Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me decide

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
I can't pick which pack to buy next, please help me decide between the Paranormal Stuff Pack or the Dream Home Decorator Pack. On the one hand my ghosts are neglected right now and I want to improve their lives, on the other hand, the interactive decorator career looks like so much fun.

Which do you like better? What do you like most about the packs?

Please help me decide 95 votes

Paranormal Pack
57%
crocobauraGoldmoldarIceyJPlayerSinger2010Isb917maggiemae8135Jeansooalanmichael1barracuda1574DarkLady2788Toriegreydonnashcrash19phantasmkissBabykittyjadehalloweenchildbixtersannaliese39snoepjes1210texxx78 55 votes
Home Decorator Pack
42%
Nh6650IcewolfMylitaTheSpotted_Celanorbretonfriendlysimmersmystang1972g01denswangoodcakebaker62KatiardgueztaydevSailorCetiEmmaVaneSindocatThenyoukissmeRedDestiny92SnaveXsSheriSim57Colton147147Breazona 40 votes

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Paranormal Pack
    Hands down my favorite of the two is the Paranormal SP. I genuinely have played in a haunted house every time since it dropped. I don't know if it will really improve your ghost play since it is aimed towards the pack's specters, but even kids can be a medium and Bonehilda is great where other maids are impractical. Great combination for any other occult packs.

DHD... I wasn't impressed with it when it was announced, dropped, or now. I did buy it, though. I do like the decor preferences even if they don't do much, but I have next to no interest in the career as it is and so many bugs have thus far not been fixed. (Not that there isn't occasional stupidity with specters, but I can troubleshoot visitors being set on fire a lot better than being told to do a second floor where I can't.) It feels a lot like an SP for a GP price to me, the furniture is definitely nice, but if it sounds like a lot of fun you might love it.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Home Decorator Pack
    If your main thought is improving the already in game ghosts, I'm not sure Paranormal Stuff will do it for you. It's more of its own separate thing in that regard. I voted for Dream Home cause it's the one I've had more fun with, but I think it really depends.

Basically, I think they're both about on par--they each have some extra gameplay, and their own playable "mini-games" in the form of a new career (home decorator and paranormal investigator) so I would say the main deciding factor would be which of those careers sounds more fun to you, and is more likely something you'd actually spend time playing. Personally, I enjoy the home decorator career more, but then I like decorating in the sims and found the paranormal interactions in the paranormal investigator a little repetitive. On the other hand, if you want to commit to living in a haunted house, that CAN be really fun. Both have some good CAS and build items, depending on your taste of course. But neither of them are going to hugely impact your wider game, since they really only contain content that's there if you make an active effort to involve the sim your playing in that content. So, it really comes down to which one has content you're more likely to WANT to seek out and have fun playing. If decorating in sims is something you generally enjoy, and the challenge of working within random parameters appeal to you, Home Decorator is the clear choice. BUT if that's not so much your thing and instead you're more interested in playing through a haunted house scenario or role playing as a paranormal investigator, then obviously Paranormal is gonna be more your speed. Just comes down to what you're likely to actually DO in game, and what kind of game play is more likely to hold your attention.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2021
    Home Decorator Pack
    Both are really good, Paranormal adds challenge that is fun to play and you can make it easier or more difficult depending on your household. You actually had to pay attention otherwise the game punished you and I liked that.

But I played Dream Home Decorator for longer, mostly because the career generates gigs from all your households that you have in your world. So you have loads of gigs to choose from.

The pack has some bugs, room gig additions work pretty badly and the likes/dislikes can sometimes make a gig interesting and sometimes it can be completely nonsensical but I had a lot of fun renovating houses. It's fun to follow a specific theme, working with a limited budget and trying to appeal to all your clients.

I also liked to take screenshots of the finished gigs too.

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Home Decorator Pack
    Why not both? o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Home Decorator Pack
    Went with minority here, as I really have enjoyed the gigs :)

But for the ghosts and so lovely cas, Paranormal.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Paranormal Pack
    The paranormal pack has nothing to do with your existing Sim-ghosts, but little spirits. I'd choose it for the building/stuff alone.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for replying. I didn't realize the Paranormal stuff pack had gameplay and haunted lots and a new career, that's pretty good for the lower price and those spectres look so cute. I do really love redecorating though. Still not sure.
    The reason I can't buy both is because I spent way too much money on uber eats take-out food this month and I just ordered Thai green curry and lemongrass soup and it cost more than the packs and it was wrong I know it. :disappointed:
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Whatever you do, don't get Paranormal. The career has been broken for months now, so pretty much an unusable pack. :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Paranormal Pack
    I love Paranormal it's so the best of stuff packs. I love Bonehilda & Guidry. And I so love playing with the Medium Table, way too cool. B)
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Home Decorator Pack
    I suggest the Home Decoration pack. In my opinion, it contains more reusable items from game to game, than the Paranormal one. In the latter, it mostly affects game saves that specifically use it.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I only have DHD so my vote would be biased. :smile:

The career in DHD is really fun and can be challenging. Some people have complained about bugs during some of the career gameplay but I haven't experienced that personally.
    My builds tend to be very similar and I don't often step out if my comfort zone when it comes to decorating, but having to decorate a Sims home with a particular set of guidelines and budgets really helped me to try out some different styles and use BB items that I wouldn't normally use (I'm no longer afraid to add a bit if colour to my Sim's walls haha).

