Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you woohoo with a sim before marriage?

It's easy to woohoo. I'll just get the relationship romance level up to where woohooing is possible. We don't even have to be friends. So I started delaying the woohoo aspect of a potential relationship until I have decided whether I want to marry her or not. I've also got the mod where she can get pregnant w/o the "Try for baby" woohoo. So I'm a little bit more cautious about woohooing. I'd like to know your opinion on this subject please.

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims will woohoo before marriage. I think waiting until after marriage is an old fashioned and unrealistic ideal.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims will woohoo before marriage. I think waiting until after marriage is an old fashioned and unrealistic ideal.

Sure it's old fashioned and unrealistic until a baby shows up. LOL
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    It depends on my sims. If I play a couple that I think would wait until marriage, then they wait. If I'm playing a couple that wouldn't wait, then they don't :) All depends on personalities of my sims. I get very invested in story telling.
    It depends on my sims. If I play a couple that I think would wait until marriage, then they wait. If I'm playing a couple that wouldn't wait, then they don't :) All depends on personalities of my sims. I get very invested in story telling.

How can you tell if they won't wait? with 1/4th of the romance bar filled, woohoo is possible. But then again, a romantic sim probably can't wait. LOL
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Darstep0301 90% of the time, I'm controlling what my sims are doing so if it's part of my story that they aren't gonna woohoo, it's not gonna happen haha. I've never had an autonomous woohoo in my game either. I've seen that it's possible but it's something I have yet to experience
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Considering I just had one of my sims father two children, on two different sims, neither of whom was his own fiancé, I'd have to say "no". Even my committed, exclusive couples were woohooing before they married.

I may already know that I intend for a couple to marry... but I have never felt that it was necessary to postpone woohoo until then, no.
    Yeah permanentrose, I just posted a discussion about the autonomous woohoo. But like you said, you control every aspect of your sim's lives. I on the other only control 1 and he's immortal.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Considering I just had one of my sims father two children, on two different sims, neither of whom was his own fiancé, I'd have to say "no". Even my committed, exclusive couples were woohooing before they married.

I may already know that I intend for a couple to marry... but I have never felt that it was necessary to postpone woohoo until then, no.

If you've got MCCC, he's got one heck of a child support payment to make. LOL
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Well, I'm currently still playing my greek god save... so yes. Before marriage? Yes. After marriage? Also yes. Cheating on your wife, Hera, with that super good-looking mortal? What kind of god would I be if I refused??
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Most of my sims do. Every so often, I'll have a household that waits if they come from a background for which that makes sense. It's an elaborate rotation so they all have different types of influences depending on who they are in the town/world. I do whatever is right for the couple.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have them do so after marriage. And I have them move in at that time too and having a venue wedding or home wedding. I believe waiting until marriage is a great benefit for many reasons. It's practical and a smart choice.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited November 2021
    Most of my sims probably do before marriage because they tend to date for a long time beforehand - probably for a few Sim weeks in game, so they autonomously woohoo by then. They're on the cusp of being "adults", anyway. I think making them wait until their early-late 30s or whatever the equivalent is, is a bit much. Most players who wait probably have Sims get married the same day they meet their spouse or soon after. :D
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If they roll the whim or autonomously go for it, I’ll let them woohoo, whatever stage they are in a relationship. I keep the pregnancy chances set very low in the mod I use, but not everything they do has that risk and I’ll adjust it if I feel the need. I never set out to purposely get someone pregnant unless they are married.
    babajayne wrote: »
    If they roll the whim or autonomously go for it, I’ll let them woohoo, whatever stage they are in a relationship. I keep the pregnancy chances set very low in the mod I use, but not everything they do has that risk and I’ll adjust it if I feel the need. I never set out to purposely get someone pregnant unless they are married.

I forgot all about the whim to woohoo. I usually play without whims.
    haneul wrote: »
    Most of my sims probably do before marriage because they tend to date for a long time beforehand - probably for a few Sim weeks in game, so they autonomously woohoo by then. They're on the cusp of being "adults", anyway. I think making them wait until their early-late 30s or whatever the equivalent is, is a bit much. Most players who wait probably have Sims get married the same day they meet their spouse or soon after. :D

It's hard, being human not to woohoo. That being said, I have the mod that makes it a risk to do so. Even still my sims use protection.
    I have them do so after marriage. And I have them move in at that time too and having a venue wedding or home wedding. I believe waiting until marriage is a great benefit for many reasons. It's practical and a smart choice.

I've never had a venue wedding. I usually elope. But I've probably woohooed by then and intend on marrying her.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member

It's hard, being human not to woohoo. That being said, I have the mod that makes it a risk to do so. Even still my sims use protection.

I use mods too. If there's a pregnancy, there's a pregnancy. It won't be a big deal to me. :smile: My Sims are well established and can afford to have and take care of kids no problem. I think there's more of an issue with Sims marrying and meeting a spouse in a day. :wink:
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im 99% sure I havent had so much as one sim wait before marriage. Before my sims get married they have on average 3+ partners before I finally decide on someone they can tie the knot with. xD
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Well, I'm currently still playing my greek god save... so yes. Before marriage? Yes. After marriage? Also yes. Cheating on your wife, Hera, with that super good-looking mortal? What kind of god would I be if I refused??

I just cheated with a married sim. I wonder what her husband would have thought? Anyway I "Just be friended" her when we went on a date.
    edited November 2021
    . Most players who wait probably have Sims get married the same day they meet their spouse or soon after. :D

For me I don't. I have them go on a couple dates though the sim weeks (months or whatever). They'll ask to be gf/bf and go on dates or group activities until usually I finish some kind of goal or milestone ( I want to earn X amount of money before married, I want to move into X house before married, I want to have X bestseller happen etc) and play it out like theyve been dating for months to year or two. Then They'll be engaged for a while, then host wedding party and marry. My storytelling/role-playing may be too much 🤣

I've never had a venue wedding. I usually elope. But I've probably woohooed by then and intend on marrying her.

Elope like how? Just go to community lot just both of you then exchange vows?

Elope like how? Just go to community lot just both of you then exchange vows?

How? Right after proposing the option to elope is available.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    My Sims woohoo all their life without marriage because I hate the chaotic wedding ceremonies.
    My Sims woohoo all their life without marriage because I hate the chaotic wedding ceremonies.

I don't woohoo that much. Even in real life it can become overrated. And it comes with a price. Now everyday she'll come ringing my doorbell? Whatever happened to call before you come?
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have my Sims woohoo, try for baby and change their last names before actually getting married. I haven't figured out how to rename babies. So, I might change the mother surname before she marries the father using MCCC.