Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited November 2021
    I had a volcanic eruption, angry specters spawn, Temperance appear, a sulani meal event, and stuff literally break everywhere all at the same time. My sims were having needs failures because they couldn't do anything to help themselves and I couldn't help them. I want challenges, but I don't want so many challenges happen at once and freeze my sims as they cycle through twenty different moodlets in response to everything.

If I don't make a story update this week, it'll probably be because my sims stopped responding to qued actions, autonomous and directed, entirely for an entire sim day, every day of the week.

This keeps happening over and over again, and I'm getting more frustrated with my game every time.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I had a volcanic eruption, angry specters spawn, Temperance appear, a sulani meal event, and stuff literally break everywhere all at the same time. My sims were having needs failures because they couldn't do anything to help themselves and I couldn't help them. I want challenges, but I don't want so many challenges happen at once and freeze my sims as they cycle through twenty different moodlets in response to everything.

If I don't make a story update this week, it'll probably be because my sims stopped responding to qued actions, autonomous and directed, entirely for an entire sim day.

This keeps happening over and over again, and I'm getting more frustrated with my game every time.

So, basically they're having a nervous breakdown, and so are you?

Seriously, though. It seems rare to have that many things happening at once. Do you think it might be related to mods?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Also, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to be having problems with the family cooking. I have sims that should be available to help with the cooking, but for some very strange reason, the game will not allow them to cook together. I don't even get an option.

For example, Ember can't cook with her brothers, mother, or sister, but she can cook with her father?

Dylan can cook with his father and girlfriend but not anyone else? Everyone in the family should be able to cook together, right?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @cyncie I guess me and my sims were having a nervous break down.

I can't use mods because I play on console. I wish I could use a few different mods.

So, whatever caused it might've beea combination of different things.

1. The Haunted House Serenity has not been maintained very well, apparently the smashed objects aren't enough.
    2. My sims started to get hungry and that triggered the gathering of sims you can't get rid of.
    3. The Extra Food people triggered the angry specters to appear.
    4. The Volcanic Activity lot challenge was active and decided to trigger.
    5. Temperance appeared because of the low serenity.
    6. One of the extra food people ended up stuck on the lot and it was difficult to get rid of her. (I wanted to remove variables.)
    7. Volcanic Activity and Temperance broke a bunch of stuff.
    8. Rain broke the dew collectors over time. ( It's summer in Sulani...)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My sims got trashed on New Year's Eve(no adult mods, just consistent drinking from the bar in their basement) and are going to be having TRIPLETS! In addition to a son who's still not out of his crib yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @HillyBeth
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    My sims got trashed on New Year's Eve(no adult mods, just consistent drinking from the bar in their basement) and are going to be having TRIPLETS! In addition to a son who's still not out of his crib yet.

Dear mother of the watcher, what have they done!
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    @Metior_Ice , page 916
    thank you! and yeah, I've had the date thing happen a lot, too. When Clara was a teen and I thought she was going to date Juan, I had her flirt with him and he asked her on a date a couple days later but left immediately. I think this is a recent bug because it used to work fine for me.

On to the update!

It was a Saturday, and Clara spent most of the day writing her term paper. After it was submitted, Simon called her. She was happy to talk to him, she and Simon were very close growing up and I'm sure she misses him.
    IVBI2xC.png

Speaking of Simon, I aged him and Robin up. I have aging off while Clara is in university but I decided to manually age them up. Clara and Haruki then went on a double date with Simon and Robin.
    X1pw6VH.png
    sVTx3a6.png
    One of Clara's annoying roommates tried to follow her to the commons, so I had Clara try to use Inferniate on her. It ended up backfiring.
    j7TFkJ7.png

Clara learned her lesson and won't try to set any of her other roommates on fire
    AVYHQak.png

It also happened to be Spooky Day, so Clara threw a Spooky Party at Pepper's. She doesn't have many friends but she was still able to invite some acquaintances as well as Simon, Robin, and Haruki.
    LbKExOx.png

She carved some pumpkins
    Clah34u.png

Then, Clara and Haruki played juice pong against Simon and Robin. Simon and Robin ended up winning.
    LBck6xb.png
    o0axXeU.png

