Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the Covid 19 mod for TS4?

The world has been dealing with Covid-19 for over 2 years and although EA won't introduce Covid-19 to TS4, why haven't the modders done so? It seems to me that they've been able to do anything else they wanted. A mod like that could randomly affect an Elder since they were more susceptible to contracting the virus in the real world. Or it could affect a young adult and they could be carriers to infect other sims if they don't wear a mask in public for instance. Sims could go to a HSP to get vaccinated and have proof when asked if they have been vaccinated by other in-game sims. Sims could chose whether to wear a mask or get vaccinated. All in all a little more realism wouldn't hurt a simulation that seems to simulate everything else.

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No thanks, hard pass. Dealing with it in real life was more than enough.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    No thanks, hard pass. Dealing with it in real life was more than enough.

That'll probably be the average answer. People play this "simulation" to escape reality.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Any creator of a mod like that would also be heavily criticized for doing something in poor taste. The pandemic is not even over and more than 5 million people have died.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    It seems to me that they've been able to do anything else they wanted.

Maybe they haven't wanted to?

I'm glad that you don't seem to have been negatively impacted by COVID, but many people have and would not consider it to be a fun addition to the game. :smile:

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but creating a thread about how much fun you think COVID would be to play in a forum full of people from around the world who may have lost loved ones, lost jobs, or become very ill due to the pandemic, is quite insensitive.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    The Sims being a simulation game does not mean that it is meant to simulate real life. The Sims has never been about simulating real life. Unfortunately the Sims 4 seems to be moving farther and farther away from what the Sims used to be - quirky and fun and outrageous sometimes, which is a shame. I don't understand wanting to play a game that reflects all the awfulness in real life (I play the Sims to escape) but I respect that that is what you want, however, I think you need to find another game for that kind of gameplay. And I'm sorry that it probably doesn't exist but maybe there is a reason for that.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2021
    I haven't looked for any disease mods. I guess if I could pick a disease to have in the game it'd be a funny one like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. So many possibilities with that one, just imagine the mess your sim would make in the house.

lol, "E b o l a" is blanked out for some reason, i know its a hardcore disease but why block it out EA? Is cancer blocked out? It's killed a billion times more people. Covid isn't blocked either yet killed more. This forum censorship is insane.

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    The Sims being a simulation game does not mean that it is meant to simulate real life. The Sims has never been about simulating real life. Unfortunately the Sims 4 seems to be moving farther and farther away from what the Sims used to be - quirky and fun and outrageous sometimes, which is a shame. I don't understand wanting to play a game that reflects all the awfulness in real life (I play the Sims to escape) but I respect that that is what you want, however, I think you need to find another game for that kind of gameplay. And I'm sorry that it probably doesn't exist but maybe there is a reason for that.

I just want to know if the mod existed quite frankly. If I wanted on my game I could download it as I would do any other mod.
    It seems to me that they've been able to do anything else they wanted.

Maybe they haven't wanted to?

I'm glad that you don't seem to have been negatively impacted by COVID, but many people have and would not consider it to be a fun addition to the game. :smile:

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but creating a thread about how much fun you think COVID would be to play in a forum full of people from around the world who may have lost loved ones, lost jobs, or become very ill due to the pandemic, is quite insensitive.

I never said that I would have fun having a Covid-19 mod as part of the game. You did!!! As far as me being impacted by it, everyone has been impacted in some form or another. The Sims to me is a life simulation that reflects the good and bad of life. Is life just raising babies, going to work, making money, downloading tons of cc, cooking, eating, sleeping, partying, woohooing, and socializing? I hope not. The flip side of life is death. My sims die of old age. But some simmers lock their sims in a room and kill them, or drown them, or electrocute them. Is that "insensitive"? All I asked was is there a Covid-19 mod out there and all of a sudden I'm "insensitive" for asking? Please!!!!
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I just want to know if the mod existed quite frankly. If I wanted on my game I could download it as I would do any other mod.

Don't you have to kill a sim to turn them into a vampire? That may not be reflective of "real life" as you say, but is that fun? Even the sims creators made it so sims could die. So why the angst over a question about a mod that brings death? Death is a equal partner with life. You can't have 1 w/o the other.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    There are a lot of questionable mods that I personally find distasteful. That would definitely be one of them. But apparently modders have drawn a line regarding an ongoing, real life crisis. If you’re trying to rationalize your question by comparing COVID to vampires and game deaths, there is a big difference. Vampires, as you’ve been reminding everyone, are not realistic. COVID has been a worldwide tragedy that is still ongoing. As a frontline healthcare worker during this, I can tell you it is very real and has not been “fun.” I personally know 20 people who died of COVID and many more who were, and still are, seriously ill. Their deaths and suffering are not something to be exploited for amusement.
    cyncie wrote: »
    There are a lot of questionable mods that I personally find distasteful. That would definitely be one of them. But apparently modders have drawn a line regarding an ongoing, real life crisis. If you’re trying to rationalize your question by comparing COVID to vampires and game deaths, there is a big difference. Vampires, as you’ve been reminding everyone, are not realistic. COVID has been a worldwide tragedy that is still ongoing. As a frontline healthcare worker during this, I can tell you it is very real and has not been “fun.” I personally know 20 people who died of COVID and many more who were, and still are, seriously ill. Their deaths and suffering are not something to be exploited for amusement.

I commend your work as a frontline worker in the battle against Covid-19. However, I just downloaded Zombie Apocalypse and it's based on the same premise. A virus infects the inhabitants of the game and it's my duty to search out the zombies and kill them. At least I was hoping that a Covid-19 mod would allow infected sims to survive the pandemic by quarantine, mask, vaccination, and hospitalization. And any death caused by the pandemic would be based on age as is the case with the real virus. Not killing sims with a shot-gun, machine-gun or other weapons. It's funny how no-one raised an eyebrow about the Zombie mod, but the Covid mod struck a nerve in most respondents.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

I commend your work as a frontline worker in the battle against Covid-19. However, I just downloaded Zombie Apocalypse and it's based on the same premise. A virus infects the inhabitants of the game and it's my duty to search out the zombies and kill them. At least I was hoping that a Covid-19 mod would allow infected sims to survive the pandemic by quarantine, mask, vaccination, and hospitalization. And any death caused by the pandemic would be based on age as is the case with the real virus. Not killing sims with a shot-gun, machine-gun or other weapons. It's funny how no-one raised an eyebrow about the Zombie mod, but the Covid mod struck a nerve in most respondents.

It's because the pandemic is real and globally massive amounts of people are currently experiencing or recently experienced trauma related to it. EA and modders often do a good job of blending reality and fiction in the Sims. Sacrificial's mods are gory, but they also have a silly-vibe because they take the gore/tragedy/drama to the point of absurdity. A Zombie Apocalypse is absurd. It has not happened. A pandemic is happening right now. It's not absurd. It's something that a lot of people can unfortunately relate to on a personal level and isn't really appropriate for a game. The Sims is a game before it's a life simulator. The point of it is to make money by entertaining people. It's generally a faux pas to take something ongoing and extremely serious and put it in a game.
    I have a suggestion members. Lets end this discussion on Covid-19 and the Sims 4. It's too early after or during the pandemic to implement a mod that replicates the affects of it in this game. It was not my intent to raise the ire of the community, but that's what seems to have happened. So although I broached the subject, I'll not respond to any comment, or like any comment in the hope that it will just go away and we can move on to something a little lighter. Thank you all for your input! This is Darstep0301 signing out of this discussion.
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    I have a suggestion members. Lets end this discussion on Covid-19 and the Sims 4. It's too early after or during the pandemic to implement a mod that replicates the affects of it in this game. It was not my intent to raise the ire of the community, but that's what seems to have happened. So although I broached the subject, I'll not respond to any comment, or like any comment in the hope that it will just go away and we can move on to something a little lighter. Thank you all for your input! This is Darstep0301 signing out of this discussion.

Probably for the best to move on from this discussion, folks.

As many have pointed out, this is something we're all dealing with on a global scale that's also impacted many of us on a personal level. There are other games one can track down if they'd like that type of simulation, but this isn't one of them. I'll be locking the thread here.

Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top