Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of Fantasy do you want in Sims?

Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm curious about what type of Fantasy 'genre' simmers would like in the game?
I've tried to come up with a couple of what I think are the bigger clusters, but feel free to comment if something is missing - also don't mind if anything is missing in the parentheses, it's just me trying to put some general words on the genres
Post edited by EA_Cade on

What type of Fantasy do you want in Sims? 85 votes

Harry Potter (Lots of Magic, Lots of Magical Creatures and Plants, Elixirs)
4%
bshag4lvDrago97232EternalSunshinePainventa 4 votes
Game of Thrones (Medieval Kingdoms, Ancient Stories, Mystical Rituals and Magic)
8%
blueyblueskyDaravibixtersTrashmagicEnkiSchmidtOlalla1986Rabellaka_Simming 7 votes
Lord of the Rings (Orcs, Elves, Men, Hobbits, Medieval Feel, Ancient Stories)
5%
luthienrisingbarracuda1574motdkcomicsforlifeRememberJoy 5 votes
Classic Isekai Elements (Magic, Medieval, Monster Slaying, Dungeons)
0%
World of Warcraft (Medieval, Tribal, Dragons, Dungeons, Magic)
2%
Colton147147temporalgod 2 votes
Everything Fantasy and Colourful (Vampires, Spellcasters, Magical Plants, Fairies, Elixirs, Books, Werewolves, etc.)
50%
WrenryPlayerSinger2010MelisendreIsb917Anmirlagreydonnashcrash19MirichaFroilphantasmkissBabykittyjadeHarukotyanLeccaviola-illyriacynciefiercephoenix91LatinaBunnyBridgetKVMarkwilsonDoodlyDoofus 43 votes
Something Else (Please elaborate (^_^) )
28%
CK213GoldmoldarMstybl95babajayneMariefoxprice83simgirl1010goodcakebaker62SindocatCAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78BMSOleo3487MDianaSimsStrawberryYogurtNorthDakotaGamerRouensimsSimmingalKimmerL33tP33tNWWhatCobblers 24 votes

Comments

• CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited November 2021
    I didn't vote because I don't want any of those things in Sims 4. If I want to play a fantasy game I'd pick up a fantasy game.

I'm confused by the Harry Potter idea since magic is already in the game with the Spellcaster GP, no idea why the name isn't coming to me right now.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Everything Fantasy and Colourful (Vampires, Spellcasters, Magical Plants, Fairies, Elixirs, Books, Werewolves, etc.)
    Too hard to choose. Would love a more sinister dark magic/midevial/witchy/dragon vibe. But I'm up for ALL and EVERYTHING fantasy related!!!
    Imagine if my fantasy occults could slay monsters for a living 🤤🤤🤤
    Oh, ill take anything but the Harry Potter vibe. ROM was Harry Potter enough 😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    None of the above.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Everything Fantasy and Medieval Kingdoms. The others don't appeal to me...
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    I don’t want anyone else’s fantasy world. I want more tools to create my own.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I'm pretty much satisfied with Spellcasters but do hope occult players get something soon.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Give me all of it. I'm tired of realism.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I mean, I generally play Sims as Urban Fantasy as it is now, but classic High Fantasy (LotR) or Low Fantasy (GoT) would both be quite welcome.

Especially if it got us Dragons.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited November 2021
    Occults since newborn
    Centaurs
    Spellcaster teens at institute learn a few potions
    Vampires gain some points if finish institute with A or better
    Post edited by leo3487 on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I am happy with Realm of magic.
    But it would be nice to have faeries. I would bring my TS3 fantasy sims over to TS4.
    I would also need a werewolf. Oh, they would need nectar making too.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I want a mixture of different things, and I don't want a collaboration or similarity with an existing franchise. I love medieval fantasy, and would love swordplay and archery to be in the game, alongside medieval style furniture, but I also want dragons and other mythical creatures such as unicorns, phoenixes and hippogriffs. Faeries would be fun too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    I want a mixture of different things, and I don't want a collaboration or similarity with an existing franchise. I love medieval fantasy, and would love swordplay and archery to be in the game, alongside medieval style furniture, but I also want dragons and other mythical creatures such as unicorns, phoenixes and hippogriffs. Faeries would be fun too.

