Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see more pack trials in the future?

Following the City Living trial in spring and the Eco Lifestyle trial in summer/fall, I'd like to see what the community thinks about the pack trials.
Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.

Would you like to see more pack trials in the future? 80 votes

I want more pack trials
32%
alexspoom13babajayneMariefoxprice83lisasc360MayaRose1138MasonGamerEnkiSchmidtBreazonaEricasFreePlayEvilyn_1007mikamakimonMondayllejenaEdithVCaprianaBPurpleHeatherClousinatorsIsharellSagaLundkvistGrimlyFiendish 26 votes
I don't want any more pack trials
2%
Goth583Violetta 2 votes
I have all the packs, and I love that other people can try the packs for free
42%
Isb917simgirl1010DarkLady2788AncientMusegreydonnSimplyJenWinterKhirinCallycattaydevKhrisstyneBabykittyjadesnoepjes1210HermitgirlkappowanSheriSim57QuaaymustenicalipossRedShoe7rh2006fan 34 votes
I have all the packs, and I don't like the pack trials
5%
MartinvAPottsfiercephoenix91SERVERFRA 4 votes
Other (Comment your opinion)
17%
bintalshamsa1halloweenchildCAPTAIN_NXR783bienchenMDianaSimsSheepilingPlainevilSeashoreLiviaRouensimsSimmingalVINNIHCangwenUmbreon12VeeDub 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have all the packs, and I never buy any immediately after release, but I also don't know if I'll ever feel the wish to use one of the trials. So I guess I would say I'm pretty much indifferent about them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2021
    I've always liked the concept of "try before you buy". It gives the consumer the opportunity to make a well-informed decision before opening up their wallet.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I don't own all DLC but I do own the ones that were on trial and I think it is a good idea. That way those who are on the fence can see if a pack will be something for them.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I own all the Sims 4 content released to date.
    If, in the future a certain pack is missing in my library and a trial version is made available for a limited amount of time - I’d certainly be delighted to have an option to sample it!

I occasionally play trial versions of other games and typically about half of them would prove to be very uninteresting to me, so at least I did not invest money in those games and only a small amount of my time. Another game will get my money only because I was given an opportunity to try it and ended up enjoying it more than I initially thought I would.

I think EA should continue to release trial versions of Sims 4 EPs for anyone who’s still on the fence.
    There’s a much higher chance that somebody will buy it after expanding their gameplay with it, so offering trial versions is probably one of the best tricks in the box.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I haven't tried any since I usually grab the DLC pretty close to release, but definitely bring them on. There is nothing bad about demo-ing a game. In fact, it is really the natural order of things that some publishers forgot. Video games are an interactive medium; video trailers can only tell you so much.

If anything, I think the trials shouldn't be so limited. Per account, you should be allowed a timed trial of each DLC. If you're confident in your product and have a fair refund policy anyway, this should cause no issues.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think the pack trials are great for people who don't have them! I have all the EPs, I would try DHD or JtB if they made GP trials. Though overall I think it's better to have trials for EPs only. I have played a couple of trials or free first episodes for other games and they really help a lot.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I want more pack trials
    I have most of the EP's and some of the GP's, but even so, I'd love more trials.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I want more pack trials
    I'd love to see more trials for more pack types, but as @musteni said, EP trials are really solid. EPs have the perfect amount of content to try before you buy.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    I want more pack trials
    I want more trials because I only have three packs : cats & dogs, seasons and dream home decorator, so it's really fun to be able to play some new aspects of the game because I find that eventually the gameplay with these 3 packs gets really repetitive and it's fun to try new things
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    I want more pack trials
    Also before I got the sims I didn't know whether I wanted to buy it but I did like a CAS demo game and then a free trial of the game and I realized I wanted to get it, and the same day I decided to buy it the game was free lol
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited October 2021
    I want more pack trials
    I'm only missing JTB and while I don't want to buy it. I wouldn't mind playing it in a pack trial.

But even if I had all the packs, I'm glad that people get to try them out.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I currently have all of the packs (with the exception of JtB, which I have no desire to buy or try) ... but if they ever release a pack I'm on the fence about and they offer a free trial to test it out for my particular gameplay, then I would definitely be happy about that.

Plus, I think it's great for players who don't buy everything on release to try and see if they like it. So yeah, bring on more trials! It's also fun to read what the "trial-ers" think about it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have all the packs and kits, I don’t use mods or CC so having new variety often keeps me more interested. I think offering free trials is a great marketing strategy and great for players to see if they like a pack before buying it.
  • Options
    I want more pack trials
    I decided to buy it the game was free lol

BESTIEEE!! I know I've said this to you before (I think), but I GOT THE GAME FOR FREE TOOOOO!!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have all the packs I'm interested in and while I don't mind pack trials and see them as a way to advertise without much effort, so one cannot really be against them, I wouldn't go as far as to say I love them.
    I'm pretty much indifferent, bt leaning to be against trials, because I'm afraid EA might count them as content. If the start to think, oh well, we will do one pack/base game patch less a year because we can earn the same amount of money by setting an older pack on trial, that is where I'd be against them. They will obviously not state they do such a thing but as a profit based company, the idea doesn't seem far fetched.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I would say I'm ambivalent on the issue. I don't really want them, but I'm not really opposed to Maxis adding them either.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I want more pack trials
    I don’t one how to post my vote but I want more pack trials. I’ve only been playing for about a year so I don’t have all the packs yet and when I do buy them, I’m getting them in bundles to save money. After the City Living one, I liked it enough to get it in my next bundle. I wasn’t as impressed with Eco Living but it was harder to try out all the features in a short trial. I think they should open it up to game packs as well because there are some like Strangerville which people might like to try first.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have all the packs I want so the trials are not useful to me but I don't see any reason why other people can't benefit from them.
  • Options
    I want more pack trials
    A new pack trial for Get Famous will be available on October 28! The thread can be found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994885/get-famous-free-trial-october-28/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't want any more pack trials
    I don't see the purpose of the trials. It feels like they know they messed up and it is a desperate cry to make people try something that's not 100% complete. I will stick to my CC and mods to enhance my gameplay. I bought Country Living solely for the theme thinking they finally got a clue, but no.

If it was a trial available to a select amount of people who are NOT Gamechangers and they could play BEFORE the release, then I think that would be far more beneficial.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I have all eps up to now so I haven't really gotten into any trials
    (don't know if there is issues with them)

but tbh I think I would probably like to try batuu on trial if they did it for that

like it isnt really my niche so i don't really feel comfortable putting my moneys for it but if i could test it first i could see if theres something that goes with my playstyle
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I put in other, I don't have all the packs, so some of the trials are nice to have. I didn't have Eco Lifestyle, so the trial kind of gave me an idea of what it is about, if I ever want it for my game. There are the newest packs I want but I will wait until sales to get those which is Cottage Living. Back to the trials, though, they are a good way for new players to play the expansion, and figure out if it is right for them. I have played previous versions of the Sims, so most of the packs I have are based on what I liked on previous versions. So, pack trials are good for those who are undecided on the pack, and for new players to experience the game.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I want more pack trials
    I would like more pack trials. I am missing several EPs, GPs and SPs and I haven't bought them because I don't know if I would use anything from them in my game to spark my interest. I stopped getting packs sometime after Discover University was released but I would love to finish my collection in the future.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm indifferent to it. I only play my legacy save, and I don't get a new pack until I'm ready to plan a generation around it, so I don't really use pack trials. I'm glad other people enjoy them though, but whether they continue doing this or not won't effect how I play the game at all.