Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    Tolerate is the wrong word, but I'm going to start seriously expecting news about Sims 5 in 2024, or a "remaster" or something along those lines. I figure by that point I'll have found something else to grab my imagination and I'll only periodically play with Sims 4

But I'm still going to keep playing Sims 4 until Sims 5 is available and it looks interesting to me, which may be an expansion pack or two (or more) down the line. Just not as often as I do now.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Honestly, I'm waiting for this game called Paralives, it looks super awesome
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
    Am in no hurry for TS5, particularly in view of the reports it will be online. No thanks! Perhaps a longer run time will result in at least some effort for fixing the current problems, but am not hopeful. We seem to be getting crumbs now, which does not bode well.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2021
    7 years later, there are many things to add to The Sims 4.
    In particular content which was available in the 3 previous games.

The Sims 5 means "Start from scratch" which is no longer acceptable for me after supporting TS2, TS3 and TS4 for years.

Of course the end of TS4 will be a good thing because I would hold all the cards.
    It's easier to play when you know all the possibilities available to you.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    Yeah... As a Veteran Simmer I'm not moving on to Sims 5 until Sims 4 adds all the missing Occults, if they don't, Then we'll just have to shout louder until the Devs hear us, we've been patient and quiet and look how far that got us, Occult Content better be a priority for Sims 5 otherwise we'll move onto Paralives.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
    Although Sims 4 has been it's been fixing itself over the years & developing to be one of the most inclusive games I've ever experienced, it was an incomplete launch with severe limitations.

Enough already, send me a game from this decade if it's complete & performs well.
    Otherwise, I'll continue to wait.

And starting over is no big deal. Had a lotta fun throwing Goopy in 4; he became besties with Bob Pancakes. Think I'll move the Newbies in next to Willow Creek.

Yeah, gimme 5 so I can really create a stew of sim families/townies/premades
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I have no interest in TS5 at the moment. I like TS4, just wish there were more to it. Seems like the game has been stagnant for the past year or so.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    edited October 2021
    logion wrote: »
    I bought the game in 2014 and I have played it back and forth for 7 years.

Keeping a game alive with content and updates will keep you playing until you start to get tired of it... and when the updates are not great and the content feels lacking, then I start to lose interest in playing the sims 4. Everything feels the same for me now.

I need larger changes and more game development to keep me interested. Some new clothes and chairs are not enough, even new worlds are starting to feel the same.

I feel exactly like this. Love this game to pieces, but I've played it for so long, nothing can surprise me anymore. Whenever new DLC is released it feels like more of the same. I'm tired of the "here's a new object and your sim can snap to it and play an animation"- kind of gameplay. I want to see something new; new AI, new editting features that extend beyond the current engine's capabilities, different ways sims interact with each other and their environment. It would be nice if there were actual physics, like for cloth and hair. A lighting engine that won't make the same object three different colors when placed two pixels apart. I mean, I could go on, but...
    CK213 wrote: »
    I have little faith that it will be the TS2 remake with upgraded TS4 aesthetics, and TS3 styled semi open word (Open sub-'hoods)+CASt, that I want. It will probably be some kind of social, online, subscription-based nightmare.
    ...this.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have deeply invested in 4, and I still enjoy it and have whole aspects of it I have yet to explore thoroughly so I am in no hurry for 5 at all. Even if 5 came out tomorrow I would likely play 4 for a long time until there were several new packs because starting again with an empty base game doesn’t appeal to me even a little bit.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I hope they'll fix 4, will keep on fixing bugs, make it better and it is possible for 4 to go on for a long time. I don't know whether I'll play 5 at all, I'm not interested in speculating about 5 and I'm certainly not going to invest in it right away.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Sims 4 already have a lot of options people asked for and DLCs people wanted. I would like them to continue making this game better so when they finally launch Sims 5, Sims 4 will be well rounded and bugs free. And I really like Sims 4 despite its flaws. I’m still waiting for body hair, can’t see my sims being left forever hairless.

