Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    I wish that there was a way other than barring all visitors to keep specific sims from showing up at my door. I want to have the parents of my sim around, but not for both of them to visit her three times a day. Stop being so obsessed!
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    babytes wrote: »
    So my Sim is in the acting career and paparazzi just comes inside the house and bakes cakes all the time which is annoying ,the bug for baking white cakes is back which is really annoying.
    Eco living bess illegal scheme don’t work right she keeps asking for money every minutes and nothing in return. My sim will not every wash a plate after eating,which is a little irritating. I hired a maid and they don’t clean up dust bunnies or anything , My sim girl can’t throw away Garbage even if the bin and the recycle garbage bin is outside , also I have a question for those who play with get famous if your nominated for 2 awards and you go to the show to collect them by do you only get one ?

Also not related to current title but I feel like I can’t never really decorate my house if it’s a big house ,there just seems to not be enough in the game to do ugh.

@babytes Do you have the foodies united NAP active by chance? That's what caused all the white cakes for me.

• JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I could write a book of all of the problems this game has and a sticky note of all the things that I like about the game. That's pretty sad.
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @babytes said:
    > also I have a question for those who play with get famous if your nominated for 2 awards and you go to the show to collect them by do you only get one ?

Off Topic, I realize, but how do you find out if you've won an award? Is there a channel you need to watch or some place you need to go to get it?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims listening and dancing to music they don’t like even when it makes them angry.
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    sims doing the opposite to what I told them to do. really bugs me.
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Chimneys on rooftops of houses without fireplaces.

Chimneys on rooftops that in no way related to the position of fireplaces in the home.

Windows placed in walls where, logically, a chimney stack would be, if connected to the fireplace below it.

I will rip a build apart and put it back together in a way that makes logical sense. Drives me nuts!
    Something else that bugs me is not being able to make folders in my gallery for sims and buildings I've created. Especially since things I've deleted have a tendency to come back periodically. If I could sort things into folders, then I could put everything I need to be sure and keep a folder and then redelete the stuff that comes back without worrying I might accidentally delete the wrong thing. Right now, I just make sure to upload everything I want to keep to the shared gallery so that it'll have the little cloud icon on it and I know I want to keep it.

Honestly, I don't know how those of you who make a lot of buildings and or households manage to keep everything straight without any way to organize it! If you have any secrets or tips you're willing to share, please do! :)
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    today, my sim was ignoring me.

told her to move but she stayed still.

the other half was rude and did no work.

feel like my family is so toxic
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

Chimneys on rooftops that in no way related to the position of fireplaces in the home.

Windows placed in walls where, logically, a chimney stack would be, if connected to the fireplace below it.

I will rip a build apart and put it back together in a way that makes logical sense. Drives me nuts!

Yes! Smoking chimneys with no fireplace drives me bonkers!

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    No ceiling in first person mode.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    > @babytes said:
    > also I have a question for those who play with get famous if your nominated for 2 awards and you go to the show to collect them by do you only get one ?

Off Topic, I realize, but how do you find out if you've won an award? Is there a channel you need to watch or some place you need to go to get it?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is how I found out about the awards in my game! I just came across the article on sims community :smiley:
    > @Mizzila1297 said:
    > I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is how I found out about the awards in my game! I just came across the article on sims community :smiley:

Thanks - that looks like the event I'm looking for!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    When I saw the thread title I thought, nope, there's nothing particular that bugs me.

Then I looked inside and thought oh yeah! So many things in here bug me too lol. I just tend to forget about them when I'm not actually playing.

I was making a sim in cas a short while ago and it bugged me how the sim got generated with all kinds of piercings and other accessories which I had to remove when moving on to the next outfit. And, for goodness sake, why do they always generate with glasses on in their sleepwear? Who wears glasses to sleep?

Talking of which, I wish there was a matching down-do for every up-do. I like my ladies to let their hair down for bed, cos who sleeps in a bun or ponytail? But getting them to look similar to their daytime hair is impossible for most of the styles.

Also, one day I would like to be able to choose the colour of the hair ribbon/accessory separately to the colour of the hair.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    When I saw the thread title I thought, nope, there's nothing particular that bugs me.

Then I looked inside and thought oh yeah! So many things in here bug me too lol. I just tend to forget about them when I'm not actually playing.

I was making a sim in cas a short while ago and it bugged me how the sim got generated with all kinds of piercings and other accessories which I had to remove when moving on to the next outfit. And, for goodness sake, why do they always generate with glasses on in their sleepwear? Who wears glasses to sleep?

