Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @emorrill
    Wow! Both those items make me wonder what you are working on. :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @emorrill: if @Emily4331 doesn't respond sooner, I feel like I know what's happening with both of those or at least the shoes and will take a crack at it.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    @emorrill
    Wow! Both those items make me wonder what you are working on. :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275

200.gif
    :mrgreen:

@InfraGreen 👍
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill: just wanna set some expectations. This is a top-down view of the dress in TSRW:

Hzo9mQC.png

So everything's kind of pointy. A lot of sim animations tend to have them lean a little, so that's why one side looks fine in your screenshots. The corner of the dress is in the floor. I have a feeling that this was meant for custom poses instead.

I reshaped the corners to be rounder and I'll see what I can do with the bone assignments (a.k.a. how the dress animates with the sim) It might just be incompatible with how TS3 is as a game and keeping the camera to your left will be better. ;)

UqA0TZQ.png

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @emorrill Looks like @InfraGreen already has you covered on the dress. In the meantime, I can fix those shoes in like 5 minutes, so be right back. :tongue:
    Okay a little longer than 5 minutes as this wasn't the normal seam issue. Instead, it was TSRW go brrrr and break the shoes. :sweat_smile: The fat morph couldn't be read, so that's a new one.
    @Emily4331 Why thank you awesome lady. :star: I appreciate it. You don't wanna take a whack at the dress? ;):p

@InfraGreen Thank you for checking into it and making the fix. Much better than having the pointy edges. Let me know when it's ready for download. :blush:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2021
    @emorrill
    You sent me that dress a while back, but I hesitated downloading it as
    I wasn't sure how it would look in game, typically I'm not a fan of huge gowns
    like that, but that one is super pretty!

Bookmarking this thread so I can scroll through all the posts and see if some of the CC I have has already
    been posted.This is such a helpful thread! ^_^
    @emorrill You're welcome! No reason to mess with the dress, @InfraGreen seems to be doing great with it. :smile:
    edited November 2021
    @emorrill and, I suppose, @InfraGreen Took a look at the dress. I think the issue, even when rounding the corners is that the shape just isn't correct for a dress period. Dresses are circular at the bottom, even ones that hit the floor and flare out.

So I made it circular. :wink:
    aE3ktpm.jpg

PS: I'm also making a new medium LOD for this dress because, as it is, the medium LOD is the same as the high LOD, which could cause problems with explosions at some random point in the future.
    Okay, so reshaped it into the shape I posted above, made the medium LOD about half the size of the high LOD to avoid explosions, and I also made sure the top of the skirt was morphed properly, as it didn't seem to be in the original. So the under dress would grow or shrink with the sims body, but the huge skirt wouldn't. Looked very off. :lol: Anyway, let me know if this works well for ya:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ysb4b0ibxorww4/SplendeurDressMA_Reshape.package?dl=0
    edited November 2021
    @GraceyManor Yeah I was somewhat hesitant too, but was more curious how awesome it would look. ;) Glad I had someone to turn to for help if it didn't. Here ya go! :smiley:

@Emily4331 Oh my goodness... You made it look so so so much better! You are amazing! Thank you thank you thank you! :star: I'll test it as soon as I can today! <3
    Post edited by emorrill on
    @Emily4331: It looks great, and I wasn't trying to steal your thunder but I definitely got overzealous about it.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @Emily4331 Alrighty, so here's my test of the finished products. :blush:

Yay! No more seam on the shoes! (I didn't doubt it would be gone, but wanted to show you anyway. ;) )

Screenshot-3.jpg

Now for the dress! :mrgreen: (I got a little creative with the coloring again. :blush: )

As you can see, some of it still disappears into the floor...

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

But it's WORLDS better than what it was! :star:
    I think you're right @InfraGreen that it was most likely created to use for poses.

I sent her out into the snow in it, just to see, and the rounded areas don't show up...

Screenshot-7.jpg

...but it still looks dazzling. :)

I mean, if there's a way to trim it up just a little more so that the floor/ground isn't still eating it, that would be great, but if not, no worries. Like I said it's worlds better than it was. :star:

I caught her in a pose like this as if to say, "Yeah, I make this dress look good!" :smirk:

Screenshot-9.jpg

Thanks again! :kissing_heart:

@InfraGreen Don't worry about it. :smile: It's good to want to help and I'll never turn away assistance in fixing CC. :smile:

@emorrill Yeah, I can raise the bottom of the dress up a little bit to hopefully avoid clipping with the ground. Might take a bit of trial and error, though. :tongue: I'll do that asap and test it in-game to make sure it doesn't clip.
    @Emily4331 Thanks girl. I look forward to hearing how it goes. :kissing_heart:
    @emorrill Sorry for the delay. Not sure when I'll be able to get to this. :sweat_smile: I adopted a new kitty friend on Tuesday! So I've been very focused on keeping her happy these past few days. She's very shy right now, but an omega sweetheart when you interact with her. :3
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @emorrill Sorry for the delay. Not sure when I'll be able to get to this. :sweat_smile: I adopted a new kitty friend on Tuesday! So I've been very focused on keeping her happy these past few days. She's very shy right now, but an omega sweetheart when you interact with her. :3

@Emily4331 No problem at all. :kissing_heart:

Awwww! You got a new kitten! How wonderful! <3 Show us all a picture of her sometime okay? ;)<3
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Wow. I'm so happy you're still doing this. I asked you, when you first started this thread, if you could fix a couple items for me. You responded immediately but my cc folder was in much worse shape than I thought. I've gone through a couple pages and see you've done a lot of the cc i was going to request. So I'm gonna go snag that and see what left.
    You did a great job with those exploding sweaters and tractus' shoes. Those are literally the items I was requesting before.
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent and time. I'm so excited.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Emily4331 , I hope you're well and enjoying your simming. I'm wondering, would you be able to convert something like this wallpaper or the matching floor tiles? I don't know if Sims 3 supports animated wallpaper or tiles, don't think I've seen it.Though i wasn't really looking for animated , just a way to create a realistic star field around an object like a space ship.
    @Satanu_Reeves Well, I'm not entirely sure how to go about making them glow, but I can certainly try. :smile: Though, as stated earlier, I do have a new kitty who is 7 months old so still quite wild and takes up most of my time. :sweat_smile: So it might not get done super soon, but I promise I'll keep the files and do it ASAP. :smile:
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @Emily4331 Aww, how cute, kitties can be so much fun. Thank you for looking into it :)
    Hey, @emorrill and @Satanu_Reeves sorry for the delay. Just been busy and in a bit of a depression rut. :(
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Hey, @emorrill and @Satanu_Reeves sorry for the delay. Just been busy and in a bit of a depression rut. :(

@Emily4331 Hey girl. Thanks for the update. No worries, I completely understand. :kissing_heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top