Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't know if I am the first person to use the term, but yes I came up with it in my mind. :)

You don't have to "swing that way" to think someone is good looking, but I know what you mean.

And same with Haley, lots of people ARE good looking, but their other traits are a turn-off. :mrgreen:

I love the Dresser mod, as it lets me have multiple outfits and hairstyles for my sims. Yes, definitely allows for more realism too, as we don't wear the same clothes and hair like they do in cartoons. hehehe
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey howdy hey my friends. :mrgreen: I've been hard at work writing these next few scenes in the time passing Chapter that is 16...

I did a bit of odd time jumping in this part of the Chapter - mostly to illustrate how Shane and Harvey's friendship had developed - so I threw in some words in italics to help you know when the event happened so you don't get confused. ;) Cause I could easily see how it would look like Shane was reverting back to his "old ways" towards Harvey in these past 3 months when he was very much treating him and everyone else like a friend in the last chapter. So...there's that. :) I could've omitted the events altogether, but...I love anything Harvey and Shane so I had to keep it in. <3

I'm going to break this up into two posts. There's lots of pictures. :blush: Hope you enjoy it!

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 16…

During the last three months…

Near the end of the Fall season, the morning temperatures dropped to freezing, turning Appaloosa into a glittering white landscape.

51632177328_7f9f9ac6cf_c.jpg

But by the afternoon, most of the frost was gone, leaving only the snow-capped hills. The temperature was still bearable enough for three of the guys to get in a good outdoor run before they couldn’t anymore. It had become the morning - now afternoon - routine for them.

-Flashback to Summer-

Not long after Shane’s recovery, Harvey asked Alex if he’d be willing to train Shane for a time, to help him build up his weakened muscles and get him into a healthy lifestyle.
    “Start out light and slow with him,” he counseled Alex, “just fifteen minutes a day to start. That way it won’t feel so hard for him to do.”
    “Okay,” Alex somewhat agreed, “but what if he complains or doesn’t want to do it?” He didn’t doubt it.
    “Just remind him that it's the doctor's orders and also that if you’re not training him, then I will.” Harvey flashed a smile, knowing Shane would much rather deal with Alex.
    “Alright,” the Athlete chuckled.

Surprisingly to Alex, Shane was pretty cooperative about working out every morning. He wasn’t always willing to do it, but he’d remind himself of how good he always felt afterwards for motivation. Plus he wouldn’t mind looking a little more fit for Emily. And for himself.

Fifteen minutes a day turned into twenty and then thirty. Shane voiced that he would never work out for a full hour - “I’ve got better things to do” - but Alex knew eventually he’d come around to it.

Sometimes Harvey would pop in to see how the training was going. His presence was intimidating enough to weaken Shane’s muscles, especially when they were rapidly growing weak from a physically exhausting exercise such as chin ups.

51631130572_8527e78571_c.jpg

Even though he and Harvey were becoming friends, Shane still didn’t care for the annoying doctor side of him. And he still very much disliked being looked at as a patient in any way, shape, or form.

I’m gonna KILL Harvey for making me do this! He hissed through the exertion.

51631130757_5d8b9b5d6c_c.jpg

“Remember, no pain, no gain! Now c’mon!” Alex barked. “Three more!”

Now I’m gonna kill Alex!

The morning workouts now lasted forty-five minutes since Harvey gave the “Ok” for Shane to move on to cardio workouts. Shane’s idea of cardio was simply walking on the treadmill at a slight incline. He hated running. Alex just shrugged it off and let Shane do his thing.

-End Summer Flashback; Pre-Bar outing event-

One early Fall afternoon, Harvey joined Alex and Shane at the gym. He told Shane that since he was “making” him workout, he should be doing the same and that he’d be joining them from here on out. “Thanks,” Shane expressed in appreciation, still walking on the treadmill while Harvey went right into jogging on his.
    “Wow. I can’t believe this isn’t wearing me out yet,” Harvey voiced after a few minutes. “It’s been a while.”
    Good for you… Shane thought.

51631131247_00eb84538f_c.jpg

Harvey secretly studied Shane for a few minutes. “Why don’t you increase the speed on that,” he suggested, not asked. “You can handle it.”
    “Maybe I don’t want to.”
    “You had the same attitude about the chin up bar initially, now you can do five lickety-split.”
    “Are you going to throw a ‘doctor’s order’ out at me to run?”
    He cracked a smile. “No...I’m just curious to see if you’ll hold out longer than me since you’ve gotten in some good strength training lately when I haven’t...”
    It was a trick! And Shane knew it. For the love of… he thought with an eye-roll and a head shake.

51632805220_6a734f9f4d_c.jpg

“Fine. You’re on,” Shane agreed.
    “Excellent!”
    “What’s your speed?”
    “Four, with an incline of six.”
    Shane adjusted his treadmill to the same and began jogging.

“Actually let’s kick it up a notch,” Harvey said after three minutes in, pressing the increase button. “Four point five.”

51631954686_244981732d_c.jpg

“Think you’re pretty tough eh?” Shane playfully taunted, setting his speed to match. “Bring it!”

Almost five minutes into that, the Doctor and the Recovering Alcoholic lost their footing and slipped and fell at the exact same time, clinging to the machine; really not wishing to lose to the other.

51632602884_3eee5eb871_c.jpg

“Giving up so soon, tough guy?” Shane teased while pulling himself up.
    “No,” Harvey grunted as he did the same. “Wanna see how long we can go at five?”
    “Sc’rew that! SIX!”
    Both were panting heavily as they increased the speed.

Six!? This isn’t going to end well…, Alex thought from the sidelines.

51631955071_3c256b1ce5_c.jpg

Six was a pretty fast speed, all the more intensified at a six incline, even for someone as fit as him, so he could only imagine how much those two were dying out there.

Shane found his vision suddenly blurring, but wondered if it was just from the dripping sweat seeping into his eyes. A few seconds later, he knew better. “I can’t!” he gasped. “I have to stop…” He swiftly turned down the speed.
    “Same!” Harvey declared, following suit. “Oh my gosh… Whaddya say? A tie?”
    “Whatever.”

At that point the two turned the machines off altogether, stepped off, and rested their hands on their knees as they worked to catch their breaths.

“Da’mn,” Alex couldn’t help saying as he approached them, throwing his sweat towel over his shoulder. “I thought one of you was going to hurt yourself there…”
    “I was afraid of that too honestly,” Harvey admitted, stretching his arms behind his back as he stood up. “More in regards to Shane,” he smirked at his buddy.
    “Ha ha,” came the response.
    “Nah, I was totally expecting you to hurt yourself Harvey,” Alex admitted. “You’re the least fit out of the three of us.”
    “That’s right!” Shane gladly emphasized.
    Harvey shook his head with a grin. “Okay fine, you’re right. But I call it a victory being able to keep up with Shane considering.”
    “True,” Alex nodded, giving him a fist bump. “Good job.”

“Harvey…,” Shane wearily addressed, still hunched over with his hands on his knees. “Why can’t I...catch my breath…?” he panted. His heart was running like it was never going to slow down.
    Harvey squatted down and studied Shane’s face for a moment. “You have asthma? Or a history of it?”
    “No.”
    “Hmm. Most likely it’s just overexertion, but,” he stood and took a look around. “How about you sit up on that table over there so I can monitor your pulse for a bit; just to make sure.”
    “Geez Harvey, the pulse thing again?” Shane groaned, as he straightened himself up.
    Alex chuckled.
    “I knoooow,” stilled the Doctor, as he helped Shane walk to the table, “but certain aspects of your health are still a mystery to me so I need to check on you when you’re feeling strange more than the others.”
    “Joy,” Shane muttered as he hopped onto the surface. “Seriously...I don’t know how...anyone... handles having a doctor for a friend.”
    “Some people think it’s quite nice,” Harvey cheeky grinned as he held Shane’s wrist. Alex nodded.
    “I don’t,” came the frank response.
    “Weren’t you just asking for my medical opinion back there?”
    “Shut up Harvey…”
    He chuckled. “Relax. Try to breathe normally.”

51631955191_bfec8ef185_c.jpg

It took a few minutes, but Shane’s heart finally slowed into a normal rhythm and he began to feel like he could breathe properly again. Gosh that run kicked my a$$!
    “There we go,” Harvey concluded, resting his hands on his hips with a sigh. “Yep, just overexertion. Your heart got thrown for a loop when it’s not used to working that hard.”
    “Hey! You told me to increase the speed and that I could handle it.”
    “Yes, but not to a SIX!”
    “Whatever…,” he looked away with a head shake. “I don’t ever want to feel that fatigued after a run again. Makes me feel like a weakling.”
    “You gotta gradually build up to it. Like you did with the strength training.”
    Alex nodded.
    “Su’cks!” Shane complained, sliding off the table. “Why does getting fit have to be so hard and take so da’mn long? No wonder most everyone is out of shape!”
    The other two laughed. “Oh the lament of all of us,” Harvey said.
    “Not for those who love it like Mister Star Athlete here,” Shane gestured toward Alex.
    “Yep,” Alex proudly admitted throwing his fists on his hips, “and da’mn proud of it!”
    Shane and Harvey just shook their heads, Harvey smiling.

“So we gonna start doing morning runs from here on out or what?” Shane asked. “I’m not gonna su’ck that bad at running again!”
    The two chuckled and looked at each other with a couple of nods before looking back at Shane.
    “Sounds good,” Harvey agreed.
    “Yep. Piece of cake,” Alex added. “Let’s do it!”

And that’s just what they did. Every morning since.

-Back to the events of the past three months-

Shane’s endurance got better and better to the point that he was beginning to keep the same pace as Alex. Harvey was proud.

51632180953_1f626507e7_c.jpg

“Here’s to you and me leaving Harvey in the dust,” Shane humorously said to Alex, giving him a side fist bump.
    “Yep!”
    “And now I’m gonna leave you in the dust!”
    “Wha - Hey!”

51631955391_8c2484cf22_c.jpg

That punk… But he ended his thought with just as proud a smile as Harvey’s.

In the recent late Fall afternoons though, it was more often just Harvey and Shane going for a run. Alex went on to do other things to change up his workout; as he usually did. The two didn’t mind it, when just a few months ago they very much would have. It made them chuckle thinking about it. Neither of them ever expected to become such good friends, but deep down they were happy about it.

51631132587_5b15f34d46_c.jpg

Of course they still had to tease each other from time to time. It didn’t feel right not to.

“You’re gonna have to work harder to keep up with me now old man,” Shane playfully taunted as he passed Harvey up.
    “Laugh it up buddy. You’re not that much younger than me.”
    “Younger enough,” he said, turning around and dropping his tongue out while spreading his hands apart.
    Harvey just shook his head with a chuckle.

When Shane turned back around and noticed something in the distance, his eyes lit up. “Oooh! A food truck! I haven’t eaten from one of those in years.”

51632604354_95a8433d42_c.jpg

“Careful,” Harvey cautioned. “You’ll lose all the calories you burned on this run eating that stuff…”
    “Oh c’mon Doc, lighten up!” Shane threw back, heading straight for the truck. “You gotta live a little! You know you want some...”
    Harvey stopped. Maybe he did. He hadn’t grabbed lunch before their run like he normally did.
    “Plus we all know you stock your fridge back home with just as much junk food as the rest of us do, am I right?” Shane called back with a giant smirk.
    Yes…, Harvey admitted, going over to join him.

“H*** yeah!” Harvey could hear Shane express with excitement. “You guys do Taco Tuesday in this world too? Right on! I’ll get four please.”

51632604594_875425bdc1_c.jpg

“Oh yeah, mmm,” Shane practically moaned after taking the first bite…

51632808055_a48da05002_c.jpg

“...Totally worth it!”

51632182228_e373fe98a4_c.jpg

Harvey ordered a few tacos as well. Definitely a more healthy alternative compared to that other stuff.

51632808575_03f2d41b45_c.jpg

And the best thing Shane enjoyed doing after a good run, was taking a nice long nap afterward. That was the reward.

51632808745_d4ed2208bb_c.jpg

Ever since Alex shared his concerns with Penny about his and Haley’s relationship, it’s like a flip had gotten switched; in a very good way. He was working hard to respect her need to take things slow and suddenly she was showing a little more love and devotion to him. It felt like magic; maybe the very magic flowing in the veins of the world. Things hadn’t felt this good between them since they hooked up and it developed a renewed faith in their future together.

One frosty evening the two cuddled on the bed in their underwear in the warm comfort of Alex’s room, happily reminiscing about the past. Haley grabbed a pillow while carrying a certain look in her eye and Alex had a feeling he knew what she was saying, so he grabbed a pillow himself.
    “Remember that one night in my living room when I kicked your toned a$$ in a throw-pillow fight?” she asked, touching her nose with his.
    “How could I forget?”
    “You never asked me for a rematch. Why is that?”
    “Uhh...” He didn’t really want to say.
    “Cause you knew I’d kick your sexy a$$ again,” she answered for him.
    “No,” he white-lied, “I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to kick your sexy a$$.” He smirked.

51631957871_fb3b09a792_c.jpg

“Well is that perfect time now? Or…”
    “Oh yeah it’s now,” he declared as he positioned himself at the foot of the bed. “Give me all you got baby!”
    She grinned. “Oh I’ll give it to you. Hard!”
    They both giggled.

51631957666_dc33ced756_c.jpg

And the pillow fight commenced.

It was so loud that anyone present in the house didn’t even WANT to know what was going on in that bedroom.