The next day was pretty boring, just classes and homework, but Clara did go out to eat with Haruki. Their food took hours to arrive as usual.
    WeEGpB6.png

Pretty soon, Clara had finals again. She still has an A+ gpa.
    KXEwc0l.png

For her last two terms, Clara decided to move in to an apartment in San Myshuno with Haruki. Living on campus was nice but the dormies were very annoying. Haruki is a dog lover, so as soon and he and Clara moved in to their new place, he adopted a dog. His name is Oliver.
    kXbDVMd.png
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Thank for your comment, @Metior_Ice
    I can't even imagine how hard it would be with so many multiples.
    Yes, I also think it would be really challenging.
    But I hope someday posting their story on this thread.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    I finished my sim week, and Ember is a young adult. Alexander and Lucas are also aged up.

I'm actually curious about how my screenshots turned out in spite of the chaos. Lol. I think my sims were losing their minds with me from time to time. :D
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I started shaking and my heart started pounding....... Then I started laughing. This is the first time in 7 years that I've gotten triplets in my active household.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @Metior_Ice I started shaking and my heart started pounding....... Then I started laughing. This is the first time in 7 years that I've gotten triplets in my active household.

I’ve had triplets in my game but only through cheats/mods (eg adjusting the number/gender of babies through MCCC). I’ve had twins naturally (without using cheats) but not triplets.
  • Options
    The one bad thing about having dogs in apartments is that they won't use elevators and you have to take them outside yourself to go potty. Luckily, Haruki doesn't mind this since he loves dogs.
    DUOgPzn.png

Haruki has also entered the Freelance Programmer career, although that ended up being very short-lived because I forgot how much I hate it. He ended up applying to universities at the end of my play session. I might have him major in Culinary Arts and become a chef but I may change my mind later.
    SeDApAy.png
    Pretty soon, it was Harvestfest, so Clara invited her family (and Robin) over for dinner. Of course no one sat at the table, and I had a hard time getting screenshots because the tab mode camera is glitchy in apartments. I don't remember it doing that in my rotational save but it has happened to me in other saves, too.
    oUGKMIs.png
    8AfyEMR.png

Simon ended up proposing to Robin after dinner, which went well, but later, Astrid started yelling at Robin for no reason and I saw Robin get the festering grudge sentiment against Astrid. Not sure why Astrid suddenly has a problem with Robin now, she never did before. (also I didn't get screenshots of that happening because I didn't know what was going on until I heard Astrid yelling and saw the sentiment bubble pop up).
    hL2UA64.png
    ARQLeZC.png
    BZOItNt.png

The party was a bit of a disaster but at least Clara got to see her family, and Haruki got to meet everyone.
    SkjXpFg.png

Clara is taking a wellness elective this term and she likes it so far, so she decided to buy a yoga mat
    ExDUqum.png

Later, Clara took Oliver on a walk
    JMw8DsI.png

Then, the Spice Festival started, so she and Haruki went together
    qHR7Eg6.png

Clara ate some samosas. Not sure why that child next to her looks so upset.
    ahdZlB7.png

Clara and Haruki both attempted the spicy curry challenge and failed
    h5kO7hM.png

They still had a nice time at the festival, though.
    K52oGPZ.png
  • Options
    Here are some pics of Aiden and his parents <3 Aiden aged up to a toddler yesterday and looks like his mother.
    51654387276_723d19b9bf_h.jpg
    51655061364_d71cbe93fc_h.jpg
    51654609193_6c49c7884e_h.jpg
    51654608938_ac6b41da29_h.jpg

Oh, Babies! Triplets will be here soon!
    51655250085_71b181aac2_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    To start off my play session, I checked in on Robin to see if I could find out what went down with her and Astrid at the Harvestfest party. They don't have a negative relationship but she does have a festering grudge towards her and is hurt. Maybe Astrid was just in a bad mood and that's why she yelled at Robin, idk. Hopefully I can get them to work it out before Simon and Robin get married.
    8ZYfvtW.png

Also, I got tired of waiting and it was a Saturday in my game, so I decided to have Clara and Haruki's wedding. I'm not very good at playing long engagements in this game because I get too excited about playing the wedding.
    PnZgLX9.png
    Some more pictures of the ceremony
    yiGi7Ip.png
    YN0Icdq.png
    78TgNAu.png

