Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    When I follow my sims talking during conversation because I'm already memorize the gibbersh word mostly for the Male Voice #1
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    When you spend several hours to get the Sims 2 running on your pc (again - I installed an expansion and the game refused to work anymore), then you finally play some hours and have a decent amount of fun, and then the next day you return to Sims 3 and it feels like coming home.

(No hate on Sims 2, itยดs a really good game, just not for me, I guess).
    For me, coming back to the sims 3 after playing the sims 4 for months makes me feel home. :D

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2021
    You hear a song playing in your Sim-world and like it. You take the time to find the song in the "Music" section of the "Options" menu and play it. More than once. Then you look up the title and the artist and play the video for the song. More than once.

I *might* be listening to it while I'm writing this post. :)

My hubby was watching a drama and I heard a song from the sims 3 indie channel in it. I shouted,โ€That song is from the sims 3!โ€ He said I got addicted at..TS3.

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    When you are fine with fridges looking like this:

product-jpeg-500x500.png
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    ... when you go to another room but, on arriving there, forgets what you were going to do and think that maybe God has just cancelled the action.
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory โ€ฆ The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Ugh, I just watched a video by TechDeals on Youtube, and he showed gaming chairs at the end of the video and I wondered if the arcade games in the background were real big ones or if he put small table top retro games on OMSP Resizers. :|

RpoIjMc.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When playing and my bird chirps loudly as the bird on the game. :)
    :) Smile!

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    when you see a house that someone has used in a challenge on YouTube, and you want to recreate that house in your own Sims 3 game with whatever you own, so you take a lot of screenshots with your tablet computer and try your best to recreate the scenes.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When you decide you need a newer faster graphics card to play all these shiny new super-demanding games, so you spend literally six months straight, with increasing desperation, trying to buy a GPU at MSRP in an utterly impossible market, waking up at 5:30 am on multiple occasions just so you can wage a mostly losing F5 battle against tens of thousands of others for the privilege of getting in a months-long line, until finally, by some miracle, you get your hands on almost exactly what you wanted....

And then the card sits on your floor, still in its box, for over a month, because in that entire time you've only played Sims 3 and your current card still runs the game perfectly fine.
    When you decide you need a newer faster graphics card to play all these shiny new super-demanding games, so you spend literally six months straight, with increasing desperation, trying to buy a GPU at MSRP in an utterly impossible market, waking up at 5:30 am on multiple occasions just so you can wage a mostly losing F5 battle against tens of thousands of others for the privilege of getting in a months-long line, until finally, by some miracle, you get your hands on almost exactly what you wanted....

And then the card sits on your floor, still in its box, for over a month, because in that entire time you've only played Sims 3 and your current card still runs the game perfectly fine.

I have the AMD Ryzen 3700X processor but have been thinking about buying a 5900X (for about $570) only because it might shorten Sims 3 loading times by a few percent. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited November 2021

Don't you just hate "miners"? :mrgreen:

Because I want to play FS2020, I've been eyeballing an Nvidia GTX3080...and I'm resigned to the fact that I may end up paying over $2000.00 just to get my hands on one. That's the price of this computer x4.

My son (the computer genius - he's going into computer engineering in university next year, Where the hell did the time go??? I was graduating high-school not so long ago...I thought...Oh, yeah, it's been 33 years since then) says, "Dad, you buy the parts and I'll build it for you." Thank you, son...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    When you dream that one of your sims die :'(
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    You imagine pluses or minuses above people's heads when you interact with them lol.
  • sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    You post a comment in a similar thread on TS4 forum and have to post here so as not to make TS3 jealous.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer It sounds like your best bet would be to buy a cheap card as an interim solution and then get the FS-capable GPU when this mess clears up, which should take somewhere between six months and 10 years. At least you have built-in tech support though.

@Cororon Funny, I've been reading about PCIe Gen. 4 SSDs and wondering, but taking advantage of one would require a new motherboard, which means a new CPU, and possibly a new cooler as well... I'm hoping I can convince myself to hold out for at least another year to 15 months.

I think anyone who's considering upgrading or rebuilding a computer that already runs Sims 3 perfectly well just to see if it's possible to do a little better more than qualifies as a TS3 addict.
    edited November 2021
    @Cororon Funny, I've been reading about PCIe Gen. 4 SSDs and wondering, but taking advantage of one would require a new motherboard, which means a new CPU, and possibly a new cooler as well... I'm hoping I can convince myself to hold out for at least another year to 15 months.

I think anyone who's considering upgrading or rebuilding a computer that already runs Sims 3 perfectly well just to see if it's possible to do a little better more than qualifies as a TS3 addict.

Hehe, yeah.

I'm sure you have seen tests of PCIe Gen. 4 SSDs and that they don't load games any faster than Gen. 3, and sometimes they take a second or two longer to load games. There still are too many bottlenecks. A SATA SSD is good enough for Sims 3.

To improve loading times for Sims 3 getting a CPU that is fast at compression/decompression is better than going from a PCIe 3 to 4 SSD. I like to look at tests where they compare how the processors handle 7-Zip. Sims 3 files are compressed, so even if you have a fast SSD you need a CPU that is fast at decompressing the files.

The loading times halved when I went from an AMD X6 1100T to a AMD Ryzen 3700X and the same speed SATA SSD. :) I first looked at an Intel CPU that gave more FPS in games, but I didn't have a need for that, and the Ryzen 3700X was better at compression/decompression and therefore a better CPU for Sims 3. 3900X was better still, but also more expensive.

I think I can live with the 3700X for now, but it would be really nice to have a 5900X... It's a bit faster and of the last generation CPUs my motherboard can use. :'(

cUrfGkA.gif
  • D3xt3r249D3xt3r249 Posts: 12 New Member
    When you oh so desperately want to upgrade your PC so the game can be smooth..

But as I am an 18 year old, in this economy, I am more Broke than Brandi at the start of TS2........
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    You know you are a Sims addict when you have the desire to learn Simlish!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    When you try to find that pretty Egyptian hairstyle & neckless for your Sims 4 Cleopatra & forgot it's in the Sims 3. Talk about getting my Sims versions crisscrossed. :D
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    This:
    22f90935d8080a7634db2ce87c9e3266a0ff97c7.png
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • ModernDayM0zartModernDayM0zart Posts: 20 Member
    When you compare Sim in game to IRL people
    When you feel bad because you don't feel like playing your game, especially when a big holiday is coming up and you feel like you "should" celebrate it with your sims. :neutral:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When you start seeing houses in real life that looks like something you made in the game. :)
    :) Smile!

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited December 2021
    When you start seeing houses in real life that looks like something you made in the game. :)

Or you see houses during the day and think I could make that in the game! And then wonder if you can replicate it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member

Or you see houses during the day and think I could make that in the game! And then wonder if you can replicate it! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This is me. There is a house on my drive home from work that I always say to myself "I should try and make this house in SIMS."
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top