Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Sul Sul everyone, I have been a simmer since 2006 starting with of course the OG Sims on my ps2.

Hello @simmerdwn59 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since 2006, and started with the Sims 1 console version. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy simming hours ever since, playing, creating and building in the game!
    Happy simming! :)
  • skovileskovile Posts: 18 Member
    Hi! I've been reading the forums for about 10 years now (through many sims games) but only recently decided to bite the bullet and join. I started putting more effort into my game screenshots after getting a nicer computer and wanted to share them!
    skovile wrote: »
    Hi! I've been reading the forums for about 10 years now (through many sims games) but only recently decided to bite the bullet and join. I started putting more effort into my game screenshots after getting a nicer computer and wanted to share them!

Hello @skovile :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have a new computer! Happy simming on it! I hope you will enjoy posting your game screenshots :)
  • BarnibonnBarnibonn Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2021
    Hello everyone. My name is Max, I recently registered on the forum. I also play the game recently, mostly children play))). I love kayaking, in my spare time, I love playing "The Sims".
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
    edited November 2021
    Barnibonn wrote: »
    Hello everyone. My name is Max, I recently registered on the forum. I also play the game recently, mostly children play))). I love kayaking, In my spare time, I love playing "The Sims".

Hello @Barnibonn :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy kayaking. It would be an enjoyable way of spending time outdoors and also be great for your health.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    hello, I love sims, I wish I found this forum earlier as I always wanted to join one like this as I play Sims non stop each day! seems so lovely too hope to meet lovely people :)
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    @Barnibonn welcome :)
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Ellierosex wrote: »
    hello, I love sims, I wish I found this forum earlier as I always wanted to join one like this as I play Sims non stop each day! seems so lovely too hope to meet lovely people :)

Hello @Ellierosex :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy simming each day :) It is enjoyable and fun to see what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forums threads.
    hey thank you :) I love being here. your so sweet
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    I love it here!
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    Sul sul!! My name is Sophie and I am pretty new to the sims 4, been playing for a year or so... but I'm at 1000 hours over many saves hahaha. I love challenges and family/legacy play, and I joined this group finally after lurking for a long time because I'm inspired to start my Build Newcrest Legacy and maybe try my hand at sharing some stories.

My obsession with the Sims even led me to do an extensive research project on modding for one of my university courses!

I look forward to reading everyone's stories and getting to know the forum <3
    edited November 2021
    Sul sul!! My name is Sophie and I am pretty new to the sims 4, been playing for a year or so... but I'm at 1000 hours over many saves hahaha. I love challenges and family/legacy play, and I joined this group finally after lurking for a long time because I'm inspired to start my Build Newcrest Legacy and maybe try my hand at sharing some stories.

My obsession with the Sims even led me to do an extensive research project on modding for one of my university courses!

I look forward to reading everyone's stories and getting to know the forum <3

Hello @sophiesmithsimmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have played over 1000 hours in the Sims! They would have been fun and enjoyable hours.
    I hope that your Build Newcrest legacy goes well, and that you will enjoy posting stories about the lives of your sims.
  • StellarSpaceCadetStellarSpaceCadet Posts: 18 Member
    I'm here for The Sims, plain and SIMple.
    I mean I've already sold my soul for TS2, TS3 and now TS4, so why not?

I have an unhealthy CC addiction, will maul someone to get my hands on space/future themed stuff, tend to make game play harder on myself INTENTIONALLY, and usually lurk...a lot. May even consider making CC if I had the attention span for it. TS3 to TS4 conversions make me SUPER happy too.

Not looking for friends but if it happens I won't complain.
    I'm here for The Sims, plain and SIMple.
    I mean I've already sold my soul for TS2, TS3 and now TS4, so why not?

I have an unhealthy CC addiction, will maul someone to get my hands on space/future themed stuff, tend to make game play harder on myself INTENTIONALLY, and usually lurk...a lot. May even consider making CC if I had the attention span for it. TS3 to TS4 conversions make me SUPER happy too.

Not looking for friends but if it happens I won't complain.

Hello @StellarSpaceCadet :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have played sims 2 and Sims 3 versions and are now playing Sims 4 also. All sims game versions are enjoyable and fun to play!
    I hope you will continue to enjoy reading the forum threads, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
  • AndrielAndriel Posts: 25 Member
    Hello!

I'm Andriel. I was introduced to the Sims when the Sims 1 was still making expansion packs. I was a little late to the game, but I quickly became enthralled and would save up to buy each addition until I owned everything that had been officially put out for S1. I had an account with EA, uploaded the homes I built for others to download if they'd like, downloaded a ton of shared player content and mods, and generally devoted all of my free time to playing and learning all things Sims.
    That went on until my computer kicked the bucket, and then, life happened.
    It's been well over a decade now, and I've forgotten most of what I knew about mods back then, but thanks to the people in the (I assume this) forum I was a member of, and their kind guidance when I was trying to understand all of the cool things people were doing, I found a love of all things computer and these days I can do quite a bit more than youthful me ever dreamed possible with computers (I wish I had that old desktop these days, I'd repair that sucker and pull all of my sims data out of it.).