Although I haven't played the career aspect of the pack a lot, the BB items have definitely made the pack worth they money for me too.

Paranormal looks really fun too and is absolutely on my "soon-to-buy" list. Everyone who owns it seems to enjoy it.

When I'm having trouble to decide which pack to get I usually read up on them on Carl's Guides, which is super helpful for me!

Let us know which one you choose!

P.S. Thai green curry and lemongrass soup is never wrong. :smile:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2021
    Home Decorator Pack
    Honestly, Paranormal doesn't add much to the ghost (after)life state. The only new thing is a couple of special ghost NPCs and a chance for all regular ghosts to be summoned via the séance table. If there are no ghosts in game you'll summon a spectre instead, whereas having ghosts in the save will give the chance to summon either.

Dream Home Decorator is fun if you like interior design. I recommend giving all the sims in your game some preferences (décor style, colours and a hobby or two) so that you have a variety of things to work with. If you don't then they they assigned randomly and aren't as varied or fitting. Avoid the level addition gigs as they are very buggy. Some other gigs are bugged so you have to work around the bugs and fix lots later. You can gain fame via the career by publishing your before/after photos and articles etc.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Paranormal Pack
    You could always get Paranormal now for the lower price and wait for DHD to go on sale. Game packs go on sale frequently, sometimes at half off and with Black Friday and CyberMonday and the holidays coming, you might get a bargain and be able to end up with both, you never know. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Home Decorator Pack
    My answer is biased, since I don't have the Paranormal pack yet, though I intend to get it eventually. I love HGTV and watch a lot of home improvement shows, so DHD was right up my alley. I bought DHD for the gameplay and considered it a bonus that the BB and CAS is so great. I love that I can send my sim off to work or choose to go with her and do the reno. I'm using different styles and colors, and I am enjoying the challenge. I like that it's hit-or-miss when I do the reno - if they don't like it my sim doesn't get paid. This career forces me to have my sim interact with other sims, which is a problem I have. Most of the time my sims sit at home and don't see anyone else. This pack, coupled with the City Living pack, have forced me to send my sims out into the world, and talk to other sims. :D I find it's fun to go into a sim's house that I've done work in; I feel proud to see my sim's work, even if they had bad taste and didn't pay her!
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2021
    Home Decorator Pack
    Paranormal's really cute & fun. Love all the BB & CAS. But I'm getting way more playability in Decorator. Haven't even assigned one of the sims to be an interior decorator yet, cause I'm too busy renovating homes & giving all my townies Style preferences. Really affects their mood. And the customization of closets, wall units, kitchens & bathrooms... Again, very useful & entertaining pack.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2021
    Paranormal Pack
    Home decorator one is still incredibly bugged and patina can't do her job cause of the constant bugs p_p

+ I might be slightly biased for paranormal tbh cause im always up for spooks meanwhile i am really not much of a midcentury house enthusiast
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I commented before about DHD but I'm actually getting Paranormal Stuff next week so if you haven't already chosen I can help give a more informed opinion between the two. :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks everyone so much for your feedback!! I took the sage advice and waited for the sales this week and bought them both and am very happy with the games. I've tried the decorator one and have had so much fun until my last gig refused to pay me lol . Can't believe they didn't like my beautiful bathroom remodel. They gave me crazy advice like they liked pianos and singing. What was I supposed to do put a grand piano in their tiny San Myshuno apartment bathroom? Couldn't they just sing in the new state of the art shower I installed? I'm so shocked they fired me lol, but it's been really fun. I'm going to try the Haunted House next. I love the new clothes from Paranormal so much. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    ** oops posted in wrong topic sorry.. edited to delete comment and repost in the other topic sorry **

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Paranormal Pack
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Thanks everyone so much for your feedback!! I took the sage advice and waited for the sales this week and bought them both and am very happy with the games. I've tried the decorator one and have had so much fun until my last gig refused to pay me lol . Can't believe they didn't like my beautiful bathroom remodel. They gave me crazy advice like they liked pianos and singing. What was I supposed to do put a grand piano in their tiny San Myshuno apartment bathroom? Couldn't they just sing in the new state of the art shower I installed? I'm so shocked they fired me lol, but it's been really fun. I'm going to try the Haunted House next. I love the new clothes from Paranormal so much. :smiley:

Hahaha haha I'm happy to hear you love them both!!🤭🤭🤭 I love all packs honestly. They all add something fun
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Paranormal Pack

This. There is no choice, but I would start with Paranormal.

• Options
    Elliandre wrote: »

Hahaha haha I'm happy to hear you love them both!!🤭🤭🤭 I love all packs honestly. They all add something fun

They really do! I've now bought everything I was missing with the big sale that just happened and don't regret it thankfully lol. I was avoiding the Star Wars pack because I found so many negative reviews, but it is now my current favourite pack! If only I knew how much fun I could have leveling my Sim's fitness skill by training with a lightsaber while R2D2 stands beside playing the Star Wars theme music I would have bought this pack when it came out. :scream:

This. There is no choice, but I would start with Paranormal.

Thank you! I got distracted with the update today, but I will try it next. :smiley: