Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer dressing your sim in pack related clothes or custom content?

I've had this question nagging me for some years now. And it was "Should I dress in EA/Maxis designed clothes or Custom Content?" My answer was "I don't know." Custom Content or cc has it's pros in that it looks better, and more real than Maxis content. Plus I can get Nike or some fashion designers clothing that Maxis didn't or doesn't have in their wardrobe. The down side is that sometimes CC goes bad and finding it to remove it is tedious at best. Where-in Maxis designed clothing always fits right (no bleed through from the top over the pants). And it never goes bad. Anyway, what do you think?

Comments

• Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I prefer CC.
    There are hundreds of sims in my main save and they rarely wear the EA/Maxis clothes. I really don't like the overly bright and patterned swatches EA makes, plus CC has a better fall and fit.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    It kind of depends on the platform I am playing the game on. I have sims 4 on the PC, and the PS4. For my PC version, I do like using CC clothes for my Sims, since I have so many more options.
    However, the PS4 does not allow CC or Mods, so I can only use the EA/Maxis clothes.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It depends. I use maxis match cc. Much of my cc is recolors of in-game content or separating the layered/full body maxis content. So, I really us a mix of both.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Way too tedious for me too keep up with CC. There is generally plenty choice with all the packs and kits, in my opinion.

Granted, it is a personal choice all up to you. Nothing is inherently wrong with doing either.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    In past Sims games, I used a decent amount of CC but I found that I was overusing it and as a result, I didn’t notice and appreciate what was being added with each pack. Then whenever it broke, it was a pain to replace on sims and they’d walk around looking messed up. I haven’t used CC at all in Sims 4 (just mods) and I don’t miss it, and I prefer consistent Maxis textures anyway.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I don't use cc in my game, and I wish they had more grungy/ripped clothes. I have looked on TSR and MTS a few times and they have awesome stuff, but I know if I get started using cc......I won't stop :D
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I use a mix of both. CC hair though - that I couldn't live without.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've gone through phases of being into cc, but I haven't used any for a while now. Like you said, it can get outdated and stop working, and then it's a lot of work to track down what's wrong, remove it, and get new ones. Plus, I don't really like the style of a lot of cc--I prefer "maxis match" I guess, and I want that specific cartoony look, not realism, in my games, and so that really limits a lot of the cc I'm interested in in the first place. The main thing that got me into cc to begin with was just wanting certain maxis clothes and hairs available for kids & tots, or to have specifically more maxis match curly/afro-style hair, that sort of thing. It's stuff that probably COULD be included easily in a pack, but for whatever reason just wasn't, so it was nice to have cc to fill the gaps. But I don't like "real" looking clothes or hair in my game, or the more "model-y" looks that a lot of cc seems to favor. Lately I've stuck exclusively to official content, and honestly? Haven't missed the cc much. Maybe eventually I'll get in a mood and go "cc shopping" again, but for now, it just doesn't seem worth the effort most of the time.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I use both vanilla content and maxis match CC pretty interchangeably. I’d say I lean heavier on CC with my own sims, but lighter with their relatives/friends, who often get styled looks because I can’t be bothered to dress them all individually.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I never use CC
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I really liked some of the CC I had but then I got tired of hunting down the things that broke my game after game patches so I took all the CC out of my game. It was hard but not having to find the broken stuff amidst a ton of CC is so, so nice.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I prefer cc I don't like the styles and colors of clothing they add seriously does everything have to be skin tight.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I use what I think fits what I'm trying to achieve the best whether that be CC CAS assets or EA's content. I honestly haven't had anything but absolutely minor issues with CC for CAS (no more issues than I've had with EA's own content), and which have been easy to fix, so I don't mind using it at all.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I prefer to use the clothes that come with the packs but I do also use some CC because sometimes there just isn't enough options.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I like the idea of CC but to be honest I just can't be bothered with it cluttering up my game. I find the available selection of clothing more than enough for my personal needs.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I use what I think fits what I'm trying to achieve the best whether that be CC CAS assets or EA's content. I honestly haven't had anything but absolutely minor issues with CC for CAS (no more issues than I've had with EA's own content), and which have been easy to fix, so I don't mind using it at all.

The pack clothing looks a little cheesy sometimes but with diligence I've found some good combinations to dress my sims in. The problem with cc is the occasional bleed from tops not fitting the bottoms or the mesh going bad and the sims has spots all over them or nothing at all.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I like the idea of CC but to be honest I just can't be bothered with it cluttering up my game. I find the available selection of clothing more than enough for my personal needs.

I was a cc addict before I realized the potential that using pack clothing gave me.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2021
    I use a mix of both. Most of my CC is Maxis Match, but I have downloaded some hairstyles with more alpha-looking meshes (the textures are closer to Maxis Match, though, so they don’t look too out of place.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't use CC in the game, in Sims 2 and 3 I have, but for me in Sims 4 it is too much work just keeping up with everything each month when a patch is released.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I used to love cc clothing in the sims 2 era but for sims 4 I have tried to stick to what's in the game and I still don't feel the need for cc. With several EP and GP installed, I have so many items in CAS.

Perhaps I will start using a few maxis match items at some point, but it won't be much. The only thing I really miss is the fantasy hair colours for toddlers and children. If sims can inherit blue or green skin they should also be able to inherit the matching blue or green hair.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I used to use a lot of CC but haven't in a few years because I couldn't really stay on top of it. I still keep them in a folder on the side to use one day when the game stops being developed. But the longer the game goes and the more they add, the less I feel I need it. I tend to stick mostly to Maxis Match when I use CC (with some exceptions) and it's mostly fantastical stuff, historic styles from various eras, anime designs, gothy/Vampiric clothes and hairs, etc. Sims 4 has the best selection of CAS out of all the games to suit my preferred styles, and Get Famous in particular really added a lot of good CAS variety that I use a lot. I really like being able to play vanilla for a change, but sometimes I do miss the awesome CC I used to have.
    #Team Occult
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I don't use CC in my game at all. I find there is enough of pack related clothes for my sims.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I only have one piece of CC in my game, Mcrudd's French tip nails. I know the rabbit hole I fell down in TS3, and I've been pretty good with not installing any so far. I do like a lot of the Maxis match CC out there but I know I won't stop at just one. I'm risking it with mods and Mcrudd's nails. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I don’t use CC in the sims 4
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    CC hair, bodyhair and lashes are something I don't like to play without.
    I am fine with Maxis clothing for females, for males I do have some CC.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina