Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of the Sims?

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sims 1- vacation
    Sims 2- never liked it so hardly played it and never bought any expansion packs
    Sims 3- seasons
    Sims 4- city living
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    TS1 - Makin' Magic
    TS2 - Seasons
    TS3 - Late Night
    TS4 - who?
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    TS1: Makin' Magic and Vacation. I personally don't think that any of the magic packs since have compared.
    TS2: University, I loved all the different courses that you could choose. Being in a dorm as well really made the experience for me.
    TS3: Island Paradise, loved the general theme of this pack and the fact that you actually had hotels that you could build on and send families there. The houseboats were a cute feature too and used to enjoy letting my Sims explore the island on the weekend (in game).
    TS4: Island Living, although I haven't been able to explore and play with all of the packs in this version, I would say atm, that this is my favourite. The scenery is beautiful and really makes it feel as though you're there with them. When the weather is grey and dull outside, I find myself gravitating to play with my families in Sulani.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    The Sims 2: Open For Business
    The Sims 3: Generations
    The Sims 4: Seasons
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sims 1 - Super Star
    Sims 2 - Nightlife
    Sims 3 - I skipped it.
    Sims 4 - Tie between Get to Work and Snowy Escape

I actually like more of the TS4 GPs than EPs: Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Island Living, and Realm of Magic
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The Sims 2 Nightlife is the apex of dlc for this franchise. It checked all boxes, and had everything done well.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: Open for Business
    Sims 3: Supernatural
    Sims 4: Realm of Magic
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    1: Unleashed
    2: Pets
    3: Pets
    4: Vampires
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited July 2021
    never played 1 or 2
    sims 3: either Pets or World Adventures. I love the quests and exploring the tombs. Pets is also my favorite because we can control them. I'm a huge animal lover, but can't have pets in ts4 because I need to control everyone in my household. Even with the mod, pets still have autonomy which doesn't work with my playstyle.
    sims 4: Get Together. Windenburg is my favorite world and I couldn't imagine playing without it
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Sims 1 & 2 I never played.
    >
    > Sims 3 Supernatural
    > Sims 4 Get Together

I hope you play them soon! It's very easy now. Many get started tutorials online!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Sims 1 ummmm...
    I don't know much about sims 1 packs because I've played the least of all games. I think sims 1 without packs is just fine and fun.

Sims 2 Nightlife
    Probably the best pack they ever made in general, with base game's gameplay detail, it's just chef's kiss.

Sims 3 University Life
    There are so many great packs in 3 but university is my most favourite. It gives so many cool features and activities. The pack's world is cherry on top.

Sims 4 Seasons
    Great visuals in-game because of weather (especially rain it looks so good here!!!!!! :D), holidays and a lot of new activities.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Sims 2- seasons
    Sims 3- supernatural
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 1 - Hot Date
    The Sims 2 - Seasons
    The Sims 3 - Seasons
    The Sims 4 - Seasons

I want to answer more varied, but Seasons is just so integral to playing The Sims for me that if it's there, it takes the spot by default.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Sims 3: Island Paradise
    Sims 4: Seasons

I never played Sims 1. As for Sims 2, I didn't play it properly enough to have a favorite EP. I was about 10-11 back then, and all I really did was create sims.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sims 2 : Nightlife or Appartment Life
    Sims 3 : Late Night, Seasons & Island Living
    Sims 4 : Seasons
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    1: Hot Date or Makin Magic
    2: Reallllly hard to pick. I couldn't imagine playing without Nightlife (cars, chemistry, dating!), but I also love Seasons, University, and Apartment Life
    3. Generations, followed closely by Late Night. Honorable mention to World Adventures and Seasons
    4. Seasons (only one I've played).
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2021
    See the problem is that most of them add something that I feel is "essential". I guess I would say Hot Date, because it was so fun to be able to go downtown for the first time! Oh hold on. Each.

1 - Hot Date
    2 - I guess University because it adds the long hairstyle for men
    3 and 4 - I don't have expansions for these
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    1. EP7 Makin' Magic : I like the spooky ambient of the Magicland
    2. EP2 Nightlife : Downtown and nightclubs, that's all I need.
    3. EP06 Showtime : Acrobat career is my favorite feature in TS3. The second favorite feature is the Firefighter career in EP02 Ambitions
    4. EP03 City Living : I can't live without a concrete world and skyscrapers
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Ooh, this is hard!

Sims 1: Hot Date.

The expansion that started it all, and was my only expansion for a long time until House Party, Pets, and Makin’ Magic. Vacation one was nice as well. But, it’s Hot Date that really holds a place in my heart. I’m a romantic, so that could be why, lol.

Sims 2: Open For Business and Seasons. I needed Seasons, of course. But Open For Business was great in satisfying my need for retail/business play, and it allowed for home businesses.

