The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Create-A-World?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a Create-A-World. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Would you like a Create-A-World? 88 votes

Yes
69%
crocobauranickibitswardkipperfan01MsMaySimsILikeSimsluthienrisinggoodcakebaker62barracuda1574FairyGodMothermlmeadowsLustianiciaashcrash19simmietimeMirichaskybird14taydevDaemonPawsClassicalSimSailorCetibixters 61 votes
Yes
4%
motdkCattyBetsyChicklet453681DaWaterRat 4 votes
Justine Keaton
13%
LeGardePourpreCaitxcatphantasmkissEvaliynDoodlyDoofusLiELFMDianaSimsColton147147RedShoe7logionEllupelluellufiggy 12 votes
Where's the no option?
12%
lisamwittPlayerSinger2010monjr8302annaliese39abelhinha35ghamrick75SeashoreLiviaKimmertemporalgodZoeyevesterOlalla1986 11 votes

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes
    Yes, as long as it works on Mac Computers :D
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    For myself no, for other players yes.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,863 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Means yes as who would not?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Justine Keaton
    In theory, woo fun! I can't see it going well in Sims 4, though. I can't see it happening at all, actually.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    It would help in my creation of a decades save. As it is now, the worlds esthetic does not really fit my style needed when playing a save in certain decades.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    I never used CAW in Sims 3, really. Occasionally I would put a lot down somewhere, but usually they had routing issues, so I didn't do it often. I downloaded some player made worlds, but once again, they weren't always compatible with lots on the Exchange.

What I would like is some blank neighborhoods. Like Newcrest, but without modern background buildings or a pre-planned aesthetic that can become whatever we need them to be.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would love it, create custom world like in sims 2 and sims 3, it would be awesome, I hope one day they release it :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes
    I only used my own neighborhoods in Sims 2. The prepackaged ones were fun for all of a minute, and I had the Uberhood for that lol.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes
    Yes I want to make more Vacation areas and urban worlds with lots of restaurants and bars.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Yes
    If it's not a mod or cc then yes please. Also, I would want it to work with all the worlds. I would want the ability to add more lots to the tiny worlds like Forgotten Hollow & Glimmerbrook. Furthermore, the ability to make hills for sims to hike on, streams for sims to swim in, an underwater lagoon for Mermaids, a livable world for Aliens & for Granite Falls, Selvadora & Batuu to be able to have residential lots for sims to live in. Just a thought. ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes
    cyncie wrote: »
    I never used CAW in Sims 3, really. Occasionally I would put a lot down somewhere, but usually they had routing issues, so I didn't do it often. I downloaded some player made worlds, but once again, they weren't always compatible with lots on the Exchange.

What I would like is some blank neighborhoods. Like Newcrest, but without modern background buildings or a pre-planned aesthetic that can become whatever we need them to be.

Exactly, I need some blank worlds. It don't match when you try to make a run down home when everything is so pretty in the game.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    Justine Keaton
    We need a Create-A-Justine mode. The name is actually kinda false advertisement because when you open the mode you are greeted with a Justine Keaton that you can't edit because she's already perfect. Why would you edit Justine?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't need it.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Yes
    For personal use I would only need the ability to edit existing worlds (add lots, remove or change background buildings,... )
    But CAW would also mean talented simmers creating new worlds and share them with the rest of us. I would like to see and play in their creations.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't think I would be able to create something interesting enough with it myself. But in Sims3 I'm using custom worlds made with CAW all the time and would gladly do so in Sims4. Also even with my limited creative abilities such tool would be a huge help in tearing down modern/city backgrounds for challenges purpose. I'm so tired of pretending these do not exist when playing BAAC or History Legacy. Inability to change surrounding is one of the worst features in life simulation game imo.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited November 2021
    Justine Keaton
    I would very much like to have that if it's possible. I have a lot of sims in my save that I would like to play but I don't have room for them in the world that I would like for them to live in.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Yes
    We need a Create-A-Justine mode. The name is actually kinda false advertisement because when you open the mode you are greeted with a Justine Keaton that you can't edit because she's already perfect. Why would you edit Justine?

Better than Baby Ariel (or, as she's known in my simworld after extremely heavy editing in CAS, Liana von Stauffen), that's for sure.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yes
    It's not a feature that I would ever use, but I know other players have been wanting it since the Sims 4 launched.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Honestly I would like more worlds like Newcrest for base game, just with different type of nature and buildings and some ready useable objects similar to waterfall in Sulani or hidden locations like WC i OS both have. I don’t think I will be able to create interesting world and also I’m sure they will just look like copy paste of existing worlds. I see no point in it.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yes
    Abso-flipping-lutely!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • ClelclanClelclan Posts: 41 Member
    Maybe not a Create-a-World per se. I tried that in Sims 3 but it was a real palaver because you quite literally had a flat piece of 'ground' and had to put in your own rivers, seas, hills/mountains, roads and that was before you began to think about placing lots! And as someone earlier said, there were sometimes serious routing issues.

I think it was in Sims 2 - but don't quote me on that - if you wanted to create a new neighbourhood/world, every neighbourhood/world in the game was available. They were all empty, just the roads in place. There were no lots, but in the build menu there was a large selection of lot sizes to place and then either build on or place ready built buildings. A huge selection of items were available to fill/decorate the rest of your neighbourhood/world - trees, street furniture, ruins, etc. So you had complete freedom to create a neighbourhood/world as you would like it. You could even give it a name of your choice. To me, that would be a better option than creating the actual geographical world.

The biggest drawback with Sims 4 is there are no blank lots of different sizes. If we had those, we really could customise our worlds.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Yes
    I loved Create-a-World in Sims 2, and I would love to see it return for sims 4 or Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,938 Member
    I am kinda yay or nay
    I would like to edit existing worlds and like create new worlds from existing world layouts but tbh i never used create a world in ts3 cause it was kinda too much for my 2 poor old brain cells
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Why, basegame already has one and it's called Newcrest, honestly I haven't even touched it once, no Sims have ever lived on Newcrest, since I played, I guess can just make homeless sims live there.