Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move to uni housing is not an option?

Hello!
I have searched for similar threads but can not find the answer to my problem anywhere.
When my sim enrolle to university and is choosing accommodation options, only "at home" and "off campus" shows up? This is how it has been for me since I bought the university-pack when it came out. How do I move my sim to a uni housing/dormitory?

I have tried to remove my mods, does not work. I have tried to bulldoze and place uni housing/dormitories, does not work ..

What I'm I doing wrong? :(

Comments

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    If the sim is living alone now: Move another sim in to allow the sim to move out to campus.

Otherwise, living at home is a pretty good option, too. He or she looses campus life, but on the other hand has a lot shorter way to class.
  • RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    If the sim is living alone now: Move another sim in to allow the sim to move out to campus.

Otherwise, living at home is a pretty good option, too. He or she looses campus life, but on the other hand has a lot shorter way to class.

Thank you for your tip! I tried it but sadly it still doesn't work..
    Yeah I agree! But it would be fun to play a household living on campus at least once :')
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited November 2021
    Have you cleared your cache file (in Documents>Electronic Arts>sims4>cache). I am on a mac so I send it to the trash. Also have you deleted your localthumbcache.package file? Same path, just scroll down and you will see it. I trash this one also. When you start your game, they will be replaced with new folders automatically, it doesn't mess up your game. You can try this and see if it helped.

Or:

When you say you tried to remove your mods, did you actually take your "mods" folder and slide it to the desktop (just don't trash/delete it) and test your game? Your game will automatically spawn a new mods folder too.

If that doesn't work, did you repair your game?
    Have you cleared your cache file (in Documents>Electronic Arts>sims4>cache). I am on a mac so I send it to the trash. Also have you deleted your localthumbcache.package file? Same path, just scroll down and you will see it. I trash this one also. When you start your game, they will be replaced with new folders automatically, it doesn't mess up your game. You can try this and see if it helped.

Or:

When you say you tried to remove your mods, did you actually take your "mods" folder and slide it to the desktop (just don't trash/delete it) and test your game? Your game will automatically spawn a new mods folder too.

If that doesn't work, did you repair your game?

Thank you! I tried deleting both files you recommended, unfortunately it made no difference :/
    I deleted the entire Mods folder
    edited November 2021
    Oh never mind! I tried again to remove about 50% of my mods and then the options for campus showed up! Yey and buuh... How will I ever find the mod that conflicts... Well well, thank you guys for the help! :)
    Post edited by Rebcoon on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Glad you got it working! I quit using mods a while back due to all the updates, so I hope you find the mod that conflicts!
    Uh never mind... I started a new save file with my mods installed and then it was possible to choose accommodation options off campus. So I guess it's my save that's broken? I have been playing this save for over 4 years, I have spent an enormous amount of time rebuilding everything and creating new stories, so it's not an option to start a new save.. :/

Anyone know if/how I can fix my save so the university expansion works correctly?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Question, was there, perhaps, a child or a toddler or a pet in the household and no other adults? Sims can't move to university housing with any of those along, and they can't be left in a household without a teen or older sim.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Question, was there, perhaps, a child or a toddler or a pet in the household and no other adults? Sims can't move to university housing with any of those along, and they can't be left in a household without a teen or older sim.

Sadly no.. There is multiple adult in one of the households I tried with, no pets or children
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited November 2021
    Rebcoon wrote: »
    Oh never mind! I tried again to remove about 50% of my mods and then the options for campus showed up! Yey and buuh... How will I ever find the mod that conflicts... Well well, thank you guys for the help! :)

You have to remove them all, and add them back in one at a time. Until the game won't allow you to move a Sim to uni. It's hard but worth it. Also, are all of your mods updated? A broken mod can be the culprit. Check with the creator of the mod to make sure you've got the latest updated version.

Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/