Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    In regards to the video it kinda made me laugh how everyone is screaming over the way she's moving but sims 4 sims move in such ways all the time?
    They are very expressive and make all kind of movements. Infact the hand on the chest movement looks exactly like sims 4 move.

Exactly. The hand on chest is classic TS4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    So, they are back up to ten members now? Good. Maybe the new 3D artist can get more things done. But I assume they still need more animators and programmers. As Sam Gamgee said...Share the load.... :D Alex.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Other
    Never heard of Paralives, but I don't think The Sims 5 is going to be an MMO...
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Other

Why do all of their announcements look like they were made using Carson-Dellosa teacher's clip art?
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    cyncie wrote: »

Why do all of their announcements look like they were made using Carson-Dellosa teacher's clip art?

Predefined clip art is easier than drawing all that yourself.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If paralives ever even debuts itll be 20 years from now. Also i know build/buy is important too but i care more about the paras individualality more and theres so little actual info (not speculation or wishful thinking) about them...

I wish some other major game company would tap into the life sim community because we are starving 😭😭😭
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    "as soon as it's released (possible 2021)"

2021 ? Hmmm... play to build mode only in Paralives ??? I thought people wanted to play with life, it seems I was wrong :p

Note: I didn't see toddlers or babies in the previews, there is still a ton of things to do before talking about a release date.

Edit:

A game isn't made in 1 day, it takes a long time, 5, 10 or 15 years.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited November 2021
    "as soon as it's released (possible 2021)"

2021 ? Hmmm... play to build mode only in Paralives ??? I thought people wanted to play with life, it seems I was wrong :p

Note: I didn't see toddlers or babies in the previews, there is still a ton of things to do before talking about a release date.

Edit:

A game isn't made in 1 day, it takes a long time, 5, 10 or 15 years.

Maybe even longer, because on their development page they post the same thing every month, (snapshots to prove it) but change the Month for Next Steps to the following month. This has been done every month this year almost. Such as Worked on yada, yada, yada etc. is reposted for April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct. and the Next Steps (interactions, animations gameplay etc.) is pushed to the following month. Such as Next Step (etc. etc.) is Not Nov. nor was it Oct as posted etc. but is always changed to the next month etc. It never ends the merry-go-round. I took screen shots because I thought I had imagined they were doing this on the development page, so I started taking screen shots, thinking I must be mistaken, however, I'm not. Each and every month they have posted the same thing and Next Steps Never Happens.

The sad thing is I believed it for about a year, before I noticed Next Steps never happens. It will always be something,
    posted they had to polish up the CAS, work on the 3D model, more CAS animations, more build mode stuff, or need more or rehire the same amount of team members, work on the music etc., etc. Next Steps has been pushed back month after month after month while they rake in $45,000+ a month. Now, it's not up to me to tell how someone should build a game, only please include stuff I want, but if people are throwing money at it, maybe they should consider why Next Steps never happens., And Paralives should consider we have eyes and ears and might start to wipe the hype from our eyes.

People may think I'm harsh to Maxis sometimes, well, Paralives won't get a pass either when I notice this stuff.
  • GirlFromSolariaGirlFromSolaria Posts: 1 New Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Honestly, from the videos I've seen, paralives looks like it's gonna be a pretty limited game. And the sims 5 probably will have both, singleplayer and multiplayer options.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Honestly, from the videos I've seen, paralives looks like it's gonna be a pretty limited game. And the sims 5 probably will have both, singleplayer and multiplayer options.

its early for the game. I mean Paralives is going to have three pets (dogs, cats and horses), Seasons, open world, Create a Style, all in the base game. Sure its looks limited now but a PC game takes longer time then a mobile game. Espically when you also have to account for building part of the game as well. We just have to be patient
    6adMCGP.gif

Thank you for posting this so everyone could see it and read the post about how their mods will work for something like this chair. However, I do recall a post about this particular chair (and details of how it was made) several months ago on there. Before they released the chalet video, if I recall correctly. It seems they spend a lot of time modding what they create. Or rather they spend a lot of time making sure anything they do can and will be able to mod with their tools. Which is great. However, there still is no gameplay updates that I am aware of and that elusive Net Steps about interactions, pathfinding, gameplay, animations etc. etc. never appears.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    MadameLee wrote: »

its early for the game. I mean Paralives is going to have three pets (dogs, cats and horses), Seasons, open world, Create a Style, all in the base game. Sure its looks limited now but a PC game takes longer time then a mobile game. Espically when you also have to account for building part of the game as well. We just have to be patient

Its not too early. the game had a very polished build mode when he demoed it. Since then they could and should have been working on getting the simulation & pathfinding up and running with placeholders while the artists were creating the proper 3D objects. If they have been doing that, they haven't mentioned it to the patreons or on Twitter.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs

Its not too early. the game had a very polished build mode when he demoed it. Since then they could and should have been working on getting the simulation & pathfinding up and running with placeholders while the artists were creating the proper 3D objects. If they have been doing that, they haven't mentioned it to the patreons or on Twitter.

https://www.paralives.com/development It takes time for a game. And if you guys think its so easy-peasy to make a game. How about instead of complaining go and do it and if you can't? Come and tell us the truth.

(hey at least the Paterons got to see how the devs created a chair, 4 months ago in July. Non Paterons had to wait until Reemergence Day to get anything about that)

6adMCGP.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I've made game modules back in the "Neverwinter Nights" days, so know from experience game making isn't easy. Still, after all this time there should be at least something in "Next Steps" by now. Its continuing absence makes one wonder.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    Other
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Paralives but yeah, I think that it will take a long time to come out, and when it does, its unlikely to be as polished as we're hoping (which is fine, its a massively ambitious project by a small indie team). Right now, I don't plan to buy either Paralives or Sims 5, as the previous Sims games I have (2, 3, 4) are more than enough to keep me happy.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I wish I could change my vote on this now. I was excited for Paralives at first. I will just wait and see what happens with both games now. I have gotten into my Nintendo Switches and am playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons so I haven't been keeping up with either one.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    I've made game modules back in the "Neverwinter Nights" days, so know from experience game making isn't easy. Still, after all this time there should be at least something in "Next Steps" by now. Its continuing absence makes one wonder.

I remember the good old days of the Aurora Toolset. I made a bunch of things, and never finished any of them because I always managed to fall into endless rabbit holes. Just one example of many: I was working on a cool city module, with day / night cycles for everyone. I decided that it would be cool to have reasonably believable conversations with anyone and everyone in the city. So I spent a few weeks programming a series of nested random functions for procedurally generated conversations, where everyone would remember what they had talked about with me. That sort of worked, so I moved back to the city design. I decided that the day/night routines needed to be much better implemented, and needed to work with the new conversation functions. So I fell down that rabbit hole for a few weeks. Then back to the city design. Then down another rabbit hole. Repeat the process several times, and eventually I got tired and moved onto something else, because the city was just a small part of my larger design. Then more rabbit holes. Eventually I lost interest.

From what I've seen, and I admit that I'm no expert on this, but it seems that the process I just described is how a lot of indie and small team game development projects go. The developers fall down year-long rabbit holes making one small aspect of the game really stellar, with minimal progress on the overall design that eventually has to come together.
    SimSpock wrote: »

I remember the good old days of the Aurora Toolset. I made a bunch of things, and never finished any of them because I always managed to fall into endless rabbit holes. Just one example of many: I was working on a cool city module, with day / night cycles for everyone. I decided that it would be cool to have reasonably believable conversations with anyone and everyone in the city. So I spent a few weeks programming a series of nested random functions for procedurally generated conversations, where everyone would remember what they had talked about with me. That sort of worked, so I moved back to the city design. I decided that the day/night routines needed to be much better implemented, and needed to work with the new conversation functions. So I fell down that rabbit hole for a few weeks. Then back to the city design. Then down another rabbit hole. Repeat the process several times, and eventually I got tired and moved onto something else, because the city was just a small part of my larger design. Then more rabbit holes. Eventually I lost interest.

From what I've seen, and I admit that I'm no expert on this, but it seems that the process I just described is how a lot of indie and small team game development projects go. The developers fall down year-long rabbit holes making one small aspect of the game really stellar, with minimal progress on the overall design that eventually has to come together.

Exactly. Anyone still a patron can tell us (who stopped) if they showed anything this past month (every Friday) concerning Next Steps...they don't have to leak anything they can just say yes, we saw some things having to do with pathfinding, interactions, character animations outside of the CAS animations etc. But they can't because there aren't any. They are still down in a few rabbit holes as you neatly explained. Some of those rabbit holes might even be labyrinths.
  • maplesyrup19maplesyrup19 Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    If TS5 looks any good, I'll buy it. But I'm not going to dream-home-decorator it and buy it for the cool trailers without seeing simmers' videos. I'm not that interested in paralives right now, I don't think I'll buy it. Either way, TS3 will be the best.
    if the paterons are on discord or Reddit. they're obliged to keep quiet about those kind of facts until the Devs unreleased it to the public. Like I said before, they saw the chair post on July 5th and had to be quiet about it until two weeks ago. The only way they could have talk about it is if they're in the Pateron channel in the discord. I don't know if the rule apply for other places (ie: here) but I would assume so.

It's kind of like how back when EA did testing for new packs and the people who were able to go to it to play the game/pack had to be quiet about it for a certain amount of time ?
    6adMCGP.gif
    if the paterons are on discord or Reddit. they're obliged to keep quiet about those kind of facts until the Devs unreleased it to the public. Like I said before, they saw the chair post on July 5th and had to be quiet about it until two weeks ago. The only way they could have talk about it is if they're in the Pateron channel in the discord. I don't know if the rule apply for other places (ie: here) but I would assume so.

It's kind of like how back when EA did testing for new packs and the people who were able to go to it to play the game/pack had to be quiet about it for a certain amount of time ?

The problem as I see it is that chair tutorial was months ago, spring or summer, I can't remember, but long, long before the chalet video went public. The 'public' thinks oh, wow, look, that's new..no they did this months and months ago. There is nothing new about it nor is it part of Next Steps that never appears, much like the Great Pumpkin.
    edited November 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »

The problem as I see it is that chair tutorial was months ago, spring or summer, I can't remember, but long, long before the chalet video went public. The 'public' thinks oh, wow, look, that's new..no they did this months and months ago. There is nothing new about it nor is it part of Next Steps that never appears, much like the Great Pumpkin.

months ago for paterons like YOU. But for non Paterons like ME it's new. WE (non pateron) never got to see it until Reembrace Day. If you're like this with a GAME. I hope you don't watch shows like Suviors and stuff like that because you would probably complain about not being told anything until after it's shown. Or I hope you don't watch movies that take forever to make. Oh and I think the Chalet video was *before* the chair tutorial. since the chair tutoral was July 5, and house-building was June 10th-12th.

So just because YOU got to see it 5 months ago doesn't mean that non-paterons can't be excited about it whom just saw it. You're basically raining on our *bacon* parade with your parade? How about you just drop it and go play a little kids game? You're acting like one.
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top