Taking the first slice of cake
    3fiRZ2O.png

Haruki smashed the cake in Clara's face. The angle of the screenshot is a bit weird but that's because I've never seen that happen before and it caught me off guard. My sims normally just feed each other the cake.
    3sHkzFb.png

Haruki talked to some of the guests. Clara and Haruki don't really have many friends so they just invited their families (and Robin because she's basically family at this point)
    4Vwwskt.png

Haruki's sister Mariko is pregnant. Clara is excited to become an aunt even though the game doesn't recognize aunts by marriage. Haruki's other sister, Izumi, is pregnant as well but I didn't get a screenshot of her.
    xgw8DOx.png

Clara, Alice, Robin, and Haruki hit the dance floor
    UOQxCZL.png
    adj4Gyy.png

Mariko peed her pants. Probably because she's pregnant and there were no real bathrooms at this venue, only pee bushes. I didn't build the venue so I didn't realize this until Mariko peed herself.
    mVwF1u8.png
    taUo3dv.png
    Agnes Crumplebottom showed up at the venue. This can't be good.
    NgLl2GY.png

And, as expected, this happened
    GWGu6pH.png
    ZeFeUyd.png
    sLppfod.png

Morgyn just sat here on this chair almost the entire time. I think he might have been glitched, once I reset him he got up and went over to the dance floor.
    x4ffN8Y.png

Since the venue was in Brindleton Bay and it was a cat hangout, there were some stray cats wandering around. Robin couldn't resist this one and took him home. I think his name is Buddy.
    k2eJMZy.png

The next morning, Haruki's university letter was just in his inventory. Not sure why there was no notification about it coming. Anyway, he read it and was upset he didn't get accepted into any distinguished degrees. Clara autonomously comforted him.
    vhqr6a3.png

Haruki enrolled at Foxbury and is going for a Culinary Arts degree. He's only taking two classes for now, he'll probably take more later once Clara has graduated.
    V2ukF1s.png

I love the photo wall in their apartment
    t2OnqOu.png

Clara and Haruki both did their homework
    9TzNss6.png

Later, they invited Simon and Robin over and they had some hot pot together
    3TGoJ4b.png
    gOcmBSn.png
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    Do you know who they are? :)

jqYRQBV.png
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    auricio288 wrote: »
    Do you know who they are? :)

jqYRQBV.png

Ooh ooh ooh I know! The Newbies!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @Metior_Ice Could it be that sims have to be in the same room to start the Cook Together interaction? So only sims in the same room are available?
  • Options
    It's winter in San Myshuno
    BkIGJTW.png

Haruki and Clara had a little date at the park
    rzlf1PD.png
    They're so cute
    QkZYQT0.png
    93qeKjQ.png
    9JJXCjJ.png

I was hoping there would be one of those seasonal drink stands around that they could get coffee at, but there wasn't. They ended up building a snowpal instead.
    FHvirEA.png

Haruki had his first day of class.
    SgHl7gf.png

Pretty soon, it was Winterfest, and Clara woke up feeling a bit sick
    kIrXuR7.png

She's pregnant! This was on purpose, I had them try for a baby but I didn't have her take the pregnancy test until the next morning.
    zHl0iBn.png

Clara decorated the tree while Haruki did his homework
    ULEmIr6.png

Aiko also stopped by to give Haruki a gift.
    eEnA87n.png

Later, Clara and Haruki had Clara's family over for Winterfest dinner. I feel bad for not inviting Haruki's family but I thought having that many people in Clara and Haruki's small apartment would be too overwhelming.
    BvJGIl6.png

Present time
    qkWwj4R.png

Clara told Astrid the news. Astrid is very excited to get her first grandchildren. Yes, I did say grandchildren. I checked what Clara was having with MCCC and it's twin boys. The apartment does have the ley line lot trait so that was expected.
    KZbHL6D.png
    aZWMe68.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    @auricio288

That looks like a nice build, do you have a shot of the exterior?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    @Rochert
    Rochert wrote: »
    Thank for your comment, @Metior_Ice
    I can't even imagine how hard it would be with so many multiples.
    Yes, I also think it would be really challenging.
    But I hope someday posting their story on this thread.

Before I was able to post on this thread, I played a household that had twins and shortly after I had another toddler. That same household had two sets of twins without mods, one set of boys, and the other a set of girls. When I was playing that household, I had three toddlers at the same time, and my three star celebrity was getting abducted by Aliens nightly, hence my decision to make the Zalrian household a full house.

Merfolk/Alien Hybrids are exceptionally glitchy. I suspect the glitch has a lot to do with where their disguises are in CAS.
    I don't think of merfolk as having a natural human form. As I imagine it, their merform is their true/natural form similar to how Aliens have their Alien form. What merfolk look like as a normal sim is just a disguise 🥸 similar to how aliens have their disguises. I suspect that Vampire/Merfolk hybrids are stable without mods because of where the merfolk form and dark forms are found in CAS.

At the time, I thought the Aliens were supposed to have a secret lot where they throw parties (Can't remember where that came from), so I assumed that they needed my famous musician for that.

I look forward to seeing your story with your twins and triplets!

@HillyBeth

As I mentioned above, the closest I've gotten to triplets is three toddlers at the same time because they were born close to each other, one set of twins and a single.

That was a handful. I do wish triplets were a little bit easier to get. Not that much easier, but if both sims have the fertile trait, use the fertility massage, and the ley line lot trait, the odds should be a little better.

@mightysprite
    @Metior_Ice Could it be that sims have to be in the same room to start the Cook Together interaction? So only sims in the same room are available?

That didn't help. In fact, none of my sims were near each other. I even had Dylan teleport into the kitchen and the option did appear. I ended up having Dylan "help with cooking, " and then, I ended up having Ember and Dylan cook separate meals together. I was able to play test the kitchen, so I'll be making some changes to it.

I suspect it could be their age difference. Ember was a teen, and Dylan was a young adult/ older brother. Calum was a young adult, but he was Ember's father.
  • Options
    Clara and Haruki frequently have to yell at their neighbors for being noisy
    9YeSCln.png

Clara hadn't practiced magic in awhile because sometimes I forget she's a spellcaster. So I had her do so.
    GteEohi.png
    Clara and Haruki did some homework. Clara just started her last term and will hopefully graduate soon.
    BmizG5m.png

Haruki has bonded with Oliver a lot, and they're now companions
    UJBBxuq.png

Didn't take a ton of screenshots this play session because I was focusing on university so before I knew it, Clara was in her third trimester
    ZLzxtUm.png

They did manage to go to the Festival of Light. This festival is very special to them so they try and make sure to go every time it happens.
    mWS9O3a.png

They made a wish on the tanabata and cozied up by the bonfire like they always do. I'm now realizing that the Snowy Escape festivals are quite boring, there's not many activities to do so my sims always end up doing the same things.
    8Bt5ziS.png
    Ai3pH3D.png

Haruki took a selfie with Yamachan
    79o6r0j.png

Then he attempted some fire dancing. He wasn't actually that bad at it. I was a bit worried since he has the clumsy trait.
    BFFB8ZL.png

The next morning, Clara worked on her presentation for a bit. That was cut short, however, because she went into labor.
    69oajkM.png

They went to the hospital and I actually joined them for once
    R2Oiurp.png
    VeAOVa1.png
    a4oaqQO.png

As I said in my last post, it was twin boys. Their names are Kai and Asher. Kai was born first so he'll probably be the heir
    v2RlMo1.png

Here are the twins back at home. Kai is the one in the normal bassinet and Asher is the one in the spellcaster bassinet. I'm guessing that means Kai isn't a spellcaster but Asher is. I guess I won't know for sure until they age up.
    ohAFsTO.png
  • Options
    When you're so exhausted you collapse.... but you really want to hold onto your cup of tea!

rIbeOB8.jpg
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    Best of luck with the rest of your college semester and your upcoming book.
    I tried to max out the Flirty moodlets for Kylen and Aaron to see what they would do, and all I got from it was the whim to "Try for Baby." I guess the Whims can give sone insights into what to do next.
    I'm on a PC with a ton of mods, so my Sim couples pretty much do everything autonomously, except they no longer seem to want to propose. I've just accepted it for now.

It was interesting to read your gameplay approach to Lir's parenthood traits/character values. My approach is a bit more organic and most of the time, I don't care if my Sims have all of those traits or not (and in some cases I almost avoid them because I don't think they fit the personality of the Sim).
    Also, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to be having problems with the family cooking. I have sims that should be available to help with the cooking, but for some very strange reason, the game will not allow them to cook together. I don't even get an option.
    The group cooking is a bit finicky in my game, but it generally works. Everyone should be able to cook together with everyone else. I think the game struggles a little with group activities like that.
    @HillyBeth Fun times! Haha. I may be different in this, but I actually find it easier to raise Sim kids when they're similar ages. That way the toddler stage is pretty much one and done, but it's a handful. I hope the parents are skilled.

@mia_noelle97 I'm happy to see Clara made enough to move out of the dorms and into an apartment with Haruki. Their wedding was pretty. I have never seen the cake smash! I hope Clara thought it was funny. I have long engagements in my game because I'm not a rotational player and I don't want my Sims to move out.
    ---
    Fier Legacy - a slightly longer update than usual. <3
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Learn more about the Fiers?

PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?
    47. Dysis' Graduation
    48. So Pleased to Meet You
    49. A Park Outing and a Secret Date
    50. A Tale of Two Toddlers
    51. Workaholic Dreams of Becoming an Angel (Investor)
    52. Potty Training and Sickeningly Saccharine Lines
    53. First Kiss (Delmarya)
    54. The End of a Generation
    55. A Funeral for Two
    56. Though She Be but Little She Is Fierce (Elmire)
    57. Who's Getting Married?
    58. A Proposal at Dusk
    59. Adelise's Daughter Elmire
    60. The Dawn of Her "Happily Ever After"
    61. More of the Same on a Spooky Day
    A Brief Getaway: The Fiers Plus One More at Granite Falls
    Dysis and Rashad weren’t married, but Rashad had his sights set on becoming son-in-law #1, so he woke early and cooked a few meals for the family despite being on vacation like everyone else.
    9hwwfss.jpg

Only Deli was also awake at the time. She dropped by the kitchen to say good morning and promised to join him for the next meal. She was in a hurry to enjoy the sun while it was still there. The weather forecast called for rain to begin soon.
    bJ0vnQi.jpg
    OCj2rYY.jpg
    Deli wasn’t bothered by rain, but she reentered the cabin when it started. Asher was awake and waiting. He wanted to discuss the perks of being a vampire and different plasma sources.

To his disappointment but not surprise, she politely refused. There were only 1.5 plasma sources Deli tolerated: plasma fruit and plasma-fruit based plasma packs. Asher didn’t like this and thought she may be in danger of starving to death if she got into a dicey situation. Sudden blights that wiped out plants weren’t unheard of. There were other non-human sources of plasma and with humans, she could ask…
    JdIGpkI.jpg
    Td52jk9.jpg

Dysis and Rashad set up for a game of darts. He loved games with Dysis because her confidence (despite her skill level) and good-natured competitive spirit made things fun. Despite her being his rival, Rashad cheered her on full-heartedly.
    OboEkY7.jpg

But goodness was Dysis bad.
    zjuX1bF.jpg

Bad, but twice as good as him. She won 8-4, and the experience of throwing tiny weapon-like things inside a small room was a slightly dangerous blast.

That accomplished, everyone enjoyed some of Rashad’s cooking. He wasn’t an expert. But the Fiers insisted that his food was more than good enough, and his effort was greatly appreciated. Was it honestly good, though? Who knows.
    5olqhN1.jpg
    After the meal, a few of the Fiers went outside to enjoy the rain because why not? It would be refreshing. Dysis and Darius stepped out first.
    4HwCZaJ.jpg

When Asher came to see what was going on, they teased him about their upcoming plans. Darius said that the first thing he wanted to do when he got back to San Myshuno was pack up and move to Dyna's and his new multi-story apartment Uptown. Dysis asked Darius if he could help her pack some things before he left because she’d be moving out soon too.
    K1y5qwU.jpg

Asher was annoyed. What made them so thrilled to be leaving and why were they tormenting him about it?