As for Sims 5 I’m not sure if I will be even able to play it as the rumors about it being online don’t excite me one bit.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    This is an interesting poll result. Seems that the majority aren’t in any immediate hurry to ditch Sims 4 and move on to Sims 5. In fact, it seems that a lot of people are actually still enjoying their games, even if they are still hoping for expansion and improvements. You certainly wouldn’t get that impression from reading the forum.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I’m actually seeing a shrink right now. My life is total hardship since The Sims 4 Playtime Collector has been pounding at my door for the past few weeks telling me that I haven’t put enough hours in The Sims 4. They demand I pay a fine of about $300 for each playtime hour I’ve missed. I already owe The Collector over a couple of grant. I think I’m going to end up in jail soon because I can’t pay up…
    Apparently The Sims 4 Overlords believe I’m not having enough fun with the only thing in my existence that I’m allowed to enjoy. Which is The Sims 4. There’s absolutely nothing else I’m allowed to enjoy. NOTHING whatsoever. If they notice me scratching my own butt and think I’m enjoying it they’ll arrest me. I’m so scared of The Sim 4 right now. Having to consider The Sims 5 terrifies me! I’m also unable to pay my shrink at this point. I can’t tolerate this anymore. Welp. 🥺

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, Sims 4's inherit flaws are so baked in and at the core, it's very limited. But at this point, there's no going back and fixing the framework to improve The Sims 4 and help it catch up to older games. The game is growing increasingly unstable and it's clear that we're not going to be getting a lot of the things we need. But at the same time, I live in fear of whatever online, stripped-down monstrosity that might come from Sims 5, and even if it ends up being good, I don't want to wait 5+ years to get essentials like witches and dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, Sims 4's inherit flaws are so baked in and at the core, it's very limited. But at this point, there's no going back and fixing the framework to improve The Sims 4 and help it catch up to older games. The game is growing increasingly unstable and it's clear that we're not going to be getting a lot of the things we need. But at the same time, I live in fear of whatever online, stripped-down monstrosity that might come from Sims 5, and even if it ends up being good, I don't want to wait 5+ years to get essentials like witches and dragons.

Yeah I enjoy sims 4 but I really don't think certain things will ever come to the game just because of how it was built from the start. I think with the sims 5 there is a lot of potential with a new engine. I think there will probably be an online element. Though a lot of people seem to be against on the forums I see a lot of people requesting it online and there is also the huge percentage of players that are not on the forums, twitter or elsewhere. I do hope that they make it separate because I just don't see how an exclusively online life simulator could not turn into a train wreck. Sure there is a few out there but they are completely different from the sims series and wouldn't make sense for them to turn the series into a game like that.

I think they would be smart enough to not lose a lot of players that way. But if the feature is separate and doesn't interfere with the rest of the game I think a lot of people will like it. I probably wouldnt use it that much but that's just me.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Ideally I'd like to not be waiting 4+ years for another game. It seems like the ideas for packs are running low now anyways since all we're getting is kits so I don't see the game being dragged out for that much longer
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Good question but as some others have said, tolerate isn't the correct word for me. But I am certainly enjoying The Sims 4 and can see myself continuing to enjoy it for many more years.

I'm not personally too excited about Sims 5 as I really like my game and can't see myself abandoning it when the new one arrives.
    I've spaced out my purchasing of packs and only buy them as and when I want (for example I've only just bought Seasons) so my game still feels very fresh to me. I also don't need new content to enjoy my game so can play quite happily even after new packs stop being released for Sims 4.

I carried on with Sims 2 for a few years before moving onto Sims 4 and will likely do the same when we get the 5th installment.

I know some people are ready for the next chapter of the Sims, but I'm really happy with Sims 4. Not all features or packs appeal to me, so I don't use them. I don't personally want cars, freed babies etc. so I'm quite content. (Apart from bugs of course).

For those who want Sims 5 sooner rather than later, I sincerely hope it's everything you want it to be and that you don't have to wait too long. :smile:
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2021
    @cyncie
    I know, the game's all kindsa broken, sparks no joy for some & still they play on...

