Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help...I am in a serious rut!!

I am getting bored!! Help me spice up my gameplay a bit! Throw your ideas my way! Any and all suggestions will be considered!
Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Which expansions and stuff packs do you have installed? Also, do you use mods?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    You could start a family with your selfsim and celebrate Halloween?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2021
    Here's something random that's been on my To Do list for years, but I never got around to working it into my main game storyline. Play a perfectly ordinary couple with 2 children -- identical twins with the same traits except one is Good and the other is Evil. Put them both into Politics and see which one wins over the hearts and votes of the rest of the town. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Whenever I get into a rut and get bored with the game I have a look at the badges available to me and get ideas from them.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    This user made a cool thing called The Wheel Of Spice for when you get bored with your normal gameplay: Wheel Of Spice I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure I will eventually <3
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Whenever I get into a rut and get bored with the game I have a look at the badges available to me and get ideas from them.

I do this too!

I also go to the Challenge lists and see if there is anything I haven't tried.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rags to riches.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I have all expansions and stuff packs! I have been working on badges as well...I am stuck on that Professional Student badge!! LOL My sim keeps dying of old age! I don't use cheats! I have gotten to generation 7 of a legacy family before my 7th generation sim set the house on fire....and decided to bump off the entire family! If I could just get to 10 generations!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Have you tried the Dumpster Dive challenge? It can be very challenging!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    If you have Pets, play as a dog/cat and destroy every piece of furniture you can find in your neighbours' houses.

Or play as a witch/wizard and turn every sim into a toad-head, this is fun too!
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    I feel exactly the same, its not the game's fault, we just have been playing it for too long, at least I have since 2009. First I was blaming my old computer, than I blamed the random saves I kept starting, then I went back to play my old family which is on the 10th or more generation and all gets me bored. So I am trying a new strategy, I keep with my 2 old families that I have been playing for years, but on one of them I can only randomize traits and get what I get, even if its the insane trait which is the one I hate more along with inconvenient. On my other family I will randomize traits 3 times and get to choose one of them. I hope that will help me, maybe you can try too. In my case I always had everything planned like how many kids they would have, their traits, sometimes I would even cheat on the sex so I could marry them to specif pre mades, so now I wont do it anymore
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited October 2021
    One thing I do is force (using NRAAS) every newborn in the active household to get an imaginary friend. I like to use them as babysitters for the toddlers when I have a lot of toddlers in a household. I have overstuffed households and have been known to have 6 or more toddlers at a time. I do like a challenge.

I have two complete playlists of videos on my Isla Paradiso Bunch. There are a few children born in that game. In the save that will become the beginning of playlist 3 (if I ever do it) I started giving the imaginary friends major makeovers. That was fun.

There are too many sims in the original household.

The-Isla-Paradiso-Bunch001.jpg

Josephine with the toddlers
    Left-Behind001.jpg

There were 3 alien babies born in the household after this pic was made. And Donna Dutiel was born as well - she is a clone of a sim from France.

I also added the two mothers of the 3 alien babies to the household but had to move them to the house next door as the game wouldn't run in Isla Paradiso.

Mia Azul's ghost swimming
    MiaAzul007.jpg

For the proposed Playlist 3, I have moved the main household from Isla Paradiso to Dragon Valley. There are some extra households of supporting sims that I moved too. For example I captured the Alien mothers of all of the alien babies born to the main household. And I moved the mermaids from Isla Paraidso as well because of their relationships with the main household members. Mia Azul is a ghost and they keep her in an urn and that makes Josephine faint when she sees the yellow ghost floating around; Salty Seaworth is evil and wants to see the ghost of his wealthy spouse and has been pursuing Haley, they are engaged and have twin daughters who are not mermaids; Maya Ocean just came along to complete the group, she's a bit shy; and Judy cloned Triton King so I wanted him to have some contact with his clone. The mermaids are living as townies and wander around Dragon Valley.

I want to break up the main household into smaller units. I took Judy, and all of her children out of the main household and moved them to a different world, Sunlit Tides. Judy has lots of children but she's never been pregnant. Firstly, she's a witch and was the first witch I ever made just after Supernatural was released. I wanted to find out about plant sims and cloning. Judy made a forbidden fruit seed but her housemate, Lorna, picked it. That's when I found out the parent of a plant sim is the one that picks in, not necessarily the one that made the seed and planted it. Then Judy wasn't having much luck with the science machine so I decided to try cloning herself and it worked. I didn't play much more with that game so the two babies grew up to be children and have stayed that way until very recently. They are Charlie The Plant Sim and Anne. In the Isla Paradiso Bunch videos, Judy planted two forbidden fruit seeds because there is a 50/50 chance of picking a forbidden fruit or a plant sim baby from each seed. I wanted a plant sim baby. She picked them both and got two plant sim babies which are named Bertie and Benjie. Then she cloned Triton King and got a baby named Terry King. Then she cloned a sim in France and got Donna Dutiel. So in my current save which in not part of any video yet, Judy has two teenagers, Anne and Charlie the Plant Sim, and four children. Each of them had an imaginary friend that has become real and been given a major makeover. There was some major issues with Imaginary Friends going missing but I got them all back. That's when I discovered they live in the Homeless Household when they become live but before they have been made real.

Here are some pics of Judy, her children and their made over imaginary friends made real.

Judy Butler
    Judy002.jpg

Charlie the Plant sim (aka Charlie Lake) who is now a teen
    Charlie-Lake002.jpg

Peter Lake (Charlie's Imaginary Friend made real)
    Peter-Lake002.jpg

Anne Butler (Judy's clone who has just become a teen)
    Anne-Butler001.jpg

Ruth Butler (Anne's Imaginary Friend made real)
    Ruth-Butler005.jpg

Benjie Butler
    Benjie002.jpg

Bertie Butler
    Bertie-Butler001.jpg

Carl Butler (Imaginary Friend made real - not sure if he belonged to Bertie or Benjie)
    Carl-Butler002.jpg

Pippa (Imaginary Friend made real - not sure who she originally belonged to. Could be Bertie, Benjie or Donna)
    Pippa002.jpg

Joe and Peter (not sure who Joe belonged to - I'll have to launch that save to find out and it is not in my active Sims 3 folder)
    Joe-Peter001.jpg

Terry King (he was aged up to child after the video series currently on YouTube was completed)
    Terry-King003.jpg

Harry King (Terry King's Imaginary Friend made real)
    Harry-King001.jpg

Donna Dutiel
    Donna-Dutiel001.jpg

I'd hazard a guess at this point and think maybe Joe belongs to Benjie or Bertie but if so I don't know why he's a teen. I suspect Pippa belonged to Donna. But I could be wrong.

Now, in my 30 Grandchildren series I made sure all babies born into the active household get an Imaginary Friend at birth.

I had placed only about 6 townies in the world and they couldn't get enough sales of produce from the produce stands so I started making those imaginary friends real, giving them major makeovers and then moving them out to become townies. I got 16 extra townies that way and now the world is filling up - but I don't get them to sell produce any more so it's a pit pointless, but I do enjoy the freedom I feel giving those imaginary friends their makeovers.

The first few Imaginary Friends made real. The toddler was born in game because two of this group, after I moved them out individually, decided to have a baby together. The toddler was born as an imaginary friend.

Imaginary-Friends-Made-Real001.jpg

The final 5 made over imaginary friends made real.

L to R: Clara, Rachael, Cameron, Bruce and Lucy
    Clara-Rachael-Cameron-Bruce-Lucy.jpg
    I make them keep whatever traits and lifetime wishes the game gives them. If they are missing a LTW I give them one at some point before moving them out. Clara got the unstable trait and it is driving me a bit crazy so I've decided to buy a brain enhancing machine for her to do something about her traits. I've not played with that machine much. Maybe only tried to use it a bit once a few years ago. So it'll be part of one of the final videos as I try to get rid of that trait. I know there are other ways to do it but I want to have a go at that machine and it'll add something a bit different to the video when I make it.

I'm wondering what I'm going to do with them all when the series of videos is complete. It is almost complete. Probably will be only 2 or 3 more episodes before we'll know if the badge is awarded or not. They will probably be added to a world in my Big Game that currently has 13 home worlds in it plus the 3 World Adventures Worlds.

I use the Big Game for 2 of my video series. Oscar's Childhood (that has become Oscar's Teen Years) and the other series is The McFluff Story. The Old Gertie McFluff is a witch. She accidentally made 15 of her least favourite friends into cats and then realised she didn't know how to make them human again. The story will go on for 5 generations before they finally work out how to turn cats into humans. I got the idea from a few sources. There is a badge for befriending 15 cats, I got it with Gertie. And I saw a few skins by Moonskin93 and that inspired me to use those skins for Sims that are almost human but the spell didn't quite work. This series has a long way still to go. It's currently on Generation 1, Gertie was generation 0 because she didn't have any children of her own and has passed the problem on to her best friend's daughter and her family.

Old Gertie McFluff
    The-Mc-Fluff-Story001.jpg

Some of her cats
    Cats001.jpg

Some sculptors who visited Old Gertie for a while
    The-Sculptors.jpg

Iris ( Iris is not a plant sim but I think the baby is a plant sim - I'll have to check but that save it put away not in my current Sims 3 folder)
    Iris002.jpg
    Iris is the daughter of Old Gertie's best friend and takes on the challenge after Gertie dies.

Iris with her husband Gerry
    Iris-And-Gerry001.png

And the skins that inspired me to try to turn cats into humans
    McFluff005.jpg

McFluff006.jpg

McFluff003.jpg

I have other series and each one if full of a wide variety of sims. Mostly they are working on badges but not necessarily. I find badges useful for inspiration.

Happy Simming

• pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    Awesome ideas! It's not quite 5 am here and I am wide awake...after another win by my favorite football team of course! I hope everyone had a safe Spooky Day! I hope all of your little ghoul and goblin Sims got lots of candy and played just as many tricks!
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    For me when I get bored, I usually start over with a brand new sim and use NO cheats. I use mods but I try to avoid any cheats. Kind of helps!