Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 ultimate collection MIGHT be coming back to Origin

Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
I have the game and all expansion packs, I can install the base game and with great difficulty I could install ONE of the expansions pack, wich really isn't enough for how I want to play.

But then I found this video on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZMCb2lHQqA

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    This is an old video. I believe the simgurus confirmed that this isn't happening. Someone in chat support gave misleading information. Sorry - I know this isn't the answer you want.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    ohhhh...darn. I was about to say TAKE MY MONEY, PLEEEEZE! but alas...
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    This is an old video. I believe the simgurus confirmed that this isn't happening. Someone in chat support gave misleading information. Sorry - I know this isn't the answer you want.
    Source?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Source?

@kelvin,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection/m-p/10477702
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Source?

@kelvin,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection/m-p/10477702

Well, it does say that they currently have no plans, so not all hope is lost.
  • Jsflawless852Jsflawless852 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want the sims 2 to come back to Origin becuz I really want to support Origin
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A few days ago @EA_Cade confirmed in a post here at the forums that 2 isn't supported anymore. Unfortunatelly :cry:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sad to hear I'd gladly buy them again if they updated it to work on newer pcs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    It just seems so... evil of them to abandon The Sims 1 and 2.
  • AlakazandraAlakazandra Posts: 12 New Member
    What a letdown. I had the Aspyr version for Mac but it did leave a few things out. Namely hobbies.

Actually I just found a box with all the sims 2 disks, so maybe I will try to figure out how to play them. I know for the original sims I had use a patch to bypass security software that is not in use on newer OS, so I wonder if it will be like that. Plus just dealing with a disc drive is a hassle theses days so I really wish they would make a digital version.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I wish they add sims 2 and sims 1 too one day, I haven't played them on years, and I would like to play them again
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I want to actually buy the sims Life,Pets,Castaway games for my PC like the sims 2 itself I want to support the game itself and the people who made them… I also want actual copies.
  • ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    I'd genuinely pay to play the Sims 2 again. It was so good : '( I miss all the quirks like the TV randomly falling off the wall, the sim you just dated showing up at night with roses at your door... Too bad
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have the "Double Deluxe" collection from 2009; which is on a disk. It worked fine on a refurbished workstation from 2013 running 10 (as well as a laptop from 2011 also running 10--both were originally Windows 7 machines), but any modern PC seems to refuse to want to install software from disks; without work "under the hood". Add in the fact that a lot (if not most) PCs are sold without disk drives these days. I have to use a USB disk drive to run any kind of disk.

Yes, it's an old game. But say $30 vs. probably hundreds of dollars and lots of time and effort trying to track down all the disks is much better in my mind. Plus, this will be $30 in EA's pocket and not the secondary market. Plus, a good chunk of the sales GOG has is older titles. Not to mention, Sim City 2000 is from 1995, which predates the Sims franchise entirely; but is still on Origin. Thus, "It's Old" isn't an excuse at all.

That being said, why not TS1 also?
  • Rick092Rick092 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="WarGreymon77;c-18000221"]It just seems so... evil of them to abandon The Sims 1 and 2.[/quote]

Well the game is old so I wouldn't say evil it's just they can't keep supporting a game that old it makes sense
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Have the double deluxe edition too, and when they had a special give away of Sims 2 UC was fortunate enough to get that. But I wish they'd just let things be and let the games expire on their own. Have some of the disks and my computer has a disk player but it won't install because Origin keeps popping up. This is new because it used to install at least about a year or 2 back. All of their games will be online, that is the direction they are going in, but it presents a new set of problems that are harder to fix because we didn't write the software Origin, and all the games have to go through that first.
    If we get Origin fixed then we have to fix the problems with the game. It can be overwhelming, and its really troublesome when you know you have this game here, you spent money on, but you can't play it because there is problems with this other software or there are problems with the computer system.
    With having the game on Origin platform the towns and public places we made with the game on disk are not compatible with the game on Origin, so the player has to start all over.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Have the double deluxe edition too, and when they had a special give away of Sims 2 UC was fortunate enough to get that. But I wish they'd just let things be and let the games expire on their own. Have some of the disks and my computer has a disk player but it won't install because Origin keeps popping up. This is new because it used to install at least about a year or 2 back. All of their games will be online, that is the direction they are going in, but it presents a new set of problems that are harder to fix because we didn't write the software Origin, and all the games have to go through that first.
    If we get Origin fixed then we have to fix the problems with the game. It can be overwhelming, and its really troublesome when you know you have this game here, you spent money on, but you can't play it because there is problems with this other software or there are problems with the computer system.
    With having the game on Origin platform the towns and public places we made with the game on disk are not compatible with the game on Origin, so the player has to start all over.

Hi :)

I have no problem playing my lots/Sims made with the original game disks from ages ago and the origin UC game. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. :(
  • DreamchildDreamchild Posts: 5 New Member
    @DevSims91 Agreed. The Stories games were a blast. I've played them multiple times. I was excited to find Sims 2 compatible recreations of the Stories' neighborhoods on Mod the Sims. There's no story function to them though.