Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Don't" Chat Bubble

TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
Has anybody figured out the meaning of that chat bubble with the "don't" red circle and slash mark over a person's face means?

It seems like a negative about the person. But from my experience, it seems that sims do it when they like somebody. So what does it mean ???

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't think anyone knows for sure! :lol: Just yet another mystery of the Sims!

There is an open thread about it on Answers HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Dislike-thought-bubble-during-positive-romantic/td-p/9733000
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Even though we don't know what (if anything) it really means, I tend to interpret it based on the context of the conversation at the time. Usually it means (to me) something like "What I'm saying doesn't refer directly to [sim-in-picture]" or "I'm not talking to/about [sim-in-picture] right now." But again depending on context, there are times that I interpret it as something more like "I wish you'd just shut up." :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Even though we don't know what (if anything) it really means, I tend to interpret it based on the context of the conversation at the time. Usually it means (to me) something like "What I'm saying doesn't refer directly to [sim-in-picture]" or "I'm not talking to/about [sim-in-picture] right now." But again depending on context, there are times that I interpret it as something more like "I wish you'd just shut up." :lol:

I like to think of it as: "The Sim I'm speaking to does not like the music/film/food/activity being discussed."

But it's also fun to imagine that halfway through a conversation with someone a Sim just thinking, "Nope, don't like you." We've all been there right? :lol:
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited November 2021
    If it's random in the conversation and not related to an action, I usually interpret it as "You are really getting on my last nerve right now." The kind of thing you think even while you're smiling and having a "pleasant conversation."
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I thought it meant they don't like whoever they are talking about.