Talking of which, I wish there was a matching down-do for every up-do. I like my ladies to let their hair down for bed, cos who sleeps in a bun or ponytail? But getting them to look similar to their daytime hair is impossible for most of the styles.

Also, one day I would like to be able to choose the colour of the hair ribbon/accessory separately to the colour of the hair.

All of this!

For the sleepwear, I like that they generate with glasses sometimes because I do think that some of my sims wear contacts during the day, but would wear glasses with their lounge clothes at home, which I also use the pajamas for. The problem is, the sims don't ever change unless you make them and then when they do change into their pj's, it's to get straight into bed. That's why I propose a new system that would allow us to set certain outfits for certain times of day. So like in the morning, walk around in pj's until shower, then wear a towel until it's time to leave for work. Then when you get home from work, wear your work clothes until dinner, change into loungewear after dinner and pj's for bed.

And I would absolutely love it if each hairstyle came in a short, medium, long, and updo version. Would be nice if the hair could "grow" into different versions.

> @elanorbreton said:
    > When I saw the thread title I thought, nope, there's nothing particular that bugs me.
    >
    > Then I looked inside and thought oh yeah! So many things in here bug me too lol. I just tend to forget about them when I'm not actually playing.
    >
    > I was making a sim in cas a short while ago and it bugged me how the sim got generated with all kinds of piercings and other accessories which I had to remove when moving on to the next outfit. And, for goodness sake, why do they always generate with glasses on in their sleepwear? Who wears glasses to sleep?
    >
    > Talking of which, I wish there was a matching down-do for every up-do. I like my ladies to let their hair down for bed, cos who sleeps in a bun or ponytail? But getting them to look similar to their daytime hair is impossible for most of the styles.
    >
    > Also, one day I would like to be able to choose the colour of the hair ribbon/accessory separately to the colour of the hair.

Preach it! :lol: Especially the last 2 - There are several hairstyles that I like, but I can't stand the colour of the accessory in it - and same with the "odd" coloured hair where the non-natural colour is mixed with a natural hair colour. I'd LOVE to be able to pick my own combination rather than just be stuck with what they're offering.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

Yes! Smoking chimneys with no fireplace drives me bonkers!

what drives me more bonkers is when you place chimney but the smoke comes from wrong part of the chimney like it doesn't come from chimney it comes from underneath and surrounds the chimney and man does it bother me but ive yet to find fix for it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Why can't sims travel while they are on a date?!

I wanted my sims to go ice skating, and saw one at HOB, but before they could get to it, it disappeared to make way for the town fair.

So they were stuck without much to do. Also, there is no option for them to eat together, ( I don't have Dine Out), so not even an option to grab a serving together.
  • StellarSpaceCadetStellarSpaceCadet Posts: 18 Member
    I have a few...gripes.

Misc
    - Music notes with farts
    - Constant little jingle with mood changes
    - Weird walk styles
    - Some Autonomous Things
    + Prank Toilet
    + Mac and Cheese...in the CAULDRON

And...maybe a few others but I'm having a grumpy day so I'll leave it at that.
    Otherwise, I love the games overall.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't like it when you see that plants on community lots especially the spice festival are ready to be evolved, but my sims cant evolve them. Then why show that option if sims are not supposed to evolve them?.
    Post edited by Nh6650 on
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    When townie sims just waltz right on into my sims private dwelling, without being invited or having a key. It is extremely frustrating as this seems to happen the most in Sulani. Go away Makoa, this isn't your house, no you can't just walk in like you own the place. Also along the same lines, NPC townie sims, please stop chatting up my sim who is in the middle of doing stuff, they clearly don't want to talk. rack the eff off.

Speaking of City Living, when neighbours keep turning up at my sims door wanting to "hang out" because they're bored or want to "eat" because my sim just happened to be cooking, just eff off, if I want to hang out with you, I'll come to you, otherwise leave my sims alone, they have their own lives they need to live, they don't exist just to entertain you, you stupid NPC townie.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    - Constant little jingle with mood changes

You can simply turn these of in the game options.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DerekanthonyDerekanthony Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > what drives me more bonkers is when you place chimney but the smoke comes from wrong part of the chimney like it doesn't come from chimney it comes from underneath and surrounds the chimney and man does it bother me but ive yet to find fix for it

I find if you use one of the other chimneys they work as they should with the smoke coming out of the top,
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Why are shisha waterpipes bubble-blowers SO HUGE. I scaled one down using the [ key while placing, and it remains useable. But now it looks like Ty (L) is responding to Cade's conversation with a very rude gesture! :D

ykj9MRD.png
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Random sims that my sims don’t even know coming to their door constantly