Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More CAS Relationship Options

After all this time, the only relationships you can set in CAS are still parent/child, siblings, married, or "household member". And while there are ways to work around or cheat other dynamics, they take extra time and effort and honestly? Why shouldn't we be able to just make and set our own starter stories the way we want? Pre-made families from University & Island Living have a grandchild living with their grandparent(s), but if I wanted to make a family like that in CAS there's a whole lot of extra, unnecessary steps I'd need to do. Grandparent/grandchild, uncle or aunt/niece nephew, cousins, dating, engaged, (or even friends, best friends, enemies & "divorced") I think should all be options in the drop down menu in CAS. It's SUCH a limit to the creativity allowed in household creation, and I really thought it would be something fixed in a patch pretty early on, but after so many patches "adding" things, I still couldn't easily make a child being raised by their aunt or uncle or grandparent, or make a household that's a gaggle of cousins, or set a relationship to "dating" or anything like that. Is it really so difficult to put all the relationships possible in game into the CAS menu?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Agreed, it would be great to have all of these options.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I would totally love that.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, that would be great! What I do is create the family members and then delete the Sims I don't want, but yeah it seems so time consuming. I wish I could always edit the relationships too. I don't understand why sometimes I can't change them like if they are premades or downloaded from the gallery then the option menu is greyed out.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Yes, that would be great! What I do is create the family members and then delete the Sims I don't want, but yeah it seems so time consuming. I wish I could always edit the relationships too. I don't understand why sometimes I can't change them like if they are premades or downloaded from the gallery then the option menu is greyed out.

Yeah, some CAS options will be locked for "already existing" sims. The only work around I know for that is to enable the "CAS full edit mode" cheat (I forget the exact input code, but it's easily googleable). Once you turn that on everything should unlocked including relationships & even traits. Tho, you do have to re-enter it every time you load the game (although I think there's a mod out there that keeps it always on? again, google is probably more helpful than me here lol)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

Yeah, some CAS options will be locked for "already existing" sims. The only work around I know for that is to enable the "CAS full edit mode" cheat (I forget the exact input code, but it's easily googleable). Once you turn that on everything should unlocked including relationships & even traits. Tho, you do have to re-enter it every time you load the game (although I think there's a mod out there that keeps it always on? again, google is probably more helpful than me here lol)

Ooh okay I will look into that, thank you!
  • ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    Nothing to add accept solidarity in this matter.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree with all of this. I would also like it made clear to the Sims the child that becomes an adult in a household was the stepchild of the adult so please fix that, too. It's weird to be able to hook up an older adult with their previous stepchild. Extended family options has been something requested for eternity.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2021
    Sentiments and GP05 Parenthood relationships.

A way to tell the sims had a story before CAS.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I agree with all of this. I would also like it made clear to the Sims the child that becomes an adult in a household was the stepchild of the adult so please fix that, too. It's weird to be able to hook up an older adult with their previous stepchild. Extended family options has been something requested for eternity.

Completely agree, there's no real "relationship" between step parents/sibling, or in laws, or anything like that, and it really makes things weird in a whole bunch of ways. I had a jealous sim who would fly into a fit whenever his grandmother spoke to his wife, because there's no distinction between that and her talking to any ol' random sim. Definitely a whole system that needs update and tuning.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would like the game to have a proper Great-Grandparents relationship, so far it's only as a friend.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    And also Character values (GP05 Parenthood) instead of adding Good Manner with cheat codes
  • berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    Don't understand why this is not a thing in basegame since 2014? Isn't that basic and huge part of a Life Simulation Game?

Why can't we select relationships in CAS like
    - Friends
    - Besties
    - Affair/Fling/Hook Up
    - Lover
    - Grandparents
    - Cousins
    - Step Parents/Siblings
    - etc.

Wie have more than married or unkown realationship in real life, right? Why is it so hard to implement that as a choice? Expand the relationships in CAS, pretty please!
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2021
    Relationship data between Sims within the same household should definitely be saved into the Gallery, the same way job and skill data is.

I have no idea why that isn't already the case.
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Agreed! Especially for family and significant other relationships. If I want to create, say, a kid living with their grandparents, or an engaged couple living together, I shouldn't need to create and delete family members or play the game for an hour before placing them to make that happen. It would be so much nicer for making family stories.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes please. I especially want boy/girlfriend, engaged,best friends forever and exes or divorced.

Boy/Girlfriend and fiancee should already have shared their first kiss💋

Exes should still be friends with no pink bar. Same for divorced sims.

Bffs should me maxed out in friendship.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021
    I fully agree!
    I thought it was hilarious(ly sad) how I saved my family to a library, then brought the family to CaS, aaaaaaand it did not let me set up the actual true relations they have in the game. Like, the father is a vampire so he unsurprisingly is still the age in which he was turned (young adult), 4 of his kids are YA's as well. The CaS absolutely refused to set him up as the father, only as household member, husband or brother to his own freaking kids. And yes, he is registered as a vampire in CaS so I see no reason why the system should be so strict about how the "ages don't fit herp derp". Not to mention all the other stuff that definitely should be in there like grandparents with grandchildren etc.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, please. I would also love to have the recognition of extended family, stepfamily and in-laws in the relationship panel. It's sad when a sim is friends with the child of an older cousin but the game won't recognize them as family, for example.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would like the game to have a proper Great-Grandparents relationship, so far it's only as a friend.

Ugh yes! When I first saw this I decided to only start the new generation once the would-be great-grandparents pass away.