Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things Simmers of the PC Version Still Want.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This is thread about what most/ or some/ or perhaps not all still want in TS4.

Instead of creating scenarios and so many kits (too many if they keep going) there were things we have been requesting for eight years now. I'm not sure why Maxis ignores these requests. But it would have made a heck of lot more sense to come out with some other things instead of scenarios. True, probably not free, however, I'm sure plenty would have thrown some money at the following things to get them into TS4. Eight years, and still not in TS4.

Eight long years of requesting the following:

Cars.
World Editor.
World Creator/CAW
Werewolves.
More, much much more Likes and Dislikes.
Fears.
Freed babies.
Slow Dance.
Dancing... Facing each other without the crowd.
A tool to create our own patterns, swatches.
Bands.
Other fame careers. Not just an afterthought.
More Traits!
Swimming in all worlds.
Better, More Relevant Rewards to buy with points.
Memories.
Hobbies, other than the three....jogging/aka workout, painting, writing. Sigh.
Graveyards!
Funerals. Respect the dead.
Fix the gender patch clothes' problems. Many of them are horrible when put on different frames. There is a thread to show Maxis all those problems.
More male clothing and styles.
Attraction system. For goodness sake why does one Sim prefer another? Enquiring minds want to know.
Different styles of staircases. There are hundreds of different type staircases in the world.
More roof choices.
Auto Roof for some.

This is just a sliver of the requests that have been made in the past eight years, that the other games actually contained. As always updates to the actual Sim is probably the number one request by thousands of players. A better AI and personality with memories, likes and dislikes, (more) fears, and individually that only could make the Sim very unique. Just like people who are unique, and individuals we need more emotions and traits that actually make them unique.

I'm sure I have left out dozens of other things that some of us would have preferred other than time spent on scenarios.

Adding others' long lists.

Hotels.
Daycare Active Career (I absolutely loved this in TS3).
Dance Classes for kids.
Better Weddings.
Small Pets, yes, it's not that hard.

Edit: Please read everyone's comments! there are so many things Not in TS4, after eight years. Wait...I'm still waiting on games played between kids....tag, hide and seek...eight years and not a peep.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited November 2021
    I would love some more scenarios and it would be cool if npc sims could do unexpected things to either make it more difficult or push your sim to a certain outcome. And chance cards and pop ups would also be nice.

Also want more hobbies and dance classes for kids and toddlers too. Also gymnastics, karate, etc.

Attraction system or romance pack with better weddings

I don't think a lot of people request this but I really want a daycare active career. It would be more fun with freed babies (if it's possible), stroller for toddlers, changing table, just more activities for toddlers and kids.

I guess prom or stuff for teens would be fun but I think I'm more itching for more stuff for toddlers and babies.

Bands would be super fun too. I had a lot of fun with Get Famous but I really wanted a band.

Hotels hotels hotels, pretty please. I really want hotels in this game and the ability to run one.

Small pets please 🥺. I really want guinea pigs (hopefully with proper research and not tiny cages with only one per cage), snakes, birds, etc.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I would love some more scenarios and it would be cool if npc sims could do unexpected things to either make it more difficult or push your sim to a certain outcome. And chance cards and pop ups would also be nice.

Also want more hobbies and dance classes for kids and toddlers too. Also gymnastics, karate, etc.

Attraction system or romance pack with better weddings

I don't think a lot of people request this but I really want a daycare active career. It would be more fun with freed babies (if it's possible), stroller for toddlers, changing table, just more activities for toddlers and kids.

I guess prom or stuff for teens would be fun but I think I'm more itching for more stuff for toddlers and babies.

Bands would be super fun too. I had a lot of fun with Get Famous but I really wanted a band.

Hotels hotels hotels, pretty please. I really want hotels in this game and the ability to run one.

Small pets please 🥺. I really want guinea pigs (hopefully with proper research and not tiny cages with only one per cage), snakes, birds, etc.

I'll try to add your request to the remaining things still missing in TS4. Because yes, the older games had those things you are requesting. And after eight years, I have to wonder why they don't ever get around to any of it. But go off with timed scenarios and or scenario gameplay in the first place when there are slews of things people have begged them about for eight years. I would like to see hotels myself. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited November 2021
    I really hope they add some of your requests so you can enjoy the game and join in on all the other wonderful discussion and sharing threads. ☺️

ETA some things I'd be happy to see before the game comes to an end.

Hotel, resorts
    Bed and Breakfast
    Private school option
    Amusement park vacation world
    Clothes cost money to purchase
    A system of separate finances for household members
    More household appliances
    Toaster, Blender, Mixer, Juicer
    Sewing machine
    Toddler interactive objects
    Toy oven for children
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021
    I have stopped wishing for things to come for the sims4, I mean, there are only so many years you can create threads or list things that you would like to have and never have them but get other things instead.

I understand that Maxis have to pick and choose what to make and I am not gonna tell them how to run a company... we did get some great content in the beginning of the year like Bunk Beds. And we have gotten some great content over the years. Some of my favorites was freelance jobs, bicycles, photo studio, eco footprint, suntanning and likes/dislikes.

...But I do wish that they could focus more on the more heavily requested things from the community.

And please make less weird things like bug farms, meat walls, etc. I don't know if other people like them but I have used those things like...once.

• Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Recently I saw someone playing on PC with mod that enables cuddling in bed and slow dancing for romantically involved couples. It made me realize that while there is romance in game, sims in Sims 4 lack everyday closeness with their partners. Like hugging during sleep, dancing to romantic music and maybe kissing while dancing. There is cuddle while watching movie from Movie Stuff pack but it’s just sitting closer on the sofa and they can’t even talk while doing that. I think we need more romantic interactions that can show those two sims are really close to each other not just generic kiss and hug and compliment appearance. That would mean a lot to me.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member

This!

And let NPCs have a life, please? Grow up, move out and go to uni or get a job, find friends, lovers, someone to marry (or not), have kids (or not), get promotions, divorce (or not)... just life, to bring more life to the community, rather than random autogenerated NPCs.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I pretty much agree. I'd just like to add horses to that long list.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I pretty much agree. I'd just like to add horses to that long list.

Yes! I can't believe I forgot that.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Why only Simmers of the PC version? I'm on console and would much rather (most of) the things you listed were focused on rather than kits and scenarios.

Some of things you listed seem so simple, it's surprising that they haven't been added and most of them should absolutely be free updates.

I'd especially like better rewards for satisfaction points; my Sim has over 9000 and already has all the traits I want her too so they just keep adding up.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    What everyone's suggested. Stores where sims go to buy clothes, food, games, books, etc.; multi-purpose community lots, skills start at 0 - not 1, screenshot albums tied to households - and the shots stay in proper order regardless of the RL calendar date, a lot more hobbies - and when sim reaches a certain level they get a membership card to the local club for that hobby a la TS2; more and better vacation locations with opportunities to visit local sights, take tours, and immerse in local culture
    What everyone's suggested. Stores where sims go to buy clothes, food, games, books, etc.; multi-purpose community lots, skills start at 0 - not 1, screenshot albums tied to households - and the shots stay in proper order regardless of the RL calendar date, a lot more hobbies - and when sim reaches a certain level they get a membership card to the local club for that hobby a la TS2; more and better vacation locations with opportunities to visit local sights, take tours, and immerse in local culture

Thank you for bringing up these Sims can't even go out and buy a video game let alone download one. One would think Maxis would be pushing EA games for the Sims to play. I loved all those boxed games on the shelves in TS2 :D I sent my Sims out to buy new games for their kids all the time. I miss shopping for things that matter to the Sims. It was actually a good advertising tool for EA, if I can sit and watch my Sims play other EA games, someone just might break down and purchase one. ( I know I did). I often had the parent or friend give the teen a new game as a gift on their birthday etc. Gift giving, anytime. :)
    I really hope they add some of your requests so you can enjoy the game and join in on all the other wonderful discussion and sharing threads. ☺️

ETA some things I'd be happy to see before the game comes to an end.

Hotel, resorts
    Bed and Breakfast
    Private school option
    Amusement park vacation world
    A system of separate finances for household members
    More household appliances
    Toaster, Blender, Mixer, Juicer
    Sewing machine
    Toddler interactive objects
    Toy oven for children

I have decided there are too many things to put on the original post still missing in TS4 that the other games do have. I like your list, I just realized we don't have mixers...juicer.. :/ I really like the tea options in TS4, those helped out my Sims often, but I would love the sewing machine with special outfits to sew (not available in CAS). Not even a toy stove in this game, either. My, how simple some of these requests really are.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    @
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have decided there are too many things to put on the original post still missing in TS4 that the other games do have. I like your list, I just realized we don't have mixers...juicer.. :/ I really like the tea options in TS4, those helped out my Sims often, but I would love the sewing machine with special outfits to sew (not available in CAS). Not even a toy stove in this game, either. My, how simple some of these requests really are.

