Strangerville. I'd also like that world to be visitable by humans for holidays and vice versa.

I'd also like more different uses for occult powers and not just have most of them used for replenishing needs (which can be done in Base game already) or affecting moods. (Wish merfolk could do more with their voices).

Overall I'd love to see the design team go fully experimental, surreal and nonsensical on a fantasy pack and give it it's own unique look and qualities, not just sim versions of other fantasy franchises.

• Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I used to be fascinated by The Littles. It was about a mouse family that lived in the walls of a house. They would have regular household things repurposed to use at their little size, for example, a spool as a table.

I used to do this kind of thing with my Barbies. I’d use the bathroom sink like her swimming pool, I’d lay out a sponge as her bed, I’d play around the roots of a tree like it was her floorplan (here’s the living room, etc.)

Maybe it would work best as a spinoff game but I’d love scavenging for junk to use for little beings like this, and carving out rooms in the walls or the trees.

I love this! I used to do the same thing and it I felt so cool finding things that would work out, I generally always like when games do this type of thing, but yeah maybe not as a part of the current Sims game xD
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Idk the thing is i don't want it too closely related to movies tv or other games but i do love fantasy though

If i had to describe it in these media influences...

dragons... as in GoT ones
    (dangerous beautiful pets that are loyal to their mommy but might burn down places or eat things you don't want them to if they get... hungry... but no i don't want to monster hunt them)

world aesthetic... as in LotR or Hobbit perhaps i do really adore backdrops of these films

though i would not want it to be exact copy of lotr like with batuu id rather have something inspired by that you dont need to like lotr to understand

like hobbit house village style world? sure.
    having to take the hobbits to isengard? not so much.

other: for magic i prefer the makin' magic style with show magic vibes and i would also like addition of whimsical weird things like fortune telling and strange rituals and whatnot

like harry potter has few fun objects spells creatures etc sure

but the overarching theme of " chosen teenage jock boy with hero complex goes to magical school to defeat nonhuman evil introvert adult trying to end the world" was never too magical for me

as for the "medieval"

sims medieval does exist and id prefer that style to anything from other media like lets continue what that started

tribes , beings, stories, history/culture?
    sims can have its own that would be more fun

but yeah id love to see werewolves and fairies and some of the other creatures that appear in many stories since ages past like say just vaguely some type of sea monster or labyrinth /tomb related threat or danger in the woods or such

...well as long as its not a bug or spidey cause those i will absolutely not play with

This is a super nice explanation! I actually never meant for it to be a 'Harry Potter' or 'Lotr' pack, I was just trying to get different types of fantasy genres out there, in relation to what would be focal points in the imagined pack. I think I pretty much agree with all of these point though xD
    While I wouldn't want an exact copy of LOTR in the sims, I would love to see a medieval fantasy aspect added in with archery, elves, castles, dragons etc. Maybe the best way to do this would be by adding in a renaissance fair destination world where sims could dress up, learn archery, sword fight, and go on small adventures.

Renaissance Fair would be such an amazing idea! I never thought of this! Ö
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    A little of all listed in poll :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Don't want any fantasy in my game at all, don't care for occults mermaid or any other as such.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I too want it all. Anything sci-fi, fantasy, medieval, dungeon, more robots, hover boards, futuristic lands etc! Oh yes and even Dragons.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I wouldn't mind the Sims Medieval to make a comeback. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    We need werewolves already, please
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I just want unicorns. Don't care for any of the other supernatural stuff, TBH.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    I wouldn't mind the Sims Medieval to make a comeback. o:)

Me too! That was such a good game :3
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    I went with WoW dispite never playing those games, too rich for my blood, however it is the closest to what I want, classic fantasy like table top RPGs, like for example BG3, Baldur's Gate 3 is a new RPG game created by Larian Studios but set in the world of Dungeons and Dragons, it's worth checking out, it has everything, even a matriarchal society of subterranean elves with a spider fetish and a religion built around the evil Spider Queen, good dark elves do exist but they're the minority.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    not on the poll since my vote is not of the above in the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(