Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get The Sims 2 UC to play in window mode?

Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
...I swear I had it set up in the past, to play in windowed mode! But, getting a hankering to play the game again this morning, after at least a year or two of NOT playing it....I start the game up with Origin and it starts loading in full screen and I cant figure out how to get it to play in window mode.

Many grateful thanks in advance, to anyone who can help me out here!

Comments

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited November 2021
    ...I swear I had it set up in the past, to play in windowed mode! But, getting a hankering to play the game again this morning, after at least a year or two of NOT playing it....I start the game up with Origin and it starts loading in full screen and I cant figure out how to get it to play in window mode.

Many grateful thanks in advance, to anyone who can help me out here!
    If you have a shortcut of TS2 on your desktop, right-click on it. Click on Properties and add -w to the end of the Target line. Hit Apply. If not, go to where ever TS2 is installed and find Sims2EP9.exe (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe). Right-click on Sims2EP9.exe and choose Create Shortcut.

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @canitbeman Thank you for the reply! I actually did find that work around online doing a Google search. The problem is, while it works, it opens the game up in this really small window. Not like most games that play in windowed mode, you know? The window is so small, I cant play the game using it.

*Le sigh*

But thank you, I DO appreciate the reply and attempt to help!
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    @canitbeman Thank you for the reply! I actually did find that work around online doing a Google search. The problem is, while it works, it opens the game up in this really small window. Not like most games that play in windowed mode, you know? The window is so small, I cant play the game using it.

*Le sigh*

But thank you, I DO appreciate the reply and attempt to help!

No problem. Try: -r(w)x(h) run at (w) x (h) resolution. For example: -w -r1920x1080

Helpful links:

https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400