@Cinebar you can find every one of these suggestions and many more in the Ideas Forum. But nice of you to start a master thread to keep track. 🙂
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    What we want:

Most of the things others have listed in this thread

Multi-Purpose community lots

Amusement parks

What EA keeps giving us:

Fashion and make up for CAS,boring little over-priced kits

I feel like EA is'nt even listening to us.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Body hair
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @
    Cinebar wrote: »

@Cinebar you can find every one of these suggestions and many more in the Ideas Forum. But nice of you to start a master thread to keep track. 🙂

It's why I started it in feedback. Because it seems they ignored Ideas (yes, I know there are dozens of threads) and went with other things such as recent updates. I think more people would be happier if they filled some of the lists people have been waiting on for eight years, rather than what they release in updates.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2021
    I want them to fix the memories and family dynamics in the game. Memories need to be reworked Sims don't know some of their family. Who they are, where they came from, who is in there family, how many family members they have. The dynamics of the family game play sucks. My sims want to marry there first cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Why the INCEST EA! I DON'T WANT INCEST IN MY GAME! I would love a world editing tool so, I can add swimmable water to the worlds that need it.
  • sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    In addition to bands, jamming with sims would be great. No drums, no bass (guitar, the fish is in the game.) At least I don't think there's drums and non-fish bass, I don't have all packs.

I never got ROM because what good is a witch that can't magically clean her house and...well, other cool stuff! Genies would be great, slapping hands, perfect food, magically clean and Best of All Banishing pesky sims!

I really miss Bust a Move. I guess Bro Hug and Bump is an OK replacement...I never got ROM because what good is a witch that can't magically clean her house and...well, other cool stuff! Genies would be great, slapping hands, perfect food, magically clean and Best of All Banishing pesky sims!

I really miss Bust a Move. I guess Bro Hug and Bump is an OK replacement...
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Why only Simmers of the PC version? I'm on console and would much rather (most of) the things you listed were focused on rather than kits and scenarios.

Some of things you listed seem so simple, it's surprising that they haven't been added and most of them should absolutely be free updates.

I'd especially like better rewards for satisfaction points; my Sim has over 9000 and already has all the traits I want her too so they just keep adding up.

I have to agree, Console Simmers and PC Simmers both want the same things rather than worthless kits and boring scenarios.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    sushicrow wrote: »
    I really miss Bust a Move.
    Just thinking about that move put the biggest smile on my face. It was so ridiculous and amazing all at once. Would love to have that back. Hahaha!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    CTRL+F "Dragons," 0 results.

I'm disappointed, guys.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    CTRL+F "Dragons," 0 results.

I'm disappointed, guys.

don't worry Gordy, maybe we'll get real (house sized) dragons rather than miniature dragons in the sims 4, hopefully we also get a Dracolich aka an undead dragon.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I think I want World Editor (and swimmable waters) when I want the worlds to have more interactable objects which would make them more interesting to explore and it would make playing at different parts of the neighbourhoods more meaningful. I just really want to have more reasons to explore the neighbourhoods and more fun things to do outside of the lots. It feels bit of a waste to have pretty looking worlds/neighbourhoods when there's not much to do outside of the lots.

Renovating and fixing bikes (or cars) with handheld tools (not with a big item like fabricator).

Bigger terrariums for frogs and insects and being able to care for them (and fishes!) i.e. feed them and clean their terrariums/aquariums. Terrariums could have different layouts to choose from. Other small pets would be great too.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I want to see more after-school activities for children and teenagers, like football, soccer, baseball, basketball, and volleyball.

I also want the Sims team to put in highschool graduations and graduation ceremonies.

I'd like to see various bird pets in the game.

I'd like to see a lot more cuisines from other countries.

I want more venues, like a movie theater, daycare centers, doctor's offices, and barbershops/hair salons.

I want to see burglars in the game and to have consequences in the game too.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Babies being a bassinet instead of real life stages
    Preteens
    Cars
    Body hair
    Turn ons and turn offs
    World edit
    Open swimming in all worlds with water
    Multi lot type for community lots
    Slow dancing and Sims simply dancing together

Just a few of the missing objects I find not having so annoying 7 years in

Pool slide
    Diving board not counting that ugly platform)
    Pool table
    Telescope normal size
    Changing rooms for retail
    Working clothing racks for stores call me crazy but I don't buy off a mannequin
    Photo booth
    Drums

Also I completely agree we still don't even have simple basics for male clothing but the same can be said with facial hair I think Sims 3 had more options at release then Sims for has in total of 7 years.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"