Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can make Sims 4 better?

This, has been on my mind, for a very long time. And I won't sugarcoat it. Sims 4 seems to be cut for quality, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy the little tid-bits the game offers, but it does NOT last.

Challenge is limited when it's something that isn't earned but given to players. I liked it when we could purchase cars and travel around the neighborhood, even after earning all these skills you just float around in game not able to use them for anything useful apart from social slapstick with NPC's; who only like you if you have any skill over lvl 5 or 6, or other rabbit hole jobs. Even personality, I mean, I think everything at EA is just face value, if it looks good, it must be right? We as humans can relate to sims for their social nature, limiting what you can do as person is not interesting. I'm not sure if the board room for EA has the idea of "How about for Sims 4, we imprison the players in lots again, we remove some iconic and standardized content and make people pay an arm and a leg for it"- you may as well had a subscription, which I believe you're doing for Sims 5 anyway.. surprise, surprise- "we ignore fans requests to enjoy and add value to game we spend money and time on, for our sake of 'instant' profit"- success is not instantaneous, if you don't put in the effort it won't reap the reward you expect- "and we will put some sort of fall guy for social media to ask what the public wants and give them barely that. Because we're EA, and we know what we stand for". EA - Egotistical Apathy.

They won't listen to what I say here, just like they haven't probably listened since October 28, 2020. When they had a game that was groundbreaking, open world, exploration, learning anywhere, meet interesting people, gifted and unique people, don't be limited by where you are or who you are. Customize everything, have more personality traits, define who you are by what you've learnt and or have done. And the unknow factor of: if sims were puppets, if they were to pull the strings, who would be in control, which adds that challenge, that meta joke of if we are worthy or understanding enough of being that version of ourselves, or someone else, or even just guiding that individual. I actually feel confined when playing Sims 4, might be just me. I'm not talking massive houses, I'm talking a wilderness to explore and more engaging NPC's, maybe add some sims that visit or something from other player lots, and that would be interesting, urban city centers with dance classes, levels over 10 that can prestige and get bonuses with personality rewards, or suburban country towns with a feud or past history. I really liked planning Sims 2 Storytime with taking a snapshot of your sims life from the choices and challenges faced from the reality of a virtual world to keep exploring, really had something there. No idea what happened, money I guess.

All I can really say, EA have fallen backward and will probably continue to do so, until they listen to what the public is after. I wouldn't be surprised if they have parties in closets and are okay with that. The risks EA are not taking, or maintaining, are losing them respect. EA has been branded and reported as cooperate greed by restricted what people have access to, they should be making us progress toward it minus the monetary value and more the sentimental and uniquely complex. And it's just sad to say that.

I'd love to hear what everyone misses about Sims and what made it loveable for them.
Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    @Captain_C there are threads popping up everyday with simmers giving ideas for what they'd like to see in the game. One thread you might want to check out was from the Sims team specifically requesting ideas from simmers.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992611/sims-411-forum-feedback-august-19th/p1

Also the general feedback forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see-in-the-game#latest
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I'd like to see Covid-19 introduced by EA or the Mod Squad. LOL
    @Captain_C there are threads popping up everyday with simmers giving ideas for what they'd like to see in the game. One thread you might want to check out was from the Sims team specifically requesting ideas from simmers.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992611/sims-411-forum-feedback-august-19th/p1

Also the general feedback forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see-in-the-game#latest

By the way simgirl1010 my profile picture was created with you in mind in reference to your request to have new households in TS5. It's Morgan Fryes made-over. And yes EA or the Mod Squads needs to introduce Covid-19 to the game.

@Darstep0301 How would you like to see Covid 19 implemented? 🤔 Would there be a chance sims could die?

@Darstep0301 How would you like to see Covid 19 implemented? 🤔 Would there be a chance sims could die?

Sure they should be able to die just like in the real world. But according to the information that we have, it should randomly kill off the Elderly (they only live 10 days in a normal life span game), and cut their time as Elders in half to 5 days. And the game should notify us of their contraction of the virus so we could wear mask in their presence. And all sims should self-quarantine for 2 days to see if symptoms of the virus appear in them. simgirl1010 everybody dies don't they? If a adult sim contracted the virus it should have a 80% chance of survival. A young adult should have a 90% of survival. A Elder should have a 25% chance of survival. And a child should have a 100% chance of survival.

Sure they should be able to die just like in the real world. But according to the information that we have, it should randomly kill off the Elderly (they only live 10 days in a normal life span game), and cut their time as Elders in half to 5 days. And the game should notify us of their contraction of the virus so we could wear mask in their presence. And all sims should self-quarantine for 2 days to see if symptoms of the virus appear in them. simgirl1010 everybody dies don't they? If a adult sim contracted the virus it should have a 80% chance of survival. A young adult should have a 90% of survival. A Elder should have a 25% chance of survival. And a child should have a 100% chance of survival.

