March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips in Keeping your vampire safe during the day...

Hello World!

So as many of you my sim has turned into a Vampire.

It's an awesome thing, but as many good things, they always have disadvantages.

And for Vampires, iT's not feeding well, and exposure to sun.

My main concern is the sun, My sim is an Architect and works morning, outside building/remodeling homes. So I am worried if she goes to work, she'll burn down to ashes... :/

Anyone have any tips on how to keep your vampsim safe??

I've heard that It just gives you a bad moodlet, but I've also heard if you stay out too long you will burn to ashes...IDK...

Comments

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited October 2010
    In my game, my vampire sim has a day job. And he is just fine. They don't burst into flames the second the step out into the sun or anything.
    As for feeding, I use testingcheatsenabled true so while he is at work I can keep his needs where they should be until he gets off work.
    And if he is hungry in his off time he either goes off to grab a friend for a bite (literally) or he has plasma juice from the fridge or snacks on a plasma fruit (you can buy those from the grocery store).

Have fun!
  • RaeofsunshineRaeofsunshine Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2010
    From what I've seen, it takes a couple of hours out in the sun to even pass out. So, you should be fine, just take a couple of minutes inside the house every once in a while.
    As for food, maybe just carry around some of the plasma fruit from the grocery store in your inventory for a quick snack if you get desperate :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2010
    They won't burn to ashes I don't think. It gives you a warning to get your sim inside after a bit and if you don't your sim will pass out and temporarily lose it's special powers... It won't "die" though.
  • AjKaS102AjKaS102 Posts: 126
    edited October 2010
    Vampires will only pass out, they won't die from exposure to the sun. It's kind of wierd though, cause I had a glitch in my game which meant my guy vampire wouldn't burn in the sun :shock: .
  • xlivE13xxlivE13x Posts: 1,244
    edited October 2010
    the most that will happen is they pass out for a short time, and have a moodlet saying something about being in the sun way too long, it lasts 2 days.
    I have my vampire sim outside most the time XD
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2010
    A vamp has 3 hours safely in the sun 3.4 but it might take that 30 mins to get inside. Rabbit hole jobs do feed them properly so no worries there. You can always carry plasma fruit so you always have a meal if you don't want to bite somebody.

Owned cars are sun shelters but not all carpool cars are.

Time pauses in build/buy mode so no worries there. What kills them is having a huge garden and clicking tend at 6am while forgeting you are a vampire, gathering, vacation destinations in the day time if you try to go to a new location. Egypt is the worst, hide in a tent day one, hit a tomb at nightfall and spend all day in there, move the next night and, reporting in late at night is not easy :( Vamps don't travel well.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Now I want to build a nightclub full of windows and fill it up with vampire sims then remove the door and leave them there for when the sun comes up. Is that bad? :shock:
  • LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited October 2010
    Well yesterday, i buitl a 6X8 room, put windows all around it, kept the roof off, and put a vampire in it just to see what would happen...i was so disapointed that they smoldered for 3 hours then passed out, that was it. :mrgreen:
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2010
    LRM09 wrote:
    Well yesterday, i buitl a 6X8 room, put windows all around it, kept the roof off, and put a vampire in it just to see what would happen...i was so disapointed that they smoldered for 3 hours then passed out, that was it. :mrgreen:
    That all? Well, I guess I can always lock my butler in a room with no door and watchem fall over dead in a puddle of his own urine
  • LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited October 2010
    Vermatrix wrote:
    LRM09 wrote:
    That all? Well, I guess I can always lock my butler in a room with no door and watchem fall over dead in a puddle of his own urine

lol, yeah :D
  • acknaracknar Posts: 89 New Member
    edited October 2010
    would be nice to get some tips on some non-cheating ways to kill vampires. I have a new sim I'm working on to specifically be a vampire hunter.

Would have been nice to work up to Arch-Nemesis level and then instead of fight you get the option to "Drive Stake" :twisted:
  • nena0215nena0215 Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    lol ohh guys it went from nice tips to buffy the vampire slayer.
    Anyways seriously if you put them in a room with all windows they'll pass out. I was trying to build a Vampire safe house, with the back yard covered but with windows all over...but with a roof...tHOUGHT it would be safe for my vampsim.
    Darn...
    but thanks for the tips will try it..

Oh and while i was collecting simoleons from a club it was morning and I completely forgot and i saw that my sim was starting to burn...so i guess it depends on the sim or IDK, but i quickly sent her home, whooo that was close.
  • LCREYLCREY Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry this is slightly off topic. Are there any Sims 4 mods to make the vampire's powers work every time, especially during the day?