Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you go on a date before you decide to make a sim your girl or boyfriend?

I recently started going on dates to get to know a potential simette in order to familiarize myself with her and to gauge our compatibility. I dated a "evil" sim and she started an argument even though it was a silver medal date. When it was over my sim was angry. I wonder what your experiences are when dating.

Comments

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i do sometimes i use little miss sams matchmaker mod
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »

I never heard of the mod but I'll look it up. Thx.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Date? My sims don't know the meaning of that. Or in other words, none of them are Mr or Ms Right, they're Mr or Ms Right Now ;)
  • Options
    Date? My sims don't know the meaning of that. Or in other words, none of them are Mr or Ms Right, they're Mr or Ms Right Now ;)

;);) In todays times, now is better than later I guess. LOL
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »

Do you mean SimDa? I use that a lot, and along with my chemistry mod and my attraction mod it makes dating challenging and fun!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    I believe I tried Simda before. I uninstalled it though. I mean, TS4 has a dating system where goals are met to determine whether you're compatible or not.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    My sims will usually go on several dates before making things official.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims will usually go on several dates before making things official.

It makes sense to me. I try to uncover all of a sims traits before commitment. Or I'll end up with the evil sim I dated today. LOL
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am not wild about scored social events, in general. If I date at all, I usually do so at home, where interruption by random conversationalists is less likely to intrude. Mostly, though, I am only doing game-mediated "Dates" to tick off Aspiration requirements. Mostly, my sims socialize more casually.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yes, typically I will do many dates depending on storyplay
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    I'm starting to do the same.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I am not wild about scored social events, in general. If I date at all, I usually do so at home, where interruption by random conversationalists is less likely to intrude. Mostly, though, I am only doing game-mediated "Dates" to tick off Aspiration requirements. Mostly, my sims socialize more casually.

I just try dating to mix it up a little from just getting together and going to the club or something like that. And you
    re right dating being a scored event. Socializing 10x, sitting together and talking, and deep conversations all require a atteention to the choices menu and knowing where to find certain interactions to pull off a successful date. Plus I do it without pausing to make it more important to know where everything is.
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I find dating to be a nuisance in the game because of the repetitiveness of the scored social events. I feel as if once you learn how to play them, they become rather tedious and mundane. I'd rather get to know someone in the neighborhood or at home.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I believe I tried Simda before. I uninstalled it though. I mean, TS4 has a dating system where goals are met to determine whether you're compatible or not.

Well, if you enjoy the system as it is that's great! I personally find it very redundant, as the goals are the same every time, and since there is no chemistry system or attraction in the base game, there is no reason why any date wouldn't work out well if you follow the steps, unless maybe one of the Sims on the date is in a really terrible mood or something. I use SimDa along with a chemistry system and an attraction system, which makes it way more interesting and quite a lot like online dating in real life. You may like someone "on paper," but you have to meet to see if there are any sparks. :)
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I generally do have sims date in whatever fashion suits them. I've used the structured dates at times but also do unstructured or freeform. Most of them will go out into the world for their dates. I have certain locations that have been renovated for steamier dates. There are a lot of conveniently placed closets or bushes in restaurants and venues that did not previously have them. I also have some venues that are more straight-laced if someone wants to focus more on "getting to know" their date. The ones who ended up in a closet or midnight graveyard with a party bush would also argue that they really got to know each other. I like to allow for either outcome.

A few impatient ones have married in a restaurant on a date and gone to enthusiastically get their coats afterward. They always rate the date as amazing. I've done that a few times when they've gotten the "marry for money" phone call. Go out to dinner, wind up married. Why not?

I also have a hotel in Sulani for which they can stay in the hotel and swim over to the waterfall to marry or whatever else they want to do. Instant honeymoon. There are several ready honeymoon suites there as well. Visit Sulani together and come back married. I have a few other "just add the spouse" marriage venues of various types.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I hardly ever ask sims on a date because it's not really necessary. They do hang out plenty before dating so in my mind, anything can be a date. You don't need the date event for it to be a date.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I like going on dates with sims. It's cute to me. It allows my sims to "make memories," for me to get more attached to both sims, develop stories and it's a way to experience more gameplay. I love taking my sims to community lots since it makes the world feel more alive and functional - dates are an excellent way to accomplish that. Getting to know sims and then doing things or going to places that allign with their interests is also a fun way to develop stories. Eventually having a home-cooked meal at a sim's house is often a date that escalates things.

