Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you woohoo with a sim before marriage?

Comments

• Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I have my Sims woohoo, try for baby and change their last names before actually getting married. I haven't figured out how to rename babies. So, I might change the mother surname before she marries the father using MCCC.

If she had the baby before marriage, it'll have her last name and stay that way until you change it. Even if her last name changes to her husbands last name. Thank God for MCCC eh? LOL
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I do have my Sims WooHoo before marriage fairly often. It can help increase the romance meter. Plus it’s a fairly normal thing to do IRL. My Sims never WooHoo that much though, either before or after marriage.
    I do have my Sims WooHoo before marriage fairly often. It can help increase the romance meter. Plus it’s a fairly normal thing to do IRL. My Sims never WooHoo that much though, either before or after marriage.

Sure woohooing is a normal thing to do. But does ole' fashioned idea's come into play such as celibacy before marriage? Hmmm!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've got my mccc set to autonomous woohoo and try for baby. So whatever happens, happens.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sims need to know if their sex life is going to satisfy them.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Pretty much all my Sim couples end up getting married at some point if I’m sure I want them to stay together, but most of them have already woohooed by then. They generally wait until afterwards to have kids if I can help it (I have a risky woohoo mod), but it’s not a rule.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Yes, but I have one Sim that waited until she was married, because it suited for her character.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Yes, but I have one Sim that waited until she was married, because it suited for her character.

What character was that? Unflirty?
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Pretty much all my Sim couples end up getting married at some point if I’m sure I want them to stay together, but most of them have already woohooed by then. They generally wait until afterwards to have kids if I can help it (I have a risky woohoo mod), but it’s not a rule.

I have that mod too. It makes me think thrice before woohooing.
    texxx78 wrote: »
    My sims need to know if their sex life is going to satisfy them.

Good point. No need in having regular poor woohoo huh?
    I've got my mccc set to autonomous woohoo and try for baby. So whatever happens, happens.

So I can set MCCC to Autonomous woohooing. I'm going to do that right now. Thx
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I have them do so after marriage. And I have them move in at that time too and having a venue wedding or home wedding. I believe waiting until marriage is a great benefit for many reasons. It's practical and a smart choice.

I've never had a venue wedding. I usually elope. But I've probably woohooed by then and intend on marrying her.

Elope like how? Just go to community lot just both of you then exchange vows?

How? Right after proposing the option to elope is available.

Oh i didnt realize that option 🤣😅
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    I have them do so after marriage. And I have them move in at that time too and having a venue wedding or home wedding. I believe waiting until marriage is a great benefit for many reasons. It's practical and a smart choice.

I've never had a venue wedding. I usually elope. But I've probably woohooed by then and intend on marrying her.

Elope like how? Just go to community lot just both of you then exchange vows?

How? Right after proposing the option to elope is available.

Oh i didnt realize that option 🤣😅

Yep!!! It's right there. Lol
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm one of the least romantic people on earth, so my sims only woohoo when I want them to make a baby, married or not.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Always. I believe IRL that you've got to "try it before you buy it" and that carries over to my attitude about premarital woohoo in Sims 4.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sure, why not. It's 21st century in my game. When I played Decades I followed the rules so my sims only woohooed after the wedding for a long time. Though I had one mischievous sim who had some fun with the family's live-in gardener and got pregnant.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Always. I believe IRL that you've got to "try it before you buy it" and that carries over to my attitude about premarital woohoo in Sims 4.

Hmmm!!! And I thought that with a name like yours you would have thought differently. Hmmm!!! Lol
    Sure, why not. It's 21st century in my game. When I played Decades I followed the rules so my sims only woohooed after the wedding for a long time. Though I had one mischievous sim who had some fun with the family's live-in gardener and got pregnant.

The 21st century huh? Are we going forward or backward? Only time will tell.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Most do, some don't. It depends on the personality, morals, and character traits I've decided a particular sim will have. However, I don't believe that woohooing before marriage is inherently immoral IRL. Woohooing outside of marriage, however... In my current save I started out with a single male playing rags to riches. I use the "mod which must not be named" which has an attraction system, and I waited until he met a girl who clicked with him. They dated for a while and then oops, she got pregnant. Currently their twin girls are toddlers and I still haven't gotten around to marrying them. I probably will soon though. They are living together, however.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    In most cases, I use woohoo simply as a means to an end, to have kids or increase fun and social at the same time. Since I don't play romantically and most couples in my game were created as such in CAS, you could say that most of my woohooing sims are indeed married to each other, but that's just how the game works (you can't set any other types of romantic relationships in CAS) and has nothing to do with my personal views.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

What character was that? Unflirty?
    No, she was just a very "good girl". :D
    She was very young and innocent and she moved with her older sister to Willow Creek and on the first night she met a townie that she fell in love with. He was very attractive, but quite much older than her (she had just started her young adult life and he was already aging up into an adult). I just didn't want to make them woohoo because I planned on getting her married as soon as possible anyway and she felt like a person who wouldn't do it before marriage. Her fiancé was quite experienced, I found out that he had romance bars with several other women, but none of them were his official girlfriends, so it felt like a good story to have him settle down after his wild younger days with this sweet young woman who made him fall in love with her.
    They ended up getting married soon and having four children that are teenagers at the moment.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Totally depends on the Sim for me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am very bad at arranging mariages since it tend to be a big deal and demands planning, so I often prospone the marriage, forget about and my Sims comtinue to be unmarried with children
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Really depends on the sims in question. I don't at all have a blanket policy on it, I more just follow what seems to fit for the sims I'm playing at the time. I also have a mod set so it's possible to have an "accidental" pregnancy, but even in cases where that happens I might not have the sims actually get married. They might just live together as a couple forever without making it "official", or they might marry someone else and the kid will be raised with a step-parent, or for that matter why not have a single parent raising the kid? It's not like you NEED two married biological parents to raise a child (Altho I also do have a "child support" mod, so that helps lol).
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Yes. I've had situations where my Sims weren't even friends before woohoo either. One time, I had a female SIm that my sim was acqaintances with come over and woohoo. It was so funny because right after the woohoo was over she said she had to leave! LMAO