Haley’s feisty and competitive side came out quickly, turning her into a raging tiger. It was incredibly arousing hearing her and watching her, and it finally stimulated Alex to the point that he lost his concentration and his strength went with it. She pinned him down on his back and beat the ever living cr’ap out of him. Down feathers were flying everywhere.

51632606254_663b30f697_c.jpg

The only thing left for the man to do was surrender.

“YEAH!” Haley hoarsely cried, throwing her fists in the air, then lowered her arms and smiled widely at him while gasping for breath.

Now that her guard was down, Alex wrapped one leg around her and flipped her over onto her back, pinning her down now.
    “HEY!”
    “That’s right,” Alex breathed down on her, pulling her midsection tightly against his stiff. “You're my prey now.”
    “Oh...my...Alex. You...su’ck!” She continued to pant, moaning in between.

51632809700_fe296f11fe_c.jpg

He was about to say something very dirty in response to that, but his phone rang.

Sighing, he slipped off his girl and reached for it from the end table. It was...Maru? He slowly swiped the green button to answer.
    “Hello?”
    Hey Alex, it’s Maru. Hope I’m not calling at a bad time.
    He threw a glance at Haley. “Uh...no. Not really.”
    “Who is it?” Haley lipped.
    “Maru,” he lipped back.
    “Why?”
    He shrugged and plopped himself down onto his back. “What’s up?”
    You up for doing some stargazing? The Android News Network says there’s supposed to be a meteor shower tomorrow night. I want to see if it’s true.
    “Uh, yeah, that sounds cool.”
    Great! It’s supposed to start around 10 pm. Wanna meet me over here a little before then?
    “Yeah.”
    Don’t forget alright?
    He smiled. “I won’t.”
    Okay. See you then. Bye.
    “Bye.”

“What was that all about?” Haley asked as Alex set his phone down. She snuggled next to him and rested her head on his chest.
    “Oh, she was just wondering if I wanted to go stargazing tomorrow night. Apparently there’s going to be a meteor shower.”
    “So...you’re going to?”
    “Well, I kinda owe it to her. Ever since she agreed to play soccer with me I sorta had to agree to do some brainy stuff with her.”
    “Figures.”

Alex caressed his hand down her leg for a moment. “You don’t...mind me hanging out with her...do you?” His heart began to speed up a little.
    Haley propped herself up onto her arm to look at him. “Not really sure why since you never gave her the time of day back in school, but since you made a deal--”
    “Cause she’s my friend now. That’s why.”

51631958761_33bdedf67a_c.jpg

“Okay,” she accepted. “It’s cool. I mean, it would be silly for us not to hang out with our friends of the opposite sex just because we’re in a relationship right?”
    “...Right.”
    “So,” she began, chewing at her lower lip for a second, “in that regard...you don’t mind if I hang out with Sam sometimes do you?”
    Hearing the guy’s name lately made Alex’s eyes roll. “Sam? Why would you want to hang out with him?” he somewhat threw back at her, the pain of watching her flirt with him at the bar coming back. Even though she apologized about it and promised to never do it again. He was genuinely curious.
    “Cause he’s funny and I like his music,” she answered with a smile. “I enjoy listening to it and watching him play. Plus...he’s a friend too.”
    He couldn’t argue against it now. And he had to trust her, just like he hoped she trusted him. “Sure. I don’t mind it,” he replied. “We just gotta make sure we let each other know what plans we’ve made with our friends so we don’t leave each other hanging.”
    “Of course!” She laid her head back down onto his chest and happily sighed.
    Alex released a quiet breath of relief. Guess this is what a mature relationship feels like.

51631135532_62b040df8f_c.jpg

That’s what they did from that time forward. Not really recognizing the damaging effects it would have on their relationship in doing so.

-See next post. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Haley started getting back into photography - as a way of improving herself - so sometimes she would ask Sam to help set up scenes for her, or even model for her.

"Give me serious!"
    51632315793_3db8cfa284_c.jpg

"Now sexy!"
    51631265387_4b03abc18a_c.jpg

He was the ideal helper and model since most of the time the others were too busy and it bored Alex. She always respected that photography wasn’t her boyfriend’s thing, but Sam taking an interest in it meant a lot to her.

Other times she and Sam would go to the movie theatre to watch a strange play the androids were putting on and make fun of it afterward…

51631263427_c507c835c8_c.jpg

...or they would go swimming at the indoor pool.

51632739449_8637c2fa99_c.jpg

51632940965_bd46b752e2_c.jpg

51631265787_ef2e98bc86_c.jpg

51632739669_c702ef39c3_c.jpg

51632941210_e14ac4674b_c.jpg

51632941320_c3a420712a_c.jpg

51631266197_c20872e72d_c.jpg

51632088936_89649ac87e_c.jpg

Sam was keeping his physique up and Haley definitely noticed. Rawr! was her thought.

51632739379_2a3eb6b4a1_c.jpg

Even though she got plenty of vibes that Sam had a crush on her, she appreciated that he respected her relationship with Alex by not getting too close or touchy with her no matter what they were doing together. That made a huge impression on her and she hoped that she was doing things now that would make an impression on him too. She really was trying to be a better person after that night at the bar, and hoped people were noticing. Notably her sister.

After watching the incredible meteor shower with Maru…

51631137842_3c4cbd7ba3_c.jpg

51631951761_73a98ab7d2_c.jpg

51631138042_274e7a3145_c.jpg

...the girl managed to rope Alex into doing even more “brainy” activities and he found himself looking forward to them. Not just because Maru was surprisingly fun to hang out with, but he was actually hungering to gain more knowledge than he ever had before. Maru could sense that hunger and she was proud of him.

They’d often visit the Library to pick out a new book, for both of them to read, every week.

51632185053_101db3ffc2_c.jpg

They took turns each week picking one out. Most of the time the one didn’t find joy in what the other had chosen, but they read it anyway out of kindness.

51632608479_2439126ce7_c.jpg

“Dude! Can you believe Marty actually stepped in and offered himself to be the alien’s test subject instead of allowing them to go with Garth, his sworn enemy!?”
    “Hey! I haven’t gotten to that part yet!”
    Alex lowered the book and gave her a puzzled look from over his shoulder. “Since when do I read faster than you?”
    She closed her eyes for a second. “Okay so maybe I got caught up in some of the medical inventing the past couple of days and I didn’t read like I was supposed to.”
    He playfully gaped at her.
    “I’m sorry…”
    “I get it,” he turned back to the book, “you don’t like this one I picked out. You can say it.”
    She slapped the book down onto her lap. “It’s not that it’s just...Harvey is still concerned about what might happen to us the longer we stick around here and we’re still lacking in essential medical equipment. So I’m doing my best to rig them up to ease his mind.”
    “No really, I get it. It’s okay.”
    “And if we have the proper monitoring equipment we can safely have one of you guys offer to test out some of the medicines we’ve compounded - like you were concerned about earlier - instead of going by what happens to the cockroaches.”
    “Cool!”
    “So...do you think you might be willing when that time comes?” she hopefully asked.
    “I dunno Maru…,” he sighed. “I don’t think you realize just how hard I’ve worked to keep myself fit and healthy all these years. I don’t want a questionable med to possibly ruin that. You understand don'tcha?”
    She did, but still shook her head anyway. “You know Alex, sometimes in life you gotta look past yourself and be selfless for the greater good. The result far outweighs the struggle it might’ve been to do it. That’s why I’m doing all this. You should try it sometime.”

He looked up from the book. Maybe he would.

On another day they visited the Art Museum. Alex mostly found it boring, which Maru expected, but his comments were humorous and made it fun.

“What exactly is that thing that naked dude is trying to hold up?” Alex asked about a statue.

51632811905_3105f26bc3_c.jpg

“Not sure. Definitely a geometric shape that's known to this world and carries some meaning. He’s not naked, is he?” She didn’t see the "part" up front so she checked in the back. “Oh...guess he is.”
    Alex chuckled. “Like what you saw back there?”
    “Shut up.”

“Why the h*** would they have a trash can on display here?”
    Maru shrugged. “I’m just as stumped as you are on that one. It looks like it might be gold plated?”
    “That’s a waste of gold if you ask me…”

51631137442_f3d2b5662d_c.jpg

And of course Alex always found a way to coax Maru into doing something sporty with him. Most of the time she didn’t mind. They had a pretty intense game of Ping Pong going one afternoon. Their scores were neck and neck.

51632089366_71c1f6c455_c.jpg

51632940260_809eea5c70_c.jpg

51632738929_4f8f193486_c.jpg

But try as he might to not unleash his lust for victory, it still found its way through the bars of the cage.

“ARRRGGH!” he cried as he whacked the tiny ball and it slammed Maru right between the eyes.

51632737859_206da0d505_c.jpg

“ALEX!”

51632089861_acab735d89_c.jpg

“Oh sh**!” he remorsefully said. “I’m so sorry Maru. I wasn’t aiming for you I swear!”

51632315068_66f8084668_c.jpg

“I don’t think you knew what you were aiming at with all that cutthroat emotion raging inside of you!”

There was a moment of silence as Maru rubbed at her forehead.

Alex frowned. “Should we quit the game now?”
    “No,” she replied as she forcefully served the ball when Alex wasn’t expecting it and it whipped right on past him.

51632939330_6a1ffa61c3_c.jpg

“Alrighty then,” he mumbled as he picked up the ball. She was now two points ahead of him and strangely enough...he didn’t feel like trying to beat her at the game anymore. That accidental hit really tugged at his emotions. Not just because he hurt his friend, but because she was right about him; he did let his competitive nature take over, always, and he wanted to show her that winning wasn’t everything to him anymore. “You know what,” he addressed, spinning the paddle in his hand. “I say we call it good. I’m cold, and thirsty. Wanna whip up some apple cider or something?”

Maru looked upon him questionably, but now that he mentioned it she was feeling pretty cold and thirsty herself. “Sure. Cider sounds great.”

She smiled as he opened the door for her back into the house. Did he really just quit the game with me ahead of him? Wow… The gesture made her heart flutter, but mostly she was happy to witness a little growth in Alex. And it made her wonder...were there areas in her life that needed improvement? That he felt she could improve on? There was a little something he hinted at a few weeks ago…

The first big snowfall of the season happened on the first day of Winter.

It was so gorgeously falling, in between the peeking sun rays, that Haley couldn’t help going out in it and taking a ton of pictures.

Over at the rainbow waterfall pond she happened upon a curiously looking bird just sitting in the snow with blue and purple coloring and a white face. It resembled an owl. At first she thought the poor thing was frozen, but when it co’cked its head at her, she gasped.
    “Oh...my...Gosh…,” she whispered as she very slowly knelt down and raised her camera. “Don’t fly off baby.”

*click*

51631128712_8c3699269d_c.jpg

The bird was surprisingly tame, not caring one bit about Haley inching closer to it, even with the noisy sound of the snow crunching beneath her feet. “Ohhh!” she lightly squealed as she watched him groom his wing feathers. “You are totes adorable! Yes you are!”

51631128987_0b91212376_c.jpg

*click*

51631952326_60ee2625e4_c.jpg

She desperately wanted to pet him, but was afraid he would bite so she bid him farewell to get closer to what she really came there to take a picture of.

51632600654_7ca9c85c5f_c.jpg

She had hoped the waterfall had frozen into a solid, towering rainbow column of beauty, but unfortunately no. “That’s okay,” she said to herself. “Guess it’s not water after all, just a magical illusion. Like Abby said...”

51631952836_23f3cabf79_c.jpg

Taking pictures of the billions of unique snowflakes resting on the frozen pond gave her an idea. She called Alex and asked if he’d like to go ice skating on it. “Yeah! That sounds fun!” he exclaimed. It’d been a few years since either of them had gone ice skating, let alone on an actual pond!

They met each other at the local shoe store, got some ice skates, and returned to the pond. Alex carefully went out and tested it first to make sure it was solid enough for skating. He turned around and gave Haley a thumbs up.

It took a bit for the two to remember how to ice skate…

51631953146_5d0c211527_c.jpg

51631953481_2b5d3f44d3_c.jpg

...but they were flying around in circles and enjoying themselves soon enough.

51631953326_1c2eb99ddb_c.jpg

A few days later, Haley was readying herself for the day when Alex called her. He told her that he’d been invited to go bowling with Sebastian, Abigail, and Maru and asked if she’d like to come as well.
    “No thanks babe,” she answered, curling the last strand of hair. “I’d just make the teams uneven.”
    “Oh...I guess so.”
    “No worries. I’ll just hang with Emily or something. Have fun!”
    “You too. See you later.”
    She half expected him to say “love you” in parting, but she wasn’t hearing that much from him anymore. Not since that night at the bar. She sighed.

It turned out that Emily was occupied, hanging out with Shane in their bedroom chatting while stitching up a new outfit.
    Ugh, the blonde thought, turning away from the door with a sigh. Maybe I’ll go see what Sam is up to. He’s always available. She smiled.

Upon entering the guy’s house, it was quiet. Everyone was out it seemed.

Until Haley stepped into the living area and heard some light strumming on a guitar behind one of the bedroom doors. Sam. Her eyes and smile lit up as she approached the door, turned the knob, and peeked in.

Sam was sitting in a chair, humming along with the tune he was playing, even throwing in a few words, and Haley’s heart melted at the sight. She quietly creeped into the room so as not to disturb and keep watching. Sam didn't even notice her presence. He was lost in the music.

