Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who do you control ?

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    One sim
    I always play a single sim except when I played the Finding Love after a Break Up. I also will playtest a house using families but it's a crazy mess for me and I can't wait to go back to a single sim :D
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2021
    One household (several sims)
    One household, usually. I did have a rotational save for the premades once, but with all the expansions and GPs, it became too unruly to play fairly quickly.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Several households
    I get tired of looking at the same lot in the same world all the time, but moving isn’t ideal because I like each family to feel rooted where they are. I think it’s fun to see the sims from all my households interact with each other, especially kids and teens. I try to put the adults in different careers so I’m not doing the same stuff all the time. Some families struggle more than others, and some help each other out by gifting special produce or flowers like orchids so I don’t have to hunt them all down for every family. There are many ways they can benefit each other.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2021
    Several households + customize the NPC townies
    I rule the world. Mwahahaha. >:)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All Sims are under my control and I delete all townies not created by me wish I could turn them off.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    All Sims are under my control and I delete all townies not created by me wish I could turn them off.

Don't delete them, they could feed the cowplants >:)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Several households
    I play a lot of Sims in various households that I've created. My households can be any number of Sims depending on the theme I chose for them. I think I have around 200 "played" Sims.

I don't really play townies or npcs or game generated Sims, but I do go through them on a regular basis and do a purge of the random nasties. I've created some Sims to be townies that I don't play and have also selected some from the gallery that I like to throw into the mix. My Sims do need some decent Sims to meet and date so I always try to bump up the gene pool selection a bit, lol. Sometimes I'll give a small makeover to some townies I plan to keep around, but I've accepted that game -generated weirdos are a constant thing so I try not to worry about it too much.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like to control everything and give all the townies outfit makeovers
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    My favorite configuration is couple and later when I feel like they are getting old they will have 1-2 kids. Sometimes I may turn the time off and just play my favorite sims couple literally forever. I tried rotational play once and I didn’t like it as I couldn’t get attached to any of those sims. But I also enjoy single sims especially when I start a new save.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Several households
    I control many main and side households rotationally and sometimes even set up townies, give them a place to live etc. But I rarely give makeovers to townies in general. I like them having their own quirky style and if I end up editing them it will be done very gently.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I try to manage 100% of the population and give a role to each sim.

I'm still a SimCity player who want to control the whole city.

Me, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    One sim
    I usually play one sim, but will have up to 3 households in a save, each with one sim. Occasionally I will play bigger households, like I have a household I love dearly, 2 grown children and their parents who are all spellcasters. They have great adventures together, but mostly I play a single sim.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have currently restarted my Main Save. Yes, I do that frequently when things go wrong, either via a Patch, a broken mod, or Operator Malfunction. So, the Cantrell household is the one I'm controlling at the moment. Other households have been carefully placed within the realm of my Sims. They all have skills and jobs I selected for them. Eventually I'll be taking the oldest four Cantrell kids and the Golden Triplets through Uni. After Uni, these four families will live in HoB very near each other. I'm not entirely happy doing a traditional Rotation, as it's no longer truly needed. All Sims can be set to age up, which was the problem back in Sim2, which inspired the Rotation Style play to start with. We'll see what I do. I will 'visit' a household to make certain children are on the way, and to control the names of the children. Hobert Cantrell was not a desired name on my part. Sorry, for those who like this name, I didn't — at all. Might as well name the tyke Strangerman. Yeah, that's a real name.

But for now, I'm controlling just the one household. A Mom and a Dad, five kids, four of which are Teens and a Child Sim. It's an interesting ride. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    Hello! I tend to control one household as my brain can only function controlling one thing at a time, if I am taking the family to the gym for example, I can't control two family or households, if that makes sense? hope your well
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    Usually I play legacy style, so one household. But sometimes I play rotationally. It depends what I'm in the mood for.
  • Options
    currently controlling both sims
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Typically one household but I'm trying to branch out and play rotationally. I had so much fun with my Westbrook family when I rotated between households. Currently, I'm trying to find a household that holds my interest for more than five minutes.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Several households
    Currently controlling 13 households.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Several households
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I try to control them all in turn, even the ones I allow Maxis to move in. I find completely using up my allowance of Sims, currently 250 I manage to keep more townies away. I find my Sims wandering around instead. One Sim made a lot of friends with my others by just standing outside her gate, being friendly with everyone who walked past.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Several households
    88 Sims across many several households :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    3 households now that I have my toddler scenario family.
  • Options
    so.. I will control the mum for now until the baby is born
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    I forgot to add I also control the babys dad ( the kid isnt born yet but still )
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    BassenheimZBassenheimZ Posts: 8 New Member
    Q: How many sims are under your control ?
    A: At the moment 285 sims. I created a lot of sims because I want their children looks different from typical Sims.

Q: Who do you control ? 
    A: Several households + Several save files + customize the NPC townies
    I don't give NPC townies plastic surgery, because it is too expensive. (It means I don't change face nor body type, because I don't have time for that.) I only change their hair style, facial make up, and outfits. I also help elders to get genetic family member. After edited NPCs, I moved they back into Other Households.

Game Options setting:
    Auto Age for Played Sims: most of time No
    Auto Age for Unplayed Sims: Yes
    Sim Lifespan: Short or Normal
    Frequently Mark Sims as Played / Unplayed
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Several households
    does deleting premade townies count as customizing? o:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat