Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Regarding yesterday's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.81.72.1030 / Mac: 1.81.72.1230)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 2021.3.2

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2021-57466763 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995117/broken-updated-mods-cc-nov-21-scenarios-patch/p1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    @Bonxie regarding luthienrising's post, there is someone who reported that MCCC is not working in their game, despite it being deemed compatible. I haven't yet powered up my game today to check mine.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AshBSaki1900AshBSaki1900 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. Is there any way in MCCC to make time pass ? Like I want 10-20 generations to go by n I decreased the lifespan n gametime n maxspeed ran it but was wondering if there was a way to make a certain number of years /time pass cuz this method can get messy.
  • sidkneeirlsidkneeirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I wasn't really sure where else to post this but I have been encountering a glitch that has occurred since the recent November 2021 patch and it is really affecting my gameplay. When I go into build mode or take a picture of another sim with a phone or camera, every time it switches back into live mode, the WHOLE bottom part of the screen showing my sim and the speed toggles, and all their needs just disappears and won't reappear until I exit the gamer entirely and reload. I don't really know what to do because this happens every time I go into build mode and it is really annoying LMAO. If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. Thanks for reading!
    Hi. Is there any way in MCCC to make time pass ? Like I want 10-20 generations to go by n I decreased the lifespan n gametime n maxspeed ran it but was wondering if there was a way to make a certain number of years /time pass cuz this method can get messy.

Not in the way you're intending it (passing 20 - 30 generations), if I got you right.

You can alter game time speed with this setting from an ingame computer or tablet:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Game Time Speed
    It sets the Sim-time-to-real-time. The lower this setting is, the faster the Sim's day runs which results in being able to accomplish less in a day. The higher it is, the longer the Sim day lasts. Default is 25. For example, to make a day last twice as long, the value could be set to 50. If you set it to 12, a Sim day last only half of the usual time.

This setting should be only used, if you really know the side effects. It's no fast forward, it only shortens the days. It can completely mess up your game until being unplayable at all.

I'm pretty sure that this is not what you're looking for. Unfortunately there is no other option to manipulate the timeline in MCCC and I never heard of another mod with that function.

edited November 2021
    sidkneeirl wrote: »
    I wasn't really sure where else to post this but I have been encountering a glitch that has occurred since the recent November 2021 patch and it is really affecting my gameplay. When I go into build mode or take a picture of another sim with a phone or camera, every time it switches back into live mode, the WHOLE bottom part of the screen showing my sim and the speed toggles, and all their needs just disappears and won't reappear until I exit the gamer entirely and reload. I don't really know what to do because this happens every time I go into build mode and it is really annoying LMAO. If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. Thanks for reading!

Sorry, I don't understand.

You want take pictures of a sim with a phone in build mode?

Is this a basegame feature or a feature added by a mod? Never heard of that before. Could you please explain in detail?

Do you use TOOL or BetterBuildBy by tmex? Those mods have the sim camera activated in BB mode. If so, they broke with the latest patch but are already updated by the author. You have to redownload the latest version.

But neither TOOL nor BetterBuildBy give you a phone option in build mode. That's what I don't get.

Meanwhile check the mods you're using. There was some damage after the last patch. You might have a look at the broken mod list here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995117/broken-updated-mods-cc-nov-21-scenarios-patch#latest.

You're problem is certainly caused by a mod issue.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2021
    Is there a setting in MCCC which would allow sims with a romance bar to autonomously kiss before having their 'official' first kiss (as directed by the player). Months ago, I had several sims autonomously kiss another sim who they had a romance bar with and who they had not had a first kiss with - this happened a number of times and they were proper 'on the lips' kisses. The sims felt flirty at the time. The game didn't count them as first kisses though as the option for 'first kiss' was still there.

I was just doing some experimenting in my game and it appears that this no longer happens in my game. Flirty sims who have a good romance bar with one another but who have not had their first kiss do not autonomously kiss anymore.

The only mod that I use which could affect this is MCCC but I don't know what setting would have caused it. I did delete MCCC and do a clean install of it a while back because I was having some issues with multiple CoL townies spawning. So, my MCCC settings might be a bit different now.

Does anyone know what setting in MCCC could have been causing these autonomous kisses? Because I'd like to turn it back on if possible!

ETA: Update: I just found a backup of my old MCCC settings from about a year ago. Put the settings.cfg file in my game and just had two sims with a romance bar but no player directed official 'first kiss' have an autonomous kiss! So curious. I wonder if this is just coincidence or has something to do with some MCCC settings...
    Is there a setting in MCCC which would allow sims with a romance bar to autonomously kiss before having their 'official' first kiss (as directed by the player). Months ago, I had several sims autonomously kiss another sim who they had a romance bar with and who they had not had a first kiss with - this happened a number of times and they were proper 'on the lips' kisses. The sims felt flirty at the time. The game didn't count them as first kisses though as the option for 'first kiss' was still there.

I was just doing some experimenting in my game and it appears that this no longer happens in my game. Flirty sims who have a good romance bar with one another but who have not had their first kiss do not autonomously kiss anymore.

The only mod that I use which could affect this is MCCC but I don't know what setting would have caused it. I did delete MCCC and do a clean install of it a while back because I was having some issues with multiple CoL townies spawning. So, my MCCC settings might be a bit different now.

Does anyone know what setting in MCCC could have been causing these autonomous kisses? Because I'd like to turn it back on if possible!

ETA: Update: I just found a backup of my old MCCC settings from about a year ago. Put the settings.cfg file in my game and just had two sims with a romance bar but no player directed official 'first kiss' have an autonomous kiss! So curious. I wonder if this is just coincidence or has something to do with some MCCC settings...

Hey, @MaggieMarley, good to see you again. First thing that comes to my mind is this setting:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Behavior > Kisses Always Available

The intention of that option is different, but maybe it could have the side effects you're looking for. Default value is `disabled`. You might check whether it's enabled in your old mc_settings.cfg.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Thank you @Bonxie I actually think I spoke too soon because I did some more experimenting with my new settings.cfg file and am getting autonomous kissing with that too. I don't have the 'kisses always available' option switched on with MCCC so I don't know if it's an MCCC setting which is causing this after all... Maybe it's just a game feature or glitch?
  • littlespaceaddictlittlespaceaddict Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone that can help me figure out which mod/cc is causing issues for me. I have an mc exception after recently updating several mods and deleting the old cache. Gameplay still seems to be working. The exception mentions something with trait tracker and to be completely honest I'm still very new with mods and not sure I know exactly what that means.
    TIA
    Anyone that can help me figure out which mod/cc is causing issues for me. I have an mc exception after recently updating several mods and deleting the old cache. Gameplay still seems to be working. The exception mentions something with trait tracker and to be completely honest I'm still very new with mods and not sure I know exactly what that means.
    TIA

Due to restrictions in this forum it would be easier if you show us your exception file on our MCCC discord.
    Use this link for access: https://discord.gg/mccc
  • littlespaceaddictlittlespaceaddict Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > Due to restrictions in this forum it would be easier if you show us your exception file on our MCCC discord.
    > Use this link for access: https://discord.gg/mccc

Hey! Sorry for being a waste of time. But while waiting for a reply I was trying other tactics and I'm not really sure what was causing the issue but it seems removing all my mods and putting them back one by one fixed the exception i was getting.
    I will be saving the link for future issues though! Thanks for sharing with me.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted; didn’t see how old the post I was replying to was.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    I just got banned from the Discord server. I have been accused of having Paedophilia mods. That is untrue. I have never installed such stuff. I don't even play with WW. The most I do is nomosaic. I know the server belongs to EG and I was around when it was set up. Now I feel badly treated but I have no way to contest the decision. It must have been a bot response but it is an incorrect one that needs challenging.
    edited November 2021
    My teen gets home from High School with her homework already completed. I am using MCCC/MC Woohoo 2021.4.0 (2021.4.PR3) and homework speeds were part of the changes in this version. The following mc config settings may be relevant:

"Career_Homework_Speed": 5,
    "Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "10,30",
    "Career_TeensQuitSchool": false,
    "Career_Univ_Homework_Difficulty_Adjustment": 0,
    "Career_University_Difficulty_Adjustment": 2,
    "Career_University_Homework_Speed": 5,

What appears to happen is that the homework is progressed immediately the sim finishes school. No homework actions are undertaken by the sim. The daily task notification in the career info panel is the only indication that homework is happening.
    Post edited by Cyclelegs on
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    My teen gets home from High School with her homework already completed. I am using MCCC/MC Woohoo 2021.4.0 (2021.4.PR3) and homework speeds were part of the changes in this version. The following mc config settings may be relevant:

"Career_Homework_Speed": 5,
    "Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "10,30",
    "Career_TeensQuitSchool": false,
    "Career_Univ_Homework_Difficulty_Adjustment": 0,
    "Career_University_Difficulty_Adjustment": 2,
    "Career_University_Homework_Speed": 5,

What appears to happen is that the homework is progressed immediately the sim finishes school. No homework actions are undertaken by the sim. The daily task notification in the career info panel is the only indication that homework is happening.

