Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of community lots are in your neighborhood?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
What do your sims go to most often?
Whats your favorite community lot in your neighborhood?
Do you have an original kind of lot? What is it and whats its function?
What kind of businesses can your sims shop at?

Feel free to share photos!
Will add mine when im able.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    My Sims most often go to any of the lots where they can buy the handheld electronics (cell phone, MP3 player, handheld game) and the games that can be played on their PC or game system at home.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    Malls, Urban clothes' shops, (A multi lot with several smaller shops for many different type things it usually has an outdoor section where they can have coffee and a picnic, built like something you see in a tightknit urban area of towns) Bowling Alley, Restaurants, Hotel (they stay the night), Community pools, motel out on a lonely highway, theater with balconies, feature films and stage in one for plays etc., Low Dive bar, with pool table, and dart board, tv etc. Fancy bar with DJ and fine dining included in a dinning area. Furniture store, Curio store, where they sell weird and occult items. Grocery stores, such as a supermarket, and then just the neighborhood grocery store. Flower shops. I think that is about half of what I put in my main hoods. Plus maybe twenty to forty household lots, and parks etc. I love TS2 because if you build it they will come, and the imagination never stops. I rarely play in 'downtown' anymore, I can put everything I want in one big world where I will see all my Sims (rotational player) everywhere. :) Oh, and wait, I forgot the doctor's office (home lot business) and a community lot hospital, so many great cc for a hospital. And if I get the mod to work I often put in a riding stables for my Sims to go there, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I mostly go to the clothing store. But I mostly like to use community lots to meet certain Sims, to pair them up.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    edited November 2021
    Nevermind. Wrong thread! 😇
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I play in Pitstop Valley (from MTS) with Desiderata Valley attached.

My sims hardly ever visit the premade Desiderata community lots. When they have outings, they go to either the Beach Promenade or the beach fishing spot. The beaches are definitely my favorite lots here and beach is also my favorite type of community lot. My second favorite lot type would be pool, but surprisingly I haven't added one so far to either Pitstop or Desiderata.

Pitstop Valley has almost more community lots than residents:
    - church (wedding enabled)
    - rundown motel (with disco, buffet, double beds and electronics selling station)
    - gas station (sells groceries, games, pet collars and magazines)
    - unfinished skate park (with invisible skating rink)
    - retro diner (restaurant)
    - Oldwest themed playground (generic com lot)

Residential lots/home businesses:
    - Afterschool Science club (Simlogical active school, Pitstop Valley teens only)
    - Police station (residential, sims rotate in an out)
    - Asylum (same as police station)
    - Saloon (home business)

All these lots saw regular use when I last played (my Sims 2 is on hold atm).

University (not added yet):
    I tend to send my students to community lots in the main neighborhood, to stop time from progressing. They only visit campus com lots to buy their YA clothing. And even that only because the shop from homes clothes rack doesn't support young adult outfits. Shopping just isn't something I enjoy to play.

Skate Park:

4230224064e33e449b595bd9f9dd973fde465eb9.png

Playground:

54992ea4f4b7458d6949f55022b7093b5281397b.png

Renovated hospital, now an asylum:

28ec407f1576336998f287ddf6ecc5f4b72c3da7.png

The beauty of Pitstop Valley is that it is supposed that 40 souls dump at the highway, so my nonexistent building skills don't look out of place here.
  • ModernDayM0zartModernDayM0zart Posts: 20 Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > I play in Pitstop Valley (from MTS) with Desiderata Valley attached.
    >
    > My sims hardly ever visit the premade Desiderata community lots. When they have outings, they go to either the Beach Promenade or the beach fishing spot. The beaches are definitely my favorite lots here and beach is also my favorite type of community lot. My second favorite lot type would be pool, but surprisingly I haven't added one so far to either Pitstop or Desiderata.
    >
    > Pitstop Valley has almost more community lots than residents:
    > - church (wedding enabled)
    > - rundown motel (with disco, buffet, double beds and electronics selling station)
    > - gas station (sells groceries, games, pet collars and magazines)
    > - unfinished skate park (with invisible skating rink)
    > - retro diner (restaurant)
    > - Oldwest themed playground (generic com lot)
    >
    > Residential lots/home businesses:
    > - Afterschool Science club (Simlogical active school, Pitstop Valley teens only)
    > - Police station (residential, sims rotate in an out)
    > - Asylum (same as police station)
    > - Saloon (home business)
    >
    > All these lots saw regular use when I last played (my Sims 2 is on hold atm).
    >
    > University (not added yet):
    > I tend to send my students to community lots in the main neighborhood, to stop time from progressing. They only visit campus com lots to buy their YA clothing. And even that only because the shop from homes clothes rack doesn't support young adult outfits. Shopping just isn't something I enjoy to play.
    >
    > Skate Park:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Playground:
    >
    >
    >
    > Renovated hospital, now an asylum:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The beauty of Pitstop Valley is that it is supposed that 40 souls dump at the highway, so my nonexistent building skills don't look out of place here.

