Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Nov ’21 Scenarios Patch

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i had to rebuid my mods folder the only thing i can't find is the current xml folder. i did try looking it up but the latest i could find was last year. triplis. i think.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,460 Member
    edited November 2021
    Candicelle wrote: »
    Hallelujah! My old Saves lives! It’s a miracle from God!

Upon searching to figure out what mod/s are affecting not being able to use build buy cheats, (and yes, I know now for sure it’s some mod/s for sure that are doing it because when I finally updated, all mods are disabled by default, right... So I go into a save to see if it is a mod, and enter the build/buy cheat, and yes, it works,) so some mod/s are doing it. So, I look in my Mods folder to logically figure out what one/s it might be, and weed out mods I don’t want/need anymore, guess what I find lurking in there, a file named Saves! It was in my Mods folder, how it wound up there, who knows! I count it as a miracle and blessing from God! So if anyone has any ideas what mod/s might be doing this, messing with the build/buy cheats, please comment, and let me know; I may have that mod, I may not, but who knows, you might have the mod/s suggestion/s that I do have and is messing with it!

Amen to that! Have you tried your game, once you removed the saves file from the Mods folder? Leave the Mods folder in and give it a go. I would. Oh, and don't forget to delete the localthumbcache.package, first. Best of luck. Wouldn't at all surprise me if that very wrong file in the Mods folder was the culprit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Upon searching to figure out what mod/s are affecting not being able to use build buy cheats, (and yes, I know now for sure it’s some mod/s for sure that are doing it because when I finally updated, all mods are disabled by default, right... So I go into a save to see if it is a mod, and enter the build/buy cheat, and yes, it works,) so some mod/s are doing it. So, I look in my Mods folder to logically figure out what one/s it might be, and weed out mods I don’t want/need anymore, guess what I find lurking in there, a file named Saves! It was in my Mods folder, how it wound up there, who knows! I count it as a miracle and blessing from God! So if anyone has any ideas what mod/s might be doing this, messing with the build/buy cheats, please comment, and let me know; I may have that mod, I may not, but who knows, you might have the mod/s suggestion/s that I do have and is messing with it!

Have you tried, once you removed the saves file from the Mods folder? I would.

i did remove it im in the process of rebuilding it but i don't know the current version of xml. the other mods are listed in my downloads.

i did remove it im in the process of rebuilding it but i don't know the current version of xml. the other mods are listed in my downloads.

Oh, I'm sorry, I was referring to Candicelle's post.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

its ok . yeah most of the mods i figured out on my own i just need to figure out which xml isthe current one if that makes sense.

its ok . yeah most of the mods i figured out on my own i just need to figure out which xml isthe current one if that makes sense.

Yeah, despite not being too tech savvy, it actually does make sense.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • leoiskindahotleoiskindahot Posts: 2 New Member
    hey, not sure if that's the right forum for this but can someone help me figure out what's causing this + a lot more visual glitches? everything else works fine, it's just some of the ui icons that are wonky and it bugs me A Lot
  • leoiskindahotleoiskindahot Posts: 2 New Member
    > @leoiskindahot said:
    > hey, not sure if that's the right forum for this but can someone help me figure out what's causing this + a lot more visual glitches? everything else works fine, it's just some of the ui icons that are wonky and it bugs me A Lot

...... for some reason the picture didn't attach, sorry i have no idea how forums work lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDcVWvgWQAIPKpp?format=jpg&name=small
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited November 2021
    @leoiskindahot Please head over to the support servers listed on the first post. THanks :)

NOTE FOR EVERYONE
    I'm going to be away on holiday and not able to update this list until mid-November. You can keep up with major mod update news on the Discord servers linked on p. 1. I'll do my best to catch up here when I'm back.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    It's a mod/s, absolutely for sure, that I know for sure, and I always delete everything before but usually after I finish playing so caches aren't what's causing it. I have taken out the Saves file from the Mods file, and just overwritten the XML Injector4 to try that. That wasn't it, and deleting the game version, and checking it without mods again, just to be sure. Because I can't even with build buy cheats on buy soy wax now, for some reason, and if the cheats are on and working like they are supposed to, I can buy soy beans as well. I checked with mods off, once more, it works fine, no confirmation that cheats are enabled after putting it in, but show hidden objects cheat works and I can get debug cheat working like it's supposed to. I like to make a holiday called Spring Garden Day and use the debug cheat to buy all the plants in the game to plant. I wanted to start a set up lot save to save it to my gallery, and then have all the things planted or ready to plant, then try the money challenge. That's when I discovered something wasn't working right. If I am guessing right it's a mod I installed somewhere between very late September, but more likely mid-October, and Cools mods are working, so it's a guess and try removing mods thing now. I'll let you all know if I find out what it is in case someone runs into the same problem.
    @leoiskindahot Please head over to the support servers listed on the first post. THanks :)

NOTE FOR EVERYONE
    I'm going to be away on holiday and not able to update this list until mid-November. You can keep up with major mod update news on the Discord servers linked on p. 1. I'll do my best to catch up here when I'm back.