51632183663_6bd6e320fa_c.jpg

My G*d he looks so hot! Haley swooned within herself, feeling her heart flutter, her breath growing heavy, and her brow perspiring. She couldn’t help it. There was just something about watching him play the guitar that turned her on like nothing else. There were plenty of things about Alex that would get her motor running, but this scene before her, right now...revved it up like a roaring classic car engine in an enclosed garage. Oh how she wanted to get closer to him, sit on his lap, and ask him to play a song for her, but no. That would be pushing the boundaries a bit. Part of her hated it. However, she thought, maybe there was another way to satisfy her desire that wouldn’t be considered inappropriate from a taken woman.

Sam finally looked up and got pleasantly startled by Haley’s gorgeous presence. “Holy sh**!” His fingers dropped from the strings.
    “I heard that…,” the blonde chuckled.

51632607239_a6b197b666_c.jpg

He shook his head with a grin.
    “And you had such a good streak going too…Your mom would be very disappointed.”
    “You caught me off guard, sneakster. How long have you been standing there?”
    “Not long,” She replied, inching closer.
    It was so hard to resist staring at her exposed cleavage in such a top. “You keep sneaking up on me while I’m playing.” He somewhat smirked. “Why do you do that?”
    “Because...I love to watch you play,” she sincerely replied. “Have I told you that yet?”
    “No,” he blushed, very much liking that.
    She stepped a little closer, clasping her hands together in front of her belly. “You know, I’ve always wondered how music can be made through strings. Could you show me how it’s done? Teach me how to play a couple of notes?” She smiled, her arms propping her b00bs up a bit.

Sam of course noticed. Ohhh yes...I’d be more than happy to show you. Anything...you...want..., he longingly thought, practically drooling. But he snapped out of it and said, “Uh yeah. I can show you a few things.”
    “Great!”

As he approached her, Haley could sense a hint of reluctance in his demeanor as he handed over his guitar to her.
    “So...this thing is my baby alright? Well...in this world anyway.”
    She chuckled.
    “Be very gentle with her.”
    The seriousness in his eyes was amusing.

51632810450_b7194cb44b_c.jpg

“Cause I don’t like the other guitar. It doesn’t connect to me the way this one does. So--”
    “Sam, chill. I’m not going to break it.” Then she added with a serious look herself for good measure. “I promise.”

51631135962_f037c797ee_c.jpg

He nodded. “I’ll go grab another chair.”

Soon he was showing her the basics of guitar playing; as well as he could from an appropriate distance. It wasn’t easy being a teacher. Not that Haley was a terrible student. In fact, she was catching on quite nicely. It was a pleasant surprise.

However he found himself wanting to correct her every move, while at the same time trying to protect his “baby” from a nail breaking off and getting caught in its strings or something.

51632607574_427cc5d215_c.jpg

He finally held a fist to his mouth to suppress his emotions.

“What?!” Haley noticed, finally expressing her annoyance. "Am I doing something wrong?"
    "No."
    “I’m being gentle!”
    “Sorry, I know you are, it's just…” He sighed. “I can’t properly show you how to play like this. Stand up.”
    She gave him a curious look as she did so and grinned while watching him kick the chairs out of the way.

“Here,” he began, standing behind her and carefully placing his hands; one on her waist and the other meshing with her fingers on the neck of the guitar. “You press your fingers down between the frets like this to create the proper sound. Now go ahead and pluck the string below.”
    The tune of middle C rang through the air. Haley smiled.
    “Good. Now position your fingers like this here and…”
    D rang through the air. Then he had her play E next.
    “Oooh! So COOL!” she squealed.
    “Yep,” he smiled as he gazed into her dazzling blue eyes. Being this close to her and touching her like this was intoxicating. Not to mention her stepping into his world and taking such an interest in it.
    “Okay, I wanna do it on my own now. Show me again.”
    With pleasure…

51631136152_1a4de497d7_c.jpg

Haley successfully played C, D and E all by herself and immediately jumped for joy. “I did it! Look at me! I made music! I can’t believe I did it!”
    “Yeah! You’re a natural,” he complimented. “Easy with the guitar though…” He held her down to the floor by her waist and soon their foreheads touched, gazing into each other’s eyes and smiling brightly.
    “I got it…,” she assured, gripping it tightly. It was difficult to look away from him, or step away.

They breathed upon each other in the passing seconds, lost in the moment. Sam’s hands began to wander, caressing her velvety soft waist and tummy, teasing her navel ring with his forefingers for a second.
    “Hey…,” she whispered.
    “Sorry...It’s cute.”
    She smiled, letting it go. “You really think I’m a natural?” she asked, continuing to stare, hoping to keep herself from inching any closer.
    “Yeah.”
    “You’re not just saying it to impress me?”
    “No.” He held her gaze in affirmation. “There’s a little musician in you. I saw it when you were singing karaoke at the bar.”
    “Oh puleeze,” she tittered.
    “I’m serious. You should explore more of it...”
    The corners of her lips quirked up. “Will you help me?”
    His heart pounded excitedly. “Absolutely.”

51632810895_292f0dac83_c.jpg

The breathing continued, growing deep. Haley closed her eyes and leaned in, touching his nose with hers. Sam did the same, pulling her waist in just a hair bit closer to his. Desire burned intensely on both sides. Their lips brushed for a split second.

Until…

They stopped themselves, their conflicted hearts aching in protest. Their eyes opened at the same time as they drew back. Sam released his hands from her waist, expelling a breath.

“Uh...here,” Haley said, handing him the guitar and brushing her hair behind her ears. “I’m gonna...step into the bathroom real quick.” And she promptly headed for the door.
    “Okay…”
    “You uh,” she turned around, rubbing at her collarbone this time, “still wanna hang out or…?”
    “I dunno…,” he slightly shrugged. “Maybe we should postpone guitar lessons for another day.”
    “Yeah,” she emotionally swallowed.
    “Well...go to the bathroom,” he encouraged with a smile, “then we’ll figure something out…”
    She nodded.

Haley didn’t really need to use the bathroom, just needed a moment alone to catch her breath. She held a hand to her contracting chest to calm her fluttering heart while staring at herself in the mirror, feeling something she never felt for a man before. Not even Alex. Was it love? She couldn’t be sure…

Back in Sam’s room, he sat down on the edge of the bed and slipped his face into his hands. He groaned in a lovesick fashion as he rubbed at his eyes and cheeks. Gosh, why does she have to be with Alex? And WHY am I such a good guy!? He blew out a sharp breath and then somberly shook his head as he stared at the wall.

“I love her.”

He was afraid he was going to have to suppress that love forever, forbidden to ever show it.

And he’d write all the songs in the world about it to ease the pain.

To be continued...

:blush:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited October 2021
    @emorrill

wow, girl!, I love all the poses you used on her.
    I'm terrible with sitting or lying in bed poses but you did wonderful work here!
    I see Hayley is starting to see Sam in another way,
    you did great on the shots with him.

Great of Alex to somewhat agree to help Shane, they seem to not bicker
    a lot atleast.

Great job

• meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill
    I'm glad Alex agreed to train Shane.
    Yeah, it's only fair that the doctor joins at the gym as well ;) .
    Lol, I see some competitiveness in the air :smiley: . Men!
    Glad it ended without anybody getting hurt.
    Who would have thought those 3 would start jogging together every day.
    I like the picture of Haley sitting on Alex beating him with the pillow. Looks so natural.
    Hot bed pose right under that :star: .
    Aww, another wonderful pose - the one where Hayley is lying next to Alex, holding her hand on his chest :love: . So romantic.
    Nice photos of Sam! Good job, Haley ;) .
    Sam and Haley seem to be really enjoying spending time together. They have a lot in common.
    Glad to see Haley trying to be a better person now. I think she's growing up.
    Looks like Alex and Maru are getting closer too...
    Doesn't sound very good that one of them has to be a test rabbit for new medicines :s , but I guess they have no other choice. I can't blame Alex for not being sure he wants to do it :# .
    Poor Maru! That ping pong ball must have hurt! :s
    I like that ponytail on Maru :blush: .
    Beautiful winter pics and an adorable bird <3 .
    Iceskating is one of the worst things I know - I will never forget the frozen toes inside those uncomfortable skates I used to have to use in school :s , lol. But I do like sending sims iceskating because it looks nice :blush: .
    Wow, that's definitely a sexy top on Haley. Can't blame Sam for having a hard time to not stare at it :no_mouth: .
    Lovely guitar poses :star: .
    Looks like Sam and Haley just went a bit over the appropriate level :s .
    I have a feeling Sam might not have to be so lovesick for long...
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Yaay for new chapter! :heart: I started reading it and then the Grand came and got busy with him. He's asleep right now. Early nap for him but I can finish reading and comment! :smiley:

Beautiful picture of the world. It made me brrr just looking at it. I could feel the cold. Or could it be that the temp dropped down to 58 over night here. :lol: It's actually not that cold in the house though.

I love seeing how Shane started becoming healthier and friendlier with Harvey and Alex. I laughed at their competition on the treadmills. Guys!
    So competitive and easy to manipulate that way. :lol:
    I was happy to see Harvey join in.
    Such a pretty world they are living in. The jog pictures are lovely.
    Food truck!! I do love having my sims grab a bite from one occasionally. I don't like it if they throw up. Poor Adam used to throw up all the time. :grin:

oh my, that was certainly not EA's tame pillow fight! :grin: Shame they are so in tune with each other sometimes and sometimes not. It really does make me think the relationship won't last.
    I do love those poses you found. You've really found some awesome ones that help flesh out the story pics.
    That was an untimely phone call but interesting that Alex continued to talk and agreed to meet her and Haley didn't get snarky with him. Nice surprise. Perhaps she is changing.
    I agree that men and women can be friends and it won't harm a relationship as long as they remain friends and don't push any boundaries. It depends on how strong the lovers relationship is. We already know that Haley is not fully invested no matter what Alex thinks.

Gorgeous pics of Sam posing for Haley. Looks like they are enjoying themselves.
    I love the byplay with Alex and Maru. Such opposites but they do bring out something in the other that is very likable. I think that is so important for relationships, bringing out the best in the other rather than the worst. Alex is learning more about himself through Maru's eyes and is trying to a better person and that is awesome.

Great pics of Haley taking pics of the Spotted Sixam. That is one critter I do like my sims to befriend when they find one.
    Oh wow. The training session between Haley and Sam is soooo hot!! I was like go for it, except I don't believe in that since she has a boyfriend. Ok! Time to wake up Haley and perhaps look at your relationship with Alex. It may not be what you really need.
    I need more! :smiley:
    Oh my gosh thank you three for the lovely comments. <3 They mean SO much!

I meant to write out some better replies to you tonight but I'm exhausted so I will in the morning. :kissing_heart:
    Good morning/afternoon ladies. :blush: It's nice to have some time on this early morning to "chat" with you before my early morning doctor appt.
    We're finally getting care established with a primary care physician here. 👍 I hope he's a decent, honest, and caring doctor (the kind I always wish for and seek out) so we'll see.
    I need me a Harvey. :smirk:

Anyhoo! :lol:

@Silverofdreams30
    wow, girl!, I love all the poses you used on her.
    I'm terrible with sitting or lying in bed poses but you did wonderful work here!
    ^Thank you sweetie. <3
    Yeah bed poses can be tricky, especially if the pose isn't set up to the height of the bed. You have to OMSP (which you said is confusing. And it can be). I'll share with everyone else what I shared with you:
    *I've discovered that the bed height with OMSP is UP 50 cm, UP 10 cm, and then UP 10 cm again.*
    Haley's definitely developing more affection for Sam. :smirk: It was always there, but she never really acted on it. Until now. I wonder why? ;):p
    I get the feeling Alex would love to train anyone. :lol: As long as they don't complain about the effort.
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3

@meerkattime Love your new, Halloweeny avatar pic. :blush:
    Yep, Harvey realized he was being a little...hypocritical and that's the last thing he ever wants to be. ;)
    Lol, I see some competitiveness in the air :smiley: . Men!
    ^Indeed. :mrgreen: Sometimes my man's manly antics can drive me crazy, but I know our woman antics drive them crazy too so...we love each other anyway. :blush: Can't live without each other.
    Who would have thought those 3 would start jogging together every day.
    ^Right? :) I've actually had the image in my head for a while now, thinking about Shane moving forward in his recovery and how well he'd get along with the others.
    Glad you liked the pillow fighting bed poses. And yeah that last one I thought was pretty hot as well. :smirk: (I'd love to throw Harvey and Penny in a pose like that. <3 Heck even Shane and Emily.)
    I make it a point to find the perfect poses for my simmies. :mrgreen: If any look off or don't snap right, I ditch them. As painful as that can be sometimes because some can be downright awesome looking. IF they'd work...
    Nice photos of Sam! Good job, Haley ;) .
    ^She says "thank you" in her high pitched, happy voice. :blush: I had some floor lighting shine on Sam in the Flame color and that really added a nice touch! 👍
    Doesn't sound very good that one of them has to be a test rabbit for new medicines :s , but I guess they have no other choice. I can't blame Alex for not being sure he wants to do it :# .
    ^Yeah, it's a conflicting situation for sure and frustrating too because they don't even know if it will be worth it - should sometime negative happen to someone - because they have no clue how long they'll be there. I mean, they could all leap out next week or next year! :neutral:
    I think many people can relate to Alex's response to Maru in regards to the COVID vaccine, you know? I know I was leery about it at first, cause I'm a worrier, but in the end I am eternally grateful for it. Anyway,
    I like the ponytail on Maru too. :blush:
    You got to go ice skating in school!? :open_mouth: I've never been ice skating before... I know, shocker. :lol: But it's true.
    Haley's top is so sexy! Wish I could rock it. :p
    I have a feeling Sam might not have to be so lovesick for long...
    ^Maybe not...
    Thanks for the lovely comments. I enjoy reading them very much. <3