Life is more stable now than it was back then; I have the luxury to look back nostalgically, miss things, and determine that I'd like to have them again then - just get them (another thing youthful me couldn't picture being a reality, and I'm deeply grateful for my hard earned blessings).

Last week I randomly thought of the Sims, wondered if it even still existed, found out that it's on its fourth iteration and that getting ahold of disks (for the first version or the fourth) is a thing of the past. After kicking myself for throwing out my old disks a few years back because I thought I'd never have time to sit down and play the game again, then fighting the impulse to immediately purchase 4 (impulse buying - it is an ever constant harbinger sitting in the shadows, ready to pounce) I gave it some real thought and decided that I'd like to create new experiences to build upon the pleasant remembrances

I've purchased the main game, along with a couple of expansion packs (vampires and spellcasting - I couldn't resist), and I'm ready to play once more.

I'm realizing there are a lot of differences between 1 and 4, far more than just the game rendering being far improved, and for the most part I am enjoying my toes being in the water once more.

I am a little disappointed that the game doesn't allow for a picture to be used to make your sim's face. I was so excited to make a little me, as well as little versions of people I know and people I'll never meet IRL (popular movie characters), I had a picture ready to load into the game (a la the way I did in 1) only to find out that it's not an option and I have to give it my best shot by editing pre-mapped faces in the hopes of getting close. I've tried systems like that before with other games (ESO for example), and I consistently fail to make something that looks even faintly like me - I always end up with Generic Person Face, no matter how many hours I put in.
    I did try, diligently, this time 'round. Alas, it seems it was not meant to be and I will have to content myself with pencil and paper if I want to draw myself half recognizably.

I also found it an adjustment that there are so few lots in each world map with this version, but that is smoothly addressed by the game allowing you to move your sim cleanly between a variety of areas and ultimately makes it feel more realistic in its handling.

I do wonder - can you drive now? I'm looking forward to finding out.

My best wishes to everyone here,

Andriel
    Andriel wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm Andriel. I was introduced to the Sims when the Sims 1 was still making expansion packs. I was a little late to the game, but I quickly became enthralled and would save up to buy each addition until I owned everything that had been officially put out for S1. I had an account with EA, uploaded the homes I built for others to download if they'd like, downloaded a ton of shared player content and mods, and generally devoted all of my free time to playing and learning all things Sims.
    That went on until my computer kicked the bucket, and then, life happened.
    It's been well over a decade now, and I've forgotten most of what I knew about mods back then, but thanks to the people in the (I assume this) forum I was a member of, and their kind guidance when I was trying to understand all of the cool things people were doing, I found a love of all things computer and these days I can do quite a bit more than youthful me ever dreamed possible with computers (I wish I had that old desktop these days, I'd repair that sucker and pull all of my sims data out of it.).

Life is more stable now than it was back then; I have the luxury to look back nostalgically, miss things, and determine that I'd like to have them again then - just get them (another thing youthful me couldn't picture being a reality, and I'm deeply grateful for my hard earned blessings).

Last week I randomly thought of the Sims, wondered if it even still existed, found out that it's on its fourth iteration and that getting ahold of disks (for the first version or the fourth) is a thing of the past. After kicking myself for throwing out my old disks a few years back because I thought I'd never have time to sit down and play the game again, then fighting the impulse to immediately purchase 4 (impulse buying - it is an ever constant harbinger sitting in the shadows, ready to pounce) I gave it some real thought and decided that I'd like to create new experiences to build upon the pleasant remembrances

I've purchased the main game, along with a couple of expansion packs (vampires and spellcasting - I couldn't resist), and I'm ready to play once more.

I'm realizing there are a lot of differences between 1 and 4, far more than just the game rendering being far improved, and for the most part I am enjoying my toes being in the water once more.

I am a little disappointed that the game doesn't allow for a picture to be used to make your sim's face. I was so excited to make a little me, as well as little versions of people I know and people I'll never meet IRL (popular movie characters), I had a picture ready to load into the game (a la the way I did in 1) only to find out that it's not an option and I have to give it my best shot by editing pre-mapped faces in the hopes of getting close. I've tried systems like that before with other games (ESO for example), and I consistently fail to make something that looks even faintly like me - I always end up with Generic Person Face, no matter how many hours I put in.
    I did try, diligently, this time 'round. Alas, it seems it was not meant to be and I will have to content myself with pencil and paper if I want to draw myself half recognizably.

I also found it an adjustment that there are so few lots in each world map with this version, but that is smoothly addressed by the game allowing you to move your sim cleanly between a variety of areas and ultimately makes it feel more realistic in its handling.