Regardless, when Rashad joined them, he put on a nice face and was polite. He didn’t want his relationship with Dysis to be soured because of his behavior around Rashad. Asher had experienced feuding with a daughter’s boyfriend before and didn’t care to ever unnecessarily experience that again. Then, even though he’d won the physical altercation (which Asher felt was the obvious outcome because he hadn’t “exactly” been wrong about the underlying fundamentals), he’d lost because Aster had not been happy.
    RZBIKfU.jpg

Anyway, Dysis was happy.
    KUCTrdD.jpg

Especially as she remembered a kiss earlier that morning.
    An2BPWm.jpg

The siblings changed to clothes a bit more appropriate for a hike in the woods. They weren’t that enthused about going in the rain, but this was their only full day in Granite Falls, so they may as well enjoy nature.
    2cgR06M.jpg

Rashad had said he’d join them, but he didn’t seem to be around… He was exhausted and had succumbed to sleeping in the bath.
    dv3fDoe.jpg

He caught up later and immediately absconded with Dysis to another place for just the two of them.
    0YJlJlk.jpg
    gmC202s.jpg

Inside, Asher was entertaining Elmire. Elmire had refused to wear warmer clothes, but she became sweet enough after Asher offered a story. Elmire was fiercely independent, but she’d also learned that sometimes it was best to ask for help, so she asked him to help her with the potty. He did and was feeling rather satisfied with himself and his parenting prowess until Elmire abandoned him at the first sight of her mother, which peeved him a bit.
    eZO93ii.jpg
    I3AMOMJ.jpg
    4N548yG.jpg

Dismissed by his youngest and annoyed by everyone else, he stepped outside to de-stress. Maybe a hike was in order. Maybe something else… As he was contemplating his next action, his eldest daughter appeared. It was unclear why Aster was in Granite Falls, but here she was calming his nerves, raising his spirits, and basically encouraging him to be understanding and good to her younger siblings. At times, Asher, who despite knowing he was amazing and capable of producing similarly amazing children, wondered if Aster, his namesake, really was his daughter because 1) she seemed like a gift that fell from the heavens and 2) at times, she was the only one who kept him sane.
    OTpByOt.jpg
    1ayJ4Rg.jpg

More relaxed, he spent time late that night with Adelise gazing up at the stars they couldn’t see from the city. She’d sensed his earlier tension and asked him to please have a less tragic attitude about their children who had grown up rather happily and were doing what they wanted with their lives, and actually marrying who they wanted.
    tfaFs0t.jpg

Asher was uncharacteristically quiet for a moment, before he finally said, “I wanted to marry you.”

Adelise’s instinctive reaction was No, you didn’t. You actually—but she’d known Asher long enough to know that he wasn’t really a liar. Would it mean anything to fight about this now, anyway? He may have meant to compliment her. So she only said, “I wanted to marry you too.”

Asher: Desperately.

Adelise: Yeah.

It sounded like he was bragging, but Adelise knew he wasn't, so was he pushing back on her saying she wanted to marry him even though she had just accepted him saying the same thing when his saying it was maybe just as absurd as her saying it or was he trying to confirm an uneasy truce on the subject?

Adelise had been so desperate that she hadn't listened when he'd told her that their marriage, which had been thoroughly negotiated, had to be postponed, because there was some issue going on with him. She'd told him that it didn't matter. At the time, she hadn't cared when things became official as long as she left her then-current situation asap. But she also hadn't imagined that, before marrying her, her fiancé intended to marry someone else and devote himself to that person for the rest of their life or the mess that intention would cause.

So Adelise wasn’t sure what Asher had meant when he’d said he had “wanted” to marry her. Her “wanting” to marry him had been almost akin to “need,” and she was glad that things were different for their children.

Note: I have no control over Rashad or Aster, so they just do their own thing. :)
  • Options
    ldmarko wrote: »
    @auricio288

That looks like a nice build, do you have a shot of the exterior?

Yes!

9O1QUHe.png
    PgUqvjd.png

It's always cloudy in my game :p
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    Here The Mashugas!

uuyRvqu.png
    ekHWgJu.png
    ulCRnik.png

Zvt4d0O.gif