@bekkasan I wondered if a two post update would make you extra happy. :mrgreen:;) You could call it a belated birthday present. :blush:
    58 is a nice temperature to me. :p Hee hee!
    I love seeing how Shane started becoming healthier and friendlier with Harvey and Alex. I laughed at their competition on the treadmills. Guys!
    So competitive and easy to manipulate that way. :lol:
    ^Yep. :blush: Men! It was incredibly fun writing out all their competitive and playful banter. :lol:
    AP is a pretty world. :) It's gorgeous in the Fall! I miss having mountains around though. ;)
    If I recall, one of the guys threw up eating from the food truck and I can't remember which one did. All I know is I was late catching it on camera. Then I thought, "Guess it wasn't meant to be to add it to the story." :p
    oh my, that was certainly not EA's tame pillow fight! :grin:
    ^Hee hee hee! :smirk: Nope! :lol:
    Shame they are so in tune with each other sometimes and sometimes not. It really does make me think the relationship won't last.
    ^ *Sigh* Yeah...
    I do love those poses you found. You've really found some awesome ones that help flesh out the story pics.
    ^Thank you. <3 I'm always on the look out for good poses that don't look terrible. Any you want, let me know and I'll SFS them to you. :kissing_heart: (That goes to any of the rest of you too.)
    Haley is changing. :) I wonder what's truly motivating her? Was it all because of Emily calling her out, or is it something (someone) else? ;) Hee hee.
    I agree that men and women can be friends and it won't harm a relationship as long as they remain friends and don't push any boundaries.
    ^Same. 👍
    I love the byplay with Alex and Maru. Such opposites but they do bring out something in the other that is very likable. I think that is so important for relationships, bringing out the best in the other rather than the worst.
    ^Yes! :star: And just what I was trying to portray. I'm very happy to read that you could see it. <3
    And Maru, while she already knows she's awesome, is looking within at ways she can be a better person - due to Alex's example - so that's some growth on her end too. :blush:
    I LOVE the Spotted Sixam because it has my two favorite colors and they - plus white - were also my wedding colors. <3
    I love that you thought the guitar lesson scene was so hot. :smirk: Success on my part! :mrgreen: I loved writing it.
    Ok! Time to wake up Haley and perhaps look at your relationship with Alex. It may not be what you really need.
    ^Yuuuup. Seems she has some soul searching to do.
    And is Alex feeling the same way or is he still wanting to fight for their relationship? That's the big question...
    ;)
    I will write more as soon as possible! :kissing_heart:
    Thank you for the lovely comments. They fill me with happy and confidence every single time. <3

@KevinL5275 I'm waiting for your thoughts. :smirk:;)

Gotta run! Don't want to be late with all the horrible construction traffic lately. Have a great day everyone. <3
    Whoops, sorry I was away from the board for a bit.

Wow, can't believe you're making Shane and Harvey exercise and work out, too. :D

Hot and heavy action between Alex and Haley. >:) Pardon me while I fan myself. :mrgreen:

Sam and Haley? Alex and Maru? Uhm ok, I know you have to continue the story and create drama, but sorry I don't see it. But I see Sam and Maru together even less, so..... You're the writer, its your story, don't worry about me. B)
    “What exactly is that thing that naked dude is trying to hold up?” Alex asked about a statue.

I laughed at this. Love it. <3

Haley is a photographer too? Or is this new?

Uhm, yes, nice top Haley. You got it, flaunt it girl. :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 I had a feeling you would enjoy the hot pillow fighting scene between those two. :smirk:
    Sam and Haley? Alex and Maru? Uhm ok, I know you have to continue the story and create drama, but sorry I don't see it. But I see Sam and Maru together even less, so..... You're the writer, its your story, don't worry about me. B)
    ^Hmm. I'll just have to show you how they will work then. :smirk:;)
    Thank you for being sweet. <3

Glad you got a kick out of Alex's statement there. :lol:
    Haley is a photographer in Stardew Valley, yes. I'm having her get back into it. :)
    edited November 2021
    Hey everyone. Time for more of Chapter 16. :blush: I don't think any of you care to hear my ramblings about the writing process :p so I'll simply say *Enjoy* and I hope it adds a little happiness to your day. <3

Continuation of Chapter 16...

In the last three months…

The days continued to fly by. Appaloosa had now become a frozen winter wonderland.

Relationships among the group continued to grow and flourish, not just between the couples.

“Okay, you can’t see this constellation in the Summer very well, but it’s high in the sky in Winter,” Maru informed Alex one night, adjusting the lens on the telescope in her bedroom. It was a pain trying to get a good look through the frosty window, but it was much too cold in the evenings now to view the stars from outside.

51665079485_cf96d1d6de_c.jpg

“Come check it out,” she beckoned, and stepped aside.
    Alex snapped out of his thoughts as he watched her and came over, carefully pressing his eye on the eye piece. “Oh. Wow.”
    “Isn’t it amazing? The ‘Creamy Way’ leaves a gorgeous backdrop!”
    “Oh it’s a gorgeous sight alright,” he agreed, going into a tease, “watching this lady android undressing in her bedroom a few houses down. Wowza!”

51664883284_a821913d50_c.jpg

Maru instantly rolled her eyes with a half smile. “You are such a je’rk!” she voiced. Typical Alex.

“You know, as cool as all this constellation stuff is, when are we going to do something fun with this chemistry station?” he asked with a cheeky grin, standing before it.
    “Uh, let’s see,” Maru pretended to think with one hand on her hip, “probably...never!”
    Alex whipped his head toward her. “What!? Why not?”
    She gave him a look of disbelief. “Really? Don’t tell me you’ve actually forgotten?”
    “Forgotten what?”
    Her head shook. “How you and Derek King almost blew up the entire science lab in 11th grade. Twice!”
    “Oh yeah…,” he laughed. He missed his buddy Derek, who hightailed it out of Pelican Town right after they graduated on a Gridball scholarship.

“I mean, getting the chemical combinations wrong initially I totally understand, but twice? Mr. Byers walked you two through it step by step the second time around! How could you sc'rew it up again?” At the time she thought it was just the two biggest jocks in school being reckless; as usual.
    “We felt kinda shaky alright? Our muscles were killing us after Coach ran us into the ground the day before.”
    “Then that’s what you both should’ve told Mr. Byers beforehand, instead of endangering the entire class. I mean, what if a surgeon had the same problem and decided to perform major surgery on you anyway? You think that would go well?”
    Alex snapped his mouth shut. He had nothing. She’d always outsmart him. “You’re no fun…,” he finally muttered, hopelessly staring at the table.

51664883649_f79fbb3eff_c.jpg

Maru sighed, feeling a little bad. “I guess I could give you a second chance,” she said, giving him a smile. “Now that you’re older and have more steady hands.”
    “And now that I have a better teacher,” he smiled in return. “You gotta admit Mr. Byers’ teaching style suc'ked. He’d just write everything on the board and expect everyone to understand it right away.”
    “True,” she nodded.
    “That’s not how I learn. I need one on one, hands on, learning.” His eyebrows shot up in surprise that he blurted that out. He never told anyone that before and just realized that maybe getting through school would’ve been much easier if he had.
    “Well,” she began, inching closer to capture his attention again, “I’ll be sure to use that teaching method with you.”
    “Thanks.” He smiled.

After that they couldn’t help sitting down and reminiscing about high school.

51665080580_96fd66525a_c.jpg

“Boy, we sure had a lot of classes together,” Alex realized.
    “We did.”
    He scratched at the back of his head, feeling regret. “Sorry I...uh...didn’t notice…”
    “It’s okay,” she shrugged off.
    “No...it’s not,” he stated, struggling to meet her gaze. He wanted to heartfully express more about it, but wasn’t sure how to without adding to the awkwardness.
    Maru understood and was touched by it. Changing the subject to something humorous felt like the right thing to do.

“Do you remember the time Shane’s Aunt Marnie was asked to substitute for the Sex-Ed teacher that one day?”
    “Oh gosh YES!” He smiled broadly, the memory instantly returning.
    “When Mayor Lewis knocked on the door and asked if he could come in to make an announcement and he saw her holding the condom and the banana and gave her a smirk. And she was blushing back at him!”
    Alex slapped down on the bedspread with laughter.
    “That was HYSTERICAL!”
    “It was! S**t,” he expressed, wiping a stray tear from his eye. “Ohhh I can’t believe I forgot about that too.”
    “Did you get the feeling in that moment that maybe those two had…”
    “Oh totally! They probably still are!”
    Maru gapingly smiled before laughing again.

One afternoon, after everyone gathered at the guy’s house to celebrate Sebastian’s birthday, it was snowing so fiercely that the girls had no desire to go out in it to return home. So they decided to stay the night there.

Sam and Penny were conversing on the couch, catching up, while Sebastian and Abigail cozied up by the fireplace.

Abigail slithered over her man and whispered sweet and alluring nothings to him as he affectionately stroked her cheek.

51663400932_e79f337f9d_c.jpg

That’s when Haley entered the room with her camera. “Aww, look at how adorbs you two look,” she addressed, snapping a picture.
    “Hey!” Sebastian cried, raising his hand up. “Don’t take pictures of me without forewarning!” He was very much a private man and Abigail couldn't help but chuckle at his reaction.
    “Sorry,” Haley expressed. “Sometimes I like to capture the random, non-staged moments of life.”
    “Fine, but leave me out of it!”

“Chill out Seb,” Sam said, coming over and shooting Haley a “I got your back” smile.
    She smiled appreciatively at him in return.
    “Oooh, you know what would be fun?” Abigail chimed in. “Photo op! We could do some really cute group poses.”
    “I guess…,” Sebastian muttered.
    “Great idea! I'm ready when you guys are!” Haley grinned.
    “Alright! Penny, come on over and join us,” Abigail beckoned.
    “Oh, uh, okay,” came the shy and unexpecting response. It felt good to be included in their tight trio.

Abigail swiftly orchestrated a pose and then got into position herself.

“Love it,” Haley said, turning the lens into focus. “Now hold still and...SMILE!”

51664437888_c24e0c1cca_c.jpg

51664437993_1885198aac_c.jpg

They did a few other fun poses as well. With all the flashes coming from the camera they felt like celebrities on the red carpet.

“OMG, that was totes fun!” Haley gleefully said with a clap. “Where’s everyone else? I wanna get photos of them too!”

She gathered the remaining four guys together and asked them to stand in front of the fireplace for a picture. “Strike a pose guys,” she ordered, readying her camera.

51664438188_2ef91c8cc2_c.jpg

“Awesome! Lookin’ cool and handsome!”

51664206576_8f554be455_c.jpg

When she asked the remaining three people to strike a pose, Emily and Leah happily did so while Maru just gave a simple thumbs up. She wasn’t the pose striking type.

51665081485_b1d3f16a08_c.jpg

Uh, okay. I guess that will do, Haley thought within herself.

51664206971_229939f68b_c.jpg

“Thanks everyone! I’ll get these developed soon so we can check them out.” If I can find a place...Guess I could set up a Darkroom if I need to. But I kinda don’t want to... It felt good for her to get back into photography. She’d forgotten how much she enjoyed it and also how good she was at it.

One evening, Harvey was getting all the ingredients ready to begin compounding a broad spectrum antibiotic when Maru burst into his room with a giant grin on her face. “It is finished!” she informed. “ALL of it!”
    “Oh?” he asked with an arched brow.
    “Yes!” she replied, swiftly approaching him. “I created a vital signs computer monitor, an EKG machine, a defibrillator AND...wait for it,” she paused with a grin, “a sphygmomanometer, AKA a blood pressure cuff!”
    Harvey’s eyes lit up. “WONDERFUL!” he excitedly expressed, giving her a high five. “Who’s the man!? Err--"
    I’M THE MAN!” Maru declared, pointing a thumb at herself.

51664207141_60b951bc99_c.jpg

Wow, she thought with a blush, that felt really good! The confidence in her abilities had become supercharged. Alex was right...

“Indeed! It’s great to hear you voice it,” Harvey told her with a beaming smile. “You are absolutely amazing Maru. I swear there’s nothing you can’t invent. There’s no way I could’ve done all this on my own without your help.”

51663401997_5ca71dfa0e_c.jpg

“Thank you,” she warmly expressed.
    “My mind is so much more at ease now. Thank you.”
    “You’re very welcome Harvey. I was happy to help…

51665082170_abe0a9949b_c.jpg

...I swear it’s like they were living in the dark ages over here when it came to some areas of medicine…”

51663402302_43f92d20d2_c.jpg

“Yeah,” he agreed with a furrowed brow, “which doesn’t make any sense since they are lightyears ahead of Stardew Valley when it comes to technology. Pun not intended, but,” he chuckled. Maru chuckled too. “Perhaps,” he sighed, “the residents will find the medicines and what you have invented here and use it after we’re gone.”
    “Yeah...if we ever get out of here…”
    “We will,” he assured, patting her shoulder. “I know we will. Just gotta keep your chin up.”
    She nodded.
    “Look at how much we’ve all grown in the past six months. It’s been wonderful to witness. I’m sure we’ll be heading home in no time.”
    “I hope so…”

51665082390_74155bbda7_c.jpg

“Well,” he sighed again, turning toward the science station, “I’ve got everything ready to begin the process of compounding the antibiotic. It’s a bit of an involved and lengthy process...the book says it can take up to three weeks to complete, especially if there’s mishaps.”
    “Wow. Seriously?”
    “Yeah, let me show you all that’s involved in it,” he paused, to pick up the thick pharmaceutical book from the table next to the science station.
    Maru scanned the page quickly. “Goodness. Makes me wonder if it’s really even worth the effort. No one’s gotten very sick so far...or bad enough to need an antibiotic.”
    “Luckily, yes, but it’s always good to be prepared just in case.”
    “Absolutely.”
    “And it gives us something to do.”
    “Oh for sure! I’d go crazy in this place without having something meaningful or productive to do…I dunno how the others keep their sanity.”