Same thing happened when I just started a new term at university, all my students had already-completed homework. I was waiting to see if that changes once they start attending classes.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    Wow, and here I've been doing it the hard way. I'm using the very latest version of MCCC. Makes me wonder if that setup still exists? Computer or Sim? Looking for the actual path, if you please.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited November 2021
    Wow, and here I've been doing it the hard way. I'm using the very latest version of MCCC. Makes me wonder if that setup still exists? Computer or Sim? Looking for the actual path, if you please.

The homework settings? This is a new feature coming out, was just sent out in the pre-release to patrons so if you're not a patron, it won't be far behind. It's under the computer, under Career, there are new options to set the speed of school homework and university homework.

We were actually commenting that something may be off, because it shouldn't be instantaneous before we actually DO the homework lol.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited November 2021
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

The homework settings? This is a new feature coming out, was just sent out in the pre-release to patrons so if you're not a patron, it won't be far behind. It's under the computer, under Career, there are new options to set the speed of school homework and university homework.

We were actually commenting that something may be off, because it shouldn't be instantaneous before we actually DO the homework lol.

That is so awesome. I always have my Uni Students grinding like mad to get their homework done over that first weekend. Very little fun time to be had. Work, work, work, work, work. But, you know, they all end up with very high GPAs, as a result. But this will help my young Global Superstar who fights his dad about even having to attend Uni. He's already rolling in the Simoleons, has a great career going. I cheat up his needs just to keep his status from slipping. He sneaks out in the dead of night to perform an 'away' concert, same for photoshoots. Every now and again he holds a concert on campus, too. I have him record enough music to allow him to package and release an album a year while he's in Uni. Four classes for each Sim (I take his siblings and the impending spouses together all at once in the same dorm) and it's three Terms to graduation. :) This addition will benefit my Sims and me, too. I find Uni harrowing to play through at times. This might allow Sims and Player, both to have a bit more fun at it. :) Thank you for the information!
    I got this LE that highlights MCCC as the cause. It could be a conflict with itasan2's Ita_ShowSimInfo mod, could be nothing or could be a problem with MCCC Pre Release V3. Just thought I should report it in case anyone wants to look at it.

[BE Interceptor] BE intercepted this error from a separate mod log so that it can scan for the issue.

(AttributeError: 'McButtonItem' object has no attribute 'execute')
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 398, in invoke_command
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\ui_commands.py", line 26, in ui_dialog_respond
    File "ita_injector.py", line 11, in _inject
    File "ita_display_choices.py", line 45, in display_choices_dialog_respond_hook
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_service.py", line 145, in dialog_respond
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog.py", line 391, in respond
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2021_4_PR3\mc_cmd_center\mc_dialogs.py", line 203, in _dialog_results
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2021_4_PR3\mc_control\mc_control_dlg.py", line 119, in _show_interaction_response
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2021_4_PR3\mc_control\mc_control.py", line 94, in push_interaction
    AttributeError: 'McButtonItem' object has no attribute 'execute'rtim=0
    @Cyclelegs
    @GirafHuntr
    @GalacticGal

Thanks for testing and sharing your results. I sent your posts to Deaderpool and he will look into it.
    With the release of the public MCCC 2021.4 version those issues will be fixed.

Thanks again for your support.
    @Cyclelegs @GirafHuntr @GalacticGal

News from Deaderpool regarding the Uni homework:
    ...all MCCC does is set a multiplier. It doesn't control WHEN it's applied. EA defines that. If they're setting it to something like 6, that's pretty high. Combined with other bonuses players might have to increase homework speed, it could happen instantly. If EA is applying the multiplier before they click on it, and it's done instantly because of the bonuses, then they should probably lower the setting, right? 🙂

Now if they have it set to 1 and it's still working that way, there might be something else going on like EA doesn't intend for the multiplier to get applied everytime they call the function to apply the multiplier or something. Does that make sense? Nope. Could it be how it works, oh, surely, why not?!

I tested with school homework. I didn't have anything setup to test university. The school homework all seemed to work great and as expected. I had to just go on the hope that EA's coding on the implementation of homework was consistent throughout, but that DEFINITELY might be me hoping too much.
    Way cool. Can hardly wait until this version is released! Thank you @Bonxie
    y4mRD_o1zzjxMr89bf6captZF2sW6A48ib64oQQiiWoIYBT9Ofyt_P62xqpP5O3_FwA5qSzvxktCxPfdw5Sft1OdwJ3ghfX7ikaw56T80af70VD7euDYn31zGu_yQJicTB5EFpDe4Ykc8B4k2WwylBku2GD8YC0DmouSCZ7NaAK3rfChrkAtGUmA0GxDQFvwO_B?width=1024&height=700&cropmode=none

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top