Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin

13...Next

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.

I finally figured out the reason we can't install it on our newer computers. Sims original is like 16 bit? Most computers today are 64 bit. If they would change that one thing, I'm pretty sure I could get my game to play once again!

Recently, they made Theme Hospital, which would not run from disk, availabe. I have it. The download will run on my Windows 10, 64 bit computer. I suspect, if they did the same with the original Sims game, it would work as well. :)

You can make it run though, you just need to use some tricks :) kinda like you need to use dosbox to play the old jack jazz rabbits (which I think are even older than TS1). But I'm sure others have already explained how :) anyway I loved TS1 but I probably wouldn't be playing it anymore today even if I still knew where the discs are. I'd rather go back to 2 or 3 then (even if I will forever miss the chemistry table #RIPTS)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2018
    The best thing about The Sims Complete collection as it is now is that you do not have to install Origin to sign on for it.
    (you don't even have to register it as that fails every time but still plays).

I have just installed it easily from the CDs on an older Windows 7 laptop which I am now just using to play older games on. I've disabled all wi fi and ethernet connections and it is just bliss to have no updates or interruptions which I got in Windows 10. The game runs beautifully on W7.

My tip is not to throw away all of your old Windows 7 or even XP PCs or laptops. They are still useful.

Even Windows 8.1 is running another Sims 4 install better, with no interruptions, as my backup machine.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    My tip is not to throw away all of your old Windows 7 or even XP PCs or laptops. They are still useful.

Good tip, until they suddenly become a brick one day.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    Are there any news about this? Will this game be available again some day?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.

i can't get it to work at all on windows 10
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

i can't get it to work at all on windows 10

I installed everything from my original disks. There was some "ikernel" error preventing the installation to kick off but deleted the old ikernel file in the installshield folder and it took off and installed fine. Next step was to download a fixed exe file so it could run under win10 so it is possible.
  • mslvlydluxmslvlydlux Posts: 2 New Member
    Trying to install Sim 1 Complete Collection on Windows Vista.It will only say "unknown error aborting set up."Can someone please help me.I am so desperate to play the Sims one.Thank you.
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Why was EA Germany not interested to release this version?
  • NicoleAlpinNicoleAlpin Posts: 1 New Member
    I know why! The Sims is not available on origin because the macOS users need a PowerPC iMac, they will get a lot of complaints if they did but I love the oldies! But sadly, that's why.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    It would be AMAZING if they made TS1 available on newer PCs. I have tried so hard to get it to work, and have not had any luck with it. Hopefully one day they will listen...
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • Whisper15Whisper15 Posts: 3 New Member
    I thought it was strange, too, how they have games older than TS1 available on Origin but TS1 gets the shaft. I would prefer having it available through Origin so there isn’t all this hoop jumping and sketchy websites we have to go to in order to get the originals to work.

They also won’t bring SimCity 3000 to Origin either for some unknown reason.

There’s no reason to not bring TS1 to Origin.
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    Even SimCity 2000 is available for everyone since 2017.
    I thought 20th aniversary of The Sims last year was a great opportunity to bring TS1 to Origin, but we are still waiting.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since continuing to make money off products for which the initial outlay was done decades ago, would be easy pickings.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    sorry for double posting, can't edit. Meant to add that it might be just that the content in Sims1 and Sims2 are now considered too controversial, like how Sesame Street showing kids doing normal things like jumping off the monkey bars, are now considered "not for children" and require a warning label. Maybe EA doesn't want to have to deal with the disclaimers and potential criticisms the Sims1 and 2 would bring if they associated themselves with the content now?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    sorry for double posting, can't edit. Meant to add that it might be just that the content in Sims1 and Sims2 are now considered too controversial, like how Sesame Street showing kids doing normal things like jumping off the monkey bars, are now considered "not for children" and require a warning label. Maybe EA doesn't want to have to deal with the disclaimers and potential criticisms the Sims1 and 2 would bring if they associated themselves with the content now?

I don't think so.
    I think they didn't provide Sims 1 on Origin because they are lazy. Also, if EA decied to release a remastered version of this game, like Rockastar did with GTA, I would buy it easyly!
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Honestly, I am curious as to why they won't rerelease it- i think they should, and i never played the original sims 1but know about the lore of bella goth and everything. Even with other old that (EA related or not!) i think should be rereleased and remastered for newer machines. Some play for nostalic purposes, some play because they miss the games. Even too, EA can make money off of people who play TS4, TS3, TS2 and have them try TS1.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Honestly, I am curious as to why they won't rerelease it- i think they should, and i never played the original sims 1but know about the lore of bella goth and everything. Even with other old that (EA related or not!) i think should be rereleased and remastered for newer machines. Some play for nostalic purposes, some play because they miss the games. Even too, EA can make money off of people who play TS4, TS3, TS2 and have them try TS1.

What is the reason why you can't play the Sims 1? Are you on Mac?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member

What is the reason why you can't play the Sims 1? Are you on Mac?

I wasn't talking about The Sims 1-- i was saying that this company and other companies (from games like barbie's dective, barbie's riding club, The sims 1, and other games: should be rereleased because some may play for nostaligic purposes. I would play TS1 tho.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
    I still believe...
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    that will be nice but i like the siums 4 better because i rather play that than the sims 1 2 and 3
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    I would definitly buy the sims 1 collection if they made it available to play on new computers. Sims 2 & 3 are the ones I play, would be sweet to be able to mess around with the original game that started it all.