51665082055_e78a324140_c.jpg

Actually she had an idea of how they did, but she wouldn’t entertain those thoughts even for a second!

The Winter Festival had been calling out to each and every one of them since the beginning of season, but the snow and unbearable cold temperatures that came with it kept them from having a whole lot of desire to go. Winter in Appaloosa had to have been at least ten degrees colder than Winters in Pelican Town. Some were beginning to go stir crazy, so on a somewhat warmer day they all decided to hit up the Festival together; bundled up warmly.

Sure enough when they all arrived it started to snow, but there was no turning back now.

Harvey, Penny, Shane and Emily carpooled over together. As Harvey opened the door for the ladies in the back seat, Shane stepped out from the other side and said, “Hey Harvey, you got a little something on your face,” while scratching at the area on his own face.
    “What is it?”
    “That ridiculous mustache!”
    “Hey, I didn't make it handlebar style,” came the retort.
    “I asked him to grow it out,” Penny gladly informed Shane, then turned toward her love and said in a more romantic tone, “I’ve missed it.” She kissed at it and they blushed at each other.
    Harvey shot a quick, smug glance at Shane only to notice Shane give him an approving “right on man” nod for agreeing to his girlfriend’s wishes. He accepted it with a suppressed chuckle.

Everyone ran off to engage in whatever activity appealed to them first, while Penny slowly approached and gazed at the giant water fountain in the plaza expressing a breath of awe.
    Harvey smiled and wrapped his arms around her from behind.
    “They have a Christmas tree at the top of the fountain,” she admired. “I’ve never seen anything like that before. It’s beautiful!
    “It really is,” Harvey agreed, nuzzling her neck with his nose and then kissing it.

51664207776_d3b96c8fe9_c.jpg

“I love this time of year,” she expressed, turning around and taking his hands in hers. “When the world forgets about all the troubles and strife and gets lost in the spirit of giving. It’s so wonderful! Cheer and love abound, miracles occur, and children gleefully frolic around anxiously awaiting the arrival of presents; non stop it seems.” She chuckled, thinking of Jas and Vincent. “It reminds you that there’s still joy and good in the world, and that God is still present in it.”
    “I couldn’t agree more,” Harvey said while swaying their hands back and forth. “You know what I just realized?"
    "Hmm?"
    "This will be our first Christmas together.” His face beamed.
    “Yes, it is!” she grinned.

51664207916_712cc7d802_c.jpg

“I’m so glad I’m not spending it alone again.”
    “Me too…”

Harvey somberly nodded, knowing what she meant. Her mother would get drunk often during the holidays, neglecting her daughter and adult responsibilities in the process. There was only so much Penny could do to keep the spirit alive within herself, and to keep the home fires burning in their tiny camp trailer; almost literally. He witnessed it all during his first Christmas in Pelican Town - when he and Dr. Harris made it special for young Penny - and naturally seemed to catch a glimpse of it every year following. Nevermore, he thought. Because he would give Penny the life, luxury, and love she always deserved; from here on out.

“So what should we do first?” Penny asked, interrupting his thoughts.
    “Oh...umm, how about,” he glanced around, “ice skating?”
    “I was hoping you would say that,” she grinned happily.
    He grinned back. “Let’s do it.”

“Woo hoo YEAH Seb!” Sam cheered for himself while snowboarding, “I’m just as good at this here as I am back home!”

51664439733_6b1c5b73ee_c.jpg

51664439968_7eff3095c4_c.jpg

Whatever...He’s gonna biff it, Sebastian thought as Sam went into a rough landing.

51665083490_9f728b2e44_c.jpg

Oh, I guess not.

51664886974_f205fb1e14_c.jpg

Haley casually watched Sam snowboard from a not too distant area, greatly impressed - and turned on - by his skill and flips. She and Alex were getting ready to engage in a snowball fight with Elliott and Leah. It was hard to keep focus on the fight once they started.

51664887379_f1d8346fba_c.jpg

51664209336_2e693efa0d_c.jpg

But she still managed to pelt Leah a few times. Elliott was blasting Alex good!

51665084400_14f10e59fb_c.jpg

51664441463_535c5a64b7_c.jpg

Soon it was Sebastian’s turn to show Sam some "better" snowboarding skills. Though he always knew Sam would forever be better than him at it.

51665084690_dd8a0351b4_c.jpg

His flips were indeed impressive. He even gained some cheers from the snowball fighters down below.

51664210321_3fc94d680a_c.jpg

51665085150_1f3a53648b_c.jpg

Until he crash landed.

“Oooh!” Sam cringed from the sidelines.

51664442368_2e87414783_c.jpg

Sebastian painfully slid toward the edge of the halfpipe, on the opposite side of Sam. “Ouch! Da’mmit…”

51663405692_5ed9723d9c_c.jpg

“Seb are you alright!?” Sam called.
    “Yeah,” he hissed as he stood up and limped forward, “I’m fine...”

51664442793_0ac736c576_c.jpg

Meanwhile, on the other end of the Festival grounds, Abigail, Shane, Emily, Harvey, and Penny were having fun ice skating; when they weren’t slipping and falling. It took a couple of minutes for each of them to get the hang of it again. Soon they were all gliding around the rink with ease. Shane shot past them all like a rocket at one point.

51663406142_fee8520e52_c.jpg

“Aaaand once again I out-lap you on the ice just as much as on land,” Shane teased Harvey.
    “Give it a rest Shane…”

“Those two,” Emily laughed from behind, addressing Penny, “always teasing each other to mask the ‘bromance’ that is developing between them.”
    Penny giggled. “It’s cute!”

51665086150_2053bd7f85_c.jpg

Abigail took notice of Sam waving her down to come over to Sebastian's aid so she heeded the call and left the rink.

Shane and Harvey soon took their ladies into a twirl.

51664211741_8701a0897a_c.jpg

It was during that time that the clouds began to thicken, darkening the landscape. More snowflakes began to fall.

“Gosh it’s gonna get real chilly if this keeps up,” Harvey said while gazing up at the sky. It was nice that his glasses shielded his eyes from all the snowflakes.
    “Hopefully it will let up,” Penny said. “I don’t want to leave just yet…”
    “Me neither. But I also don’t want anyone catching a cold; or something worse…”
    Penny’s eyes widened. Frostbite. Hypothermia. She’d forgotten about those things so naturally her anxiety decided to make an entrance.

“You have snowflakes on your eyelashes,” Shane said to Emily with a fond look.
    “Oh I know! They’re piling on quick!” She tried to blink them off.
    “They make your eyes look gorgeous. Matching them with your snowflake earrings and necklace.”

51665086485_7364ac8c83_c.jpg

“Guess so, but they’re kinda driving me nuts!” She blinked again this time with a head shake.
    “I could kiss them off for you,” he smirked.
    “Oh Shane...you’re silly,” she expressed as he tenderly did so. “But very sweet.”
    “I don’t know what you’re talking about…”
    She grinned at him and decided to kiss away the snowflakes on his eyelashes as well.

When they first arrived at the Festival, Maru immediately went ice skating. It was one of her favorite things to do in Winter. But after Abigail, Shane, and Emily joined in, she didn’t feel like she could skate as freely as she liked so she stepped out of the rink just before Harvey and Penny decided to join. That would’ve made it all the more crowded!

For a time she watched all of them skate, but as soon as the couples became all “lovey dovey” with each other, she left. Plus she needed to find a place to take shelter from the impending snowstorm. She ran into Alex who was standing near the ladies bathroom.

“What’re you doing?” she curiously asked him.
    “Waiting for Haley. She just went in.”
    Guess I’m not going in there just yet.
    “I never know how long she’s going to be in there…”
    I can imagine… “You two having fun?”
    “Yeah. You?”
    “Not really. I'm kind of wishing the ice skating rink was bigger, but,” she shrugged.
    “What can you do?” he finished for her with a shrug.
    “Yep.”

51663406642_8e511824e7_c.jpg

A bit of a breeze picked up which naturally showered more snowflakes onto them. Maru rubbed at her arms. “Gosh it’s getting cold!
    “Yeah. I wish I had some earmuffs like you. My ears are frozen!”
    She chuckled at his face expression.
    “We should do something physical to warm up. Wanna make a snowman? I was going to ask Haley if she wanted to, but maybe she can help us whenever she comes out.”
    “Okay. I’ll gather some sticks and rocks for it.”
    “Cool. I’ll start on the base while you do.”

When Maru returned with the items, she blew into her hands and rubbed them together to warm them up. The pleather gloves she was wearing didn’t keep her hands as warm as she’d expected and she was beginning to wish she hadn’t agreed to build a snowman with Alex.

51664443948_76346d6b99_c.jpg

“Come down here and help me,” Alex asked, noticing her shivers. “You gotta move to get your blood flowing, then you’ll feel warmer. Trust me.”
    “Okay Doctor Harvey…,” she teased as she squatted down.

51663407052_e13b73a65d_c.jpg

“Alright. We wanna pack the snow down real good so the other two balls are resting on a firm foundation.”
    “Right,” she agreed.

Not long into the packing, their fingers overlapped each other's, somehow meshing together. It created a nice light warmth between Maru's icy fingers.

51664212776_ffb4fcbedd_c.jpg

Their eyes met when it happened, holding each other's gaze for a moment until Alex said, “Sorry,” and removed his hand. Their cold red cheeks hid their blushing.

“Alright,” Alex voiced again, standing up and stretching his back, “now it’s time to work on the midsection.”
    “This is where it gets tricky…”
    “Yep, but we got this!”

51665087865_fe98b1bfaa_c.jpg

Once he rolled the midsection up, Maru helped him lift it up onto the base. Then they started packing the snow down again, making sure each ball was well rounded.

That’s when Haley finally came out of the bathroom.

“Wow. Was I really in there that long?” she asked the two.

51664436208_091db77ba7_c.jpg

“Yep,” Alex frankly responded, creating a quick ball for the head and slamming it on top of the body.
    “Sorry babe...I had to pee and powder my face, what with the wet snowflakes messing up my foundation.”
    Maru rolled her eyes.
    “Plus I was freezing and needed to warm up.”
    “Don’t worry about it,” Alex dismissed. “Wanna help us finish the snowman?”

51664882219_48bab8d445_c.jpg

“Dress him up? You bet!”

Unfortunately for Haley though, once the snowman’s body was properly formed everything needed to dress it up magically appeared before their very eyes. It dazzled all three of them.
    “Well that was cool,” Alex commented as the sparkles disappeared.
    “Aww, the magic took the fun part away!” Haley whined.
    For once Maru actually agreed with Haley on something and nodded. So much for gathering those rocks and sticks...

51664203916_e17e7f1f4b_c.jpg

“It’s all good. You feel warmer now Maru?” Alex asked with a hint of a wink.
    “Yeah...a little bit.” She smiled.
    “Well it feels pretty nice in the bathroom so you should go in there and warm up if you need to,” Haley suggested to her.
    “Thanks. I’ll do that.”

“C’mon Alex let’s go check out the photo booth.”
    “Okay, but I wanna do some snowboarding afterward.”
    “Fine."

As Haley led him away by the arm, Alex turned and gave Maru a little goodbye wave. She waved in return and sighed before entering the bathroom.

----

The Winter Festival outing will continue later. ;)

I feel like throwing in this awesome song from Jimmy Eat World to conclude this part of the story. Just because. :blush: <3

A/N: I love finding an opportunity to include the names of people from my life into a story. :blush: Mr. Byers was the name of my high school Biology teacher and I went on to be his teacher's aid for the remainder of my HS years. A wonderful, funny, and personable man and I love him so much! He'll always hold a special place in my heart. <3 Last I heard he's still teaching! :grin: Oh and his teaching style was the BEST as opposed to Pelican Town's Mr. Byers. :lol:

Also I hope those of you who are familiar with Stardew Valley liked that I threw in the relationship between Lewis and Marnie that's so humorously hinted at in the game. :smirk: That was fun to do! :lol:
    Post edited by emorrill on
    @emorrill
    The green top with a side ribbon looks cute on Maru.
    Hehe @ Alex's comment about the android. Glad he got at least a half-smile on Maru's face :p .
    I hope Alex is going to be luckier with the chemistry table now that he's got Maru teaching him :# .
    At least Alex apparently hasn't been bullying Maru in school, just ignoring her :/ . Discussing the old times might still get a bit awkward...
    Fortunately they have funny shared memories too :smiley: .
    Happy birthday to Sebastian!
    A wonderful couple pose again - the one of Abigail and Sebastian in front of the fireplace :love: .
    Sebastian's reaction to Haley taking a photo of them is a bit surprising. I hadn't realized he's the private type.
    Cute group poses! :star:
    While Alex is not my favourite of your guys, I must say he looks great posing like that to the camera :love: .
    I love the golden top Haley is wearing. So pretty!
    Maru looks a bit lost with her thumbs up ;) .
    Sounds like Maru has been very busy working on the medical equipment :open_mouth: . Great job!
    Cute that Penny likes Harvey's mustache although I prefer guys without it ;) .
    Penny is so cute being so excited about Christmas :blush: . I'm sure their first Christmas together will be wonderful.
    The first picture of Sam snowboarding is awesome! :star:
    Ouch, that looks like a painful landing for Sebastian :s . Poor guy!
    Haley is really taking her time at the bathroom :# . I wonder if they get the whole snowman built before she comes out ;) .
    No, they didn't :p .
    Looking forward to seeing how their outing continues :blush: .
    Nice song!