There is no death in my game. :)

There is in mine. It's a fact of life.

And this game is based in reality and factual events? No. So no death for my simmies. :D
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!

And this game is based in reality and factual events? No. So no death for my simmies. :D

Is using the toilet, eating, sleeping, socializing, aging, having babies, buying homes, going to work, or woohooing "realistic factual events"? Of course they are. That's what made the Sims popular. It simulated life as we know it. As a matter of fact I would teach a child the responsibilities of an adult by letting them play The Sims as soon as they could learn how to use a pc. Want to teach about the benefits of having a job? Teach the child to get one through the Sims. Want teach the benefits of saving money? Teach through the Sims. Want to teach the natural response from losing a loved one? Teach through the Sims. If this game isn't based on reality, then it's sales would nosedive into the red.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited November 2021

Is using the toilet, eating, sleeping, socializing, aging, having babies, buying homes, going to work, or woohooing "realistic factual events"? Of course they are. That's what made the Sims popular. It simulated life as we know it. As a matter of fact I would teach a child the responsibilities of an adult by letting them play The Sims as soon as they could learn how to use a pc. Want to teach about the benefits of having a job? Teach the child to get one through the Sims. Want teach the benefits of saving money? Teach through the Sims. Want to teach the natural response from losing a loved one? Teach through the Sims. If this game isn't based on reality, then it's sales would nosedive into the red.

Not every single aspect of real life has to be in the game. You can have realism in a video game without having to go all the way.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    MMX wrote: »

Not every single aspect of real life has to be in the game. You can have realism in a video game without having to go all the way.

True, but TS4 is more like the updated version of MySims. A lot less 'reality' is in TS4 than the previous games. I mean who gets a spouse, a job, (with no education at all for the career) without out any effort, doesn't have to go to a hospital, ever, doesn't die from bad food, the flu, or any other illness, won't lose a spouse if they cheat, can date their step children, and can leave the doors unlocked unless the 'sharing is caring gang come by' never has to spend a dime on clothes, clothes never wear out, furniture never affects mood such as worn out dirty stuff, can live in a one room shack or no shack at all and be perfectly happy, can have puke in the floor and be totally happy but not if there is a dust ball....

I would say TS4 is the least dose 'reality' game of them all and everyone perfectly happy with another Sim even if they cheated, even if they aren't very attractive, even if they are mean, even if they are not so good, even if they are annoying, even if they have a weird pear shaped body frame generated the Sim bin, even if they are totally opposite each other, just any old Sim will do. Not based in reality at all in my opinion. Kids who sit quietly and do homework? lol...not in my real world. Never complain or throw tantrums, never play any games with each other just keep their attention on adults and sit around and talk to adults all day. The things I mentioned could all be reverted back to TS1 code and then the game may be better than an updated version of MySims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited November 2021
    Covid in the game nah nty, maybe some other kind of respiratory disease called by another name.
    This has been a rough 2 years. Having it in the game would be a reminder of that.

edited to add: My one request to make the game better rn would be a bigger world where we can set more plots and or move them around, and maybe remove the loading screens but I know thats not possible.
    edited November 2021
    faytheful wrote: »
    Covid in the game nah nty, maybe some other kind of respiratory disease called by another name.
    This has been a rough 2 years. Having it in the game would be a reminder of that.

But Sims could have died from the previous illnesses in GTW in 2015, they chose not to allow that, and have things like die from laughter. Like sure everyone does. I thought the pun was funny but I was just referring to how some claim the game is about reality when it hardly has any in it any more than MySims does and 5x less than the previous games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited November 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »

But Sims could have died from the previous illnesses in GTW in 2015, they chose not to allow that, and have things like die from laughter. Like sure everyone does. I thought the pun was funny but I was just referring to how some claim the game is about reality when it hardly has any in it any more than MySims does and 5x less than the previous games.

right, die from laughter, that wasn't a selling point for me :D but I get you. Think the game is a combination of reality, and fantasy. It has elements of both.
    But covid ? nah that's a little too close for me.

edited to add: I bought the game because some were complaining don't knock it until you try it.
    So I said ok I will try it. At first I was not happy with it barely played it, but now its not so bad, but I still play the other 2 games a lot more even though I have most of TS4 game packs a few stuff packs and things.
    Not trying to be rude to anyone but I don't like it enough to play it for 15 years.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i have turn off death in my game as well as using the mcc mod to make my sims imortel
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Cinebar wrote: »

right, die from laughter, that wasn't a selling point for me :D but I get you. Think the game is a combination of reality, and fantasy. It has elements of both.
    But covid ? nah that's a little too close for me.

edited to add: I bought the game because some were complaining don't knock it until you try it.
    So I said ok I will try it. At first I was not happy with it barely played it, but now its not so bad, but I still play the other 2 games a lot more even though I have most of TS4 game packs a few stuff packs and things.
    Not trying to be rude to anyone but I don't like it enough to play it for 15 years.

