Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios.....

In my game only three scenarios are showing up. I heard there is a total of five but the last two don't appear in my game.
What should I do?

Comments

• ElnVldElnVld Posts: 22 Member
    same :(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I don't think the other two have officially released yet. They're only visible if you play off line.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I tried offline, and they did not appear then, either.
  • SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm not sure I understand the point of the scenarios. I completed the one to earn 1,000,000 simoleons. Will you be given recognition for being the first player to complete it?? In other games you complete "quests" and are given gear, gold, or whatever. I'm wondering if I'm doing to the scenarios just to do the scenarios. In which case, I'm just doing something in the game that I can do whenever I feel like it and/or fits into my game play. Maybe it's just the competitive nature in me coming out. Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I missing the point??
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm not sure I understand the point of the scenarios. I completed the one to earn 1,000,000 simoleons. Will you be given recognition for being the first player to complete it?? In other games you complete "quests" and are given gear, gold, or whatever. I'm wondering if I'm doing to the scenarios just to do the scenarios. In which case, I'm just doing something in the game that I can do whenever I feel like it and/or fits into my game play. Maybe it's just the competitive nature in me coming out. Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I missing the point??

I am in the midst of creating a master save for my game.
    This will have all my favorite sims, homes, and community lots all set up with established relationships and social networks. These scenarios will be great for taking some new sims and playing them in my rich world with my favorite sims. I might even edit my master save to better serve the new scenarios. However, these scenarios need something more, like chance cards or something.

I am playing the Finding Love scenario.
    What stands out to me is the Relationship status set up given at the beginning.
    I forgot what it was at the beginning, but it made it very difficult for them to interact at all.

Right now they are "Broken up" and "It's very awkward".
    Some have said these are just aspirations, but I disagree. Aspirations tell you specifically what to do. It's basically a to-do list.
    This is more open ended and you decide what to do. If you play it again, you can try something else.

This is how I am playing the scenario.
    I don't know what split them apart, so I have to make something up
    Joel is Romantic, Outgoing, and Self Assured. Rain is Cheerful, Jealous, and Lazy.
    11-03-21_5-16-35_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So I am assuming Joel got intimate with another sim and Rain found out about it.
    They are living in a trial period now, before one of them has to move out. They are sleeping in separate bedrooms.
    I am burning the candle from both ends. I am trying to bring these two together, but I am also having them meet other sims.
    It is a mix of platonic friendships and romantic interests.
    11-05-21_8-41-45_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-05-21_8-41-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My self-made sub-goals are to earn the Great Story Teller, and Beguiling reward traits, which should aid them in the end game.
    I am giving the Friend of the World and Serial Romantic aspirations to support the scenario. I also added a custom aspiration called Pleasure Seeker. The Pleasure Seeker aspiration has them going to the Spa, Dance clubs, buying a hot tub, etc. I jump between these aspirations as I see fit.

11-03-21_7-34-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-03-21_6-37-32_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Towards the end game...
    I am going to send Joel and Rain on a vacation once they both have the Great Story Teller trait and at least one of the have the Beguiling trait.
    And then I will focus on having them repair their relationship while on vacation. Their charisma skills will be high by then and it should be pretty easy while I have them have fun on vacation. I will try not to trigger the end game while on vacation

Hopefully they will be rock solid when they come back home.
    But they will then have to make some decisions. I will be looking at the other sims they have met since this began and decide will they stay together or go with someone else. I will then try for one of the scenario endings. The first one that triggers the ending keeps the house. The other has to move out. Or they stay together if they reconcile.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    In my game only three scenarios are showing up. I heard there is a total of five but the last two don't appear in my game.
    What should I do?

Only two are permanent right now: money and finding love after break up. Toddlers are up until 17th. We should see more later, but whoever can see all of them now have some kind of glitch I guess.

• Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I have 5 and I'm playing the Making Money scenario as we speak. Making Money requires you to make a million simoleons to complete it. That's step 3. Step 1 is to move onto a lot where upon doing so you lose every penny you have until you work and get paid or sell some plants found blooming or sell fish from fishing. Step 2 is "???", which means to me "make money by any means necessary". I usually grow produce and don't sell it to keep from getting rich too quick and not working a career type job. But the Making Money scenario stopped all that. And my produce is for sale plus I work in the Culinary Career Path. I'm waiting to see what happens when I reach 1,000,000 simoleons.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    What should I do?

Only two are permanent right now: money and finding love after break up. Toddlers are up until 17th. We should see more later, but whoever can see all of them now have some kind of glitch I guess.

Thank you. I thought there was something wrong with my game!.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    I'm waiting to see what happens when I reach 1,000,000 simoleons.

Nothing. 😄
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Nothing. 😄

I finished the toddler scenario earlier and all 4 sims in the household got some reward points in honour of my victory so presumably the same applies to all scenarios.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member

Nothing. 😄

I finished the toddler scenario earlier and all 4 sims in the household got some reward points in honour of my victory so presumably the same applies to all scenarios.

Yes, I should have said nothing particularly earth shattering. Except for newer players who've not had time to rack up reward points. I think we'll see more substantial rewards with future scenarios.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Nothing. 😄

Yes, I should have said nothing particularly earth shattering. Except for newer players who've not had time to rack up reward points. I think we'll see more substantial rewards with future scenarios.

Hopefully, yeah, if we get more complex scenarios. I wonder if they will introduce pack specific ones, like looking after the maximum number of cats/dogs or running a successful cattle farm.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Little update on my post above.
    Those two are going to end the scenario on their own unless I take advantage of Rain's Jealous trait to slow things down.
    Their vacation in Komorebi is sweet.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Mishka487Mishka487 Posts: 86 Member
    I think instead of offering reward points for completing a scenario they should offer like a new hair style, home decor, new outfit, etc. Just offering reward points for the sims you start to complete the scenario which you may never use again isn't much of an incentive to play it. But if they offer something special that I could use with any of my sims, now that would be more worth my time to complete the scenario. Just my opinion. :smiley:
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    So far I've had the breakup one, toddlers, millionaire, and the new holiday one. I like getting rewards points because I made new Sims for the scenarios, so it was nice to buy traits for them, but I wish it was double the amount of points because the reward traits are expensive. Or maybe also include a new outfit, item or personality trait unique to the scenario.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I am not playing the scenarios, but I'm wondering, since two of them were time-limited, if that's why it looks like they're missing?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I just finished the Extraterrestrial scenario. My first try took 20 days. I wound up getting the aliens at the Geek festival. I got 3 the first time I went and 2 the second time I went. I just kept exploring until the festival was over. My sim was an Astronaut. But I just had a thought. At some point I'm going to try again to beat my time. My thought is instead of moving him into a house, I'm going to move him on an empty lot and buy the rocket. And a tent, shower, toilet, and frig. put under a roof to protect them from the weather.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    I was working on Perfectly Well Rounded but it seems broken. It has clocked the number of friends made but still shows 0/3 for the skills when it should show 2/3.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'm now doing the unlucky cook and I want him to ask a sim on a date but the option is not there. I' kept looking for it, but no. There now engaged, but can't go on a date. what the heck?