@emorrill Yaay! Update. Such a great read and I enjoyed every minute of it. :heart:
    I love Maru's new look. Her hair is so cute in the side braid.
    I loved Alex teasing Maru when he was looking through the telescope.
    The memories from high school. Poor Alex is not a scientist, but he knows that.
    I like that Maru is willing to give him another chance when she realized he kinda felt sad about her saying no.

Sebastian and Abby look so cozy by the fireplace. Great poses!
    Love the photo op poses!
    Seb doesn't look the least bit happy even with Abby leaning all over him. Perfect face for him! :smirk:

I have to admit I'm glad not everyone talks like Haley with her 'adsorbs' and 'tote's'. Do some young girls really talk that way? I'm around old people more than young, but I know T and R and their friends don't chat like that. :lol:

If I wasn't already in love with Shane I would be now with his wink pose. :love:

Goodness! Maru came through with the equipment! I hope Harvey's experiment will go as well.
    Harvey's mustache is coming back! :grin: Please, please don't let it be a handlebar one! LOL I don't think you will though. :grin:

I love the winter festival pictures!
    Oh wow! Awesome pic of Sam snowboarding!! :heart: That was a great capture. Perfect face on him. He looks so relaxed and happy and excited all at one time. I wonder if he knew Haley was watching him. :wink:
    Haley sneaking a peek at him! :grin: She was!
    Ouch! Poor Seb with the crash.

lol at the 'bromance' It is good to see though. Shane needs a guy friend again that is strong and smart and sensitive enough to help him as he continues to recover from his years of alcohol abuse.
    Love the ice skating pics.
    Cute seeing Maru and Alex build a snowman.
    It was actually nice that Haley didn't say anything derogatory about Maru helping Alex, and agreed to help finish the snowman. Perhaps she is changing finally. :wink: I knew you would eventually make me think she was changing. :grin:
    Cool song, never heard of 'em. :lol:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Wonderful update, you always find the great kinds of
    poses, these photoshoots are amazing!.
    They seemed to have a great time outdoors.
    The stargazing photos are wonderful!, I love how all the friendships
    are growing deeper between everyone.

Great update!
    edited November 2021
    @meerkattime Glad you got a kick out of Alex's comment while looking through the telescope. :lol: I had to! (See my comment to bekkasan on more of that. ;) )
    At least Alex apparently hasn't been bullying Maru in school, just ignoring her :/ .
    ^True. In my imagination he and his jock buddies would tease and make fun of her and the other smart kids, but not in a bullying way. Some might've been more bully-like but I didn't imagine Alex as one of them. (Because he had been bullied by his own Father...)
    I love that pose of Seb and Abigail in front of the fireplace too. <3 So romantic!
    Sebastian's reaction to Haley taking a photo of them is a bit surprising. I hadn't realized he's the private type.
    ^Oh? :confused: He's an introvert so they like their privacy and they're pretty shy about being the center of attention. Players of Stardew Valley tend to view him as the Emo type and he's somewhat portrayed as such. That was kind of a personal, "lovey" moment with his girl and if it were me, I would've reacted in the same way if someone whipped out a camera on us. Of course I hate it when people take my picture in real life anyway. :joy: So I would've reacted in that way no matter what was going on.
    While Alex is not my favourite of your guys, I must say he looks great posing like that to the camera :love: .
    ^I'm with ya on that. :love:
    I have Silverofdreams30 to thank for the shimmery golden top Haley is wearing. :mrgreen: LOVE! <3 Saw it on one of her sims and told her I HAD to have it! :p
    Here ya go if you want it. :blush:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/up-all-night-top/id/1166745/
    Sounds like Maru has been very busy working on the medical equipment :open_mouth: . Great job!
    Yep, Maru is awesome. :star: A legit genius. :)
    Oh I prefer men without mustaches too! :lol: Or any facial hair really, but hubby has kept his (short) beard for a while now and I've sorta had to get used to it. ;) If he ever tries to grow it out like the Duck Dynasty guys he's gonna get it from me! :grimace: Yuck!!! (Seriously what is with men wanting to sport the long, shaggy beards these days?? Growing up in my church men were always asked to be clean cut and shaven and even THEY are growing it all out. I'm like... :confounded: ) Anyhoo!
    Hee hee, thank you for all the sweet compliments. I always love reading your comments. <3<3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :blush: I hope to start writing more soon today.
    (Your comment on the main thread about how I posted my story update the same time you posted your comments made me smile. :blush: )

@bekkasan
    Yaay! Update. Such a great read and I enjoyed every minute of it. :heart:
    ^I'm so glad to hear it. <3 I had to give you something to help lift your spirits. :kissing_heart:
    Hee hee, I couldn't help having Alex tease about checking out some woman undressing through the telescope. :lol: Whenever sims freak out over something they saw through it I always imagine that they caught a not so great view of someone nekkid in their house. :joy:
    Seb doesn't look the least bit happy even with Abby leaning all over him. Perfect face for him! :smirk:
    ^You know, I totally thought the same thing! :lol: We're so alike. ;)
    I have to admit I'm glad not everyone talks like Haley with her 'adsorbs' and 'tote's'. Do some young girls really talk that way?
    ^It's mostly portrayed among young girls in movies and TV shows, but I figure real people - Diva girls basically - are saying it out there. They are just few and far between and aren't people that would ever be within in our circle of friends. :p (You know, in the circle of normal people. :lol: ) In the "Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse" episodes she and her friends talk like that ALL the time! Haley is like a snotty Barbie to me, so I had to incorporate that speech into her. :joy:
    If I wasn't already in love with Shane I would be now with his wink pose. :love:
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen:<3 All the guys look hot in that photo, even Elliott when he's the one I'm the least attracted to. :p I'm glad it turned out better than the original. ;);)
    Harvey's mustache is coming back! :grin: Please, please don't let it be a handlebar one! LOL I don't think you will though. :grin:
    ^Oooh, so you like Harvey with the mustache too? :grin: (Actually, I think I remember you telling me that now that I think of it...) You would be right...the handlebar will NEVER return! It has died in the eternal fires of H*ll! :mrgreen:
    Oh wow! Awesome pic of Sam snowboarding!! :heart: That was a great capture.
    ^Thank you. :blush: He's very confident in his abilities (he's a skateboarder in Stardew). And I'm sure he knew Haley was watching and wanted to show off for her. :smirk:
    I know...I felt so bad for Seb when he crashed like that. :cry: You never like to see your simmies getting hurt.
    Shane needs a guy friend again that is strong and smart and sensitive enough to help him as he continues to recover from his years of alcohol abuse.
    ^Exactly!!! :star:<3 Took the thoughts right out of my head. :blush:
    It was actually nice that Haley didn't say anything derogatory about Maru helping Alex, and agreed to help finish the snowman. Perhaps she is changing finally. :wink: I knew you would eventually make me think she was changing. :grin:
    ^ :mrgreen::blush:<3
    When you take the time to get to know her character in Stardew Valley, she actually has a good side to her. And a fun side too apparently. ;) I don't think I ever would've taken the time to get to know her better...Or Shane. :( *sigh*
    But anyway, yeah they are all changing for the better. :blush: Kinda makes you wonder if that was all part of the Wizard's plan in sending them there. ;) Or is it something more? :smirk:
    Cool song, never heard of 'em. :lol:
    ^LOL! :lol: I'm not surprised. ;) Ask T if he remembers them. They were popular for a time in my high school days. That song was released in 2001. So I was a Sophomore. :) That means he must've been in...6th grade?
    Thank you again for the sweet and humorous comments. I loved them! They brightened my morning. :kissing_heart:

@Silverofdreams30
    Wonderful update, you always find the great kinds of
    poses, these photoshoots are amazing!.
    ^Thank you so much chica. <3
    I aim to find great poses. :mrgreen:
    I love how all the friendships are growing deeper between everyone.
    ^Me too. :blush:
    Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the comments. <3
    Sophomore in 2001? (sigh) I think I remember you being 10 years younger than me. My best friends are also 10 years younger and its funny to listen to the generation gap between me growing up in the 80's and them in the 90's :mrgreen: Its even better to beat them at 80's Trivial Pursuit. LOL

*definitely* heard of Jimmy Eat World, but they only had one or two popular songs.

Love how you incorporate their SV backstory into your story. I just wish I got the jokes sometimes. :D

Thank you for sharing the link to Haley's top, it DOES look great.

I would use my sims wishes to go to the park, or the club, or where ever, to build my story back when I used to do stories too.

No, don't change Haley, need more snark from her. :tongue: She reminds me of Chloe from Miraculous Ladybug, she's so comically self-centered I laugh all the time.
    @KevinL5275 It's funny that you're 10 years older than me because it seems like you're around the same age as me. :p
    Hubby is the KING of Trivial Pursuit! :star: And he would totally kick my butt at the 80's one, while I like to think I'd kick his at the 90's one. :p But because he's King, he'd probably still roast me. :joy:
    *definitely* heard of Jimmy Eat World, but they only had one or two popular songs.
    ^Yeah they really only had a couple of big hits didn't they? I always thought their band name was a weird one and I remember looking it up online back in the day to find out why they went with that name:
    The band's name came from a crayon drawing made after an incident between Linton's younger brothers, Jim and Ed Linton, who fought frequently. Jim usually won, but Ed sought revenge by drawing a picture of Jim shoving the Earth into his mouth; the picture bore the caption "Jimmy eat world".
    Funny!

You're welcome about the shiny top. :blush:
    Love how you incorporate their SV backstory into your story. I just wish I got the jokes sometimes. :D
    ^Thanks. :blush: It's fun to do.
    Hee hee, yeah. ;)
    No, don't change Haley, need more snark from her. :tongue: She reminds me of Chloe from Miraculous Ladybug, she's so comically self-centered I laugh all the time.
    ^Oh don't worry, I'll keep her true to herself. ;)
    She IS a lot like Chloe from Miraculous. :lol: Ha ha! Daughter found that show and started watching it and at first I was thinking it was going to be real lame, but it's actually pretty good. :) (I'm sure you thought the same, maybe? ;) )

Glad you enjoyed the update. :)
    edited November 2021
    Yes, my 8 year old niece got us into it. Its really good, especially the most recent season. Looks like they got a budget increase. :)

I think Craven likes it too, he was one of the original fans and posted about it, including making a sim.

Yes I'm physically old but mentally I'm quite younger. :mrgreen:
    Here's more my friends! :mrgreen: It's quite picture heavy...sorry. Some pictures I just can't seem to leave out. ;) Enjoy! <3

Continuation of Chapter 16...

In the last three months…back at the Winter Festival...

After a long cuddle and a few soothing words from Abigail, the pain from Sebastian’s crash landing subsided. There wasn’t anything his girl couldn’t make better for him.

“I swear someday I am going to learn how to heal people through my magic,” Abigail told him.
    “That would be amazing babe!”
    “Put Harvey out of business...,” Sam chortled, mostly joking.
    “No,” Abigail kindly objected. “I could never do that to him.”
    “Maybe you could have a partnership with him,” Sebastian suggested. “Modern medicine combined with magic. That would be pretty sweet actually.”
    “Yeah,” she agreed, looking thoughtful. “Harvey might think so too. I’ll have to approach him about it someday...when I master that kind of magic of course.” After being under the tutelage of my dad, she grinned.

“Hey,” Sebastian addressed them both, standing up from the bench. “Let’s see if we can catch some snowflakes on our tongues! There’s so many falling right now…”

51687222641_cf5ccc86e9_c.jpg

“I’m down with that! Come on Sam!”

When that got boring, the three took notice of a very small “pond” off to the side of them.
    “That’s too small to be a pond,” Sam noted. “It’s gotta be a puddle that froze over from all that rain we got at the end of Fall.”
    The couple shrugged.
    “Dare me to walk on it?”

51687905029_7295b4931b_c.jpg

Just when he asked that, the sun began to peek through the thick clouds, illuminating the entire area and warming it up a touch. The snowfall even slowed.

“Wow,” Abigail admired. “That’s nice. Now we can see better and not feel so cold!”

51687498643_b4bd5da6ff_c.jpg

Little did she know that while her attention was drawn to the sudden change in weather, Sebastian and Sam were silently planning something through their eyes and nodding at each other.

“On the other hand,” Sam countered to his previous question, “we could just toss Abby onto it and that will let us know pretty quickly if it’s frozen or not.”
    “What?” the girl asked, but before she knew it, Sam grabbed her by the arms while Sebastian gripped her ankles. She screamed, which caught the attention of Harvey and Penny nearby.

51687498883_e6dfb628d0_c.jpg

“HEY! PUT ME DOWN! Oh my gosh! SAM DON’T YOU EVEN!” she yelled at him.
    Sam just laughed.
    “SEB!”
    “I dunno...sounds like a good idea to me,” he answered her with a wink, the two beginning to swing her back and forth to gain some force.
    “Noooo!” she cried through a grin, playing along. “You wouldn’t!”
    “Oh yes we would!”
    “No! Ahh!” she squealed this time, trying to wriggle out of their grasp. “My stomach tickles! Eeek! Help me! Someone save me since my boyfriend won’t!”

51686436822_b37a0467a3_c.jpg

“Don’t you two dare!” Harvey sternly addressed, coming onto the scene.

51686436617_341a5c82f0_c.jpg

“Chill out Harvey,” Sebastian said under a chuckle, “we’re just horsing around. Do you think I’d actually throw my girl onto a frozen pond?”
    “Sometimes I don’t know what to expect from you two…,” came the answer.
    “What’s that supposed to mean?” Sam asked in a tone of offense.
    But Sebastian ignored it. “We’re just teasing! Cause Abby is super fun to tease.”
    “It’s true Harvey,” the hanging girl admitted, “they find opportunities to tease me all the time, but thank you for coming to my rescue anyway.”
    Penny giggled.
    Harvey just shook his head with a sigh.

Sebastian soon carried Abigail away from the pond - Sam following - giving her a few kisses as he did.
    “You know I would never, ever do something like that right?” he asked while setting her down.
    “Yes,” she lovingly grinned, then put on a serious look. “But you’re gonna have to be extra careful now since you know I’m a witch and if you do anything to hurt or anger me I can just throw a nasty spell at you like THIS!”

51687500078_74cfca2cdf_c.jpg

Sebastian didn’t have any time to react before he was floating in the air, a look of utter fear written all over his face. Sam laughed out loud.

51688127100_aa9058537e_c.jpg

Little did Sebastian know that all she cast on him was a “love charm,” but no matter. Two could play at the teasing game. Sam’s guffaw was beginning to annoy her.

“Oh you think that’s funny, pretty boy? The same applies to you!” She cast her hands towards him.
    “Wait, wha--”

51686437287_02ef97c136_c.jpg

Sam’s arms flailed around as the magic elevated his body, did its work, then set him down. Abigail suppressed a laugh.
    “What did you do to me!?”
    “Oh you’re fine...it’s just a simple ‘good luck’ charm. But remember, that was a warning spell. Next time it might not be something pleasant,” she winked.
    “A good luck charm? Sweet!” I sure could use some luck… He couldn’t deny thinking about Haley in that moment.

51686437462_8642f7c1f7_c.jpg

“So...what was it you cast on Seb then?” he asked.

“Oh my dearest Abigail,” came the voice of his best friend, in a higher and airy tone than usual, with his hands clasped upon his heart. “My heart beats wildly for you my bonny, purple-haired, witch...it pines for you when you are not in my arms.”

51687224986_e206105ab4_c.jpg

“Oh puleeeeze…,” Sam whispered with an eye roll. Since when did he turn so sappy?

“Prithee warm my heart with your presence my dearest. It grows colder by the minute in this frozen landscape; I just cannot bear it! Come to me my love. Oh prithee come to me!”

51687225191_e459ea5e68_c.jpg

“Oh Seb,” Abigail lovingly chuckled, holding a hand to her heart, “this is so not you...and I’m not sure if I really care for it...but of course I will come to you!” And with that she pulled him into a deep and passionate kiss. True love's kiss would break the love charm.

"Oh, I see," Sam realized.

As soon as moans started being expressed, he felt all the more uncomfortable being around the kiss. “Alright you two, get a room.”

51687225371_3367389832_c.jpg

Meanwhile, shivering Elliott and Leah hurried over to the concession stand to order some hot cocoa.

51687907984_8ac59e4e01_c.jpg

“It’s so cute to watch the ‘kids’ play, isn’t it?” she joked again with Elliott as they watched and sipped.
    “Sure is,” he replied, “though I’d prefer to be watching our own children…”
    “Oh you…I know.” She sighed. “Someday.” Hopefully soon...back home.

51688128100_0430616c2e_c.jpg

They chuckled watching Alex and Haley humorously conversing with an android security guard. It was apparent the two were having some crazy fun messing with it.

Some happy voices could be heard from behind them as Sebastian, Sam, and Abigail made snow angels.

51687227181_68118561d6_c.jpg

And to the right of them was Harvey, Penny, Shane, and Emily engaging in an intense snowball battle.

51687226041_77905aacc8_c.jpg

51688128305_1a68d02c2e_c.jpg

“Oooh! Did you see Penny whack Shane with that one?” Leah grinned. “Sounded like he got the wind knocked out of him.”
    “I did!” Elliott gaped. His heart thumped nervously at the sight for some reason, but he quickly figured out why. “I shudder to think how the old Shane would’ve reacted to that…”
    “Pfft! She wouldn’t be anywhere near the old Shane, let alone chuck a snowball at him!”
    “True.”

“Oh you’re gonna pay for that one Penny…,” Shane teased, raising his snowball.

51687226341_392667b515_c.jpg

He felt it was a pretty good launch.

“Ha! Missed me!”

51688128960_36c9763b4a_c.jpg

Da’mmit. Next thing he knew Penny was chucking one back at him. He dodged it just in time.

“Not this time girl!”

51687908574_f702686c4c_c.jpg

“Aww…,” Penny whimpered, but smiled.

Harvey knocked Emily down onto her bum with a good throw…

51687502413_28b9c965f6_c.jpg

51687502023_253ffa8145_c.jpg

...which she was not happy about so she fired the biggest snowball she had back at him.

A perfect hit! Though she was hoping it would have knocked him down onto his bum too.

51687502503_b805c862c4_c.jpg

“Get ‘im babe,” Shane winked at her.

The activities caused many of them to get wet, which along with the freezing air, chilled them to the bone. Sniffles could be heard left and right. Harvey suggested they all sit down by the fire pits to warm up and relax. No one opposed to that; in fact it sounded downright divine!

“Hurry it up Sam!” Abigail ordered through chattering teeth, shivering so much that she was finding it a struggle just to sit down.
    “The fire won’t freaking start!” he replied in frustration. “The kindling in here su’cks!”
    “I’ll go look for some better kindling,” Maru offered. “I think I saw a pile of old grass clippings next to the dumpster that haven’t been touched by the snow.” She quickly went to go fetch some.
    “Thanks Maru.”

51687227376_2575f55cf9_c.jpg

They had a roaring little fire going in no time. The warmth it provided soothed the sting of the cold and they were able to relax and carry on some pleasant conversation with each other.

Sam and Haley talked and laughed hysterically while the same went on between Alex and Maru. The four seemed completely oblivious to Abigail and Sebastian's presence. It caused the couple to shoot some curious glances at each other as they listened.

51687227616_b7e19bd030_c.jpg

Back at the other fire pit, Shane returned to the group from the concession stand and told them they had marshmallows for roasting. “I grabbed a bag for all of us and some sticks. So whenever you all feel like roasting some," he raised the bag, "here they are,” and placed it down beside him. “I’m roasting mine now.”
    “That was sweet of you Shane,” Emily thanked with a smile.
    “Yes, thank you Shane,” Penny added. “Those smell good already.”
    “You’re welcome. Too bad they didn’t have the fixings for s’mores…”
    “Maybe they don’t know what s’mores are in this world,” Harvey expressed.
    “If so they don’t know what they’re missing,” Leah stated, making everyone nod in unison.

51688130770_63dcb0243a_c.jpg

Eventually they all started roasting marshmallows, except for Leah and Harvey who stood up to warm their hands and bottom.

51686441862_39d64ab2fa_c.jpg

“Hey there cute tushie,” Penny whispered to Harvey with a smirk.
    Shane overheard and shook his head while saying, “Gross!”

51687911144_98b454b7f1_c.jpg

“Hey!” Sam called from the other group. “You guys got marshmallows? Can we have some?”

Now everyone in the other group was roasting marshmallows as well, except Alex and Maru who got up at the same time to warm their hands before doing the same.

51687911354_ae56f71d03_c.jpg

“You really have the worst gloves in the world there dontcha?” he asked.
    “I do. They must be formal gloves or something. Better than nothing.” She shrugged.
    “True.”

He wanted to offer his gloves to her, but then he would be left without. I know my hands won’t fit in those awful, girly gloves! Even if I wanted them to wear them!

Once everyone was all warmed up, they headed right back to the festivities. Harvey stayed at the fire pit with Penny, of course, as she was still enjoying some marshmallows.
    “You want another one?” she offered him.
    “No thanks. I’m alright.” He smiled, then sighed as he watched the others disappear into the various different areas of the festival.

51687911549_f7ecc5990c_c.jpg

“Life here has been going so well for all of us lately, and it’s truly been wonderful,” he expressed, leading into a foreboding tone. “But why can’t I shake the feeling that this is the calm before the storm…”
    Penny finished chewing before answering. “I don’t think that's the case,” she comforted. “I think this is the calm that is leading us right into completing the quest and transporting home.” She always tried to think positively since her panic attack to keep her worrisome thoughts away.

Harvey was trying to as well - and for the most part he felt the same way she did - but sometimes the weight of leadership makes it difficult to not consider all possible scenarios and outcomes. He still made a promise to bring all of them home safely and darn it he was going to hold true to that! But with such a promise, comes great responsibility. The kind a single man cannot bear alone. Cannot do alone. And sometimes things happen that are just out of the realm of his control. He knew it, but wasn’t quite willing to accept it.

“I hope you’re right,” he sighed.

51688131785_55be3ef66a_c.jpg

Over at the snowboarding halfpipe, Shane and Emily stood before it for a moment, debating within themselves.
    “I wanna give it a try so bad, but I’m kinda scared…,” Emily admitted.
    “I’m a little nervous too,” Shane admitted also, but only ever to her. “I got into it for a bit when I was thirteen, but,” he paused, “I never kept up with it. Mostly cause I just...forgot about it…”
    Emily knew his thoughts and rested her cheek on his shoulder.
    “Let’s see how much I remember.”
    “Okay, but please be careful,” she lovingly implored.
    “I will,” he assured, giving her a peck on the lips.

As he ascended the ladder, Emily gave him a little cheer. “You got this babe!”

51687229806_77ee01f531_c.jpg

Shane took in a few breaths as he readied himself for take off. Alright, show Emily what ya got! It’ll come back to you, it always does. You DO got this! You’re not gonna crash. You never did before, cause you’re flippin’ awesome! Remember that! Plus you don’t want to give Harvey another reason to play doctor on you…, he ended with a sour look. “H**L no.” He shook his head to swish the thoughts away and took off with confidence.

He gained some good air on the first flip. Emily's dazzled heart fluttered.

51687912174_ebbcd1fe49_c.jpg

“Oh yeah, I still got it.”

51687912334_9d41fc953a_c.jpg

“WOO HOO! Look at you go Shane! WOO! You’re amazing!”

Having Emily as his cheerleader in life now, made it so much easier to succeed at everything.

51687505758_e7c14eb751_c.jpg

One epic flip made Emily feel especially nervous. Oh Lord, please bless him to land safely. I don’t want my sweetheart getting hurt…

51688132695_920d658313_c.jpg

Sure enough Shane didn’t crash at all. A coincidence? Not at all.

It was high time for a meal, in Harvey, Penny, Sebastian, and Abigail’s minds, so they gathered at the concession stand to see what was available and sounded good to eat. The men let the ladies order first.

51687913749_44835a3cbb_c.jpg

They sat at one of the tables underneath the pretty, lighted gazebo and enjoyed each other’s company while they ate.

Meanwhile all the others took to the skating rink. Maru still didn’t like how crowded it felt, but it was nice to converse and laugh with the others. It really made the activity all the more enjoyable.

51688133470_0ee9edb7ac_c.jpg

Emily eventually found the courage to give snowboarding a try when Shane was done and did pretty well considering it was her first time. Shane was thoroughly impressed; and turned on. That’s my girl.

51687913134_be4dafeee8_c.jpg

51688133185_c875c91601_c.jpg

He might’ve said a similar prayer to Emily’s at one point as he watched her prepare to go airborne.

51688132880_5487a88888_c.jpg

It was a sticky landing and scared Emily enough to decide that she was done. Shane was very proud of her for facing her fear and expressed as much.

When sunset arrived, Elliott and Leah left the rink to grab some dinner. Sam and Haley held hands and twirled together on the ice; practically lost in each other’s eyes. The smiles and laughs they were exchanging seemed extra bright and extra giddy to someone who was casually watching. Purely genuine. Haley even seemed like a completely different person; in a good way.

51687231696_6d41c69ca8_c.jpg

It caused Maru to pause and wonder for a moment, developing concern over how Alex might feel coming back from the bathroom and witnessing the two so close together like that. She knew Sam and Haley were hanging out more together - as she and Alex were too - but it was only because they were friends. However, watching those two looking at each other in such a way, she began to fear that maybe Haley was beginning to reciprocate Sam’s feelings for her. And that would not bode well for Alex.

Thankfully, Sam and Haley broke their twirl just before Alex came back to the rink.

“Hey babe,” Haley addressed him, coming to the edge of it. “I’m freezing my butt off! You wanna warm up with me by the fire pit?”
    “Umm,” he paused, looking over at Maru. Maru wasn’t sure why he did. He wanted to skate some more, but remembered Maru saying earlier how much she wished the rink was bigger and he finally figured out what she had meant by that. He decided to allow her to have the rink all to herself. “Yeah, that sounds nice,” he replied to Haley. “I’m cold too.”
    “I’m gonna go see what Seb and Abby are up to,” Sam told them while exiting the rink, ever staying nonchalant in their presence. “See ya guys!”

How nice, Maru thought with a grin, I finally have the rink all to myself.