Sims 3: Island Paradise, Supernatural, and Seasons. Island Paradise and Supernatural were my first expansions, actually.

I didn’t play Sims 3 as much as the others, so I didn’t get any of the packs until much, much later.

Island Paradise gave me my favorite supernatural beings (mermaids) and gave us houseboats, underwater exploration, and hotels.

I had to download a fixed world version and mods to help with some of the technical issues, but I really loved the pack and played my families on that island a lot.

I also loved Supernatural because it brought in my other most favorite supernatural, the fairies, as well as vampires and werewolves. (Though werewolves were a bit too dog-like and silly for my tastes, unfortunately. I usually love werewolves in books and tv shows, etc.) Seasons, because seasons, lol.

Sims 4: Hmmm… hard decision! I love a lot of the packs. Seasons, Parenthood, Island Living, Get Together, and Vampires would be my top packs.

I can’t be without any of those.

And now Cottage Living and the Knitty packs are adding more stuff I really like as well…

Island Living gives me mermaids (even if they are a bit disappointing and no underwater exploring) and an island world, while Seasons gave us seasons and calendar holidays.

I am a family player, so Parenthood is pretty much essential for me.

Get Together has clubs, which I consider important for my gameplay, and Vampires has a great system and vampire customization.

Ugh, I thought choosing one pack for Sims 3 would be hard for me, but choosing one pack for Sims 4 is becoming pretty hard, too…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Sims 3: Island paradise (even with all the lag)
    Sims 4: This is a very hard choice. I like all of Sims 4's expansion packs equally, but my favorite game pack is either Parenthood or DHD. My favorite stuff pack is, by far, Kids Room.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    the sims 1 making magic is the beste fleshed out expansion EVER

a lot of spells which are very powerfull
    earning money frome home with the butter churn, making honey
    searching for ingredients
    LIVING IN MAGIC TOWN (this was a huge deal at the time!!!!!)
    Rollercoasters
    Climbing in beanstalks
    Many styles: dark and scary, festival and Baroque

Honerable mention: the sims superstar

For the first time you could go with your sim to work
    a lot of modern furniture (to this day the furniture is still very stylish!)
    Fashion forward skins
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 3:
    Ambitions (Inventions & Time Traveling)
    Generations (All Family Members)
    High Loft (Heartshape Bed)
    Into The Future (Time Travel & Oasis Landing)
    Late Night (Bridgeport with Vampire)
    Master Suite (Romantic CAS with Decor)
    Movie (Superheroes & Western)
    Seasons (Seasonal Festivals & Weathers)
    Showtime (Genie)
    World Adventure (China/Egypt/France)

Sims 4:
    Cats & Dogs (Brindleton Bay with Familiars)
    Get Famous (Historical/SiFi Costumes with cool objects)
    Get To Work (Aliens & Scientist Career)
    Get Together (Windenburg with Parties)
    Island Living (Sulani with Mermaids & Dolphin)
    Journey To Batuu (Alien Planet with SiFi outfits/decor/objects/gameplay & historical outfits)
    Jungle Adventure (Savadora with Ancient Fun with decor/objects/gameplay)
    Outdoor Retreat (Objects goes with Island Living & Jungle Adventure)
    Paranormal (Bonehilda with Medium Skill/Haunted House/Spooky decor & objects)
    Realm Of Magic (Glimmerbrook with Spellcasters)
    Seasons (Weathers)
    Snowy Escape (Mt. K with Wintery Fun)
    Spooky (Fairy/Historical/Sifi Costumes with Werewolf Picture)
    Strangerville (World that should of been in Get To Work)
    Vampires (Forgotten Hollow/Vampires with Victorian Decor/CAS/Werewolf Statue )

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sims 1 - Vacations, ahh such good times I can still remember the music.
    Sims 2 - Apartment Life. I really enjoyed apartment living in Sims 2. Open for Business would be a close second. I had a lot of fun running businesses in the game.
    Sims 3 - Can't say, didn't play it much.
    Sims 4 - I will wait for the rest of the packs and then decide, still room for one that can take the baby out of the crib :wink:
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2022
    For Me it would be >

Expansion Pack's>

The Sim's > Makin Magic

Sim's 2 > Nite-life, & Pet's

Sims 3 > Latenight, Pet's, Supernatural.

Sim's 4 > Cat's & Dog's. Island Living.

Sim's 4 Game Pack > Vampire's.

Those are My faves so far, Still waiting for Werewolves, :)

P.S. Sim's 4 > Realm of Magic as well, forgot bout that one.
  • baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Never played Sims 1

For Sims 2, it's probably Apartment Life. It has a special place in my heart on account of being the first expansion I had.

Late Night and Supernatural for the Sims 3, as much as I love the simulation aspect, for me what really matters is the Occult potential.

As for Sims 4, Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Island Living are up there. Both for the Occult gameplay and because sometimes I just want a convenient deserted island to start a new save file from.