You're right I don't want Covid19 in the game nor do I want to see sanctioned Maxis masks in this game. Just no. But I would like a little more challenge like in the older games, that if I didn't figure out how to cure my Sim's bad cold it could turn into flu then pneumonia and a very good chance if I didn't keep their comfort up and get them some stuff to help them they would die. All that was player controlled in my opinion. Because I knew how to lock them in a room away from others so they didn't spread it all over town, and to the family, and knew juice and rest would cure it right up without any meds in the beginning. Those type of challenges are missing from TS4, sadly.
    Well now they have a new variant, so if you want covid in the game which one shall it be ?

@Cinebar, I get you. The other illnesses were named something different too. Played the doctor in the Sims 4, it was interesting, but not really challenging.
    I like challenges too. Playing Sims 3 now and getting bombarded with celebrity opportunities, phone ringing all the time, lots and lots of mail to scroll through because my sim doesn't get bills anymore but now she's getting these "gifts" and a few other things.

Seems like its gotten more challenging in Sims 3, think they know I like a challenge ? :D
    Well now they have a new variant, so if you want covid in the game which one shall it be ?

@Cinebar, I get you. The other illnesses were named something different too. Played the doctor in the Sims 4, it was interesting, but not really challenging.
    I like challenges too. Playing Sims 3 now and getting bombarded with celebrity opportunities, phone ringing all the time, lots and lots of mail to scroll through because my sim doesn't get bills anymore but now she's getting these "gifts" and a few other things.

Seems like its gotten more challenging in Sims 3, think they know I like a challenge ? :D

The thing about TS4 illnesses is the fact they will be fine in a few days (even if they have a bad moodlet) if you don't buy any meds. I just stopped buying the meds for them by the time I stopped playing. There really was no urgency about it, because even though they may have felt 'bad' and a discomfort moodlet, they were still pretty darn happy. It's like FX rain in some games, they really don't notice much.
  • TazzypooTazzypoo Posts: 1 New Member
    In build mode, as a base game feature, I would really love it if they had skirting boards! Like different heights and styles, some a little thicker than others. Sometimes I can’t decide what walls to do and having the option of. A skirting board would make it a lot better as it dresses the wall slightly. This can be put on the build area, maybe on the wallpaper picture, so like a little bar below the wallpaper to represent the skirting board. Also to pair this, you can add it for the top half of the walls too, for like a Victorian approach (kinda) so they have different lengths and you can add them both to any wall colour or print, you can add just the bottom part or just the top or even both! PLEASE CAN YOU CONSIDER THIS!!!
  • Selunaminerva2Selunaminerva2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would so awesome with the concept of neighborhood stories if your sims partner could propose to you so it’s not so one sided, if possible! It would make it interesting like you could even be a heartbreaker as a possible aspiration!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited December 2021

Are we still talking about this? One thread was already locked over this “let’s do COVID” obsession. Look. I worked in long term healthcare during this pandemic as a therapist. This wasn’t what I signed on for when I chose my career. I personally know 20 people who died of COVID and others that are on ventilators. I saw the mental health of our elderly residents slipping away daily because they were isolated from their families and each other. I have experienced depression and low level PTSD from the experience. Their experience and mine should not be exploited for other peoples amusement. The Sims death doesn’t bother me precisely because it isn’t realistic. I don’t need the game to reflect reality. The Sims is my escape from that reality. I don’t need gritty in a game that’s supposed to be fun. If you want death and destruction, play one of those first person shooters. Leave my safe space alone.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I think more toggles would improve my gameplay. I enjoyed rotational play in Sims 2 with seasons as you had the option to change all four into one. I made all four seasons spring, then started going through my rotation and was able to play each family with the same season. Once I completed the rotation I would change all the seasons to the next one. The problem with Sims 4 is I feel the need to play through the whole year with each family so I can enjoy the seasons/holidays with each. I keep the seasons at one week each as I usually don't have enough time in real life to spend playing my game. Unfortunately I find I get bored before completing each year. Being able to keep one season on like in Sims 2 would allow me to get through an entire rotation staying in each family for maybe a week instead of four weeks. I enjoy playing rotationally but find it difficult to do in Sims 4.
  • xfruitfetishxxfruitfetishx Posts: 1 New Member
    board games, prom , puberty , more skills for toddlers, rockbands, less load time, less bugs
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    One thing I believe that would make the game more interesting is if the Sims feelings for one onither didn't mirror each other. Sim A may like Sim B a lot, but the feelings may not be answered. It would bring a lot to the game.