@GirlFromIpanema
    Don't have real high hopes or dreams for Sims 5; it's a game. If it flops like Sims Online or Sim City Online, someone will pick up the torch & create something else like Palia, Haunted Chocolatier & maybe even Paralives. And until then, I've got Stardew.

Post edited by JunkyPoem on
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The Sims 4 was intolerable to me in the beginning- especially before toddlers, then before Seasons. It gets more tolerable as they add meaningful base game updates, which I guess means something different to each individual. So I don’t mind if it continues a bit longer, but where are the CARS already? They’ve never been something I’ve felt the need to demand before because we got them in a reasonable amount of time in TS2 and they came with the TS3 base game. But we’re 7 years in and I’m sitting around with fat wads of cash and nothing to spend it on. What’s the point of earning these vast amounts money when a really nice house can be purchased for 100-300K? and even if I wanted to make a million dollar home, all the objects would make it laggy. It feels so pointless at times. I want to bask in my fortunes. I miss the gameplay that TS2 cars gave us. I don’t know how many more years I can tolerate waiting for something so basic.

More gameplay for more life stages is needed, too. I don’t know if I can tolerate another Batuu-like pack or something else completely out of the blue when such fundamental enhancements are ignored.

There’s no way to know if I will look forward to TS5 because it entirely depends on if they meet the needs of the customers they’ve been neglecting.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I doubt it will go on as long as I voted for... but I'm good with it going on as long as there is content to be made for it and changes that can realistically be made.
    I know I still want lots of stuff ... just the things I can think up could cover many years of content at least. My most wanted still being bands and improvements to singing careers, motels and hotels, more romance possibilities, dancing... especially couple (they could make and expansion of this!), expansion of grim reaper and other deviant possibilities, changes to babies, cars and other vehicles (like helicopers). I'm still expecting more supernaturals like werewolves, maybe fairies and hopefully improvements to plant sims. I'd even still like a carnival for sims to go too and game rooms. Jewelry making with a career to go with it? Other careers with nifty stuff for my sims to use in game like a tattoo artist... a hair dresser.... and I still want a plastic surgeon or a device to pretend to transform sims anyway. I'd also very much like an expansion of Sixam with the ability for my sims to colonize there.
    I can think of lots of stuff I still want to play with and include in the game.
    Then I like them to throw me for a loop now and then and get content that I didn't know I'd like and I'm not opposed to other simmers getting content they want lol... Also liking the improvements made to Spa Day and hope they will continue to do that with some other past packs. I guess they do that to keep it relevant or encourage new buyers, but I get the benefits from it too, so I'm not complaining about the length of time this game has gone on and I'm definitely not waiting for the next Sims iteration.

egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It would make me happy to see an announcement about TS5 this year, not two years from now. However, I'm afraid will be a multiplayer game, full of microtransactions, and let's face it now, senario type gameplay, and challenges as they spoke about several months ago when they spoke about competitive gameplay for the future.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I feel like I played Sims 4 as much as I possibly could. I gave it my all but what I was getting in return wasn't worth it. So I haven't played in months. That's not to say something couldn't pull me back in but so far nope so onto the next!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I feel like I played Sims 4 as much as I possibly could. I gave it my all but what I was getting in return wasn't worth it. So I haven't played in months. That's not to say something couldn't pull me back in but so far nope so onto the next!

What makes you think TS5 is going to amaze you and keep your interest? 😂
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I'm specifically interested in the trade-off between dragging out the Sims 4's lifespan and providing extra Sims 5 development time vs. concluding the Sims 4 and getting started on the next generation.

Honestly I won't get it right away, since Sims 4 wasn't really... interesting until expansion pack 3 or so.
    (Also, worrying news from EA about mandatory NFTs in all new games).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    (Also, worrying news from EA about mandatory NFTs in all new games).

I saw that on Twitter and I'm so confused abt what it is and what it means.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr