Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newbie.. unsure lmao!

Hey! so, I love sims as why I am here, but... I have two problems... my sim is still being sick? she is not even two weeks into the pregnancy etc. my second question is, I am new to sims so dunno what I am doing, how do I build up wards? in my home.. any replies thank you :) ellie
"Za Woka Geneva"

Comments

• EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    I don't know if she is still being sick due to pregnancy or just ill in overall health..
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    If you have the Get to Work expansion pack, she could just be regular sick. If that’s the case every once in awhile a thought bubble of a medicine bottle will appear over her head. To get well: click on a computer - order - purchase medicine. The medicine will appear in her personal inventory. Just have her drink it and she will be all better 🙂

To build up: in build mode, in the top right corner right next to the light bulb button you will see two arrows, click on the one pointing up to go up a floor. From there you can add walls on top of your existing structure to make a second floor.

Carl’s Sims 4 Guide has a ton of helpful guides for new simmers. Here’s his guide on building help: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/houses.php

0IzRxZE.jpg
    amp107 wrote: »
    If you have the Get to Work expansion pack, she could just be regular sick. If that’s the case every once in awhile a thought bubble of a medicine bottle will appear over her head. To get well: click on a computer - order - purchase medicine. The medicine will appear in her personal inventory. Just have her drink it and she will be all better 🙂

To build up: in build mode, in the top right corner right next to the light bulb button you will see two arrows, click on the one pointing up to go up a floor. From there you can add walls on top of your existing structure to make a second floor.

Carl’s Sims 4 Guide has a ton of helpful guides for new simmers. Here’s his guide on building help: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/houses.php

ahhh thank you. due to not knowing anything i wanted to ask :).
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    i know it's a game but I hate her being sick, is that normal?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Is her being sick normal? Well, it's a feature of Get to Aork so yes, you can buy jer medicine or treat it with rest and that should get rid of it.
    okay
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    Is her being sick normal? Well, it's a feature of Get to Aork so yes, you can buy jer medicine or treat it with rest and that should get rid of it.

okayy.. i am stuck.. i cant upload a profile pic on here...
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Ellierosex wrote: »

Of course :) Feel free to ask anything else here about the game and I will be happy to try and help.

If you haven't seen this already, here's a really great thread will all kinds of helpful advice and little known features: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974004/new-simmers-welcome-community-s-tips-tricks-to-get-started/p1

0IzRxZE.jpg

Of course :) Feel free to ask anything else here about the game and I will be happy to try and help.

If you haven't seen this already, here's a really great thread will all kinds of helpful advice and little known features: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974004/new-simmers-welcome-community-s-tips-tricks-to-get-started/p1

I can't upload a profile picture.. can a mod do it for you?
    "Za Woka Geneva"

Nope, to upload a profile picture at the top of the page where you see your user name, click on the gear symbol, then click Preferences (you have to do this from a desktop not mobile). On the left side of the preferences page below your username and email click "change my picture" you can then upload a picture from your computer and crop it into a profile pic ;)

0IzRxZE.jpg

Nope, to upload a profile picture at the top of the page where you see your user name, click on the gear symbol, then click Preferences (you have to do this from a desktop not mobile). On the left side of the preferences page below your username and email click "change my picture" you can then upload a picture from your computer and crop it into a profile pic ;)

ill try, thank you for being so nice
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    You can buy medicine from the computer and that'll cure her disease right up unless she is pregnant.

You’re very welcome, I’m glad to see it worked!

0IzRxZE.jpg
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    You can buy medicine from the computer and that'll cure her disease right up unless she is pregnant.

she is pregnant but is it free?? and how do i buy it. Thank you for being lovely and supportive
    "Za Woka Geneva"

You’re very welcome, I’m glad to see it worked!

me too! I made a thread where i will comment my sims story and update each time something happens :). thank you so muchhhh xoxo
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member

she is pregnant but is it free?? and how do i buy it. Thank you for being lovely and supportive

You can buy medicine from the computer. Oddly enough, it's listed in the "buy gifts" option. It costs 50 simoleans and will go into her inventory. You can then select to take it. If she's ill from an illness and not pregnancy, it will usually take effect immediately, but sometimes you will have to repeat it. If you have the tea maker, you can also brew a pot of herbal tea and drink that to help ease symptoms.

cyncie wrote: »

You can buy medicine from the computer. Oddly enough, it's listed in the "buy gifts" option. It costs 50 simoleans and will go into her inventory. You can then select to take it. If she's ill from an illness and not pregnancy, it will usually take effect immediately, but sometimes you will have to repeat it. If you have the tea maker, you can also brew a pot of herbal tea and drink that to help ease symptoms.

thank you so kindly. this helped so much thank you again
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    I updated you all I am loving thisss
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    omg I made some new friends while swimming in my back garden on the sims aha! this is epic I never knew I'd find so much joy meeting simmers like me on here :)
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Oh dang it, I have to try upgrade so tiring. any tips for building a nursery room for the new born? ( the baby is not born yet )
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    If you don't want to build from scratch you can search the Build section or Gallery for premade rooms to add on to your existing home. Just go to build, find the room you want either in the room tab or on the Gallery and download it to your lot. You will need to have enough household funds to cover the cost.
    If you don't want to build from scratch you can search the Build section or Gallery for premade rooms to add on to your existing home. Just go to build, find the room you want either in the room tab or on the Gallery and download it to your lot. You will need to have enough household funds to cover the cost.

thank you. just i got a gym outside but not got the nursery done yet as its important. sorry for asking so many questions - ells
    "Za Woka Geneva"

Do you have a gym? just wondering if i can take some ideas to expand my home :) if that's okay?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Done the nursery well i done the bed area
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    Do you have a gym? just wondering if i can take some ideas to expand my home :) if that's okay?

I don’t usually use gym equipment. It tends to make Sims get too muscular for my tastes. I let them swim for exercise or take them jogging.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Here’s what I like to put in nurseries for toddlers and why:
    • Radio - so they can listen while playing or dance to it. It’s usually on the Kids station unless they are going to sleep, then I put on Lullabies. I don’t know if that helps with anything but it’s cute.
    • Let There Be Light! Laser Show (under miscellaneous electronics) - turn this on and it gives them a happy moodlet.
    • Wabbit Tablet because it helps them build so many skills
    • Building blocks
    • Bookcase with toddler books
    • Individual toys or a toy box
    • Rarely a dollhouse because they’re gigantic
    • Shelf or table for putting plates after I drag food in for them (the high chair is a nightmare)
    • toddler bed (obv)
    • I like an ensuite bath with a potty and tub, if possible, because...
    • I lock the door for the toddler so they don’t roam around the house. My sims can go in there when necessary to socialize or take care of them.