I do wonder - can you drive now? I'm looking forward to finding out.

My best wishes to everyone here,

Andriel

Hello @Andriel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are now back simming again, after playing Sims 1 when younger, and are playing Sims 4. I hope that you will have lots of fun and enjoyment as you get used to playing this version. :) Sims are unable to drive in this version, but they can in Sims 3.
    If you would like help in creating your simself, the D.N.A. Requests team does build and sim requests. You just need to post details about your request in a post on their thread. There is a form to fill out on the thread. The link to the thread is
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995069/d-n-a-request-team-s4-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you#latest
  • RainyDay414RainyDay414 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm Rain, I've been playing Sims for about 10 years now(started with Sims 3), but haven't been on the forums before now! I actually joined because I've started making my own challenges and I wanted to share them with other Simmers! Can't wait to get to know everyone and have some fun!
    Hi, I'm Rain, I've been playing Sims for about 10 years now(started with Sims 3), but haven't been on the forums before now! I actually joined because I've started making my own challenges and I wanted to share them with other Simmers! Can't wait to get to know everyone and have some fun!

Hello @RainyDay414 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for 10 years and started by playing Sims 3. You would have lots of special memories of households that you have played and what happened in their sims lives.
    It is great that you have started your own challenges and are planning to share them with fellow simmers! Other simmers will enjoy doing them also!
  • sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome @RainyDay414 and @Andriel ! I'm new too; look forward to seeing your post and stories, and especially any challenges you've cooked p, RainyDay414! I always love starting challenges... finishing them, well, we'll see.. LOL
  • SouthernPuchuuSouthernPuchuu Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! I'm SouthernPuchuu. I'm from the narrow stripe of land at the south of the world (guess the country), and I've played the sims since a looong time ago. I'm obsessed with magic (I try to make most of my sims spellcasters) and with a very special way to make families (I made a sim appear 4 times in the same family tree!). I also loooooove to get my sims in drag when it comes to design the party clothing, with the heaviest and craziest makeup ever! And high heels, of course.
    As you can see, I'm kinda not the usual player, but, what's an usual player anyway!? Everyone lives their sims at their own will :)
    Hi! I'm SouthernPuchuu. I'm from the narrow stripe of land at the south of the world (guess the country), and I've played the sims since a looong time ago. I'm obsessed with magic (I try to make most of my sims spellcasters) and with a very special way to make families (I made a sim appear 4 times in the same family tree!). I also loooooove to get my sims in drag when it comes to design the party clothing, with the heaviest and craziest makeup ever! And high heels, of course.
    As you can see, I'm kinda not the usual player, but, what's an usual player anyway!? Everyone lives their sims at their own will :)

Hello @SouthernPuchuu :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing The Sims for a long time. You would have enjoyed playing many spellcaster or magical themed households over the time, and enjoyed seeing how their lives developed in your game.
    You would be enjoying the Realm of Magic sims 4 pack.
    Everyone has fun simming in their own way!
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    Sul Sul! I'm Wild :) . I've been playing the sims since the sims 3 came out, however I mostly just play the sims 4 now. In the Sims 4, I've spent most of my time in Create a Sim (I'm the type that will open the game, spend two hours making one family, and then close the game as soon as I finish making them). Specifically, I love making occults! I'm also working on a base save for myself right now. And with the help of mods I've been getting back into gameplay and I'm now on generation 3 of my legacy!

I've been reading the forums here for a few years, but only just made an account.
    Sul Sul! I'm Wild :) . I've been playing the sims since the sims 3 came out, however I mostly just play the sims 4 now. In the Sims 4, I've spent most of my time in Create a Sim (I'm the type that will open the game, spend two hours making one family, and then close the game as soon as I finish making them). Specifically, I love making occults! I'm also working on a base save for myself right now. And with the help of mods I've been getting back into gameplay and I'm now on generation 3 of my legacy!

I've been reading the forums here for a few years, but only just made an account.

Hello @wildleafbat :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, and now are enjoying playing Sims 4. Spending time in CAS is very enjoyable! It is fun creating background details for sims then deciding on traits, aspiration and outfits that suit them.
    It is great that you are making a base save for yourself. I hope it continues to go well.
    It is very nice that you are on generation 3 of your legacy! That is great! It is lovely seeing the interaction between generations and between siblings.
  • TrineeLarsenTrineeLarsen Posts: 14 New Member
    hiii!!! im TrineeLarsen, i've been playing sims since 2011!
    I started with the sims 3, and I just re-downloaded it, and I'm now on generation 2 of my legacy! I really LOVE TS3 gameplay!! I enjoy downloading cc and mods for both TS3 and TS4 :blush:

I bought the sims 4 in 2016, and i don't really use it for gameplay, but I love making sims and building their homes in TS4. I find TS4 gameplay quite lackluster :neutral:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top