I very often have restaurant dates, singing karaoke together is fun, I like hanging out at parks that I built with loads of activities like cafe areas, cloud gazing spots etc. Since I love building, it's extra fun for me to use the lots I built in these ways.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't very much like the date event, prefer just hanging out. Sometimes they still go on dates, especially if they have romance aspirations.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    For most of my sims, once they've woohoo'd, then they're a couple. I'll then decide later whether to progress the relationship or revert to "just friends", usually by way of discovering all their traits and finding one (Mean, Hates Children, Evil) that disqualifies them as marriage material. If my sim has Observant and knows the trait up front, the story's usually determined in advance, but if they're discovering as they go, then it's as I described at the top of this post.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Since I use the townie pool for sim spouses, I usually send my sims on a date to decide if they’re going to be matched up. Sometimes they’ll randomly dislike each other, or one will just antagonize the other, so I’d prefer to find that out sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I used to go that route, but that was back in the beginning of Sims4 when I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. I've since realized I love my Sim, Erik Cantrell, so very much that even though he was my Founder for the above Challenge, I wanted way more time for him. Playing a regular game, (as in not confined by the rules of a challenge), has been interesting, if not full of pitfalls. I have yet to play Erik's life all the way through. Between Patches, bad choices in mod experimentation, player malfuntion, et al, I have restarted his story so very many times I can no longer recall how many it's been. So, since I'm playing yet another Restart, to which I'm referring to as a Re-Refresh version, once he met his wife-to-be, I didn't waste any time. He introduced himself to her using the Enchanting Introduction and basically, it was love at first sight for both of them. Even when it's been a more traditional introduction, these two produce full green and pink bars instantaneously for each other. I think the game, or the computer, remembers their relationship, or something. Now, he doesn't ask her up front to be his girlfriend. I do have him wait on that, but he inquires if she's single and when the answer comes back in the affirmative, they Exchange Phone Numbers. And he texts her a lot. Right now, since Summer vacation is four school days away, he's planning on asking her to be his girlfriend and possibly give her a Promise Ring come mid-summer, when they've had enough outings (and/or dates) together to really get to know each other. We'll see how that works out. Sometimes, I grow impatient. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > Even when it's been a more traditional introduction, these two produce full green and pink bars instantaneously for each other. I think the game, or the computer, remembers their relationship, or something. Now, he doesn't ask her up front to be his girlfriend.

Omg this sounds like the plot of a sci-fi romance where a couple keeps getting their memories erased but keep finding each other!

As to the original question, I do like dates sometimes to win the date prize and sell it haha. It also depends on my Sims. I have some Simmies that love to get out there and go places, some are more homebodies and I never really make them do "official" events. I do try to make sure my Sims have a few good hang out sessions at least before they make it official! I figure their lives are so short, if it took too long to start dating they would never have time to have kids.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I will freely admit I'm somewhat old-fashioned when it comes to Sims and dating. I often have the Sim I'm playing go on dates, even if they're not "official" dates with time limits and objectives to meet. According to the game, they're simply hanging out, but if it feels like a date, then it's a date. It's often easy to tell if Sims have chemistry, or if they don't.

Some of the Sims I play seem like the type who would want to be coupled; others seem more like the type who would avoid that status. But, in answer to OP's question, they've always been on at least two or three dates/outings before they become a couple.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don't quite care for the dungeon master dating system in the game. It's way too tedious and sort of reminds me of them on the job. I prefer the spouse of the sim I'm playing to have the negative traits of mean, evil and a hothead because the controversy is going to be good and it's always good to have a healthy argument or at very least watch them prank each other. Otherwise if they woohoo'ed before a date then just let the chips fall where they may because dating is pretty much out of the question at that point. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited November 2021
    Do you go on a date before you decide to make a sim your girl or boyfriend?

Yes. I would take my potential girlfriend sim out on a date before making any further commitments.

First, I’d get to know her a little in my game. When I feel it clicks between us, I’d ask her out on a date. I’d book a table for one in a cosy restaurant, bring along my laptop on the evening of my date, sit at the table, boot up my game, do some fine dining, have a chat with the sim lady and feed her olives -not great for the screen btw but sure- it’s all part of the excitement.
    Usually I end up bringing her back to my house so I can play with her a bit more…

Although I haven’t had a proper sim girlfriend yet -they tend to get a bit over emotional and there are some “technical” limitations -I always love the dating part. I love good food too.