Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you download music to listen to on your stereo?

I got tired of the simlish coming from the stereo. So I learned to download music to my stereo. Now I got Black Sabbath, Areosmith, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tupac, and some ole' school funk to listen to. It makes me feel as if my sim is alive or at least in the real world based on the music in the background.

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve only added music to the radio from other games.
    Alternative: Sims 2 College Rock
    NuDisco: Sims 2 New Wave
    Backyard: Stardew Valley OST
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

Didn't know you could do that babajayne.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

As long as you can find the files, you can add whatever you like. These choices are particularly nostalgic for me. I used to burn the Sims 2 music onto CDs and listen to them in the car. When Cottage Living came out, I needed some good farming tunes, and Stardew Valley has all the vibes. I also got a mod that syncs multiple stereos/speakers so I could hear it playing outside.
  • Options

As long as you can find the files, you can add whatever you like. These choices are particularly nostalgic for me. I used to burn the Sims 2 music onto CDs and listen to them in the car. When Cottage Living came out, I needed some good farming tunes, and Stardew Valley has all the vibes. I also got a mod that synchs multiple stereos/speakers so I could hear it playing outside.

Wow!! We're some real simmers aren't we? Lol
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Darstep0301 nice selection!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I use the radio for my Sims enjoyment instead of my own. So, I might have latin or Jazz music playing in a household even though I don't listen to those genre's in real life.
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I use the radio for my Sims enjoyment instead of my own. So, I might have latin or Jazz music playing in a household even though I don't listen to those genre's in real life.

The radio and the stereo are the same aren't they?
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    @Darstep0301 nice selection!

Yeah texxx78. Nothing like some Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.Lol
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I didn't know you could do that! I don't think I would want to though, just because I like my real things and my Sim things to be sperate. I'd rather hear simlish music in game rather than my real favourite tunes. It's really cool that you can do that though. :smile:

What could be fun is if there was a way to convert real songs into simlish versions, I would definitely have those songs in my game! (I know that EA would need licensing and permissions to so this, as well as a whole technical aspect that I don't understand, but it would be fun.)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member

Yes, Radio is another word for Stereo.
  • Options

Yes, Radio is another word for Stereo.

Cool. I thought I had missed something. Whew!!!
  • Options
    I didn't know you could do that! I don't think I would want to though, just because I like my real things and my Sim things to be sperate. I'd rather hear simlish music in game rather than my real favourite tunes. It's really cool that you can do that though. :smile:

What could be fun is if there was a way to convert real songs into simlish versions, I would definitely have those songs in my game! (I know that EA would need licensing and permissions to so this, as well as a whole technical aspect that I don't understand, but it would be fun.)

I'm sure it would be fun. However, I read a guide on how to tranfer music from the mp4 player to the Sims custom music file. Now all of my Sim music is music I grew up on. Imagine listening to Stevie Ray's "Coldshot" compared to EA's whatever. No contest!!!
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I don’t pay that much attention to the in-game music. I mostly just have Spotify open in the background while I’m playing. It’s always cool when I zoom in and recognise a song, though!
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play my game on mute. So I don't even both to listen to it.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I put a couple of songs in once. But since I play on the fastest speed settings, the music is sped up and I can't enjoy it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    @Gordy , there’s a setting you can change so the music doesn’t speed up.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    , there’s a setting you can change so the music doesn’t speed up.
    Oh dang. What's the setting?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    , there’s a setting you can change so the music doesn’t speed up.
    Oh dang. What's the setting?
    In Game Options, look under the Audio section and uncheck “Match Speed Stereo Music”
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I would do this if I knew how. Hearing the same SImlish music on a loop can be annoying
  • Options
    @Heathertibb It’s easy -
    You can place .mp3 files under Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Custom Music and under the folder that names the radio station where you want them.
    Then you will hear the new songs on that station. If you want to remove the Simlish songs, go into your Game Options under the Audio section and uncheck the songs you don’t want.
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2021
    Thanks much for your willingness to help @babajayne. I do not think I can do that because I am a console player and this sounds like something that can only be done on a PC. Just another reason for me to get a gaming computer, lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No I just mute in game music and turn the stereo on and open iTunes or YouTube in the background.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    No I just mute in game music and turn the stereo on and open iTunes or YouTube in the background.

I used to do this when I played The Urbz. I had different songs for each district! :lol: (This was a long time ago and my hi-fi was at the other end of the room though so I had to get up and run to change sins every time I traveled).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    No, I have never bothered with that. Around the holidays I'll just play my favorite Christmas music in the background. I'm accustomed to listening to Talk Radio when I play as it is. What I wish I could get my hands on, are the songs from the Showtime pack. I truly loved that music and have a strong hankering for my Sims4 Rock Star to be able to sing those tunes again. Yeah, he existed in Sims2 & 3. Ended up a mayor in Sims2, but came into his fulness in Sims3 with Showtime. :) I love too much about Sims4, to ever go back there, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    For music I usually have my music player going in another window either on my other screen or underneath the game playing in the foreground. I usually end up playing something like Jerry Reed or Charlie Daniels—old country music somehow fits the bill.

If I'm using actual in-game music for my sims to listen to, it's either S-Pop or (if they're pregnant and eating carrots) Alternative.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space