Have a fantastic time! And thank you so much for all of your work here.
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    > @carlymichelle said:
    > hmmm i have a mod somewhere that is broken in my game my sim house wont load and it goes back to the world screen i guess i will have to keep looking i have taken out UI mods »

Same here, and I updated everything I could from here. I’m sad because my game was working great… Now I will need to start from the scratch :( I will look carefully everything here. Please tell me what you’ll find out
  • CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    Aha! I believe I found the 2 mods possibly doing it, or one of the 2 mods, Happy Haunts, and Whimsical Aspiration. My bet is on the Happy Haunts graveyard mod, one I don't need. Testing now...be back with the results soon.... Well, it's...drumroll, please.... Happy Haunts Graveyard mod by ChippedSims. Sorry ChippedSims, but you need to have a good look at why it messes with the build buy cheats. In the meantime, I need it out of my game. I don't think I need that mod in anyhow.
  • JazminePlayzSimzJazminePlayzSimz Posts: 2 New Member
    My game is broken. Whenever an event starts like a welcome wagon or like when my sims are on a date, the UI is all messed up and it won't let me cancel it. the timer just spins uncontrollably and there are blue and green lines all over. This doesn't affect my whole screen just the place where the events thing is supposed to pop up
  • JazminePlayzSimzJazminePlayzSimz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @leoiskindahot said:
    > hey, not sure if that's the right forum for this but can someone help me figure out what's causing this + a lot more visual glitches? everything else works fine, it's just some of the ui icons that are wonky and it bugs me A Lot

For me it was the dark mode mod by Arnie did that to my game, do you have this in your game? Maybe that's what caused it
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    > @Candicelle said:
    > Aha! I believe I found the 2 mods possibly doing it, or one of the 2 mods, Happy Haunts, and Whimsical Aspiration. My bet is on the Happy Haunts graveyard mod, one I don't need. Testing now...be back with the results soon.... Well, it's...drumroll, please.... Happy Haunts Graveyard mod by ChippedSims. Sorry ChippedSims, but you need to have a good look at why it messes with the build buy cheats. In the meantime, I need it out of my game. I don't think I need that mod in anyhow.

Thank you, I will look a it tomorrow and try it without this mod. That will save me time! Big thanks! Also, I’ve mention it on the chipped discord, maybe she ( or he I don’t know) will do something…
    My game, so far, seems to be working fine. I just can no longer find in the Event Menu: Fan Meet & Greet. :open_mouth: I did a game repair yesterday. Won't be able to play again until tomorrow at the earliest or Monday.
  • ChippedSimChippedSim Posts: 3 New Member
    > @feevee said:
    > > @Candicelle said:
    > > Aha! I believe I found the 2 mods possibly doing it, or one of the 2 mods, Happy Haunts, and Whimsical Aspiration. My bet is on the Happy Haunts graveyard mod, one I don't need. Testing now...be back with the results soon.... Well, it's...drumroll, please.... Happy Haunts Graveyard mod by ChippedSims. Sorry ChippedSims, but you need to have a good look at why it messes with the build buy cheats. In the meantime, I need it out of my game. I don't think I need that mod in anyhow.
    >

I just tested the mod in my own save. The build buy cheat issue is apparently a newgame bug related to the money scenario (another Modder jsut told me that). I don't touch any of these files and can't replicate the issue caused by my mod.
    For the loading issue I need some more information or a LE to troubleshoot since I can't replicate that one either.

Also please try to keep in mind that modders are human as well. I'm trying my best to help everyone troubleshoot as fast as possible but I prefer being asked nicely and directly.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Guys, support forums/servers are on pg. 1 - this is not the place.
  • simmerannsimmerann Posts: 25 Member
    Has anyone seen whether KawaiiStacie's Explore mod is broken or not? I saw something somewhere saying it is but can't find any verification.
    simmerann wrote: »
    Has anyone seen whether KawaiiStacie's Explore mod is broken or not? I saw something somewhere saying it is but can't find any verification.

go to her page she keeps a list of whats broke still and whats been updated.
  • wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    LUUMIASIMS All eyes shine remover seems to not be working anymore
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    edited November 2021
    LUUMIASIMS All eyes shine remover seems to not be working anymore

If you're trying to use it with default eyes, that's a known issue from whichever patch broke default eyes. The way they were fixed is incompatible with the shine remover.

If you're trying to use it with EA eyes, have you tested with nothing else in your mods folder, including CC, as described on page 1?

Edit: The known issuemay have been fixed. I can't say as I don't use the shine remover. You may need to redownload the eyes or run them through the default fixing program again.
    Post edited by amethystlilac on
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member

NOTE FOR EVERYONE

Hey @luthienrising ! Send me a DM on Discord when you return and I'll give you the SimsVIP list changes for the days that you're gone. It'll make it a little easier for you to catch up :) Enjoy your much needed vacation!
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top