Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who do you control ?

ยซ13
Hi,

How many sims are under your control ?

Who do you control ? 183 votes

One sim
7%
bshag4lvAngela1000BeardedgeekFairyGodMotherkiwi84benson2006snoepjes1210OnverserMarkwilsonPlainevilcody6268L33tP33tNWJustMeAlb 13 votes
One household (several sims)
29%
Nh6650GalacticGalCamkatMi9shaoscarCaitxcathaneulAnmirlasimgirl1010RubyxAngelloubylouloualanmichael1goodcakebaker62LustianiciaCallycatCary1213phantasmkissTeeSeaSweetieWright_84Sajahirambahadoer 54 votes
Several households
30%
IcewolfMartinvrudolphaSikoahGraceJueJuePlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CIsb917SimburianbabajayneBoergeAarg61barracuda1574DarkLady2788sekojranaldmarkogreydonnashcrash19Mizzila1297blueyblueskyHarukotyan 56 votes
Several households + customize the NPC townies
32%
crocobauraauroraael14CK213Frn0731LeGardePourprealan650111AlexaielanorbretonCinebarNinoosimmonjr8302MindofymlmeadowsmotdkDaraviLeccaSindocatChadSims2Susim62RedDestiny92 60 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2021
    I try to manage 100% of the population and give a role to each sim.

I'm still a SimCity player who want to control the whole city.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I manage my "main" sim for the generation, half manage the kids/siblings who have yet to move out, and let "irrelevant" household members more or less do what they will until I need something done that the sims I do care about can't do (due to age, skill, or timing.)

And yet I still manage to have most of them sit down for Winterfest Dinner more often than not. :)
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I'm controlling about 40 sims in rotation. Some are ascended townies, some are born-in-game sims, others are from-scratch CAS sims. Although there have been a lot fewer of that last as my families have grown and sims enter adulthood with actual skills and life experiences.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I control all the sims in my household and i enjoy very much planning the city.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I control everyone. I have several households I play on random rotation and I mess what the NPC and townies if they get involved with my sims so they eventually become playable sims as well.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I play the whole world and roleplay it according to my story, so I play with all the households according to their role on the story
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Usually just one household, but in few saves I have several households that I control.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Several households
    I'd like to have NPC under my control too but for now it isn't possible without mods in sims 4
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I play my game like an interconnected soap opera. I have only had one save game since September 2014. I regularly add in fresh sims from the gallery to intertwine into my really twisted family trees. I just can't bear starting as new save since I have so much history and stories and characters I am attached to in this save! I do wish I didn't jump households so much though.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited November 2021
    Several households
    One household at a time.
    NPC townies are only controlled as part of played households.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Several households
    Usually only play a main sim and their supporting cast with the town left to the game. Right now, though, I have several ongoing stories, so Iโ€™m rotating around more.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2021
    Actually, I customize the NPC Uni dormies and I will replace any NPC townies in homes with my edited dormies.
    Some NPCs will stay like the Goths, Landgraabs, Behrs, etc.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Several households
    Usually I only play one household, but I play multiple saves and though I never get around to playing them/stick with them long, I do have fun making rotational saves. That's why I chose multiple. :smile:
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I do mostly rotational play, and in some saves I have maybe 30 households? Customizing the townies is an important part of every new save I start, and it can take a couple of weeks (or more) to get them looking how I want
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Several households
    Usually several households per save .. although many/most will only have one sim in them.
    In rotational saves I go into managed worlds fairly often and delete many townies that have spawned looking really odd or bad to me. If an NPC makes it into having a friendship with one of my sims then I spruce them up a bit. Maids, Butlers ect .. usually get some attention too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Mostly it's one household with two or more sims. Sometimes I'll play multiple households but usually have a favorite household.

When I first started playing I would makeover the key NPCs and I was also very diligent about catching and releasing the random townies after fixing their fashion crimes. I don't mess with the townies so much now unless they're really bad or I want to nab them and keep them as player characters.
    I don't seem to be able to keep it to one single sim, pretty soon they have a roommate(s) or a love interest/family to interact with.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't customize EVERY townie - just ones I have around a lot.

And the eight households I play are descendants or connections of my founders.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I try to control as much as possible. I want to be able to control where certain sims show up in the world's but that feature isn't available yet.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    Several households
    I rotate through quite a few households and while I don't customize every NPC townie I periodically like to update the stories and make matches for my liked families that I don't really play much.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    I play with all the premades and I have only made over townies in my game.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I control my sim and let the others if there are any take care of themselves barring a little input here and there.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I always start off with one sim and as their family grows so do the number of households I control. I always play through many generations.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    One sim
    Just one household, and usually just one sim, but I always find it impressive how others can play with so many different sims and households at once. I get way too attached to my sims for that, and I usually struggle to find one household I can get into, let alone the entire world :D
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Between one and a few households. Depends on the set up. It is still tiers of micromanagement, though. One sim is my main priority of my main priority household of the households I care enough to put effort in.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Several households
    I have 6 Game Saves based on certain Timelines & one Patch/Testing Game Save.