It was mesmerizing watching Maru and all the spins she was doing, in the faint evening light with snowflakes falling all around her. Landing like an Olympic champion with such form and...beauty. Alex struggled to keep his attention on Haley while she gabbed on and on about photography and winter fashions. He couldn’t figure out why Maru was continually impressing him with her skills and he wished he’d seen all these amazing things about her long before now. Teenage Alex never knew what he’d been missing in his life.

Just then, one of Maru’s spins resulted in a failed landing and she expressed a yelp during the fall.

“Oh sh**!” Alex cried, bursting from his chair. “Maru fell on the ice!” He didn’t wait for Haley to respond, he bolted straight towards her.
    “Hey!” Haley expressed, watching him go to Maru’s aid. She wanted to follow, but really didn’t feel like venturing away from the warm fire and getting her pants wet again. Alex has got this, she thought, turning back to the fire, he’s familiar with sports medicine I’m sure. She was surprised Harvey didn’t notice or hear Maru fall. That seemed strange. He always seems to have a radar for that sort of thing…

“You sure your ankle isn’t sprained?” Alex asked Maru as he tenderly helped her up onto her feet.
    “Yes,” she smiled. “I’ve seen many a sprained ankle at the clinic. It just got twisted a little. It’s fine. Really.”
    “Okaaay, if you say so. But I’m not going to let you go until the wobbling stops.” He chuckled.
    “Okay,” she chuckled in return. Since when did he become so sweet?

51688133895_bc80d177e2_c.jpg

“You skate like a champ you know,” he said after a minute of silence.
    “Oh goodness, I wish!” she dismissed. “But thank you.”
    “So did you take some ice skating lessons or do you geniuses not require lessons for anything?”
    She laughed. “Sometimes we do, oftentimes we don’t.”
    “Lucky a$$...”
    “Excuse me?”
    “Sorry, I didn’t mean that to be rude. It’s just…so not fair that the rest of us have to work super hard to be good at stuff in life while people like you easily ride through it.”
    “Wellll…,” she paused, choosing her reaction carefully. “I know one thing that we all have to work super hard at to achieve; that doesn’t come easily to anyone.”
    “What’s that?”
    She held a grin for a long moment before replying, “The perfect body.”

There was the widened, handsome smile she was expecting. “Gah. Once again you got me. Good one!”
    “Thank you.”

51687231921_a99d859e01_c.jpg

The two gazed into each other’s eyes for a moment, neither knowing how much the other’s heart was fluttering. When Maru realized Alex was giving her the same eyes Sam and Haley had given each other, her stomach tightened, her heart slowed, and the ache in her ankle suddenly returned.

She slipped and fell again, taking Alex with her. “Ow!” the man cried, falling hard on his bum.

51686445252_76edd058c4_c.jpg

“Oh gosh, I am SO sorry!” Maru expressed. “Are you okay? Do you need help up?”
    “No, I got it. Plus I don’t want you putting any more weight on that questionable ankle.”
    “Guess it might be a little sprained after all...huh?”
    “Yeah most likely.”

51687507593_50bd4507df_c.jpg

He took her hands again once they stood to keep her from falling again. “How about we have Harvey take a look at it okay?”
    “Yeah. Sounds good.” Whew…

51686445542_e104876a7d_c.jpg

Meanwhile while Haley was continuing to keep warm by the fire, Sam approached, turned around, and pointed his bum at it. “Ahhh,” he breathed. “That feels nice.”
    Haley glanced down at his cute bottom with a smirk. “You have a really nice a$$.”
    “Yeah…I know,” came the smug response.

51688134525_4682c78716_c.jpg

For that, she spanked his bottom.
    “Hey!” He broadly smiled at her.
    “Keep your butt away from my fire! The last thing I need is for you to fart and shoot flames at my beautiful hair!”
    “What!?” he laughed. “Did you actually just say that!?”
    “Yeah! You guys are always full of farts and never hesitate to crank one off! Especially when you’re pointing your butt at something!”
    Sam heartily laughed again, almost wishing he had a fart brewing and ready to go. Perhaps that would impress her, after getting over her disgust by it of course. That would be SO awesome!

After taking a quick look at Maru’s ankle, Harvey suggested that she head home and keep off of it for the rest of the evening. Everyone else decided it was a good time to head home as well. It was getting dark and very very cold.

“Before we go,” Harvey said, turning towards Penny. “Let’s get our picture taken together at the photo booth.”
    “Alrighty.”

51687914904_6383a91334_c.jpg

After getting two copies of their lovely photo, the suave android photographer reached over and lightly caressed Penny’s cheek, which made her feel horribly uncomfortable. “Such beauty Mademoiselle,” he complimented, “you would make a fine ice princess model for this year's Winter Festival. Would you like to be my ice princess?”
    Penny shot Harvey a nervous, wide-eyed look of curiosity which made him shrug.
    “Here is ze set,” the android pointed at a snowy backdrop in the corner, with magical snowflakes falling from the lights above. Then he pointed at the other corner of the booth where stood a tall and ornate partition. “There you will change into ze dress and crown and then moi will magically style your hair and take many pictures. How about it Mademoiselle?”
    Penny looked at Harvey again and he could sense her shyness and reservation. “Only if you want you,” he said.
    She thought for a moment. “Could I see the dress?” she asked the android.
    “Oui, yes, yes!” And he went to fetch it.

When Penny’s eyes met with the dress, they lit up. It was the most stunning dress she ever laid eyes on. Harvey noticed and smiled.
    “Twould make you feel like a princess, non?”
    “Yeah,” she blushed. Oh how many times had she wanted to dress up like a princess as a little girl, even just for some photos, but her mom would never buy her clothes like that, or do those kinds of photos. She sighed as the painful memories stung for a bit.

Harvey could sense her thoughts and wrapped his arm around her. “I think you want to wear it,” he whispered in her ear.
    “I really do.”
    “Then I’ll be waiting right here for you. I can’t wait to see how you look in it.”
    Penny grinned at him and happily went behind the partition to change.

“C’est génial! Magnifique!” the android expressed in between taking many pictures of Penny in front of the snowy backdrop. Harvey’s eyes sparkled at her graceful poses and exquisite beauty.

Penny’s favorite photo out of them all was of her holding out her hand to catch the perfect snowflake.

51687915344_b434a363e7_c.jpg

Harvey couldn’t help taking his love into his arms and kissing her dearly when the photoshoot was done.

“My gosh you’re one gorgeous ice princess!” he expressed, then kissed her again. “Mmm...

51687915139_9f22e6fd3a_c.jpg

...If I could, I’d marry you right now!”
    “Oh Harvey…”
    “But no. I want you to have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of,” he said in a tone of promise as he stroked her curly hair. “Then you’ll be my princess.”
    Her face beamed. “I love you so much.”
    “I love you too.”

“Aww,” came the android’s reaction, holding his clasped hands to his cheeks. “Merci dear lovers. Merci Mademoiselle. Au revoir.”

“Au revoir to you sir,” Harvey and Penny said at the same time, which made them laugh.

What a fun-filled day it had been!

To be continued. :blush: The finale of the Chapter will be in the next update! :smiley: Stay tuned!

@emorrill Of course my internet was out this morning! :cry: It just came back on and had enough time to read and leave this brief comment before I hurry out the door.
    Awesome chapter. So much fun for them. I love the couples enjoying and teasing each other. It's also fun seeing the changes in them and their relationships as time has progressed. Love the hints at Alex and Maru's, as well as Sam and Haley's feelings.
    Penny looks beautiful in the dress. Was afraid you were getting ready to pull something creepy with that android. I would have. :smirk: But, I love mysteries in my stories. :wink:
    @emorrill
    Yay! An update! :blush:
    Ha ha, Sebastian deserved a revenge from Abby :p . And Sam too ;) .
    I think Sam has already more or less charmed Haley - he would probably do fine without a good luck spell too :smirk: .
    Lol. :D Sebastian is way too funny under the love spell. I must agree with Abby - it's perhaps a good thing that he doesn't always speak like that ;) .
    Oh yummy - hot chocolate would be nice right now!
    Cute snowball fighting pictures.
    I've never had roasted marshmallows :| . I want to taste one every time I see sims roasting them ;) .
    I can't believe Shane actually admits that the snowboarding halfpipe makes him nervous. Granted it would scare me too :# .
    Glad he still had his skills, and that Emily didn't hurt herself either :blush: .
    I see Haley and Sam romance is very much happening now. Sweet of Maru to worry about the fact hurting Alex regardless of her own developing feelings for him.
    Then again, looks like she doesn't need to worry about Alex getting hurt at all :smirk: .
    Aww, Penny is so beautiful in that princess dress :star: ! I love the lace of the dress.
    Woo! Awesome capture of Abigail's scared face when the guys had her in their grasps.

Too funny on Sebastian's love charm. Reminds me of Toy Story 3 and Buzz Lightyear's "Spanish mode" :mrgreen:

Next time they can't get the fire started, Abigail can just use her fire magic. B)

I haven't played with the fire pits too much, I didn't know about the "warm tushie" action. Or is that a pose you did?

Laughed at a fart messing up Haley's hair, hahahaha

Sam and Haley: blah :tongue:
    Alex and Maru: blah :tongue:
    :smiley::smiley:

Seems like Alex and Haley have all but forgotten about each other. You're so smooth. :mrgreen:

Absolutely loved Penny's dress and tiara. I hope you got some outtakes of Haley in it too. ;););)
    edited November 2021
    @bekkasan You're FIRST lady! :mrgreen:<3
    Sorry your internet was down for the most part before you had to take off for work. :( I appreciate you reading it all and making a comment before heading out. :kissing_heart: That was very sweet. I love your comments. <3
    I love the couples enjoying and teasing each other. It's also fun seeing the changes in them and their relationships as time has progressed. Love the hints at Alex and Maru's, as well as Sam and Haley's feelings.
    ^Thank you and thank you. :blush: I'm so glad you enjoyed it all.
    Now you're making me wish I should've done something creepy with the French android. :lol: I was thinking about it after the fact and...I made him more of an intelligent one than the others. (Inadvertently). So...there's that. ;):p Let your imagination go nuts! :lol:
    <3
    I hope you'll be able to find some time to play and write soon. 🤞

@meerkattime Hey chica. :smiley:
    I think Sam has already more or less charmed Haley - he would probably do fine without a good luck spell too :smirk: .
    ^Very true. ;) I think he lets some of his insecurities get the best of him. Like all of us do.
    I'm craving some hot chocolate right now too. :blush:
    I've never had roasted marshmallows :| .
    ^
    surprised-amazed-shocked-13.gif
    Guuuurl, really? :open_mouth: I don't think I've known anyone who hasn't had a roasted marshmallow. At least with s'mores. Have you ever had a s'more? ;)
    Shane's growing and opening up more, especially to his girl. <3
    I see Haley and Sam romance is very much happening now. Sweet of Maru to worry about the fact hurting Alex regardless of her own developing feelings for him.
    ^Indeed. :blush:
    Maybe, in response to your follow up comment. Guess we'll see what happens in the grand finale. :mrgreen:
    Thank you about Penny and the dress. I love the lace on it too. :blush:
    Thanks for the comments. <3 Glad you enjoyed it.

@KevinL5275 Ha ha! I forgot about Buzz's Spanish mode on Toy Story 3! :joy: On point comparison!
    Next time they can't get the fire started, Abigail can just use her fire magic. B)
    ^
    200w.gif
    Wow. You are so right! I don't know why I didn't think of that... :confounded: (My brain has been in a daze lately weening off an antidepressant med so I can try out one that will hopefully be better suited for my anxiety.)
    Anyhoo, I guess we'll just say that she felt too cold to cast a spell, cause she was even struggling to move enough to sit down. :lol:;) Or maybe she wanted to give Sam the chance to play with fire. ;)
    When you have sims "warm self" in front of the fire, they'll naturally turn around and warm their butts. It's great! :lol: No pose. :)
    Laughed at a fart messing up Haley's hair, hahahaha
    ^Yay! :mrgreen: I was hoping y'all would get a kick out of that. :joy: (It's true what she said about men, isn't it? :smirk: )
    Seems like Alex and Haley have all but forgotten about each other. You're so smooth. :mrgreen:
    ^Why thank you. :blush: And now you've triggered my "musical tourettes" with that. :mrgreen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUxrpIwuQ4

I didn't get any outtakes of Haley in the ice dress (or any of the other ladies), sorry. :( But maybe I could sometime. :blush:
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3 Glad you enjoyed it.

@Bloosmoo Hey. :) I hope you're doing well. Would love to hear your thoughts on the last few updates. :blush: No rush though. <3
    emorrill wrote: »
    Guuuurl, really? :open_mouth: I don't think I've known anyone who hasn't had a roasted marshmallow. At least with s'mores. Have you ever had a s'more? ;)

Nope :p . So now you know one :smiley: . I don't know what I'm missing out on, but maybe I'll find out someday. I think those are treats that are more common there in the States :) .
    Hey I forgot to thank you earlier about the link to the golden top. I still haven't downloaded it but I think I will because it looks gorgeous!
    edited November 2021
    emorrill wrote: »
    ^
    200w.gif
    Wow. You are so right! I don't know why I didn't think of that... :confounded: (My brain has been in a daze lately weening off an antidepressant med so I can try out one that will hopefully be better suited for my anxiety.)
    Anyhoo, I guess we'll just say that she felt too cold to cast a spell, cause she was even struggling to move enough to sit down. :lol:;) Or maybe she wanted to give Sam the chance to play with fire. ;)

Even better: She was still magically exhausted from casting the love charm and good luck charm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top