Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds Y/N?

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds, would you like them made into full-time livable worlds or do you like them better as vacation destination worlds?

Part two: Have you used the vacation worlds as full-time livable worlds? How do you play it?

***ETA: I accidentally hit post before I'd finished the poll, Need full edit on polls, please.

Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds Y/N? 142 votes

Make then into full time livable worlds.
79%
crocobauraFrn0731GoldmoldarSara1010PGoth583MRoss18451franka44021rudolphalisamwittoveronMelisendreTheSpotted_CIsb917babajayneinvisiblgirlsimgirl1010FlashMarkergoodcakebaker62barracuda1574Mindofy 113 votes
Keep them as destination vacation worlds.
7%
PlayerSinger2010elanorbretonThetfordBoergeAarg61DarkLady2788bixtersSindocatHopeyStarrAaleynElisetomSigBlu1914 11 votes
I want even more destination vacation worlds, I can
12%
CK213GalacticGalYautjagirlduhboy2u2annaliese39catmando830SnaveXsOldeseadoggeColton147147mustenijoRN1414Seklein112Daephenenetney52ElliandreZazzyKittynNightlyCoffeeLJK 18 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Maybe before, when it wasn't posible to have rentals anywhere, i'ld have answered differently... but now, just make them livable! How cool It'ld be to live in Selvadorada or even in the beautiful forest of Granite Falls? (and i'm not even playing 4 anymore, but maybe i'ld install it again just to try it out!)...
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Maybe before, when it wasn't posible to have rentals anywhere, i'ld have answered differently... but now, just make them livable! How cool It'ld be to live in Selvadorada or even in the beautiful forest of Granite Falls? (and i'm not even playing 4 anymore, but maybe i'ld install it again just to try it out!)...

It would be very cool to live in Selvadorada and in Granite Falls. Sixam too!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    Yep , so I can decide myself are those lost rental or not :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I don’t have a hugely strong opinion on this, but if they made them all livable, it would open up real estate in the other worlds for more rentals. I’d rather have a rental in every world than two destination only worlds.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Now that we can vacation in residential worlds, it would make sense to allow Sims to live in vacation worlds. Take away the difference between them. I would love to have Sims live in granite falls or selvadora. The only vacation World I don't see working as residential is batuu but that game pack was designed to be full of restrictions.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    I think now that we can make rentals anywhere I would like destination worlds unlocked for residential. I have two families I’d like to move to Granite Falls. The mod that allows that didn’t play well in my game so I had to delete it.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I use Zerbu's mod to make the vacation worlds residential. They recently fixed the two small glitches I was having and now the mod works great. I love having sims live in Selvadorada and Granite Falls.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I use Zerbu's mod to make the vacation worlds residential. They recently fixed the two small glitches I was having and now the mod works great. I love having sims live in Selvadorada and Granite Falls.

Glad to see it was fixed. I may try it again.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The vacation worlds category feel like they're lacking. On one hand I want to say just make them all residential and on the other I do wish the vacation world category could also be like the community lot downtown area for existing worlds. I've felt like Magnolia Promenade shouldn't be in the residential category in my opinion.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I wasn't quite sure what to vote for. I feel like I always need more regular living space for all my sims, so it'd be nice to open up all the worlds for that. At the same time, I DO like having exclusive "vacation" spots, as it makes traveling there feel more special and like an actual event. I think probably for my game, I'd most like more exclusive vacation worlds, AND some more regular living worlds with plenty of lot spaces. But, I also think it'd be nice to to have the option of setting a world to vacation or not ourselves, as even if I probably wouldn't use that feature much, I know plenty of other simmers would.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited November 2021
    since we can now have rentals anywhere to make any world possible to vacation in

id like to get rid of the vacation separation.

sure worlds could still have that vacation vibe but i just really wish i could have local selvadoradian family just living there permanently keeping few llamas and stuff etc if i wanted to

or in case of granite falls its actually such a shame cause thats like closest to where i actually live irl so :sweat_smile: i kinda feel weird vacationing there but id definitely want my sims living there too

batuu idk i dont have the pack but i do think some aliens would have found the place nice to live in if only it was possible
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I'd love to see them become full time worlds. Even though I have all of those packs, I never send my sims there---it's just too much of a hassle
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I want all the worlds to be livable, including the hidden worlds please.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I want the option to do both.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I don't know. It makes them more special when you can't live there, but at the same time I guess it would be nice to have an option. Then again I don't mind the current arrangement. I guess I don't care.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I kind of want more destination worlds *shrugs* Selvadorada is very special type of destination world and I'd rather keep it as that, but Granite Falls is really not that special, so don't care about it as much.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited November 2021
    I especially want a livable world for Silvadorado. I want to be able to visit the National park for day trips rather than having to spend the night there. I would even like to see some Residential lots in JTB, and the same with sixam. I don’t feel comfortable putting ( playable ) aliens in the normal worlds, but would love to have a family in sixam and JTB
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I especially wish they would allow Granite Falls to be a livable world. The lots are so pretty and I like the idea of living in a wooded area.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I'm actually ok with having them
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I wasn't quite sure what to vote for. I feel like I always need more regular living space for all my sims, so it'd be nice to open up all the worlds for that. At the same time, I DO like having exclusive "vacation" spots, as it makes traveling there feel more special and like an actual event. I think probably for my game, I'd most like more exclusive vacation worlds, AND some more regular living worlds with plenty of lot spaces. But, I also think it'd be nice to to have the option of setting a world to vacation or not ourselves, as even if I probably wouldn't use that feature much, I know plenty of other simmers would.

This is basically the way I feel. I love the idea of traveling to vacation only worlds. Plus I have plenty of space in my game for more lots.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I have an archaeologist sim that I would love to be permanently based in Selvadorada, work on her skill, and curate the museum with new artifacts. Regarding Granite Falls, I might actually attempt herbalism if we could live in that world, currently it's a bit of of a hassle. Plus, it's a beautiful world, kind of sad to only visit occasionally.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have an archaeologist sim that I would love to be permanently based in Selvadorada, work on her skill, and curate the museum with new artifacts. Regarding Granite Falls, I might actually attempt herbalism if we could live in that world, currently it's a bit of of a hassle. Plus, it's a beautiful world, kind of sad to only visit occasionally.

Yeah, it would make more sense for the vacation aspirations if sims could live in those worlds. For a while I had a mod where you could change the world type but it wasn't perfect. I never keep more than a couple of the vacation lots in each vacation world anyway - I usually just keep one for single sims/couples and one for families, and turn the others into community lots, though I usually keep the Granite Falls campsite around for sims who like to rough it. I like that there is a vacation lot by default in Henford-on-Bagley though, and would love to see more options like that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Maybe convert some of them, not all. And Maxis should base which they are going to convert on the in-game lore of the world in question. Like, if it makes sense for pre-mades from that world's culture to actually live their daily lives there, then make it residential. For example: I'd love to see El Selvadorada be something similar to Mt Komerebi, a residential world with rental lots and actual activities to do when renting those lots. But I'd want to keep Granite Falls a specific vacation world, because there are really no premades living there. Heck, when one of my more outdoorsy Sims, Willow, went there, there weren't really a lot of Sims she could invite to join in activities with her! Even the ranger was hard to find. People might work there, but people obviously don't live there.

On a similar topic: we need better vacation worlds, and Mt Komerebi is an example of a good one if you ask me. In my opinion, Outdoor Retreat could use a pack refresh: Willow didn't really have enough activities to do for a 4-day vacation, but also not enough time to really skill up in Herbalism after she obtained the skill. There has to be more to camping then just sitting in a tent, throwing horseshoes, roasting weenies and stargazing all alone. Because there frankly were barely any townies that spawned which she could've interacted with while doing those activities. No, really, I think I only saw two or three walking by for those entire 4 days, and one of them was the ranger. All of those activities would've been way more fun if she had met some new people, because I got bored of them so easily with nobody for Willow to talk to. And where's other small camp activities like braiding friendship bracelets, making flower crowns for either another Sim or yourself, and crafting stuff like small leather objects, etc? No need to make all of these a skill, I'd actually prefer it if they weren't. But I feel that Outdoor Retreat is really missing those small activities that made other packs good (the reminisce interaction in Nifty Knitting, rabbits in Cottage Living actually digging holes in the ground, pidgeons in Get Together actually doing the pidgeon walk, etc).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Now that we can set rental lots, it seems like all worlds should be livable. I'd settle for a residential lot trait though, if it allowed us to move a household into Selvadorada or Granite Falls to live permanently.
    #Team Occult
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I would like all worlds to be available for either rental or residential. I myself would never have Sims live in Selvadorada or Granite Falls, and I want more vacation styled worlds that I won't have Sims live in, but I see no reason to block this option off for those that wish to live in those worlds.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Selvadorada and Granite Falls are among my most favourite worlds. Having an option to reside there permanently without the need for mods would be a very welcome game changer!
    Currently I'm 'renting' abandoned military labs, crashed aircraft, treehouses and other adventurous spots. In an ideal world my sim folk would actually live there forever-ever.

Quests in all worlds should function regardless anyway. It works for StrangerVille, Snowy Japan Land and probably something else that I forgot to mention.
    I do like world specific cultures (Selvadorada/ Sulani and Henford to a degree) and would love to see this kind of game experience featured in more worlds. I'm talking sim specific cultures loosely based on RL cultures , NOT a literal representation of RL cultures. I 'd like to see less of the latter to be fair.

Small worlds such as Sixam and Batuu need to be expanded too. Okay, I can live with Batuu not being liveable - it's a different animal altogether- but to make up for these limitations we need more planet like worlds for all our space exploring sims.
    I can imagine a Windenburg sized Planet world with different regions and weather/ environmental conditions unique to those regions.
    Going off on a tangent again so let me stop right there.

Conclusion: YES! I'd like to see destination worlds converted into residential worlds.