Cool places, do they require custom content?

Also as for community lot, i use mostly vanilla ones, the ones i created are mainly recreational lots (lots of fun, hanging out,...)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Cool places, do they require custom content?

Also as for community lot, i use mostly vanilla ones, the ones i created are mainly recreational lots (lots of fun, hanging out,...)

Some do, unfortunately.

> - church (wedding enabled)
    There is a wedding arc on the lot, because the neighborhood's creator had a mod that allowed them to place it on a community lot. I don't have that mod myself, but I think I could use the wedding arc nevertheless (haven't tried).

> - unfinished skate park (with invisible skating rink)
    Mod adds an invisible option to the skate rink, but it isn't strictly required for the lot to work.
    https://modthesims.info/d/380744

> - Afterschool Science club (Simlogical active school, Pitstop Valley teens only)
    I was going to say this one needs a mod, but come to think of it, the teacher could just invite the teens with the group system.
    If you want to look into school from home, here is the mod: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_School.htm

> - Police station (residential, sims rotate in an out)
    I placed a cc shooting range, knife throwing boards and a servo charging station, but none of this is really required, just for atmosphere.
    The sims living here go to work normally. Usually they are the lower ranks, when they advance a bit and found families, they move out to real homes. The only permanent resident here is a zombie.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I never have many community lots in my main hoods. I tend to build a grocery store (food, magazines, games) and a cemetery lot. Sometimes a restaurant and clothes store if I can be bothered (this is with my custom hoods, where you select a template and build the houses and community lots from scratch). I tend to add Downtown, Bluewater Village etc to my hoods which makes things easier as I’m not a natural builder. Maybe I should challenge myself by starting a new custom hood and then adding my own downtown subhood, own shopping district etc. Not sure whether to add my own vacation destinations or not…
  • DreamchildDreamchild Posts: 5 New Member
    @StrawberryYogurt Mostly I gravitate toward the strip malls so my Sims can eat something, get some coffee, buy some clothes and meet at least a few new townies and/or service Sims while out and about. Sometimes I send them to the bowling alley if they need to pump up their fun motive. Now I make use of a career services center if they can't find the right job.
  • DreamchildDreamchild Posts: 5 New Member
    @Lucy_Henley Same here. I try to keep my main 'hoods mostly residential and have shopping districts and downtown areas for most of the businesses. I quickly lose interest in building so I steal all my subhoods and lots from Mod the Sims.
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    I have one main hood, three subhoods, one college and one downtown, and my community lots are different in the different hoods. In my main hood and two of my subhoods I mostly have residential houses of different styles for each hood and then I mostly have small parks, playgrounds, community gardens, churches and graveyards. In my main hood I have a city hall (with pictures of the original sims I created, “the founders”), in another subhood I have a sports hall, and in another that is a small coastal fishing town I have a fish store and a diner and a small flower shop and such.

My third subhood is Bluewater, but I’ve made it quite large and changed it a lot. There I have a central area with lots of business and shops of all kinds, a few bakery’s, larger parks, many restaurants etc. By the beach there’s a lighthouse restaurant, a boardwalk, and so on. I also have a huge castle on the mountains that functions as both a historical building/museum and a wedding venue.

On campus I have a bowling facility, roller skating place, small shops, a small club/bar, a park and a library.

Downtown I have so many restaurants and coffee places, big and small parks, sporting facilities, many clubs and bars, a motel, a little boulevard with stars in the ground and malls and shopping centers.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    edited October 2022
    My neighborhood mostly consists of community lots that I have downloaded off the internet. However since I play in a semi-Victorian world the lots are heavily modified.

Here is a tea place (Owned business with a custom menu)
    rFG4Zbp.jpg

Here is a bowling alley
    bLxtxIH.jpg

And here is a fancy restaurant
    tn7SUci.png
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hmm... I have those lots:
    • Shops (supermarkets, clothing stores, pet store etc)
    • A special student clothing store in the main neighborhood for new young adult buy clothing and get their appearance ready while the semester for them is stopped (as long as you don't switch age category, you can buy young adult clothing in any neighborhood).
    • Park (with a playground, grill, fishing pond etc)
    • Beach (which I can end up putting in a sub-neighborhood)
    • Wedding area, as a church and a outdoor wedding venue on the same lot
    • Graveyard (sometimes I separate sim cemetery and pet cemetery)
    • Sports field (football, basketball and skating)(sometimes included in the park)
    • Restaurants (two I always have is fast food themed (which when owned is cheap) and fancy restaurant (which when owned is expensive))
    • Gym
    • Pool
    • Mall (store that sells everything, usually used when I don't want to go through a loading screens)

Downtowns always have those:
    • Some night clubs
    • Restaurants
    • Stores
    • Bowling alleys
    • Bars

College neighborhoods always have those:
    • A plaza
    • A library
    • A gym
    • A student hangout place (commons, student unions)
    • Stores
    • University version of downtown lots (bar, nightclub, bowling alley...)