Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Occult Ideas

temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
edited August 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What Occults that never been done before would you like to see, why not discuss and brain storm ideas, BTW how would you guys feel about lizard people and mothmen as Occults?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2021
    Lizard people. As in, the conspiracy theory type? Those I could see working. Maybe with funny interactions like eating flies, talking with fellow reptiles (chickens), plotting revenge against mammals.

Mothmen? Eh. Isn't that a bit limited? Occults in general work a bit with aspects of transformation and whatnot, plus they always seem to be very human, probably so they don't need to spend a whole lot of money on the animations of a centaur, faun, or any other thing that isn't fully human.

So, with those limitations, what could work?

I think Tengu was a missed chance in the Japanese world, they are basically winged people without the chance of controversy that angels have. Same with Kitsune and animal-folk like that. Lots of creatures would fall as either witches or plant-sims, and really the latter is the one that could use an update, maybe with some Nymph stuff, become a tree or something lol.

Banshees and/or Syrens for musically themed sims? With singing abilities, or something... hmm. A "retro" occult that makes your sim low poly and making Sims 1 noises? :D

Nah. I think if I had to pick anything, and if I count out Tengus as out because we went to Japan alredy, I would not go with myth or urban legends, rather, a sci-fi themed Occult where a Sim becomes a slime, a goop-sim. With the ability to copy other sims (Maybe even steal identities if we go with The Thing minus the murder and killing), eat books to learn faster, make other sims slip, unique interactions while in "slime" mode, unique pranks, hmm.
    Post edited by Incacore_Llama on
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    For Japanese world, fox men/women can also be added.
    According to legends from Japan and China, the more years (or even, centuries) the fox was under trained, the more powerful he/she is. Therefore, there should be a skill tree for the fox men/women.
    We can edit their human and fox form in the CAS. In the game they can transform from human to fox, or from fox to human – just like vampires can transform themselves to dark form.
    For human form, we can make them to have fox ears, tails, or claws XDDD

Another idea is succubus and incubus. I know there is a mod of this (but I have never downloaded it).
    WH can increase their succubus/incubus power.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Is that like a Werefox?
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is that like a Werefox?

Yeah Kitsunes are pretty much werefoxes, except that they also have 9 tails and magical powers that they use to play tricks, they're quite renowned for being shape shifting tricksters like Loki of Norse mythology.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is that like a Werefox?

Yeah Kitsunes are pretty much werefoxes, except that they also have 9 tails and magical powers that they use to play tricks, they're quite renowned for being shape shifting tricksters like Loki of Norse mythology.
    The tricks maybe more interesting than mischief magic 🤣 for example, changing your appearance into other Sims.
    Kitsunes are also god of harvesting. This can colab with the CL pack too
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Cool. B)
  • ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    If this counts as necroposting, I'm going to say it was intentional as a way of suggesting necromancer occult sims

That aside, werewolves would be my number one pick, but kitsune would be great in addition, and acceptable as an instead of.
    Possible some kind of animal hybrid/furry option in general, just to add some good variety?
    It would also be cool, albeit unlikely, so see additional kinds of aliens, so that you could have unique interactions between them, much like different supernatural seems had special interactions in Sims 3.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Arrojacast wrote: »
    If this counts as necroposting, I'm going to say it was intentional as a way of suggesting necromancer occult sims

That aside, werewolves would be my number one pick, but kitsune would be great in addition, and acceptable as an instead of.
    Possible some kind of animal hybrid/furry option in general, just to add some good variety?
    It would also be cool, albeit unlikely, so see additional kinds of aliens, so that you could have unique interactions between them, much like different supernatural seems had special interactions in Sims 3.

It doesn't count as Necroposting, last post was 13 days old, it would count if someone posted about 30 days after the last post.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top