I think this describes a very nice gameplaying pack for fantasy lovers (^_^) It sounds really fun!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Jokr1929 wrote: »

I think this describes a very nice gameplaying pack for fantasy lovers (^_^) It sounds really fun!

Well if EA wished to hire me as an ideas consultant for a potential fantasy pack, I'd be down for remote working. ;) I've read, watched and written plenty of fantasy over the years, and played a bunch of RPGs too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I used to be fascinated by The Littles. It was about a mouse family that lived in the walls of a house. They would have regular household things repurposed to use at their little size, for example, a spool as a table.

I used to do this kind of thing with my Barbies. I’d use the bathroom sink like her swimming pool, I’d lay out a sponge as her bed, I’d play around the roots of a tree like it was her floorplan (here’s the living room, etc.)

Maybe it would work best as a spinoff game but I’d love scavenging for junk to use for little beings like this, and carving out rooms in the walls or the trees.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    I want Fantasy, Superheroes, Sci-Fi and everything in between.

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! 🦹🏻‍♂️
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want more alien oriented things 👽 but not like star wars stuff. Original alien sims lore
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I want Fantasy, Superheroes, Sci-Fi and everything in between.

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! 🦹🏻‍♂️

*Salutes the Captain*

Same! Fantasy, Occult, Sci-Fi, Superheroes, Fairy Tales, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Apocalypse... Anything but the mundane!
    #Team Occult
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't mind most fantasy elements of any type (even if I don't personally wish for some of them) except for cutesy ones or over-the-top-campy ones, and I don't want any derived directly from other games or other media.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like medieval themed fantasy with elves, dragons, unicorns, wizards and sorceress (male and female magic users) , werewolves, fairies, magical objects,... . I don't want to pin it down to one franchise. I enjoyed watching/reading Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, game of thrones but also other fantasy novels/tv-shows/movies
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Harry Potter (Lots of Magic, Lots of Magical Creatures and Plants, Elixirs)
    It was a toss-up between Harry Potter and Everything Fantasy. I would love me some more occults please, whether it's weres, faeries, more potions/elixirs, more, more. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Like the @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and many others, I want everything. I love fantasy, magic, sci-fi - and, of course, (hi @Gordy ) DRAGONS. Castles, archery, horses, pegasus, unicorns, werewolves, fairies and spaceships, aliens, new planets - Gimme all that and more! I don't need or want it to be specifically tied to any particular franchise - although I must confess the elves of LOTR are among my favorites.

Oh, and an underwater world for the mermaids would be epic, especially if it included terrifying monsters of the deep! Calling the Kracken!
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited November 2021
    Dragons, zombies, werewolves, and a medieval style world!
    @Isharell An underwater world sounds amazing!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally I don't want any fantasy elements. What I do want is to be able to start the game in any IRL decade I desire. The sims in-game are too dependent on electronics like a cellphone, computer or TV. Eras I was to play do not have those as options.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't want them to add anything else fantasy. They're terrible at it. Instead, I would prefer if they created a system where I can create my own "creatures" and give them my own rules. All they would have to do is create the different options, animations, and assets.

Honestly, the whole game should be this way.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    I don't want anything "Based" on another property.....After all, that's how we got stuck with Sims 3 Supernatural shoving so many Twilight references down our throats. I'm pretty sure no one else would want "The Game of Thrones" pack either. And while I was cool with the Star Wars pack, I imagine the entirety of the Sims fanbase would've been a lot cooler with this idea if it was "Generic Sci-Fi World Pack" instead of flat out shoving everything Star Wars down everyone else's throats. Just give me fantasy stuff without trying to tie it all to some other existing property.